Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1316092 - 12/01/09 05:09 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: BillM]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
OK, this is my first time posting a recording, plus my first time using box.net, so hopefully this will work!

This is a piece I wrote several years ago called Trovador:
http://www.box.net/shared/c0bjvfsbbv
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1316101 - 12/01/09 05:22 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Morodiene]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Riddler/Ed, great piece! I enjoyed listening to it.

Morodiene, I enjoyed your original improvision! It was great! Your real piano sounded great too… what kind is it?

IETDPBOTABFT (I’ve enjoyed the December Piano Bar on the Adult

Beginners Forum today!! grin)

Rick

#1316102 - 12/01/09 05:24 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Morodiene]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Morodiene - Wow!! You can really play! I love the energy and emotion of the piece. Nice!

ps. The box.net recording sounds fine.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#1316103 - 12/01/09 05:24 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Rickster]
Morodiene Offline

Originally Posted By: Rickster
Riddler/Ed, great piece! I enjoyed listening to it.

Morodiene, I enjoyed your original improvision! It was great! Your real piano sounded great too… what kind is it?

IETDPBOTABFT (I’ve enjoyed the December Piano Bar on the Adult

Beginners Forum today!! grin)

Rick

Thanks, I have a Petrof concert grand. I really don't have a space that odes it justice though. I should move out to the country and convert a barn into a concert hall! lol

#1316111 - 12/01/09 05:31 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: BillM]
Morodiene Offline

Originally Posted By: b528nf7
Morodiene - Wow!! You can really play! I love the energy and emotion of the piece. Nice!

ps. The box.net recording sounds fine.

Thanks! I was inspired by how a lot of Spanish influenced music combines major and minor modes together and tried to write in that way.

#1316129 - 12/01/09 05:59 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: foxyw]
Morodiene Offline

Originally Posted By: foxyw
This is the first time I've submitted something to the piano bar. I hope to do the recital some time also. I've been playing with my Zoom H4n recorder and just recorded Tchaikovsky's Italian Song: http://www.box.net/shared/si0n3x5ybp

I really enjoyed your playing, foxyw. This is quite a challenging piece with that jumpy LH!

#1316147 - 12/01/09 06:25 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: BillM]
foxyw Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Bill - very nice! Enjoyed your singing and playing very much! Such a nice voice.

Morodiene - very nice piece! I enjoyed your playing and your piano really sounds great! I like how the piece is both peaceful and intense and has such energy.

Thank you both for your kind comments about my recording of Tchaikovsky's Italian Song. It is a piece that I am just finishing working on with my teacher. It is fun to play and has helped me with phrasing and to learn to better balance the volume in each hand.

#1316195 - 12/01/09 07:36 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: foxyw]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Larry - it evoked more tuxedos-on-the-balcony with stars in the background and a tonic and lime in your hand :eyebrow raising icon here: on a sultry summer night smile Nice composition and playing.

Cathy

#1316228 - 12/01/09 08:32 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: jotur]
Canonie Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Morodiene
liked the way it got denser and denser and almost crazy then suddenly (about 2/3 in) it opens out to complete simplicity again. Thanks smile

TrueBeginner, I started listening and thought 'this is nice' then after a while i noticed i had beeen gazing out of the window at the beautiful garden in a dream - I think yours is very calming music. And the end was intriguing, like a little question.

Foxyw, nice tchaikovsky, and a perfect rendition i think, well I didn't hear any misses smile congratulations on nailing it.

Thats all i've time and brain for now, except that sam's (harpsichord, yay!) bach gounod is going to play for me as I make a pot of tea ready for some practice, thanks in advance sam smile

Edited by Canonie (12/01/09 08:53 PM)

Composers manufacture a product that is universally deemed superfluous—at least until their music enters public consciousness, at which point people begin to say that they could not live without it.
Alex Ross.

#1316436 - 12/02/09 01:49 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Canonie]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Sam, yours and Laurie's duets are fast becoming some of my favorite music here. This was great - I love your harpsichord smile

Cathy

#1316494 - 12/02/09 05:49 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: jotur]
jis Offline

Hi everybody,

What is the idea behind the 'Piano Bar'? do you send in your performances and recordings by month? What is the difference between the piano bar and member recordings forum?

It is good to hear everybody here is enjoying the music!

www.myspace.com/jismusic2

#1316522 - 12/02/09 07:26 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: jis]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Larry - enjoyed "Sultry", which can be either a hot summer evening or a hot summer evening dress laugh Ice tea would be just fine - or maybe an adult beverage of the Southern kind...

JF

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1316523 - 12/02/09 07:26 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: jis]
Larry Larson Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Carmel, Indiana
Sam and Laurie, nice job! Brought back memories of my wedding back in '78 when my father in law sang it. What you said about lack of dynamic control on the harpsichord made me think that would be a good instrument for me. Dynamics on the piano is a challenge for me as a recovering accordion player. I think it would be fun to build one from a kit too.
www.larrylarsonpiano.com
YouTubeChannel www.youtube.com/LarryLarsonPiano

#1316524 - 12/02/09 07:30 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Riddler]
Larry Larson Offline
500 Post Club Member

Riddler, that's nice music. Aren't those backing tracks wonderful? I was just noodling around on my synthesizer yesterday and hearing the percussion tracks always inspires new compositions.
www.larrylarsonpiano.com

#1316526 - 12/02/09 07:34 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: BillM]
Larry Larson Offline
500 Post Club Member

b528nf7, very nice job on this one, maybe my favorite of the ones you've posted.. I think the song is very well suited to your voice and style. I love your improvs, you've got good intuitions about this kind of music.
www.larrylarsonpiano.com

#1316527 - 12/02/09 07:34 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Larry Larson]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Sam (and Laurie) - excellent playing on "Ave Maria" - you guys work well together and it must be fun for you - I know it is for us.

You're correct - the Bach Prelude is in the so-called "Ambitious Section" in the back of Alfred 3, and some really good renditions of it can be heard in recent posting in the Alfred 3 thread by Undone , Waltz and TTigg .

JF

#1316644 - 12/02/09 10:25 AM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Studio Joe]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Studio Joe
Beautiful duet Sam. You and Laurie make a good team.

The cat likes to take advantage of the photo op huh?

Poor Squeaky the gray tabby appears at about a minute into the video. She is mostly deaf. Her ears are locked to the front, never swiveling like a normal cat's. She cannot hear low tones, but she can hear high tones. To get her attention we whistle. Her meow is a pitiful squeak, which is how she got her name. Whenever she hears Laurie's recorder she comes running. I can imagine her saying, "I can hear you! I can hear you!"

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. We do have fun playing together, and that's the most important part.

Sam

#1316745 - 12/02/09 01:20 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: jis]
Larry B Offline

Loc: Boston
Originally Posted By: jis

What is the idea behind the 'Piano Bar'? do you send in your performances and recordings by month? What is the difference between the piano bar and member recordings forum?

I haven't posted to the piano bar myself (yet) but saw no one had answered your question yet and thought I'd take a stab at it.

The member recordings forum seems to be a place where people post for critical feedback. Most of what's there are polished pieces or works-in-progress that a member is looking for constructive critique on. It's kind of a "serious" place (in a good way).

The piano bars are just plain fun. Polished, works-in-progress, just-started-on-it, and everything else in between. Make music. Share music. Enjoy music. It's all good. You can ask for critiques or advice here, too, but mostly it's about the joy of playing and listening.

#1316751 - 12/02/09 01:28 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Larry B]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Larry,

I tried but I can't feel the summer heat. smile Great tune though.

#1316753 - 12/02/09 01:30 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Peyton]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Sam, That was wonderful. It must be really nice to have someone to play with like that. You make a good team.

#1316841 - 12/02/09 03:57 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Studio Joe]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Riddler - really, really good stuff! - "Blue Trane" is cool, swinging Coltrane - good gravy, I can remember listening to Coltrane and Miles and The Modern Jazz Quartet & Monk and Cannonball Aderly many years ago on the original vinyl - just marvelous playing thumb

JF

#1316846 - 12/02/09 04:07 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Studio Joe]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Bill - I liked this a lot, as much as anything you've done to date - entertaing version of a great old standard - Ray Charles has to be smiling down on you from that great "Soul Train" in the sky - like the many voices of the Clavinova too (that's what I play).

JF

#1316856 - 12/02/09 04:23 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Larry B]
jis Offline

Quote:
[/quote]I haven't posted to the piano bar myself (yet) but saw no one had answered your question yet and thought I'd take a stab at it.

The member recordings forum seems to be a place where people post for critical feedback. Most of what's there are polished pieces or works-in-progress that a member is looking for constructive critique on. It's kind of a "serious" place (in a good way).

The piano bars are just plain fun. Polished, works-in-progress, just-started-on-it, and everything else in between. Make music. Share music. Enjoy music. It's all good. You can ask for critiques or advice here, too, but mostly it's about the joy of playing and listening.[quote]

Thanks Larry B,

That is a very clear explanation. I think it is good to have two seperate forums! critical comments about your playing or compositions when you're just having fun is not fun!

Jis

www.myspace.com/jismusic2 (for fun AND comments smile )

#1316879 - 12/02/09 04:48 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: TrapperJohn]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Originally Posted By: John Frank
- like the many voices of the Clavinova too (that's what I play).

JF

John Frank - Thanks for the kind words. Although I still have and love my Clavinova this piece was performed on my Roland digital grand that I got a couple of months ago.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#1316894 - 12/02/09 05:10 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Studio Joe]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Riddler, I think this is my favorite of your recordings so far. It sounds so polished and professional!

Bill, loved your "Georgia"! You made all those runs sound effortless, and your voice suits the song perfectly. I have to say, though, I could've done without the Roland String Quartet. whome

foxyw: Congratulations on your first-ever piano bar submission! With pieces like that, you'd better submit to the next recital! grin Your Zoom sounds good, too.

Morodiene: You wrote that?! wow That was extremely impressive. I loved how it started off with more of a slower, brooding tango air, and then got increasingly more complex, culminating in that section in the middle where it went all wild... lovely! I hope we can hear more from you. smile

#1316899 - 12/02/09 05:14 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Larry B]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Larry B
Originally Posted By: jis

I haven't posted to the piano bar myself (yet) but saw no one had answered your question yet and thought I'd take a stab at it.

The piano bars are just plain fun. Polished, works-in-progress, just-started-on-it, and everything else in between. Make music. Share music. Enjoy music. It's all good. You can ask for critiques or advice here, too, but mostly it's about the joy of playing and listening.

Larry's nailed it. A third option for sharing music is our quarterly AB Forum Recitals (look at the top of the forum page for a thread about the current recital we just hosted).

Welcome to the forum, jis! smile

#1316902 - 12/02/09 05:20 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Monica K.]
Morodiene Offline

Originally Posted By: Monica K.
Riddler, I think this is my favorite of your recordings so far. It sounds so polished and professional!

Bill, loved your "Georgia"! You made all those runs sound effortless, and your voice suits the song perfectly. I have to say, though, I could've done without the Roland String Quartet. whome

foxyw: Congratulations on your first-ever piano bar submission! With pieces like that, you'd better submit to the next recital! grin Your Zoom sounds good, too.

Morodiene: You wrote that?! wow That was extremely impressive. I loved how it started off with more of a slower, brooding tango air, and then got increasingly more complex, culminating in that section in the middle where it went all wild... lovely! I hope we can hear more from you. smile

Thanks so much, Monica. I'm glad you enjoyed it smile. I'm surprised this forum is really the only active one with posting recordings. I suppose it's a bit more open and friendly about it than the Pianists Corner. Still, there are some valuable things that could be learned from the regulars there. But it was fun posting it here!

#1316925 - 12/02/09 05:39 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Morodiene]
Inlanding Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Colorado
So many wonderful tunes already posted up, very enjoyable.

Here is my crack at it.

I will put up a few more (some old standards and some improvs like this one) as the month progresses.

Happy December!

http://www.box.net/shared/xnb8cyu5de

Glen

A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member

#1316982 - 12/02/09 07:17 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Inlanding]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Riddler/Ed - another great piece. I was groovin' all thru it smile

Cathy

#1317057 - 12/02/09 09:20 PM Re: December Piano Bar [Re: Inlanding]
Morodiene Offline

Originally Posted By: Inlanding
So many wonderful tunes already posted up, very enjoyable.

Here is my crack at it.

I will put up a few more (some old standards and some improvs like this one) as the month progresses.

Happy December!

http://www.box.net/shared/xnb8cyu5de

Glen

Very nice, Glen...sounds very much like the winter we should be getting pretty soon here smile

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Von fremden Lndern und Menschen tempo
by hreichgott
10/31/14 10:43 PM
Another Kawai ES7 warning
by bjorn of brekkukot
10/31/14 08:41 PM
Olga Vinokur, Piano Concert Nov. 9, Lowell, MA
by Piano World
10/31/14 08:21 PM
Yamaha P155 synth/midi question
by sdrep
10/31/14 07:36 PM
Pianist, Dutch magazine - nr 2 release 31 oct
by Johan B
10/31/14 06:30 PM
Who's Online
72 registered (Anticlock, AndreiN, 36251, 22 invisible), 1594 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76724 Members
42 Forums
158658 Topics
2330055 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission