Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (albumblatter, ando, anotherscott, Bassano, Albunea, barbaram, 29 invisible), 1364 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1297439 - 10/31/09 08:53 PM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: sotto voce]
Phlebas Offline

Loc: New York City
Originally Posted By: sotto voce
Originally Posted By: Horowitzian
I can't help but think that that's a bloody pompous thing for you to say to a user who can't ignore you if he wanted to.

I wouldn't expect otherwise of a moderator who, in addition to all the abuses of his position I mentioned previously, insults members with impunity, chooses to publicly participate in and escalate a disagreement rather than defuse it, and is openly dismissive of netiquette.

Steven

/ignore

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#1297443 - 10/31/09 09:03 PM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: Phlebas]
akonow Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Please, gentlemen! I'm sure Chopin didn't intend for his Fantasy to arise such controversy! smile
Schumann - Fantasiestücke Op 12

#1297446 - 10/31/09 09:04 PM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: Phlebas]
sotto voce Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Briarcliff Manor, NY, USA
Originally Posted By: Phlebas
I can't help but think that that's a bloody pompous thing for you to say to a user who can't ignore you if he wanted to.

I wouldn't expect otherwise of a moderator who, in addition to all the abuses of his position I mentioned previously, insults members with impunity, chooses to publicly participate in and escalate a disagreement rather than defuse it, and is openly dismissive of netiquette.

Steven

/ignore

Continuing to read my posts and responding with /ignore doesn't seem like ignoring me at all.

I guess you don't understand how off-topic all this is, how much you're demonstrating everything I said about your conduct, and how completely inappropriate your actions are for a moderator.

Steven

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
—Albert Schweitzer

Chopin: Allegro de Concert Op. 46
Schumann: Toccata Op. 7
Fauré: Ballade Op. 19

#1297459 - 10/31/09 09:54 PM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: akonow]
eweiss Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Beautiful San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: akonow
Please, gentlemen! I'm sure Chopin didn't intend for his Fantasy to arise such controversy! smile

Indeed. In fact, Chopin says...

Knock it off or I'm gonna go medieval on both your asses.

#1297491 - 10/31/09 11:32 PM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: eweiss]
sotto voce Offline
6000 Post Club Member

"Both our asses," huh? I hope Chopin would be discerning enough to go medieval on an abusive moderator rather than his victim. If not ... well, there's a reason for the saying about why one shouldn't argue with a fool.

Steven

—Albert Schweitzer

#1297513 - 11/01/09 12:56 AM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: Phlebas]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Steven

/ignore

I'm beginning to question your qualifications as a moderator. Grow up.

#1297516 - 11/01/09 12:57 AM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: Phlebas]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Sv,

Get off your high horse. I argue with a lot of people here. Don't primp yourself into thinking you're singled out at all. That's not the case.

You have the right to your opinion. So does everyone else. It's not your job to set the tone here. There's a variety of posting styles here, and it's presumptuous of you to go around correcting people.

That's the last thing I have to say to you on the subject.

Q.E.D., and I hope it's the last thing you ever have to say to me about any subject.

If you can tell me to "get off my high horse" in public, how come I couldn't tell you what to do in private without you crying to Frank about it?

I wonder how high your horse was when you addressed me with phrases like "Nice try," "Face it" and "Guess what?" the last time you picked a fight with me—and how high it is now saying things like "Don't primp yourself."

What's "presumptuous," in my opinion, is you telling me about "my job" considering your tenuous grasp of the responsibilities, authority and circumspection appropriate to a moderator.

Steven

/ignore

I said it out in the open.

I don't have anyone on ignore status. You can't really put annoying posters on ignore when you're a moderator. You generally have to read the stupid and/or dysfunctional things they post.

The point is we can't ignore you, when you say stupid and/or dysfunctional things. Your behavior in this thread is completely inappropriate for a moderator.

#1297541 - 11/01/09 01:52 AM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: Phlebas]
sotto voce Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Sv,

Get off your high horse. I argue with a lot of people here. Don't primp yourself into thinking you're singled out at all. That's not the case.

You have the right to your opinion. So does everyone else. It's not your job to set the tone here. There's a variety of posting styles here, and it's presumptuous of you to go around correcting people.

That's the last thing I have to say to you on the subject.

Q.E.D., and I hope it's the last thing you ever have to say to me about any subject.

If you can tell me to "get off my high horse" in public, how come I couldn't tell you what to do in private without you crying to Frank about it?

I wonder how high your horse was when you addressed me with phrases like "Nice try," "Face it" and "Guess what?" the last time you picked a fight with me—and how high it is now saying things like "Don't primp yourself."

What's "presumptuous," in my opinion, is you telling me about "my job" considering your tenuous grasp of the responsibilities, authority and circumspection appropriate to a moderator.

Steven

/ignore

I said it out in the open.

I don't have anyone on ignore status. You can't really put annoying posters on ignore when you're a moderator. You generally have to read the stupid and/or dysfunctional things they post.

Maybe you'd wish to repeat what we did once before when you insulted me "out in the open": I'll send you a PM telling you I think of you, you can run to Frank again and have him threaten to ban me, I'll PM you again with an apology and an earnest effort to have a dialogue about behavior in this forum ... and instead of accepting my apology or even acknowledging my attempt to mend fences and move on amicably, you can simply snub me and ignore it completely again.

It's rare to encounter such graceless and spiteful behavior, but there you have it.

And now the malevolent moderator gets a free pass to use terms like petulant, argumentative, high horse, annoying, stupid and/or dysfunctional to refer to me.

It's mind-boggling!

Steven

—Albert Schweitzer

#1297554 - 11/01/09 02:31 AM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: sotto voce]
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria South Africa
It could be the start of a gender war (Yikes!) ...

For me IMHO (sorry about that, moderator!) to suggest that only a woman scorned could possibly grow so bitter in fanning a flame-war against a dodgy moderator, who should know better than to "answer back" to a raspy prima donna ... please chaps, let sleeping dogs lie and let’s hear more about good old Chopin.

PS The dame does not have a monopoly on Chopin works ... I do!! (but don’t tell the others).

#1297586 - 11/01/09 07:16 AM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: btb]
sotto voce Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Oh, isn't that amusing, btb! But then you probably think that all gay men are really bitter, scorned women who talk like raspy prima donnas.

However, you may inadvertently have named why the "dodgy moderator" has attacked me repeatedly: maybe he just doesn't like that BIG GAY AVATAR.

Your strategy of blaming the victim is outdated and offensive, so keep your misogyny and homophobia to yourself. Go practice your sightreading or something.

Steven

—Albert Schweitzer

#1297587 - 11/01/09 07:16 AM Re: To rank the Chopin Ballades, Scherzos, Barcarole and Fantasy [Re: btb]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Ugh...
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tuning an 1875 Steinway D ( with 3/4 plate ) to A440.. safe?
by JD101
07/05/15 03:08 PM
European Piano Party on Mt. Pilatus July3-5 report
by SwissMS
07/05/15 02:40 PM
The Select Language Button...arrgh!
by jim ialeggio
07/05/15 01:27 PM
Piano Factory Tour in China by Piano Price Point
by Glen@pianoHQ.com
07/05/15 01:24 PM
How to play 2:3 polyrhythms FAST?
by Raindrops
07/05/15 12:47 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,888 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,313 Topics
2,424,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission