2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,124 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
mumbo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I posted earlier, but maybe I posted the subject in a wrong way as I have had no feedback yet. Please comment on the following. Thank you.

Hi everyone. Would like some feedback on some DP that I am considering to purchase. If you've played or owned anyone of these, could you please tell me the pros and cons of each? I have been dabbling with a Yamaha PSR2700 for 18 years. It gave out so I need a new one. If you have any other suggestions beside those listed below, I'm all ears. Please advise...Thank you!
This is the list that I am considering:
Roland RD300GX
Roland FP4
Roland FP7
Kawai ES6
Kawai MP5
Yamaha P155
Yamaha YPG635
Korg SP250

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
The Korg SP-250, is reasonably priced (around £550 in the UK) and comes complete with a stand and sustain pedal, the piano sound is good and the touch is perfectly acceptable...to me, bearing in mind that it is a portable piano. It has been around for some time, by DP standards, but the new LP-350 has the same innards with a different style compact case, so perhaps it's not due for updating yet. By the way, it hasn't got an onboard record facility which is a pity.

Last edited by crusadar; 11/03/09 02:03 AM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
crusader, how does the SP-250 compare with the KAWAI CL-35 (leg room aside...)?

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
J
JmJ Offline
J
Depends what you need them for.
For recording and general fun I would advice a second-hand Yamaha P120 not the new 155, Roland RD 300 is a nice piano but the sound doesn’t fit as well in a recording as the one from Yamaha. I’m not that enthusiastic about Kawai as they have some ugly things going on in the higher register and for some reason I never liked playing the Korg ones (hollow sound).
I ‘ve been into Roland ever since the first RD up to the P 8, went to Kurzweill, and now changed to Yamaha . I was planning on the P 140 but it sounded “almost awful” IMHO, the old P120 is a lot better. I had many dig pianos in my rec-studio and they all have some qualities I like and some that I dislike. Al I can advice is to get yourself/use a decent set of cans and try as many of them beauties as you can. My personal favourite right now is the Yamaha CLP-370 PE : very nice natural sound , a very good tuning ,a very fast response, nice control (depth) /natural touch. Nice….really
Hope this helps
JM

G
G
I find the Yamaha CLP 370 very good, but I must say that the new Kawai CN 32 (that costs less than $ 2000) sounds really good in my opinion.
It has a great action, many sounds including 8 different accurate acoustic piano tones, and it looks beautiful.
If you are looking for a portable, I must say that I have not been impressed with Yamahas and Roland, while I find the Korg 250 good for the price.

mumbo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you everyone for your input. Really appreciate your taking the time to respond to my plight. Thank you!

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission