2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
L
L
Editing a MIDI file seems too much for me. However I found the link you provided is awesome! Thanks for sharing the info.

D
D
Laogong...Thanks for the reply, but I am not familiar with the PX730 so much, and the nearest Costco is about 2,000 kilometers away for me! I am in the Yukon. The PX330 is the only one that interests me of the new line of Privias. I would love to try one in person, but I am unable to.

Any owners of the PX330 willing to give a review on the other sounds (strings, flutes, harp, oboe, etc.)? Thanks.

Last edited by Doolittle; 11/12/09 02:52 PM.
B
B
imho the other sounds are quit disappointing. All piano sounds are brilliant, also some of the e-piano sounds. But the other sounds are poor. I had before the Yamaha DGX 630 and this one had better sounds (except the piano sounds).

If you play a SMF sometime they sound like from a cheap soundcard at your PC.

Why do I still prefer the PX 330? Because I wanted to have a DP with good piano sounds and a real good keyboard and connectivity, and here is the PX 330 better! IF I want more sounds I connect the PX 330 to a PC and use VST

Casio Privia PX-330BK
L
L
Yukon is a mysterious place to me. Did you see polar bears often? I wish I can have one as the pet laugh

I'm a music beginner in every sense so cannot comment the quality of the tones on px-320. But the guy who purchased my px-320 is a music professional, he said the piano and string tones are very good.

D
D
It's majestic here all year round. Sorry, no Polar Bears in my area, but plenty of Black Bears and Grizzlies. Maybe I will have to ride a Grizzly down to an area where I can see the PX330 in person...if the salesman sees the Bear hitched up outside, maybe I will get a great deal.
I was looking at the PX320 as well for some time, then I saw the PX330. I love my Yamaha P120, but the Privias still interest me from afar.

L
L
Good news: PX-730 on sale at costco.ca this week!

$650 for online order, and $600 for purchase in store.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...=CNEmail_EN_364-_-FOCUS-_-7-_-CasioPiano

T
T
Hi, We're looking for a family piano but can't seem to get our hands on a PX 830 to try it out. Can anyone tell me if the PX 330 keyboard is the same action as the PX 830 except for the ivory feel on the 830? I can get to a store with the PX 330 and the Roland F110 to compare but no one has the PX 830 which I believe from previous reviews is the PX330 with better speakers, textured keys and the console.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
@ Tika: yes, all the Privias of the same generation have the same action. By the way, the keys on the 830 are "textured" in a way, but I wouldn't call it "ivory feel." The DPs with ivory feel keys (like some Rolands) have considerably more texture than the 830's keys. I'd describe the keys on the PX-830 and newer Casio Celvianos more as smooth, cream-colored. The main difference between them and the regular keys are the color and that they aren't as slippery (they're not glossy - more like fine matte).

Working on: Schumann Album for the Young, Clementi Op 36 No. 1 (all movements), Various Bach, Czerny 599
+ CASIO PX-720 and PX-730 +
Q
Q
Looking for a second opinion here. I'm gonna buy a new digital piano by christmas, and there are 4 models I've pointed out. The PX 130, PX 320, PX 330, PX730.

Currently leaning towards the 330. What exactly are the major differences between these models? Is the 320 almost near identical than 330, its about same prize its just that it comes with the keyboard only unlike the 330, but the 330 isn't at all places.

How about the 130, what makes the others better buys than this? Seeing as it is quite a bit cheaper than the other models.

I've tried to read a bit about them but its a bit confusing. For me the importance lies mainly in how the keys feel and being able to hook it up on the pc with midi connectivity which I know at least the 320 and 330 has.

Some slightly confusing questions, I just don't have the opportunity to try out any of them so its hard to make a decision which feels the right for me.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Quagles
Looking for a second opinion here. I'm gonna buy a new digital piano by christmas, and there are 4 models I've pointed out. The PX 130, PX 320, PX 330, PX730.

Currently leaning towards the 330. What exactly are the major differences between these models? Is the 320 almost near identical than 330, its about same prize its just that it comes with the keyboard only unlike the 330, but the 330 isn't at all places.

How about the 130, what makes the others better buys than this? Seeing as it is quite a bit cheaper than the other models.

I've tried to read a bit about them but its a bit confusing. For me the importance lies mainly in how the keys feel and being able to hook it up on the pc with midi connectivity which I know at least the 320 and 330 has.

Some slightly confusing questions, I just don't have the opportunity to try out any of them so its hard to make a decision which feels the right for me.

Quagles,
The PX-320 is last year's model and is the equivalent to the PX-330. The difference is in the piano sample which in the 320 is 3 layer and in the 330 is 4 layer sample. You can probably get the 320 cheaper as it is discontinued. The PX-130 is the upgrade to the PX-120. They are nearly identical although they took the Midi ports off the 130 and there also are no on board rhythms like the 120 had. The 130 has a metronome. As far as the action, the new models have the third sensor to facilitate having the keys return faster. So the major differences are in the piano samples and improved keybed action. Hope this helps.

V
V
Other differences between the PX-320, which I own, and the PX-330:
1. there is a wheel on the left side of the PX-330 - I assume it is a Pitch bend wheel, which is good to have if you use some of the addtional sounds these models offer compare to the PX-130 - I do not use these sounds, so I don't mind not having that wheel.
2. This is subjective, but I think the PX-330 looks better, more professional stage piano like, with its bigger screen and black finish.

VL

D
D
Any owners of the PX330 willing to give a review on the other sounds (strings, flutes, harp, oboe, etc.)? Thanks.

B
B
For those who ever wanted to see the inside of a PX 330.

Today I had visit from the Casio-Support, they exchanged my keyboard, a good reason to shot a photo from the open PX 330 smile

Was also funny to see the little weights at each key (sorry no photo of that).

Now my PX 330 works fine and I'm really happy with it smile

[Linked Image]

@doolittle
The only usefull sounds imho are the Piano, E-Piano, Strings, Bass and maybe the Hapsicord. The rest is from a very poor quality imho (especially GM sounds, i tried some SMF at the PX 330, they didnt sound very good frown ). The music presets are usefull if you want to be an entertainer wink

Last edited by BanditHH; 11/17/09 08:21 PM.

Casio Privia PX-330BK
D
D
Thanks for the heads up on the other sounds on the PX330 BanditHH...I believe that I had heard that the PX320 had great sounds, and thought that the PX330 would be better or at least the same. I have a great piano sound with my Yamaha P120 already, but had hoped for more usable sounds with the PX330. Too bad, so sad.

B
B
I had the Yamaha DGX 630 before, and i think the other sounds are much bette at the DGX.

But I forget the new World Sounds, I like them, but I have nothing to compare, so I cannot tell if they are good or not, for me they sound good.

But the whole GM table is very poor, except one or two voices (Fantasy f.e.).

The GM table at the DGX was also not very good, but better than the one at a 330.

Casio Privia PX-330BK
P
P
Well as far as anything that hasn't been said, I like my PX330. For those wondering it does work on Windows 7 64 bit just fine with software piano/anything else. My first one had an issue with one stuck key (A3) which released when I pulled up on the adjacent Bb, but I'm still getting a replacement.

Other than that it sounds and plays fine except for one caveat, which I hope (but doubt) is exclusive to mine also. I will paste from my other thread regarding the issue:

Using the default piano samples, if I press a key too slowly or lightly it will not sound whatsoever

I've remedied this by using software piano through my PC, going to velocity/set and calibrating the min and max to my midi controller. But without this I have to admit it's extremely annoying, because at times I like to play with a light touch and it not sounding limits expression in that regard. I think it would also make me unable to play with a soft touch between piano lessons on an acoustic, so I will always have to practice through my PC.

But at least this way no matter how softly or slowly I touch, it at least sounds at the lowest velocity. No problem if you use it with software piano, but if you plan on learning on it without be aware it may limit your expression and subliminally make your "softest" playing louder than it should/would be, if this is indeed a problem on all models.

Last edited by Passion; 11/23/09 07:07 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
@Passion: Funny, I thought the opposite. In my experience with acoustics (I have to admit it's very little), I need significantly more force and velocity to get any sound at all. I was actually worried that practicing on my DP would make my touch too light because sound comes out even though I touch the keys lightly. I would think more force is needed on an acoustic in order for the hammers to hit the strings (t
but of course, acoustics do vary in their touch).

But anyway, I do realize that current DP technology does limit expressiveness. I probably can't achieve ppp on my PX-730, but I'm trying! XD

Working on: Schumann Album for the Young, Clementi Op 36 No. 1 (all movements), Various Bach, Czerny 599
+ CASIO PX-720 and PX-730 +
P
P
@marimorimo: You do have a point I suppose, in that the touch differs on all pianos, even acoustic so readjusting would be necessary regardless. My only issue is that it doesn't sound at all, even the lowest velocity level, if you play too softly or slowly. Have you tried or is it just mine? I feel it should at least play a sample at the lowest velocity no matter how softly/slowly I depress the key.

Last edited by Passion; 11/23/09 10:28 PM.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
I'm a newbie player and posted this on the musicplayer keyboard forums earlier after having the PX-330 for one week.

Physical appearance and design
Price (value)
Key action
GP sounds
Asian instrument sounds (great fun, gotta learn...)
3 year warranty

Quibbles
--------
No sleep function
Hard to read panel especially in low light

There are other comments and reviews over there too.

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Passion
@marimorimo: ... My only issue is that it doesn't sound at all, even the lowest velocity level, if you play too softly or slowly. Have you tried or is it just mine? I feel it should at least play a sample at the lowest velocity no matter how softly/slowly I depress the key.

"real" acoustic grand pianos do the same thing. If you press the key slowly enough there is no sound because the hammer is not tossed onto the string.

Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission