2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
champy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I know that there are lots of info on these two model in this forum already. But I have not yet seen the info I am about to address in this forum. So I hope it is ok still to post smile

I have tried PX320 a few weeks ago. I like it very much but I decided to buy PX330 since it is a upgrade version of PX320. However, at the moment I am hesitating. I read a review in youtube and in other website. Most comment on PX330 are very positive. However, there are a few things to concern about this unit.

Here is from what I read. Although PX330 is a upgrade version of PX320, there are also down side as following.

1.The speaker in PX320 is actually better because they separate high frq and mid/low frq, while the one in PX330 has no separation.

2. PX330's body is made of cheap plastic and this might be an issue later on. (I couldn't remember what PX320's body made of)

I would like to buy a DP and use it (for practicing and small gigs) for at least 3 years.
I concern less about the speaker issue. But I do more on the plastic issue.
Although PX330 is better in terms of key action and patches organization (since it has bigger screen), I would want to choose the instrument that is solid enough to last long. Also I am planing to the instrument online and have it shipped to my country. It has to travel a long long way (to Switzerland).

Do you think the plastic issue will be a problem?
Or are there any other model from other brands that is in this price range and can compete with these two?

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Unless you live in China, everyone has to have their keyboards shipped. I don't think Casio changed the kind of plastic used. But you can get a good hint about sturdiness by looking iat the weight in the specs.

You are going to need a hard case, with wheels. The Casio DPs are not sturdy enough to move without a case.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
All of Casio's stage piano's are made of plastic including the PX-320. It seems that Casio has decided that musicians who gig are underserved and have designed their pianos smaller and lighter in weight. This started with the PX 120/320 and has carried over to the PX130/330. I figure Casio is betting this segment of the market will upgrade in 3-5 years so I would say this is the average life span of their product line. If you are going to do gigs get a good hard case.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission