Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1320118 - 12/07/09 07:51 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Strings & Wood]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Carl Mc - You got the stately grace of this lovely song just right. Well played.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1320124 - 12/07/09 08:09 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: BillM]
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
Rob, "In the Bleak Winter" was so pretty. It reminds me of the peaceful feeling on Christmas night, when all the excitement has dwindled down and you can just enjoy the peace and quiet and contemplate.

Carl - Really nice arrangement of "What Child is This". Love the broken chords!

FrozenIcicles - I love the "self-duet"! "Away in a Manger" is one of my very favorites. Your piano/violin combo was lovely.

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1320131 - 12/07/09 08:45 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: mom3gram]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
wow some amazing stuff in there folks thumb

This, Dec Piano Bar you certainly all keep very busy! As for me, I'm going to attempt to get 2 Christmas Songs done this month being..

"The Christmas Song" I mean it's the classic! smile
"Where are you Christmas" since I love Movie & TV Music

Of course and attempting to finish up Forest Gump and trying to stay away from Einaudi will Dec 25th wink
- SC

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1320144 - 12/07/09 09:20 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: TTigg]
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (originally N...
This thread sounded like fun, so I threw something together late last night. Recorded in one time through so a little rough around the edges. Also realized when I set the Flip Video recorder up I cut off the top of my head. Not surprising, I'm known to do the same thing with still photography:-)

It's a piece I found in a Christmas book for piano, but
it's called Happy Hunakkah My Friend.

It sounds nice on piano, but I've chosen to use the strings on my Yamaha P-80.

If I have a chance I'll try to record a better version later.
(coulda used a page turner too)

Yes, I'm the guy with the Santa belly. My friend Kathy says I should grow
a beard and play Santa.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!

#1320148 - 12/07/09 09:27 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: TTigg]
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
I have to say, I have enjoyed each and every posting on here.
It truly sums up the spirit of the season.

Barb,
Love your playing style and voicings.

Jotur,
Interesting chording, just wish it were longer.

Rickster,
That rocks!!

Monica,
This perfectly evokes the season for me. Bravo!

Angeloif,
A great take on a personal favourite :-)

Carl,
Have to admit, this is new to my ears, but played with great control and feeling.

Morodiene,
Loved that intro! The rest took me back to being 10 years old. Great memories of Christmasses past.

Peyton,
What can I say? This just took my breath away. Absolute class, and so deserving of a wider audience.

Ben Piano,
Possibly my favourite of all, but I am biased, being a guitar player also.
Can't put my finger on it, but it reached me on so many levels. Want to hear so much more from you.

Dannac,
Pleased you don't have sheet music for this, so we get to hear the real you! Too short .....Grrrrrr :-)

CMohr,
You got Christmas all wrapped up! :-)

Elssa,
A seasoned, and seasonal pro!
If you could record your keyboard direct, it would be even better, if that's possible.

Ladypayne,
Exquisite :-)

b528nf7,
Wow! that name is a mouthfull to type! May I call you Bill?
Another new one for me. I have never heard this version before, but your performance was excellent, and you vocals remind me of Ireland, for some reason. Please take that as a compliment, as I love all things Irish :-)

Carl,
What would Christmas be, without this tune? And you did it such justice.:-)

FrozenIcicles,
It sounded like you were right here in my room, giving me a private performance! Way, way, to short :-(

Hope I haven't missed anyone, but you all, ROCK!!!!!!!!
Thank you.

Rob

#1320155 - 12/07/09 09:33 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Frozenicicles]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Elssa - great playing as usual - nice watching your hands, but it would be nice to see you too - maybe a double video setup edited together in the final - "The Christmas Waltz" is one of my favorite holiday tunes - I was thinking of doing it myself for this thread, but not now...can't compete with that!

JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

#1320158 - 12/07/09 09:34 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: R0B]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Frank, I know that song, actually! Great rendition of it smile. Carl, that's one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time, thanks for sharing that! ROB, I really liked your piece as well. Frozen, how nice to hear violin, I think you sounded great!
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#1320163 - 12/07/09 09:39 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: TrapperJohn]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Frank - nice playing...very smooth.. not too sure about the strings though... FYI, this is a piano forum wink laugh

JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

#1320184 - 12/07/09 10:14 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: TrapperJohn]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Elssa, I continue to be amazed by all your beautiful videos. You could package them all and sell a Christmas music CD/DVD!

frozenicicles, that duet was lovely. Most of the violin I hear these days is from my 10 year old (beginner) son, so you sounded like Joshua Bell to me in comparison! laugh

Frank, what a treat to have you join this thread! I wasn't familiar with that song, but I enjoyed it tremendously, and I actually liked the strings effect. thumb (btw, I have cut the top of my head off on more than one occasion. In fact, just yesterday I threw out a take where the piano playing itself wasn't too bad, but I had adjusted the camera so that the only thing visible on my head--and alas it was quite prominent--was my fat double chin. eek )

#1320190 - 12/07/09 10:17 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: BillM]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Frank, that was great! Fun to see/hear you play. Hey, you could have told us you were wearing a santa hat... who would have known. smile

Frozei- Nice little duet. Short and sweet.

Carl, that was really pretty! Sweet ending.

#1320222 - 12/07/09 10:41 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Frozenicicles]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Frozenicicles/Away in a Manger
Its great that you can pull off your own duet. I agree, it was much too short, I would have loved to have heard more.

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1320241 - 12/07/09 11:03 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Piano World]
Strings & Wood Offline

Frank
Thanks for joining in, I enjoyed your strings version very much, it is a very calming piece. I thought a good performance as well!

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1320282 - 12/07/09 12:00 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Strings & Wood]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Frank - lovely piece. And I just got up (yes, it's 10 AM) and the strings were perfect for calming "just got up jitters." smile

Cathy

#1320295 - 12/07/09 12:19 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: jotur]
Frozenicicles Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Monica, you'll find that all violinists sound better with piano accompaniment. Maybe you can try accompanying your son and hear the difference. thumb

#1320329 - 12/07/09 01:23 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Frozenicicles]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
Frank, a lovely way to start my day! I've never heard this and liked it alot! smile

#1320348 - 12/07/09 01:45 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: CMohr]
Frozenicicles Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Another study break later...
It came upon a midnight clear

#1320544 - 12/07/09 05:42 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: Frozenicicles]
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
Excellent, Frozenicicles! I enjoyed your "duet" very much.

Monica, be glad that your son is taking violin. I had a beginner violin (daughter), and 2 beginner trombones (sons), and believe me, the violin was much easier to take than the trombones. LOL Now my 10 year old granson begged me to give him one of the trombones. He's not taking lessons, and his dad forgot most of what he knew, so he's just blowing into it and trying to learn the positions. Yikes! Well, it's his parents' problem, as I live 2 hours away.

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1320587 - 12/07/09 06:51 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: mom3gram]
salzdt Offline

Loc: Greenport, New York
Frank,
Good to see and hear you. Is youour Yamaha P80 a portable piano? I'mm thinking of getting a digital if we come down to FLorida for a few weeks. If you don't mind,how much is the P80?
Dot

#1320597 - 12/07/09 07:13 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: salzdt]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
Frozen - Wow, another great entry! I'm really enjoying your duets!

#1320625 - 12/07/09 08:12 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: R0B]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: R0B

b528nf7,
Wow! that name is a mouthfull to type! May I call you Bill?

Rob

Yes - please call me Bill. I used my old corporate ID when I signed up here thinking I would probably never post. I should probably change it.

#1320628 - 12/07/09 08:15 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: BillM]
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
smile cool

#1320639 - 12/07/09 08:36 PM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performanc [Re: salzdt]
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (originally N...
Originally Posted By: salzdt
Frank,
Good to see and hear you. Is your Yamaha P80 a portable piano? I'm thinking of getting a digital if we come down to Florida for a few weeks. If you don't mind,how much is the P80?
Dot

Hi Dot,

Yes, it's a portable Digital Piano.

The P-80 is an older model, not sure what they would sell for now. I've been trying to find one for my sister too.
She's on the East side of Florida (Pompano Beach), I'm on the West side (Largo/Tampa/St. Pete area).
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!

#1320810 - 12/08/09 01:13 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: TX-Dennis]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: TX-Dennis
And, Elssa, I do know The Christmas Waltz and I play it. Not as well as you do, though. I want to sing now . . . "It's that time of year when the world falls in love. Every song you hear seems to say Merry Christmas . . . etc."

Thanks, TX-Dennis. smile "...May your New Year dreams come true". http://www.rhapsody.com/the-carpenters

#1320915 - 12/08/09 08:21 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Monica K.]
AlleyKatt Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Happy Holidays! This thread is so WONDERFUL!! I've really enjoyed listening to all the Christmas music posted so far. In fact, I'm finding it hard to get any work done because I have to keep checking back to see what's new! This is my first time doing this but I wanted to get in the spirit and post something too. I just bought the Zoom H2 and with the help of a friend managed to get something recorded and ready to post. It is called "Once in Royal David's City" arranged by Lori Line.

Once in Royal David's City

Have a very happy and blessed holiday season!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Alleycat299

#1320928 - 12/08/09 08:49 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: AlleyKatt]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

AlleyKatt - I have not heard this piece before but have enjoyed listening to it very much. Your piano sounds very rich and full - the quality of the recording is excellent. Thanks for posting this lovely song.

#1320948 - 12/08/09 09:55 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: BillM]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
AlleyKatt: I never looked at his one, but now you've inspired me to learn it! I do love Lorie Line's arrangements, except for the fact that the book is on shiny paper...how annoying.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#1320994 - 12/08/09 11:07 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: AlleyKatt]
Strings & Wood Offline

AlleyKatt
"Once in Royal David's City" This is one I am not familiar with so thanks for the submittal and introduction. I enjoyed listening to you play. I also enjoyed the tone of your piano.

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1320996 - 12/08/09 11:15 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Strings & Wood]
Frozenicicles Offline
1000 Post Club Member

AlleyKat: Good job, especially for your first recording here. I really enjoyed listening to it. I hope you continue to frequent these forums and post your playing often. If you have a video camera, you should also consider making videos with the sound spliced in so we can get the whole experience. smile

#1321001 - 12/08/09 11:23 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: Frozenicicles]
setchman Offline

AlleyKat,

That was very nice. I had not heard that song before. It is great performance and a very good recording, especially if that's your first shot at using the Zoom. You've already set the bar high for yourself.

#1321011 - 12/08/09 11:34 AM Re: Let's hear some Christmas/Holiday music. (ABF performances ) [Re: setchman]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Alleykat - very charming piece, and nicely played. Glad you're here.

Cathy

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
92 registered (Atrys, ASLevelMusicTheory, 36251, Almaviva, 27 invisible), 1131 Guests and 41 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153597 Topics
2251162 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
Today at 01:01 AM
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
Today at 12:04 AM
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
CA glue applications
by accordeur
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission