2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
It has taken me more than ten years to perfect this style of piano music and it creates a great ambience, should you be computing or reading, it is perfect to have on in the background. Just visit www.subtlepianosound.co.uk to have a listen, whilst your busy doing something else. Please let me know your thoughts.

Welcome to you all and I am glad to be able to share with you my own very original piano music, which I believe could be described as 'New Age Improvisation'.
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
You noodle nicely with an occasional "interesting" harmonic turn. The "benefit" aspect is an interesting bit of marketing. Do you have anything constructive to contribute here or were you just spamming us?

Steve Chandler
composer/amateur pianist

stevechandler-music.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/pantonality
http://www.youtube.com/pantonality
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Agree with Steve, it sounds mostly like "noodling" around with some progressions with little in the way of melodic interest. Maybe that's what you were going for, and it serves well as background music. Me, I don't quite go for background new-age stuff, I prefer something that challenges me and requires more active listening, so sorry to say, this won't benefit me all that much.

Personal opinion here, but I think noodling around like this and trying to pass it off as a "benefit", as well as advertising it as new, original, "21st Century" music is a bit of a marketing ploy. This is nothing we haven't heard already from many other new age musicians. That said, if background ambiance music is your goal, then you have some good stuff. I would just be careful not to oversell it as something that it's not.

What you are is an accident of birth. What I am, I am through my own efforts. There have been a thousand princes and there will be a thousand more. There is one Beethoven.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I thought the harmonic twists were a bit more interesting than a lot of new age mood music you find these days.

I didn't like the sound, though. Obviously electronic and either poorly sampled or poorly executed. (Odd dynamic accents and changes of color.)

I'd far prefer an acoustic recording or better MIDI editing to get rid of the odd dynamic problems.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
S
OP Offline
S
[font:Times New Roman][/font]Hi Steve, thanks for the feedback and it is not my intention to spam you all. To the contrary I would rather just give you all the chance to hear something different. With your's and other's views, I can realise exactly where I am supposed to be. Thank you once again for listening.

Welcome to you all and I am glad to be able to share with you my own very original piano music, which I believe could be described as 'New Age Improvisation'.
S
OP Offline
S
[font:Times New Roman][/font]Thanks 8ude, really appreciate the feedback and I am glad that you have taken the time to listen. Now I am convinced that my music is best described as ambient and I will avoid oversell in the future. Thank you.

S
OP Offline
S
[font:Times New Roman][/font]Hi Kreisler, thank you for listening and I appreciate your honesty, which I know is ideal as it gives me a realistic viewpoint of my style of music and yes the production values could be improved greatly; however I do not invest any money into this side of music at the moment. Thank you.

Originally Posted by SubtlePianoSound
It has taken me more than ten years to perfect this style of piano music and it creates a great ambience, Please let me know your thoughts.

Honestly, I cannot believe you spent 10yrs in this style of music. You got to be kiddin' me. Dont get me wrong its nice ok. but like others have said, its nothing new here man.

S
OP Offline
S
[font:Times New Roman][/font]
Hi Diane, really appreciate your feedback and I know that perhaps the style of music is nothing new, however I think that it does have an originality. My ambition is really just to enjoy writing, improvising and recording. No, I will not give up my normal day job and it is great to be able to pursue my hobby whilst sharing with others this nice piano music.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission