2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 50 of 56 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 55 56
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Nice new pictures.

Happy birthday gt7891a.

For a while there I thought I had somehow killed the thread. wink

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Awww.
Cute dog pictures.
I miss having a pet frown

“The doubters said, "Man cannot fly," The doers said, "Maybe, but we'll try,"
And finally soared in the morning glow while non-believers watched from below.”
― Bruce Lee
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
gt7891a and TTig,
Great to see you and your families. Piano players are a great looking bunch!

(Kayla,
I pm'ed you about how to reduce the size of your picture.)

[Linked Image]
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
Dear 40 Year Old Me,

Nice photos of your family! Great kids! I like their "van" names very clever.

Is that a birthday cake for today?

If so, happiest of happiest!

Glad the thread is back!

Betty

Thanks to everybody for the comments regarding our mug shots. And yes, I just turned 40 on Thursday. I think it's supposed to be a big deal, but I felt just like I did on Wednesday. smile

Monica

Yes Evan's a terror. And a politician/schmoozer. Although he's older now, the boy can still work a room full of adults and get whatever he wants. Also, my userId on PW is the original userId I was assigned at Georgia Tech when I enrolled as a freshman back in 1992 -- hence, the 'gt'.

Betty

Congrats on being the <em>first</em> ever to recognize that pattern in our boys names. It really was inadvertent on our part, but when my wife and I realized what we'd done, we thought it was funny. When we explain it to our friends, they just stare at us. I don't think they get it.

-David-

T
T
It's about time I joined into the longest thread ever too I suppose. Here's a couple of pics of mine.

The first is with one of my favourite Pianists of all time, Vladimir Ashkenazy. I've been inspired by him since I was about 15 years old when I first heard his records (yep that's right, back in the good old days of vinyl) of the Beethoven Piano Sonatas. Back then I never dreamt that I'd actually get to meet and work with him.
[Linked Image]

The second pic is my piano which I've had for about 20 years at my parents place but couldn't fit into my home until I moved last month.
[Linked Image]

"Persevere,
do not only practice your art,
but endeavor also to fathom it's inner meaning;
it deserves this effort."

Ludwig van Beethoven 1770-1827

Piano: Yamaha U3E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
(Forgive me while I revive an old thread)

So I've been occasionally popping in and out of this forum for nearly 4 years now, and I've never posted any pictures, but I just stumbled upon this thread while glancing over the "Important Topics on the ABF" sticky again. Here goes nothing...

Here's me, taken about a month ago:
[Linked Image]

Here's my dog, also taken about a month ago:
[Linked Image]

Here's my old broken down piano, taken a few days ago:
[Linked Image]
As much as I disliked this piano, I wasn't the one to break the keys. My little cousin and some of my sister's friends were over when I was not at home one day and I guess they decided it'd be a good idea to goof off on it, they broke a handful of important keys, at which point I figured "whatever, it's a cheap piece of junk anyways" and let them keep playing with it whenever they wanted, the result of which can clearly be seen by the many missing keys. I have no idea how they managed to do this, short of literally hammering their fists on them (I wasn't ever around when they broke them so never saw how they did it), but I'd been plunking down on those keys for a couple of years (pretty hard sometimes) and never caused any damage. It's been missing keys now for about a year or so. Personally I've never broken a single key on any piano.

Here's my new piano, also taken a few days ago:
[Linked Image]
You can be sure that no kids will be playing on this one, this is for me and me alone! I'll not stand for any more broken instruments. shocked

I also realize that it's best not to have it over a vent but my room is completely crowded with stuff and I have nowhere else to put it (in my room I have 2 pianos, a full-size bed, a TV, an Xbox, a shelf full of DVDs, my desktop PC, and a dresser. It was pure luck that I was able to squeeze all of this into one small room). The vent is closed though and not much gets out of it but I still plan on putting a square of carpet or something over it to completely block it off sometime.

So there you have it! I guess one of the reasons I stopped showing up and didn't participate in more recitals is because my old piano is junk and I didn't enjoy playing it, and I especially didn't enjoy making everyone suffer through hearing it. The new one sounds fantastic though, and as soon as my audio cables come in the mail (to plug directly into the line-in port on my computer) I can start recording again and you can count on me for future recitals. smile

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I was thinking about this thread just the other day. Thanks for updating it. I bet you'll love that new piano -

Hm. Some of us have, maybe, aged since this thread was started :\

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Can't believe that nobody posted any pictures for a whole year - good work renewing the thread, Schmoe. The new piano looks great, hope to see you in some future recitals with it smile

This was taken in 2008, I forced encouraged my friends to get a picture outside the Bosendorfer shop in Munich, Germany. Me with sunglasses on, next to friends who don't have the piano-addiction and would rather not be wasting valuable beer time on photos!

[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AnotherSchmoe

Here's my dog, also taken about a month ago:
[Linked Image]

I can't tell because of the flash on the eyes, but is that a White Shepherd also? Certainly looks like one thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TTigg

I can't tell because of the flash on the eyes, but is that a White Shepherd also? Certainly looks like one thumb
- SC

We're not entirely sure what she is, we found her at a Petco store as a puppy about 6-7 years ago, the people running the dog adoptions that day said she'd been found wandering the streets of the city all alone out there (I live in a small town out in the country now, about 3 hours away from where we adopted her) so they took her in and brought her there and that's how we found her. We went in for a Guinea Pig but came out with only a dog, hehe, I'm glad for it though.

We think she's some kind of Great Pyrenees / Shepherd mix, though I'm not sure what kind of Shepherd. She has double dew-claws on both of her back paws though and we think that's from the Pyrenees. She's the sweetest dog we've ever had though, not once in her entire life has she ever growled or shown teeth to anyone, animal or human, with one exception (my grandmother's little dog, which we were babysitting, which kept biting at her face until finally after a couple of days of putting up with it she growled). Your dogs are beautiful by the way!

Here's a couple more pics since we're on the subject.

About a year ago:
[Linked Image]

Same day:
[Linked Image]

Lol, here she is kissing my sister, also the same day:
[Linked Image]

And here she is shortly after we adopted her, probably sometime in 2003:
[Linked Image]

Same day:
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Gorgeous! thanks for sharing the additional pics. I'm not sure either (tail is for sure throwing me off) but the nose/face & build is 100% Shepherd, no doubt about that thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks! Nice Seinfeld quote in the signature by the way. smile

I got the DVDs for Christmas and have been watching them like crazy, just finished Season 5 the other day.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Euan!

I used to live in Scotland for a few years, in Glasgow and Aberdeen

Currently learning composition:

Some of my compositions

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
AnotherSchmoe, I cannot believe that you were playing piano for so long on that worthless pile of junk well-worn and well-loved spinet. eek I can readily imagine your delight at playing your beautiful new piano!

btw, I don't think the vent is as big an issue with digitals; unless your heat is really unregulated and it's blasting hot enough to damage the electronics, you should be fine.

Euan, great pic of you and the piano store, though I find it hard to believe that the best piano they could find to display in their window was a white upright!?!?

just wanted to bring this to the light of day.

OT - I don't know if you'll see this.. I didn't know you had a bird!

Originally Posted by OperaTenor
More pics of the clan at the OT household:

My feathered companion of almost 20 years:
[Linked Image]

He's a "harlequin" macaw I got when he was 8 months old. He thinks I'm his daddy.

My motorcycle:
[Linked Image]

My lovely wife and daughter(that's not the best photo of my wife - she's gorgeous!):
[Linked Image]

Another photo of our daughter:
[Linked Image]

Here's me with some of the guys from Lohengrin for real:
[Linked Image]

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Well, I have one all-important question before I hop into that pool, swimming suit or not: Where are the llamas and is there any llama poop in the water? eek

that's another to revisit

Monica, you're so funny

Last edited by apple*; 01/23/10 12:28 AM.

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
AnotherSchmoe, I cannot believe that you were playing piano for so long on that worthless pile of junk well-worn and well-loved spinet. eek I can readily imagine your delight at playing your beautiful new piano!

btw, I don't think the vent is as big an issue with digitals; unless your heat is really unregulated and it's blasting hot enough to damage the electronics, you should be fine.

Hehe, yeah I can hardly believe it myself! I guess I'm just a bit of a miser, I cringe at making large purchases even when I can readily afford them if I already have something that will (in my twisted mind) do the job, even if it is of profoundly lesser quality, and I have a tendency to not replace things until they are literally crumbling to dust! LOL, terrible I know.

I'm ecstatic about the new piano though, aside from Raindrop Prelude (the only piece that I knew which I still almost had enough keys to properly play) I haven't been playing at all for the last 5-6 months, I don't know why I didn't just buy a replacement sooner, just procrastinating I guess. Then last week it suddenly hit me to just go ahead and DO IT, bite the bullet and order, and I'm very glad that I did. I was starting to forget just how much fun playing piano (and this forum) can be. Thankfully it's all coming back to me rather quickly, and Raindrop Prelude kept my fingers nimble enough during my hiatus to keep me from falling completely out of the game. In tune or out of tune, on grand or on spinet, you can always count on Chopin!

I love the sound of the new piano and I'm very anxious to start recording, but I've got to wait on my audio cables to come in the mail (ordered some from Amazon, thanks to Mahlzeit for the digital recording tutorial). As soon as they get here I'll start recording, this way I can plug the piano directly into the line-in port on my PC and get good stereo sound quality out of it. I'm sure it will sound a lot better than if I had just kept recording with my camera's microphone. The only thing about the DP that I'm not crazy about are the built-in speakers, they're not very powerful and it sounds kind of muffled coming out of it, so I just wear headphones most of the time (sounds great in those).

Thanks for keeping my seat warm! I'm happy to be involved once again. smile

P.S.
The vent doesn't get very warm at all, and with it closed you can barely feel the air seeping out. Thanks for the tip though, I didn't think it'd be as much of an issue as it would be with an acoustic but I wasn't sure. Oh, and the picture isn't entirely up to date, I also ordered a Yamaha FC3 pedal (the one seen in the picture is an FC4), and it came in the day after I took that photo. The FC4 is fine but the FC3 feels sturdier and I have to push on it a little more to get it down all the way, it feels more like a grand piano pedal, plus it has half-pedal capability. So despite the numbering, the FC3 is the superior pedal. So I've got the FC4 hooked up in the auxiliary pedal port and I'll be using it as a soft pedal for those uncommon occasions in which it is called for (like during the Raindrop Prelude, interestingly enough!)

Congrats on your new piano, Schmoe! You really did need it! Monica...too funny!

And Schmoe, your puppy is adorable. I bet she is so sweet! I love dogs. My piano tuner raises German Shepherds. He has some beautiful dogs. I love the white ones the best. And Great Pyrenees are such good dogs. Whatever she is; she is perfect.

here is the link to his site
www.rosehallkennel.com

And here is my stupid picture!
[Linked Image]

“Some people stay far away from the door if there’s a chance of it opening up. They hear a voice in the hall outside and hope that it just passes by.” Billy Joel

1970 Baldwin Hamilton
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Euan, great pic of you and the piano store, though I find it hard to believe that the best piano they could find to display in their window was a white upright!?!?

I actually have a larger version of the photo, so I googled the street name... and the first hit was another post on PW!

Originally Posted by mjs
Dealerships in Munich:

Klavier Hirsch at Sendlinger Tor (actually on Lindwurmstr.) -- Bösendorfer, Blüthner, Schimmel, Kawai (incl. Shigeru Kawai)

So that was back in 2007, when mjs was embarking on a piano purchase in Munchen.

I never went into the store, so I just assumed it was pure Bosendorfer. But yes, they could have done better than a white upright in the window smile

Page 50 of 56 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 55 56

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission