2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Hi guys,

this is my first post over here. I've decided that I really want to play the piano and that a keyboard just doesn't give that ''piano''. My friend has an acoustic one, but that's just completely out of my budget.

So I'm looking for a simple(=don't need special effects or w/e) and cheap digital piano with(I think it's called) weighted keys.

I'm willing to spend +/- 500 euros. Now I know that the Px120/130 is within this range, but too bad it's around 650 over here.[Netherlands]

So far I've found the following ones to be within reach:

Yamaha NP30 ~ 300 euros
Casio CDP100 ~ 400 euros
(Casio Privia PX130 with CS67 and pedalset ~ 630 euros)(or 400 + 250 shipping from ebay...)

I also came across a second handed Roland HP1 in prime state for €450,-, but I couldn't find any (relevant) information on the internet, it does look his part if nothing else.

Basicly, I'm looking for a recommendation, I'm absolutely positive that I'll keep playing for at least five years so I'm not so sure about the 76 keys on the NP30, it is however...Yamaha...

So I'd appreciate any help.=)

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
I keep wanting to suggest that people in Europe take a yearly flight to the US and buy everything they need for the coming year. I'm sure they'd save the price of airfare.

Well, that being not practical I think a beginner with your budget should just get any digital piano that has keys that offer some resistance. But the better term is "inertia". The better keys offer a combination of inertia and static weight, the weight being on the other end of a counter balance from your fingers.

The Roland HP1 looks interesting. It matches my above criteria and I'd bet the built in quality of the mechanical key action beats the CDP100.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/HP-1/

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the quick reply and I'd definately take a flight to the US, because, like, everything is just cheaper there. It's like they forgot there's actually an exchange rate or something.

I came across that same linke, but It seems like a (very) old model. As in 2002 old.

P
P
Off-topic: I agree that Europe is more expensive overall, but I have to say I have been very (pleasantly) surprised at the price differences when it comes to piano's. For most piano's up to the ~€2000 price range that I've checked, the differences weren't that great. For some there was no difference at all. Not sure why that is.

Last edited by Physics; 12/22/09 06:43 PM.
B
B
how much is this HP-1 listing for?

S
OP Offline
S
It's listed at 450 euros.

@Physics: I'm no expert, but the difference in the PX130 is just unreasonable. One can get two of them in the USA for the price of one in Netherlands.[or Europe]

P
P
Well to be fair, I've only checked digital piano's from Yamaha. It might be different for Casio.

M
M
Are you willing to purchase off a US website?

If you are willing to wait for it to arrive, and pay the premium shipping charge, Music123 has an great deal (with coupon code) for a Yamaha P85. (http://www.music123.com/Yamaha-P-85-Contemporary-Digital-Piano-703096-i1386483.Music123) If you add to cart and use the code DEALTAKE or CCABIN you will get 20% off, or $120 off. I actually just bought this today over a PX-130.

According to their site, they ship internationally, and I just now tried adding it to cart and selecting the Netherlands as a shipping destination, and the total came out to be around 617 dollars or 430 Euros. Unfortunately shipping costs alone were about 140 dollars, or 100 euros, but it still lands under your 500 euro total. Though, there are things to worry about such as power conversion along with currency conversion.

Now if you also want a stand and pedals, you might go over your budget. I can do some searching for a place to get the stand for the cheapest, and as for the pedal, if you are a beginner like me, I only bought a separate sustain/damper pedal, the SP32 (with half pedaling support) for $20, instead of the attachment to the stand with the three pedals.

Last edited by mike4192; 12/22/09 08:12 PM.
R
R
Lowest price I found for the PX130 in the Netherlands is €539,-
and for the PX120 €419,-

That's a very nice price for the P-85.
Unfortunately I don't like it to let it ship from the US, such an expensive package frown

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
skip NP30, which has no weighted keys and felt terrible to play. for Yamaha, check out P85 or DGX630 instead.

Casio CDP100 is a really old model, and its replacement CDP200 should be a much better choice.

S
OP Offline
S
Ok, so I'll skip the NP30 and the CDP100 then, but anybody with any experience with the HP1? It's really tempting.

EDIT: Nevermind, HP-1 has been sold. frown

EDIT2:

I'm willing to buy overzeas, but I'm afraid of the extra customs fee:(

A friend of mine, who has a George Steck, keeps on telling me that I really need a acoustic piano for the ''whole feel'' and ''real sound''. So I've also been looking around for a second handed acoustic piano and was shocked that there are many out there within my budget.
BUT, it seems those are very old so I'm still leaning to Dig. Piano's.

Last edited by Sasimikun; 12/23/09 12:08 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,193
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission