Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
67 registered (A Guy, Almaviva, AZNpiano, ando, 23 invisible), 1080 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1325843 - 12/15/09 10:32 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
MR. SH
Great playing "Christmas Time" I don't know which is better your ear or your piano! They make a wonderful pairing.

Elssa
Thanks for the Sleigh Ride...I had fun!

Ladypayne
Thanks for the Merry Christmas Wish, I enjoyed listening.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1325874 - 12/15/09 11:33 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Strings & Wood]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Hi, Scott - I laughed all the way thru the Jingle Bells. I won't remember the exact chords, but it'll make my experimenting crazier yet - which is good, really, it's good! I can hardly wait to try out more minors and then major 7ths instead of dominants. Thanks for the smiles this morning.

Cathy

#1326465 - 12/16/09 08:44 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Strings & Wood]
nadirfend Offline

Loc: MD
Carl Mc - Thanks for watching/listening... and for your kind comment(s) - I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I've been having *BIG* fun using these 'string methods' (see: Henry Cowell, etc.), and combining/looping them with the computer, in a 'live' presentation. - It's very much like walking on eggs sometime... But I'm learning to wear soft shoes as I proceed down this path... smile
web: - http://ferdinandmaisel.com
facebook: - "inside the piano"
twitter: - @insidethepiano
"Music is the often resolved, yet never solved, puzzle."

#1326730 - 12/16/09 03:03 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: nadirfend]
Always Wanted to Play Piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
Working on O Come O Come Emmanuel from Bastien's Christmas Book 4. Some very unnatural jumps for me, and it's been very slow going, but I'll get something posted in the next week or so.

Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/

#1327581 - 12/17/09 03:21 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Always Wanted to Play Piano]
icekid767 Offline

Loc: Orlando
It's good to see everyone getting along so well. I just got off the company's union forum and I needed to escape to make sure that the world isn't coming to an end. smile

Mr. S-H, good job on Christmas Time is here. I think I remember that from a couple of years back. Ladypayne, I liked your piece...it sounds like a clock playing.

I just recorded another video and I'm going to take my Best Buy rewards and cash them in for a new video camera, because the quality is terrible. I hope you can look past that. I'm a big fan of Vince Guaraldi, so here's another one. Christmas Song from the Charlie Brown Christmas Album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaAqH6F17tI&feature=player_embedded

#1327602 - 12/17/09 03:55 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: icekid767]
Scott The Piano Guy Offline

Loc: Indianapolis
OK, I heard the "jazzy jingle bells" I posted a few days ago was a little tough for some of you. For you beginners, here's 3 sequential lessons to get you playing a very passable version of Silent Night by next week's holiday.

If this gets any of you playing Silent Night in the next few days - post it here! Let's hear it!

Have fun! smile

If you want a lead sheet in the key I am playing it you can get one here:
PDF of Silent Night Lead Sheet

Lesson 1:

Lesson 2:

Lesson 3:

#1327673 - 12/17/09 05:40 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Scott The Piano Guy]
scmay Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Christmas songs posted here. Just out of curiosity, what do you all use to record video? The recordings are pretty good quality, without any background noise (and some recordings are clear without any editing). Does a normal web camera suffice, or a normal camera, or do I need to invest in a camcorder?

#1327696 - 12/17/09 06:10 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: icekid767]
Strings & Wood Offline

icekid
Good one! Very nice job with the Christmas Song classic.

#1327972 - 12/18/09 12:27 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Strings & Wood]
ladypayne Offline

Loc: AK, USA
to scmay: i just use a regular digital camera for mine. Nothing to special, then I use a freecorder toolbar which you can get for free off the net and I use the record audio button to get my audio mp3 from my video and load it up to box.net :P pretty simple and inexpensive way of doing it. Or I'm sure you can invest in more expensive ways to record your videos if you want really good quality stuff.

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528

#1327985 - 12/18/09 12:54 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: ladypayne]
icekid767 Offline

Loc: Orlando
I just bought a Pure Digital Ultra HD with my Best Buy rewards card and I re-recorded the Charlie Brown Christmas song this evening. I think this one may be a little better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyRRdxb87iw

#1328360 - 12/18/09 02:05 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: icekid767]
ten left thumbs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Scotland
I took Scott's jingle bells, and, well, jingled up the chords, and here's what I came up with:

http://www.box.net/shared/sqqy3z02oq

www.justfingers.co.uk
www.babysinging.co.uk

#1328389 - 12/18/09 02:41 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: ten left thumbs]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: ten left thumbs
I took Scott's jingle bells, and, well, jingled up the chords, and here's what I came up with:

http://www.box.net/shared/sqqy3z02oq

Well done indeed! thumb
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1328449 - 12/18/09 03:40 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: TTigg]
ten left thumbs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: TTigg

Well done indeed! thumb
- SC

Thanks! smile You can tell I'm just feeling my way in it.

www.justfingers.co.uk
www.babysinging.co.uk

#1329706 - 12/20/09 10:40 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: ten left thumbs]
Strings & Wood Offline

TLT
Good job!
I played around with this the other day as well, it is fun to fill the gaps. I must spend a little more time over in the jazz thread. I suspect I could learn a lot on improvisation.

#1329910 - 12/20/09 02:38 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: scmay]
Elssa Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: scmay
I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Christmas songs posted here. Just out of curiosity, what do you all use to record video? The recordings are pretty good quality, without any background noise (and some recordings are clear without any editing). Does a normal web camera suffice, or a normal camera, or do I need to invest in a camcorder?

I'm using a Canon PowerShot A550 digital camera/recorder. smile

#1331551 - 12/22/09 02:01 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Elssa]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
I enjoyed your Jingle Bells, Ten Left Thumbs, with the sophisticated cords! thumb

Here is my version of “Jingle Bells”. Of course, I'm back to my old jazzy, bluesy self. I think I’m just hyper. grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aloL3lC81I

Take care and Merry Christmas All!!

Rick

#1331621 - 12/22/09 03:43 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Rickster]
ten left thumbs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Coming from you Rickster, that means a lot to me. smile

I prefer your version, especially the bits where you go off the page into your bluesy thing. And you always look so happy when you play. Sometimes I feel I should transcribe what you play, but there are just so many notes!

www.justfingers.co.uk
www.babysinging.co.uk

#1331865 - 12/22/09 09:33 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: ten left thumbs]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
TLT- Really liked your reharm on the Jingle Bells! I've got to try some of this.

RICKSTER-some day I hope I will be able to play as relaxed as you do. You just look like you're having the time of your life! Does anyone ever sing along with you? I think it would be hard not to. Really great!

This thread has given me so much joy this month - EVERYONE was wonderful! I've been away from the computer for a few days, so trying to catch up.

#1331887 - 12/22/09 09:58 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: CMohr]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
LadyPayne-I'm glad you played We Wish You a Merry Christmas - who doesn't like that one?! (it's one even I can play w/o too many mistakes. ha-ha!) Good job!

#1331949 - 12/22/09 11:22 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: CMohr]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Here's a Mark Hayes arrangement of Joy to the World that I nearly tore my hair out as I was trying to make this for a Christmas CD to give to friends and family. Nothing like the holidays to get us all nice and stressed out!! laugh

http://www.box.net/shared/r4ltby8yqm
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#1331956 - 12/22/09 11:31 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Morodiene]
AnthonyB Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Center City, MN
Morodiene, if none of your friends and family manage to give you compliments then at least I will. It takes a lot of dedication to try and undertake a musical project like that (and in a fairly short timeframe too.)

Plus, you still find some time to waste on the IRC channel as well. smile

Maybe I'll tackle some Christmas stuff for next year when I'll have more family members closer for the holidays. Or maybe I can convince someone else to learn how to play piano and make them learn the Christmas stuff. wink

#1331962 - 12/22/09 11:36 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Morodiene]
ladypayne Offline

Loc: AK, USA
really nice Morodiene! I like it alot! You always play really fancy pieces! :P

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528

#1332093 - 12/23/09 06:31 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: ladypayne]
grotrianer Offline

Loc: Braunschweig, Germany
An impressionistic rendition of bells tolling on Christmas Eve, with fragments of "O Sanctissima"/"O Du Fröhliche"/"O How Joyfully" thrown in:

Ferruccio Busoni - Nuit de Noël

Happy holidays everybody!

#1332107 - 12/23/09 07:23 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Rickster]
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
I really enjoyed your Jazzy Jingle Bells, Rick! That was awesome!

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1332109 - 12/23/09 07:28 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Morodiene]
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
That was super, Morodiene! Your family and friends are going to love it. Great playing and a super arrangement.

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1332131 - 12/23/09 08:28 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: mom3gram]
Morodiene Offline

Thanks anthony, lady and mom3gram. I think you should plan on it for next year, anythony...you already have the recording part down, which I was working out in the process!

grotrainer: wow, that was really unexpected! Hauntingly beautiful, thanks for sharing that!

#1332201 - 12/23/09 10:11 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Morodiene]
Strings & Wood Offline

Morodiene
My favorite... it had me smiling the whole way through!
Loved it!
PS
What is required to get on your "friends" list?
Sure would like a copy of the CD

PPS
It is unflattering to beg.

PPPS
Just a little?

PPPPS
No!

Edited by Carl Mc (12/23/09 12:59 PM)

#1332220 - 12/23/09 10:27 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: grotrianer]
Strings & Wood Offline

Grotrianer
Wonderful expression, It was an unexpected path leading to an unexpected ending... I enjoyed listening!

#1332233 - 12/23/09 10:46 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Strings & Wood]
Morodiene Offline

Originally Posted By: Carl Mc
Morodiene
My favorite... it had me smiling the whole way through!
Loved it!
PS
What is required to get on your "friends" list?
Sure would like a copy of the CD

Photo ID, completed application, and a $20 processing fee. laugh

#1332269 - 12/23/09 11:21 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Morodiene]
Strings & Wood Offline

grin

Bet I can make it next year!
Merry Christmas Morodiene!

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Upright - felt under bridle strap hole necessary?
by JoeThePro
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
most complicated song played on a toy piano?
by MrSnrub
Yesterday at 06:14 PM
Casio PX-780 Problem with Ivory/Synthesia/Pian
oteq

by Rozzok
Yesterday at 05:09 PM
In one word, what is Piano to you?
by juliantoha624
Yesterday at 04:03 PM
High school piano accompanist
by MiguelSousa
Yesterday at 01:51 PM
Forum Stats
77443 Members
42 Forums
160157 Topics
2351918 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission