2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,162 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
TB,

I'm on the road so can't find the time to listen to everything on the bar yet ( I can't believe it's already December!!) but I did listen to yours. You really write some very delightful tunes my friend! It does seem blue, kind of longful, to me. I'm down in NY putting up Christmas decorations for my mom and it's kind of sad as my Dad always did it and now he has passed away. Your tune would have been a perfect backdrop for how I felt out in front of the house this morning putting lights on the bushes and railings.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TrueBeginner
Here is my contribution for this month. I tried to make something different this time.

http://www.box.net/shared/p76rsmr08q

TB

Wonderful composition TB. Beautifully played with delicate dynamics and feeling.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Larry Larson

Good one larry, a very interesting composition. Like the mood of this one, just not long enough.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Larry - very nice. You are a talented writer and performer. Well done.

Riddler - I really like it when you play upbeat pieces with the band - you are the ABF King of Swing.

Sam and Laurie - Outstanding. I'm glad to see that Laurie finally got to sit down. I love the way the sun is shining on your hands - at first I thought you were wearing Micheal Jackson gloves.

My submission this month is a Piano Bar standard (I think I remember at least two other versions of this song). The introduction was performed by the Roland String Quartet but they left when I started singing - go figure.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Beautiful duet Sam. You and Laurie make a good team.

The cat likes to take advantage of the photo op huh?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ed: "Blue Train", very well done, sounds professional just like a trio with the backing and all.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Bill, one of my favorites and one of the best renditions of "Georgia" I've heard in a while.

Good job.

This is the first time I've submitted something to the piano bar. I hope to do the recital some time also. I've been playing with my Zoom H4n recorder and just recorded Tchaikovsky's Italian Song: http://www.box.net/shared/si0n3x5ybp

Last edited by foxyw; 12/01/09 04:23 PM.

"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!" J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997.

[Linked Image]
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
That was great, Bill! You do a wonderful job with the playing and the singing on that song! That is a song I like to play, but my version is no where near as good as yours! Your version sounds more like the record!

(By the way, it ain't easy to play that well and sing too!!:-)

I enjoyed it much!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
foxyw - What a delightful piece and performance. I admire the way you kept the tempo bright and lively. The Zoom is working well as the recording was very clean and crisp. Well done.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
M
M
OK, this is my first time posting a recording, plus my first time using box.net, so hopefully this will work!

This is a piece I wrote several years ago called Trovador:
http://www.box.net/shared/c0bjvfsbbv

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Riddler/Ed, great piece! I enjoyed listening to it.

Morodiene, I enjoyed your original improvision! It was great! Your real piano sounded great too… what kind is it?

IETDPBOTABFT (I’ve enjoyed the December Piano Bar on the Adult

Beginners Forum today!! grin)

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Morodiene - Wow!! You can really play! I love the energy and emotion of the piece. Nice!

ps. The box.net recording sounds fine.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
M
M
Originally Posted by Rickster
Riddler/Ed, great piece! I enjoyed listening to it.

Morodiene, I enjoyed your original improvision! It was great! Your real piano sounded great too… what kind is it?

IETDPBOTABFT (I’ve enjoyed the December Piano Bar on the Adult

Beginners Forum today!! grin)

Rick

Thanks, I have a Petrof concert grand. I really don't have a space that odes it justice though. I should move out to the country and convert a barn into a concert hall! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
M
Originally Posted by b528nf7
Morodiene - Wow!! You can really play! I love the energy and emotion of the piece. Nice!

ps. The box.net recording sounds fine.

Thanks! I was inspired by how a lot of Spanish influenced music combines major and minor modes together and tried to write in that way.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
M
Originally Posted by foxyw
This is the first time I've submitted something to the piano bar. I hope to do the recital some time also. I've been playing with my Zoom H4n recorder and just recorded Tchaikovsky's Italian Song: http://www.box.net/shared/si0n3x5ybp

I really enjoyed your playing, foxyw. This is quite a challenging piece with that jumpy LH!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bill - very nice! Enjoyed your singing and playing very much! Such a nice voice.

Morodiene - very nice piece! I enjoyed your playing and your piano really sounds great! I like how the piece is both peaceful and intense and has such energy.

Thank you both for your kind comments about my recording of Tchaikovsky's Italian Song. It is a piece that I am just finishing working on with my teacher. It is fun to play and has helped me with phrasing and to learn to better balance the volume in each hand.

"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!" J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997.

[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Larry - it evoked more tuxedos-on-the-balcony with stars in the background and a tonic and lime in your hand :eyebrow raising icon here: on a sultry summer night smile Nice composition and playing.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Morodiene
liked the way it got denser and denser and almost crazy then suddenly (about 2/3 in) it opens out to complete simplicity again. Thanks smile

TrueBeginner, I started listening and thought 'this is nice' then after a while i noticed i had beeen gazing out of the window at the beautiful garden in a dream - I think yours is very calming music. And the end was intriguing, like a little question.

Foxyw, nice tchaikovsky, and a perfect rendition i think, well I didn't hear any misses smile congratulations on nailing it.

Thats all i've time and brain for now, except that sam's (harpsichord, yay!) bach gounod is going to play for me as I make a pot of tea ready for some practice, thanks in advance sam smile

Last edited by Canonie; 12/01/09 09:53 PM.

[Linked Image]
Composers manufacture a product that is universally deemed superfluous—at least until their music enters public consciousness, at which point people begin to say that they could not live without it.
Alex Ross.
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Sam, yours and Laurie's duets are fast becoming some of my favorite music here. This was great - I love your harpsichord smile

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission