2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (brdwyguy, Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Dalem01, danno858, 11 invisible), 1,894 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I'm so glad you guys got to meat Ulrich! What a great addition to any party. Were you all treated with wild bore hunting stories? (he's quite the sportsman you know).

Glad you all had fun, wish I could've been there (especially knowing now that Ulrich was there).

hope to have some pictures soon!

PS: Yes, Ulrich runs the C. Sauter Pianofortefabrik in Spaichingen DE. Still very involved in design, and day to day production of his instruments. Plus he's just a super cool guy! smile

KlavierBauer

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ulrich is indeed a first class individual. I spoke with him briefly at the party. He is a very down to earth person. He also, as was mentioned, played some for us.

I saw him again at NAMM today and spoke with him. He thanked me for the party. When I thanked him for coming, since he spends all his working hours around pianos, he made the point of saying how great it is to see people gathering to enjoy music such as we did. It is a positive thing for the industry and he very much enjoys seeing it and the chance to experience it with others. He is a great guy.

I also got to see and play some great pianos today. Acoustic music is not dead! Long live acoustic music! smile

There are few joys in life greater than the absence of pain.
F
F
Thank you JohnC for a wonderful party and for the Beethoven, Bach , and the Beatles. Briguy65 was right in saying your piano really sings. I have never heard a Steinway sound as well as yours did.

With the exception of my 4yo daughter and Penny's 4yo daughter, I would have to agree: Cutest couple award goes to Rick and Joy.

The food was yummy. Sorry Steve Cohen; I don't think there are any leftovers to send you. And Steve Miller, you must send me your wife's salad recipe.

I was really looking forward to meeting Norbert. Just when everyone was beginning to think that he wouldn't be attending, he arrives with Ulrich in tow. What timing he has! The housebound was QUITE impressed with Ulrich. Not because he runs Sauter, but because he knows Scorpian of rock band fame. :p

The highlight for me was the "duel" between the German (Norbert) playing American music, and the American (Niles) playing German music.

I am in awe of the talent our little group posses. Everytime I hear Kenny play, I understand why he studies with his teacher. The Lurker doesn't even own a "real" piano, but the music that he pumped out was amazing. And then there's Little Miller...what can I say about Kim, other than SHE is the one I am really envious of.

It was a great party and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Shoe!

F.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
A wonderful evening! Thanks John, for hosting it and for allowing us to play your most excellent piano. I hope the neighbors didn't complain - you get a LOT of sound out of your Steinway B and we had the door open part of the time.

Penny's son Jonathan gets my award for "most improved". That boy has a bit of the showman in him, and is to be encouraged at every opportunity. Her husband Mynor has been working hard as well, and he sounded terrific.

Kenny's friends are always fun to be around, and Lynne's art lessons were a real hit. Kim came home with lots of new art project ideas - as if she needed any more.

The food was marvelous as always, and I got to try all sorts of things I have never had before. The baby brocolli (with the vaguely off-color name that I don't remember) was delicious and I probably should not have eaten it all. Apologies to those who did not get any. wink

Really good to meet folks I had not met before - Briguy, Rick Clark, Lurker John, Ulrich Sauter and of course, our Forum's own Norbert Marten. Norbert is indeed the King of Boogie Woogie and all of the nice things everyone says about him are true.

The best part for me is that Kim came home so enthused about piano that she has decided to resume lessons. Not so much classical this time -she wants boogie and blues!

So - when is the next one?

Defender of the Landfill Piano
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Oh, man, you guys (and gals) that sounds great! These piano parties rock.

JohnC, so glad it was a success. Congratulations! So you had the door open?! You all should be over here... it's a bit on the cool side if you get my drift.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

When should we have it? I left your house after the penultimate party wanting to have a party, but my husband thought that was weird (he didn't go to that one). Now he can't wait! I was thinking March or April. Maybe we can get Lyn (ChemicalGal) or Matt G. or Jim (Palindrome) back to join us??? What are your schedules, guys (gals)?

penny

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Penny:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
[b]
When should we have it? I left your house after the penultimate party wanting to have a party, but my husband thought that was weird (he didn't go to that one). Now he can't wait! I was thinking March or April. Maybe we can get Lyn (ChemicalGal) or Matt G. or Jim (Palindrome) back to join us??? What are your schedules, guys (gals)?

penny[/b]
Well, therein lies the rub for me. Sure, my work brings me out that way once or twice a year, and I know that I will definitely be out there this year, but the when part is always a bit up in the air until about two weeks beforehand. So, unfortunately, I am not in control of my schedule. mad

As much as would love to attend a party at Penny's, trying to work around my schedule might make things a little too last-minute for most people. Of course, I will let everyone know when I'll be out, but don't make any special concessions on my behalf!

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Clemens
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Penny:
Well, let's see. EB2003 will take place in San Diego from April 11 - 15th, 2003. Was planning to spend a few days before the conference at home, haven't decided how many days before the conference I'll be though. As the time gets closer (and experimental data gets collected and analyzed) I'll let you know for sure when I'll be at home.

Failing that, I always go home in December anyway.

So those of you in NC and surrounding (e.g. VA, TN, GA, SC) states, how about a little Piano Party in these neck of the woods? smile

Lyn F.

Regards,
Lyn F.
J
J
I'm temporarily "unlurking" here to thank our very gracious host and the charming and talented persons in attendance Saturday night.

It was wonderful to connect names to the faces!

As I come closer to my piano purchase -- Estonia 6'3" grand (Norbert talked me into it!) or Kawai RX-5 -- Ill actually have something of value to add to the forum, and will unlurk again to keep you all posted. But first I have to move out of this wretched apartment.

John C: Maybe I'm unclear on the concept, but was it your bicycle frame that was made out of wood, and your Steinway cabinet made out of carbon fiber? wink

Best regards.

J
Joy Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
It was fun meeting and talking piano with you, John. Boy can you play!

Ah, you have a nice adventure ahead of you. You'll have the awe of checking out acoustic pianos wherever you go. And just think, there could be a Piano Party no matter where you go -- as long as you keep checking on activities via this Forum!

All best,
Joy

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
John,

It was great that you could come. You play wonderfully! You really must get yourself a nice acoustic piano. smile

John C: Maybe I'm unclear on the concept, but was it your bicycle frame that was made out of wood, and your Steinway cabinet made out of carbon fiber?
Yeah, I'm always getting them mixed up myself. wink One's named Smoke, and the other is named Pearl. cool

J
J
Thank you both very much. And needless to say, my future grand piano purchase will provide the necessary excuse (as if an excuse is needed) for a Piano Forum party!

Cheers,

John

B
B
JohnC:
Thanks for being a wonderful host last Saturday. I had a great time, and it was both neat meeting so many new people and also meeting people that I knew only by their posts. I LOVED the sound of your piano. It's powerful, musical, and just loves to be played hard. It's the first time I've played on a B before, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Let me just say that the quality of the party is directly proportional to the quality of those attending and making it so.

We have a great group of people out here. You made the party what it was. Thank you all for attending. smile cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission