Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1348747 - 01/13/10 04:32 PM Original Piano new-age meditation pieces
SubtlePianoSound Offline

Loc: UK
Welcome to you all and please let me introduce you to my piano music, which is available to listen to on Chopinforte
The music could very well be described as new-age. It is original piano music that could be used in meditation as well as behind the scenes. My intention is to create a unique composition style of my own and this is possible through the use of improvisation. Hope you can find the time to listen and please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#1351970 - 01/17/10 03:57 PM Re: Original Piano new-age meditation pieces [Re: SubtlePianoSound]
Chris G Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I listened to your music at your web site - I was listening to it while reading my e-mail and found that it had a good "ambient" quality in that it was music that was enjoyable to listen to while doing something else.

What made you choose the name "Chopinforte"? I would think that if your goal is to create a unique composition style you would not want to use someone else's name.

#1353519 - 01/19/10 04:13 PM Re: Original Piano new-age meditation pieces [Re: Chris G]
SubtlePianoSound Offline

Hi Chris

Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you have enjoyed the piano music. It has always been my ambition to create something which can be listened to in the background and I support your own views. As for 'Chopinforte' it is a name which has stuck and I use it across the internet on many different websites in order to remain anonymous. Perhaps I will break that barrier one day and release under my own name, but for now I am happy with the exposure that I get, which could be as a result of the reference to Chopin.

#1353967 - 01/20/10 09:17 AM Re: Original Piano new-age meditation pieces [Re: SubtlePianoSound]
Chris G Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I like piano music as background music and I think it's great that a lot of creativity is happening in creating the kind of music that you can hear on a new age piano Shoutcast station. There has been more than one occasion where I have been in a small store or coffee shop where there was piano music which would fall in the new age genre playing through the speakers and though the music was not something that I recognized it somehow created a very relaxing ambience and in each case the music enhanced the experience of whatever I was doing.

I saw you had some videos on your site where you traveled to different locations. I went to Mexico recently and took a camcorder with the idea of creating a video set to music when I got back but I found that the video was too shaky and using stills taken on my SLR worked better. I created the background music myself playing the different parts including the percussion on a keyboard recording to MIDI and replaying on a Motif and the intention was to create a feel which matched the location. I like using MIDI because you can break down the barriers between composition, improvisation and performance.

Here's the Mexico video.

#1354153 - 01/20/10 02:21 PM Re: Original Piano new-age meditation pieces [Re: Chris G]
SubtlePianoSound Offline

Hi Chris

Your video is great and it is always a good way to view photos. Sometime ago I was approached by somebody in The Netherlands who wanted to pay to use my music in a similar way. Please let me know if there is anyone you know who would like to do the same. Your music creation is good and its amazing what can be achieved with Midi controller and PC. If you would like to purchase your very own copy MP3 of my piano music then please click Amazon MP3

Cheers Chopinforte.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
159 registered (AndreiN, A Guy, Almaviva, 45 invisible), 1684 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74213 Members
42 Forums
153523 Topics
2249783 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A good introduction to history of French classical music?
by BWV 846
04/17/14 10:50 AM
Piano Composition + a Drawing
by leandrobrunapiano
04/17/14 10:50 AM
Casio AP range advice please
by thamajor7
04/17/14 09:37 AM
Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money?
by talfi composer
04/17/14 09:10 AM
Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money?
by talfi composer
04/17/14 09:07 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission