Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1344160 - 01/08/10 05:49 PM Choosing an online store
champy Offline

I am buying a first DP (casio px330)online and want to have it shipped to my place in Switzerland. It is going to be a long way and I want to make sure that my stuff will arrive in a excellent condition.(I am aware that I have to pay the import tax. But I believe it is still cheaper with the import tax than getting one here because the price high is ridiculously expensive!)

I searched in this forum about which online store to choose from and I saw that you guys might be able to help me choose from my condition. I am choosing between this two site.

1. Music123 - shipping fee around 150$
2. Sweetwater - Shipping fee around 200$

In general what I have found in other posts about this is that Sweetwater is good because they have a very good after-purchased service. However, all I need is that I want to make sure that my item arrive in a perfect condition and if there is anything happened to my DP, I can get my money back. And the process of claiming should not be complicate. Also of course, I want to choose the one with the lowest shipping fee.

So if Sweetwater is better than Music123 just because they can tell you what to do this and that when you have a problem using the instrument, I will then just go for Music123. Do you people have any suggestion?

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
The Right Mic Makes all the Difference. Piano Mics at Sweetwater

Click Here

#1344204 - 01/08/10 07:07 PM Re: Choosing an online store [Re: champy]
daviel Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Waxahachie, Texas
I have bought gear from both and had good results, but I'm not in Switzerland. Sweetwater puts you on a call list so that every 6 mos. or so some sales guy calls to see if you are in the market for any gear. If you need help with it, just ask all the experts on the forum! I'd just go with the cheapest site and make sure the package is insured! good luck, and good call - I lust after a px-330 myself.

David Loving, Waxahachie, Texas

#1344246 - 01/08/10 08:14 PM Re: Choosing an online store [Re: daviel]
MarkL Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago Suburban
I'm a big sweetwater fan. I'd ask them if they do anything extra for overseas shipping, they might offer some shipping option that would increase your chances of a safe delivery without any increase in price.

#1344276 - 01/08/10 08:49 PM Re: Choosing an online store [Re: MarkL]
dannac Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: USA
I've gotten great service from

www.americanmusicalsupply.com

and

www.kraftmusic.com

don't know about shipping to Switz though !

#1344472 - 01/09/10 02:24 AM Re: Choosing an online store [Re: dannac]
signa Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, USA
US domestic shipping usually has no problem with any online dealer. I just got mine shipped to me in good shape. but international shipping might be a different story. you might want to call them to see if they can guarantee the safe shipping to oversea locations.

#1346672 - 01/11/10 12:08 PM Re: Choosing an online store [Re: champy]
ChrisA Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, California
In terms if customer service. Sweetwater is the best in the business. If there are any problems they will help. They also offer there own 2 year warranty in addition to whatever the manufacturer offers. Sweetwater will asing one person to you. So you know who to call for question and problems You will he will send you his personal e-mail and phone number when you place your first order. Then you do your nest orders with the same person.

Music123 on the other hand can be trusted to load boxes onto FedEx or UPS trucks. Don't expect anything more than that from them.

If all goes well the place with the lowest price is what you want. But if something happens, like the box is run over by a track while in transit or is stolen by the shipper or it is just broken then you will have to deal with customer service. But maybe there is only a one in a hundred chance of a problem like that.

Sweetwater has a large physical facility with performance space, recording studios, music lessons an so on. on-line retail is not their only business. Music123 is highly automated with just a few phone operators and a warehouse. There only business is loading boxes onto trucks.

Edited by ChrisA (01/11/10 12:21 PM)

#1346712 - 01/11/10 12:37 PM Re: Choosing an online store [Re: ChrisA]
MoodyBluesKeys Offline

Loc: Trent Woods, NC
Being semi-retired, I don't have a lot of funds to spare. I still buy from Sweetwater if possible. At least, they have been honest with me on items that were ordered which were not in stock.

Music123 had the use of my money for months while waiting for one particular back-ordered item. I did get the money back eventually after requesting it, but that was not super fast.

If I were shipping something overseas, especially considering that either one is going to result in import duties and so forth, I'd want the highest reputation for taking care of any problems.

On one piece of equipment where I had problems, Sweetwater issued a FedEx tag for the heavy keyboard, all I had to do was take it to the FedEx facility 10 miles from my home. That is the only piece that has given any problem, and I have bought a goodly number of items from them.
JBL 10&15 EONG2s, EV SxA100+s QSC K10s, HP & ThinkPad DAWs, eMu 1820M & 1616M.
Epi Les Paul & LP 5str Bass, Trace amp-cabinets.
Formerly in electronic keyboard repair trade - semi-retired

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need Leutke Leipzig info
by Gardenergirl
09/16/14 12:26 AM
Best digital approximation
by TEHunter1
09/15/14 11:49 PM
Wow, check out this baby!
by Paul678
09/15/14 09:31 PM
Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles.
by OscarL
09/15/14 08:30 PM
WEIRDEST passage in Chopin?
by Mark_C
09/15/14 08:16 PM
Who's Online
103 registered (beet31425, ando, 31 invisible), 1106 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76209 Members
42 Forums
157553 Topics
2314178 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission