2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by John Frank
I think versions of this piece are, and have been, long time staples of many Celtic music soloists and bands, often performed on the "fiddle". You are welcome to dance along - rhythmic tugs on your breeches are optional smile

Soldier's Joy

Enjoy, JF

Delightful little piece John, and sounds like a fun dance. I wish I could see a video of the dance being performed.

Your piano sounds good.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
John Frank - Very nicely played. I am not familiar with this piece but enjoyed it and your performance very much.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Studio Joe - what a great rendition of Shadow of Your Smile! Very well done.

I think I'm thru the first page of the piano bar now. . .

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Cathy, I appreciate your time spent in listening and posting your compliments.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
John Frank, very nice and peppy! Good playing! thumb BTW you were late this month. Tsk. Tsk. Aren't you always first usually or nearly so smile

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jazzwee
John Frank, very nice and peppy! Good playing! thumb BTW you were late this month. Tsk. Tsk. Aren't you always first usually or nearly so smile

Thanks much - As Yogi used to say: "I would have been here sooner, but I just got here..." crazy

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
D
D
I was working on this piece for some time now and I still can't get it right. Nevertheless, I decided to record it anyway and post it here. Hope you'll like it.

It's Johann Sebastian Bach - Prelude in E minor (BWV 941):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai_zujcIgQ

Amateur composer
Amateur piano player
Homepage: http://www.david-ruzicka.com/ - my own compositions (piano pieces includes sheet music)
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/druzdruz
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Kalai1 (Chris),

Your composition is quite excellent, and played with a very nice touch and good feeling.

Welcome to the piano bar, and I hope you continue to contribute.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Kalai1, I missed your post. Nice composition. Pretty tune and well played. Great that you can join us here. thumb

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by marimorimo

I've only listened to Riddler's Nardis so far, and I love it!! The piano is great, but the other computer-generated instruments (which I never even recognized as such) sound great too! Would you mind if I downloaded the file and put it in my mp3 player? blush What's this kind of music called, by the way?

Thanks, Marimorimo, I'd be flattered to think my music was on your MP3 player!

As to the type of music - - this is an amateur's attempt at playing jazz. The song was written by Miles Davis, one of the all-time great jazz musicians. It is often played by jazz groups but is not well known outside of that community. I am trying to learn to play with a jazz group, so I use my computer and Band-In-A-Box software to emulate the other players.

I hope you decide to participate. I think you will find these folks to be very supportive and helpful.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Elssa, Russian folk songs are always entertaining (especially when accompanied by those crazy Russian dancers). Nice job!

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
JohnFrank, Soldier's Joy is a fun little piece. Great job with it. Now, about that voice . . . it most certainly does NOT sound like a Yamaha grand. Perhaps you could have said "a worn out old spinet."

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
David Ruzicka, nice job on the Bach prelude. You are too hard on yourself. Good job.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks, Tx-Dennis! I had fun with it. (I used the 12-String Guitar setting instead of just the usual strings this time). grin

YouTube: TWO GUITARS

I enjoyed your playing of "Shadow..", Studio Joe. smile Is that your own arrangement? Very nice!

K
K
He everyone, for those who commented on my submision, thanks very much, I will be submitting more of my music as time goes by, I only know some George Winston pieces and my own pieces, I want to hear a lot of critique on my songs god or bad I want to hear it, since I am self taught I play by ear and I don't know what chords I play I need all the help I can get, aloha.

Chris

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
David, love the Bach prelude. You play it very well

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TX-Dennis
JohnFrank, Soldier's Joy is a fun little piece. Great job with it. Now, about that voice . . . it most certainly does NOT sound like a Yamaha grand. Perhaps you could have said "a worn out old spinet."

Thanks Dennis - you're, of course, correct about the voice - the rap (by some) on the Yamaha grand is that it is too "brilliant" - taking that as the lead I just thought I would "pull the chain" a little of those who make this claim (rightly or not), who I referred to affectionately as "rascals".

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
A
A
Bill I like that song, also you sing good^_^

Rickster, I liked your song too, Your piano sounded really nice also can I have it? lol just kidding some day I'll get my own^_^

Jazzwee, I enjoyed listening to your song,sounded fun,Good job*_*

True beginner, your song was also good, and I enjoyed listening to it^_^

HomeInMyShoes, Your song Schumann op. 15, no. 1 was very well played, smile
Studo Joe, Very nice, and pretty, I liked the sound of your piano
Z32 Another pretty song, I enjoyed listening to it:P
Elssa I enjoyed listening to Misty very much, I had to look up the song on the computer, I didn't know where it was that well known:0 .. Sounded good to me also:P
Also your Two guitars was another well played song and enjoyable to listen to,I like watching your hands:) and the winter picture in it was nice, Though made me think of snow which is probably coming in a few weeks:(

TX-Dennis
"Augustina, you played that on a 61 key keyboard? Impressive! It certainly doesn't sound like it would be easy to play"
Yes I played that with a 61 key keyboard, I'll record it again when I go to visit my mom over Thanksgiving and can use her piano:)
Riddler

Augustina, if you have only played that three times, you are a heck of a good reader and player! Note: I got a laugh out of the break for page change - there is a law that says if you have a perfect recording going, just before the ending your music will fall on the floor, or the cat will jump up on the keyboard. Never fails."
Well, I've played it more times now, Trying to get the speed right, but yeah Sight reading is not to hard for me, all those years of band and being forced to sight read:), also As you will find out I can not turn pages fast no matter what song I'm playing. So every song you will listen to now, just listen to that " break" for page turning^_^ because I guarantee it will be in almost every song:)

Also I enjoyed what you did with your song, it was very well played:)

Chris for being self taught and not able to read music, Your song was great:)

John Frank, I love all Irish, Celtic, music thanks for soldiers joy. you played it good:)

David, You played Prelude in E Minor very well, I always enjoy listening to anything by Johann Sebastian Bach ^_^
Oh what can I say I enjoyed listening to everyone's music:P

On side note, this is probably the wrong place to ask The last lesson book I completed years ago was Alfred book 6, how much higher do the levels in piano go? and can I put more then one song on here?:)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Woo hoo! A cake! You can't get them by me!

Happy birthday Studio Joe. Here's a my very first "by ear" recording that I did for Seaside_Lee in these circumstances a couple of years ago -

Happy Birthday

laugh

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Augustina - In addition to your November Piano bar submission I also watched all of your videos on Youtube. I was struck by 2 things:

1. You get a very nice sound from your keyboard, and;
2. You play very well and never seem to make a mistake.

I hope you get your piano soon as you are very talented and the 61 note keyboard may start to hold you back.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission