2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, 10 invisible), 1,231 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Speaking of holiday piano music, our own Robin Meloy Goldsby (the Piano Girl) is a featured guest on Marion McPartland's Piano Jazz Holiday Special with her original composition "First Snow" ...

Piano Jazz Holiday Special

Piano Jazz regularly features new tunes written for the holiday season, and the tradition continues with Robin Meloy Goldsby's original composition, "First Snow." This tune was inspired by a performance Goldsby gave at a German castle during the first snowfall of the season, and the opening notes instantly paint this magical scene.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Carl Mc
grin

Bet I can make it next year!
Merry Christmas Morodiene!

LOL! Merry Christmas smile Maybe I'll upload some more when I get a chance after Christmas.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Morodiene, that was great playing!! I love the arrangement.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Morodiene - just terrific! smile Is that arrangement from a book or a single sheet?
Always looking for great new arrangements of Christmas carols.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful Christmas music! You were all great! thumb This thread has really made this season more special for me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
M
Originally Posted by CMohr
Morodiene - just terrific! smile Is that arrangement from a book or a single sheet?
Always looking for great new arrangements of Christmas carols.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful Christmas music! You were all great! thumb This thread has really made this season more special for me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!

It's from his Well-Tempered Christmas:
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Well-Tempered-Christmas-Piano-Collection/5452554

I enjoy "I Wonder as I Wander," "Manger Medley," and "Sing We Now of Christmas" arrangements the best in this book.

I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating the greatest miracle the world has ever seen in Jesus' birth: God becoming man to save us all from our sins. smile

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Merry Christmas to all my fellow ABF'ers. I wish wellness for you and your families and may the joy of music reside in your heart!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sorry, this is a bit late, but hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas! grin

That was great, Elssa! I enjoyed it much!!! I liked your mild boggie-woogie flair in the left hand!

You play really well!

Thanks for sharing!!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks, Rick! I couldn't really decide whether to play it in a ballad or boogie-woogie style, so I did both. smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rick & all, just curious, what is your favorite boogie-woogie style/pattern to play? Favorite boogie/blues songs? smile

Hi Elssa,
I love your Boogie-Woogie style and patterns. Your playing is smooth, precise and calculated.

I like any Boogie-Woogie style, but I have become partial to the Jerry Lee Lewis style. I also like the Fats Domino style.

I came across this YT tutorial on left hand boogie styles and I’ve learned from it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_zRmb-0u0&feature=related

I’ve sort of developed my own simple LH boogie style shown in this tutorial. (Disclaimer… this is a pitiful display of an attempt to help out a fellow YT member; plus, my southern drawl is very prominent, and I wish I had done more playing and less talking!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0SyN_2ztk

And, this young fellow is my idol!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKdhbkmRrws

Again, I love any and all “Boogie-Woogie”!

Take care, and Happy New Year!!

Rick

Last edited by Rickster; 12/30/09 11:24 PM.

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
HI Rick,

I came across this YT tutorial on left hand boogie styles and I’ve learned from it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_zRmb-0u0&feature=related

That was really good.. I especially like and also use what he calls the "Basic Shuffle" and the "Bumble Boogie" pattern.. (here's my version of that pattern; I put more of a swing/dotted rhythm into it):

I’ve sort of developed my own simple LH boogie style shown in this tutorial. (Disclaimer… this is a pitiful display of an attempt to help out a fellow YT member; plus, my southern drawl is very prominent, and I wish I had done more playing and less talking!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0SyN_2ztk

That was terrific.. lots of fun! Thanks for posting it! smile

Happy New Year! [Linked Image]

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
For Auld Lang Syne:

http://www.box.net/shared/nhdhitn5p8

It's a year now since I took up guitar, and I like this arrangement very much. I only wish I could play it better!

Hi Elssa,

I loved your "bumble/shuffle/walking boogie style" on Chatanooga Choo-Choo! You've got great control as well as excellent LH/RH coordination!

And Ten-Left-Thumbs, I loved your version of "For Auld Lang Syne"! on the guitar!! The guitar was my very first musical instrument I learned to play many years ago.

I enjoyed the submissions!!

Happy New Year to all my ABF friends!!

Rick

L
L
thanks rickster for posting that. I'm going to get of use out of that... (he's out of tune which makes me feel like I'm out of tune!) but I'm just getting to the point where i'm starting to be able to become independent with both hands and it's really a rush! Spent alot of yesterday working on getting this (both hands)on swannee river boogie as well as trying much the same bass pattern to chattanooga choo choo. Can anyone offer a suggestion for chattanooga choo choo? That is, I'm doing a basic 12 bar blues in C for this with a Bb minor thrown in for part of the turnaround. I know there's probably more to it than this but not being proficient in jazz chords i think I've managed to make this work. Any ideas on embellishing this version I've hacked together in maybe making it better w/ getting too complex in jazz chords. Actually even a suggestion on a decent transcription with the proper chords that i could work on would be cool.

I really like that guy on youtube Tommy Johnson who does a Chattanooga Choo Choo version that's great. Also trying to get a handle of his version of Night Train.

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Thankyou Rickster! Somehow I thought you might play guitar too.

I've been enjoying your tutti frutti tutorial. I love the bit where you blank out and forget what a 'G' is! smile You really do play very well.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission