Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1297423 - 10/31/09 08:21 PM Buying Yamaha CLP330PE or CLP340PE in New York
ssli Offline

I am trying to get a nice digital piano for my mother, who is an intermediatebeginner player of acoustic piano. The current place she lives will only be suitable for digital piano. My budget is around $2k -3k. The quote I got for a CLP330PE in Long Island New York is about $3150 (not inlcuding tax or delivery). This seems high and almost the price for a CLP340PE? What should I prepare to pay for a CLP330PE or a CLP340PE? Anyone know a good dealer in NYC area? Thanks for your kind help.

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Special Financing on Digital Keyboards

Click Here

#1297795 - 11/01/09 03:24 PM Re: Buying Yamaha CLP330PE or CLP340PE in New York [Re: ssli]
lholzen Offline

Loc: OK
In Oklahoma, I was quoted $2600 for a CLP330PE. The redwood is $1999.00 and the dealer said PE is about $600.00 more. I have the CLP340 Rosewood in layaway and am paying $2600 for it. I can't afford the luxury of PE for $600 more, or I would have jumped on it. Good luck! Very nice gift for your mother!

#1297911 - 11/01/09 08:03 PM Re: Buying Yamaha CLP330PE or CLP340PE in New York [Re: lholzen]
Nguyen Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I am also in the market for a digital myself. Not in any rush, just kinda shop around now. In the Boston/New Hampshire area yesterday I was quote CLP340 PE for $2,990 and CLP330 PE for $2,600. They also have a CLP270 for $2,700. I was particularly interested in the CLP340PE so I didn't really negotiate the CLP330PE. If I was serious about the CLP330PE, I think I can get it down to around $2,400 or at most $2,500. I spent about 2 hours at the shop trying the CLP270, CLP330 and CLP340. I felt in love with the CLP340. Your mom is very lucky. Best of luck.

#1298580 - 11/02/09 11:00 PM Re: Buying Yamaha CLP330PE or CLP340PE in New York [Re: Nguyen]
ssli Offline

Thanks a lot for sharing the info. Your prices are much better. Which dealer in Boston/NH area, Nyugen? My dealer told me that Yamaha allowed dealer to give phone quote starting Nov 1st, now. Maybe I can just buy from NH and ship to my mom if the assembling is easy?

#1298922 - 11/03/09 01:56 PM Re: Buying Yamaha CLP330PE or CLP340PE in New York [Re: ssli]
Nguyen Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: ssli
Thanks a lot for sharing the info. Your prices are much better. Which dealer in Boston/NH area, Nyugen? My dealer told me that Yamaha allowed dealer to give phone quote starting Nov 1st, now. Maybe I can just buy from NH and ship to my mom if the assembling is easy?

ssli: the Dealer is Darrell's Music Hall, 75 Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060 (800) 339-6818. Talk to Adam or Manny. I just called and asked their permission to post their info here for you and talked to Adam. He said they'd deliver to NYC but with higher cost and that he needs to talk with you to make that decision. In my area, it's $100 deliver & assemble. Talk to him, maybe delivery & assembly isn't that bad. Good luck.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Search over 900'000 music title here!
by sheet
5 minutes 43 seconds ago
What to look for in a keyboard
by Tikki56
Today at 06:30 PM
Christmas duets for Student and Teacher
by Purpl3keys
Today at 06:24 PM
The Steinway S in 1936
by Rich Galassini
Today at 06:21 PM
Yamaha CP5
by Synner
Today at 05:43 PM
Who's Online
125 registered (A Guy, accordeur, ajames, ando, 42 invisible), 1364 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76396 Members
42 Forums
157933 Topics
2319401 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission