Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#1528581 - 10/05/10 11:18 AM Re: The "Official" Top of Line Digital Piano Playoff Thread [Re: theJourney]
mucci Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Munich, Germany
Originally Posted By: theJourney
Still have that aggressive, pro-Kawai chip on your shoulder, eh?

That's what I expected... I just state openly what I noticed.

Speaking of subject matter, have you tried TADutchman's promising sounding virtual piano settings or are you still using pianoteq layers to get the sound you are looking for out of your new CA63?

Yes, I tested some of the early settings. I finde them quite promising and nice sounding, although not exactly what I was looking for. I love long decay notes, and rich and very realistic resonance effects. TADutchmans settings can't deliver this, e.g. the decay length cannot be changed. Roland SN in some respect goes into the right direction (decay length...), but it's not my taste of piano sound I'm afraid. Maybe I'm too picky here. Still Pianoteq Play and CA63 Concert Grand (over time I made some adjustments) is the perfect companion in "supernatural" piano sound. I now have a dedicated very lightweight and small black Netbook installed behind the shelf (in hibernate mode), cables are connected from behind the piano (very unobstructive). Whenever I like to enjoy my PianoteqKawai (c) sound I just turn the Netbook on. Add this to the (nota bene: in my personal opinion!) superior wooden keyboard action (compared to any other brand I tested in the local store except for N2/N3 of course) it's just perfect!

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#1528612 - 10/05/10 12:09 PM Re: The "Official" Top of Line Digital Piano Playoff Thread [Re: theJourney]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
Interesting. What processor and OS does your netbook have and what are your boot times?

Edited by theJourney (10/05/10 12:10 PM)

#1528614 - 10/05/10 12:12 PM Re: The "Official" Top of Line Digital Piano Playoff Thread [Re: mucci]
TADutchman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: mucci
Yes, I tested some of the early settings.

I know you have invested even earlier in Pianoteq software and a netbook also because, quite understandably, you didn't directly recognize the potential of the dual voice mode, but before I'm even willing to discuss an excitement feature like adjustable decay length as a feature request for a future firmware upgrade again (v1.08 perhaps?), which no console DP currently has afaik:

You are hereby personally invited to start testing some of the more recent dual voice settings with improved timbre and resonances, and supply us with some constructive feedback at the custom settings thread: e.g. the Shigeru Kawai, the Fazioli, the Bösendorfer and the Steinway in their most recent versions. cool

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post1528451

Edited by TADutchman (10/06/10 05:38 AM)
Edit Reason: link added

#1528683 - 10/05/10 02:05 PM Re: The "Official" Top of Line Digital Piano Playoff Thread [Re: theJourney]
mucci Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Interesting. What processor and OS does your netbook have and what are your boot times?

ASUS Eee PC 1005HA
Atom 1.6 Ghz
2GB RAM
160GB Harddrive

I'm using the internal soundcard (with ASIO4all), its of really good quality. I tried my Edirol UA4FX with a custom ASIO driver, a decent USB soundcard, which didn't improve the quality (in contrary, it introduced some occasional crackles due to CPU overusage), so I decided to keep using the internal soundcard.

All in all I paid less than 200 Euro for the Netbook incl. Windows 7, 99 Euro for Pianoteq Play, that's about 300 Euro for a significant sound improvement! Besides that, I can use the Netbook for living room internet browsing or take it with me on my travels, so it's a bargain.

My Pianoteq performance settings:
22khz internal processing (44khz output sample rate)
48 voices polyphony

Boot time (from hibernate status) is less than 10 seconds.

I never have any dropouts or polyphony shortages. The CPU usage is even with lots of damper down playing up to only 50-60%.

#1528689 - 10/05/10 02:09 PM Re: The "Official" Top of Line Digital Piano Playoff Thread [Re: TADutchman]
mucci Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: TADutchman

You are hereby personally invited to start testing some of the more recent dual voice settings with improved timbre and resonances, and supply us with some constructive feedback at the custom settings thread: e.g. the Shigeru Kawai, the Fazioli, the Bösendorfer and the Steinway in their most recent versions. cool

Hey TADutchman, thanks for the personal invitation! grin I think I can't decline such a kind invitation...

I'll test drive the newer settings and let you know my findings!
It may take some time though... so long!

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Forster vs August Forster
by eazydyonizy
Today at 03:43 AM
Grigory Sokolov releases album
by wimpiano
Today at 03:11 AM
Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos
by brahms
Today at 02:54 AM
Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms.
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 02:13 AM
Pianos of Downton Abbey
by Almaviva
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Who's Online
61 registered (angga888, Al LaPorte, AZNpiano, AliAlkhiro, arX, 13 invisible), 1069 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76620 Members
42 Forums
158436 Topics
2326681 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission