2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, 10 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Good afternoon,
We just moved back to the USofA. I had been taking lessons and would like to continue, we were about half way through book 2 of Alfred's when I had to stop.
I am 59 years old and had been taking lessons for about 1 1/2 years. I am not very familiar with this area, if there are any teachers out there who might be interested in taking on older student, I would love to hear from you.
Thank-you in advance.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '...holy sh*t ....what a ride!'
George Carlin
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
Suggestions:

Google: put your zip code in after the words "Piano Instruction". If there are piano teachers in your area their names should pop up.

Google: "LearningMusician" or GetLessonsNow" which are music teacher directory services. Teachers have submitted their profiles to these sites. You, the student, simply put your zip code and instrument of preferance into the boxes and teachers within your area up to about 10 - 25 miles away will pop up by zipcode.

This is extremetly helpful to everyone. They you contact by email or phone and begin your quest of interviewing and asking questions and finding a teacher that would meet your needs of interest level and goals.

www.MTNA.org
works too for certificed teachers of music who are members of Music Teachers National Association in your state. They are usually classically oriented and more traditional teachers, but it certainly is a reputable site. Not all teachers affiliated with MTNA are certified, and those names will not be listed here. There are 24,000 members in the US.

Good luck.

Betty Patnude

OP Offline
Dear Betty,

Thank-you so much for the suggestion I will follow your recommendation.

I notice that you are from WA, we are also are from there originally but decided to retire here for the warm weather. As soon as the container with our furniture and the piano arrives we will be on our way.

Thank-you again.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Gregory Pybon

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '...holy sh*t ....what a ride!'
George Carlin
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
Gregory,

Lucky you! Enjoy your coming holidays with warmer weather! About 8 degrees last night, maybe above that in the Puyallup area, but darn cold.

And, good luck with your piano teacher finding!

Betty

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission