2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, Calavera, 10 invisible), 1,197 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1372843 02/13/10 06:51 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Hi All,

Here is new Valentines Day song I wrote that I want to share with you all!

I hope you enjoy it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40-XOGJI0lY

Happy Valentines Day (Tomorrow grin)!!

Rick

Last edited by Rickster; 02/13/10 07:58 PM.

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Hello, Rickster,

Valentines Day is actually tomorrow. XD

But thank you for sharing! I can't sing and play at the same time.

OP Offline
Thanks Avant! I meant to say Happy Valentines Day "Tomorrow"! grin

Take care,

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
OP Offline
Life is full of regrets, is it not?

I regret posting this message here in this forum and I want to apologize to every member here for doing so. I won’t post any more of my music videos here on the piano forum, ever. There are apparently some very vindictive members here and this can be a cold, cruel place.

And, this message is for whom I suspect is a member here that wanted to get me good. Well, you got me. Congratulations!

Hi, federicompou,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my YT music video. It is apparent that you recently joined YouTube as a member, as of today, as a matter of fact, and apparently did so specifically to insult and harass me for some reason. That is within your right to do so, I suppose. And, yes, you meant to be cruel. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I have a feeling I know who you are, but it really doesn’t matter at this point. You are entitled to your opinion. I suspect that you are a member of the Piano World forums and you don’t like me for some reason. That is your right too.

I honestly thought the song was quite good, and, though not professional, still pleasant to listen to, with a good Valentine’s Day message.

I learned a long time ago that you can’t please all the people all the time, and this is one of those times, I guess. I appreciate constructive criticism, but your comments were more of an insult than a real, legitimate constructive criticism. Had it been a legitimate criticism, you would have given me positive feedback with which to make improvements in my playing and composing instead of saying that the best part of the video was when I exited the piano… touché! You got me with that one.

Best regards and Happy Valentines Day!

Rick

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rickster, that is a beautiful song that you wrote! You are blessed to have such love in your life! Thank you for sharing it, it is very hopeful and affirming.
Best wishes to you and yours for a Happy Valentine's Day!
I wish I could write songs. You have a gift many don't have.

Don't let rude critical people get you down. They will not have the love and joy you have so long as they continue on such a negative path.

C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
Rick, I thought your video was nice. It's painful to read the nasty comment exchange.

You know, it just takes one person with a computer and an internet connection. Don't let it get you down.

Semi-pro pianist
Tuesdays 5-8 at Vince's West Sacramento, California
OP Offline
Thanks a lot, guest1013 and Charles.

I guess I need to be more thick skinned and not wear my feelings on my shoulders. I do, however, have good intuition and gut instincts. The person who posted such a scathing comment about my music video joined YouTube today. I posted my video here yesterday. I feel in my gut that this is someone on this forum whom I have rubbed the wrong way for some reason. They saw an opportunity to get back at me anonymously and they did so, with a smile on their face, I would imagine.

Whoever they are, they are 64 years old and live in the US. That is all the info I can find on them. I have my suspicions who they are. In fact, I kind of recognize the writing style.

I would rather they tell me what I did or said to offend them, so we can go from there.

I usually post my music videos on the Adult Beginners Forum, where I usually get good reviews, and constructive criticism that is helpful, instead of scathing insults. I made an error in judgment by posting the video here. I won’t make that mistake again.

You guys are right… I need to let it be like water off a ducks back.

Thanks again for your encouragement!

Happy Valentines Day!

Rickster

Last edited by Rickster; 02/14/10 08:49 PM.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

Rick,

Remember this always:

A person who criticizes another’s artistic endeavour is incapable of creating art themselves.

OP Offline
Thanks, Dan!

I know I shouldn’t let this bother me so bad, but it does for some reason. I guess that was this persons intentions. I sensed malice in their comments rather than constructive criticism.

I like your saying, by the way!

Take care!

Rick

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Rick,
That's another nice song. I'm glad your wife liked it. Have you noticed that many of the comments on youtube (not just the one you mentioned) are mean spirited and just downright nasty and/or profane? I guess that is the price you pay for putting your work out there for the whole world to see. Ignore them and they will eventually slither away like the snakes they are.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

Don't let a comment like that to discourage you, Rickster.

I think it's wonderful that you post your playing often in this forum. smile I personally know it is quite hard and takes time to make recordings.

T
T
TX-Dennis,
Very well put!

Rick,i enjoy your videos and your personality. I find you very genuine and kind hearted,which these days is a breath of fresh air! Just keep on keeping on. Jealousy is like cancer,left untreated it can spread and eventually kill it's victim.In other words,this person has some serious issues and unless they get a check up from the neck up,eventually they become very unhappy and their soul dies. Many people live their lives unhappy and are very jealous of those of us who have found true happiness. Just wish them love and peace and soon your anger will go away and it will annoy the heck out of them!LOL It's just like the saying," Kill um with kindness."

I am reminded of the song from La Cage Aux Folles. " I am what i am,i don't want praise,i don't want pity. I bang my own drum,SOME THINK IT'S NOISE,I THINK IT'S PRETTY. IT'S MY SONG AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE STYLE I BRING IT'S MY SONG,SO AT LEAST RESPECT MY RIGHT TO SING IT. Your life is a sham till you can shout out loud I AM WHAT I AM."

Cheer up Rick and don't let anyone rain on your parade! I learned this a long time ago when people would call me vile names because of my sexuality.Now it (as you would say) rolls like water off a duck's back. I am what i am!

Carry on my friend!

Last edited by Terry5758; 02/14/10 10:18 PM.
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
Terry

Pet Bubba for me!

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
You do know that you can delete any comment you want right?

T
T
I will Furtwangler

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
How romantic, Rick. You are very sweet and your Valentine very lucky!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
OP Offline
Thanks for all the supportive comments!

I do feel better about the situation. However, I still think the person who made the comment, which I have now removed, thanks to eweiss’s suggestion, is a member of this forum who wanted to take a jab at me for some reason.

Here is what they said:

“The composer's opinion is that this a wonderful song. Not to be cruel, but the playing is wobbly and meanders away from what I suppose could be called a melody. The singing is woeful rather than soulful. The recorded sound is horrible. One assumes the composer wishes to be seen more than heard. The best part of the video is the composer's hasty exit from the bench. Good move in this case!”

Here was my response:

“Thank you for taking the time to comment on my song. It is apparent that you recently joined YouTube, today, as a matter of fact, and apparently did so specifically to insult and harass me for some reason. And, yes, you meant to be cruel. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I have a feeling I know who you are, but it really doesn’t matter at this point. You are entitled to your opinion. I honestly thought the song was quite good.
Rick”

Like I said, I think I know who this person is, but it really doesn’t matter now.

Take care,

Rick

I'm glad you posted it! I enjoyed it. Who is the yellow-belly, hateful, self-loathing coward that posted that ugly comment? I pity you.

“Some people stay far away from the door if there’s a chance of it opening up. They hear a voice in the hall outside and hope that it just passes by.” Billy Joel

1970 Baldwin Hamilton
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Rick, boy am I pissed off! I'm so sorry you had to endure this crap. I listen to a lot of postings in these forums, and i think yours are among the best. It's not just your playing and singing, but the kind of person you are, which clearly comes through in the videos. You're obviously a kind,talented, romantic, wise and sensitve guy and you add a lot to this community. You have been a real and meaningful encouragement to many of us.

Please don't let this one miscreant discourage you. If you quit posting songs, you're just empowering people like him. I don't know him, but I'm guessing he doesn't have much talent himself, and can only feel important and empowered by trying to hurt you.

I'm not some mamby pamby nicey-nice person who thinks we should only say postive things. There is a time for calling a spade a spade, and bring negative criticism. But it should be specific and brought in the context of the big picture. In your case, the big picture is that your music,lyrics and singing are good. It's authentic, and it's from the heart. There is never any good reason for a critic to get personal and cruel.

Rise above this, my friend. Write a song about it. Cruel people are parasitic. They feed on the pain of those they hurt. Rise above it and you will cut off their lifeline. Don't supply any more life-blood to this miserable tumor of a human being.

If I don't post a new song within 10 days, I will drive to Georgia and personally smack you upside the head!

Good, I feel better now.

1995 Baldwin L grand
2001 Baldwin Hamilton upright
Yamaha S90 synthesizer
www.larrylarsonpiano.com
YouTubeChannel www.youtube.com/LarryLarsonPiano
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Larry Larson
Write a song about it.

That is a great idea. thumb

Dan

Dan and Laura Larson
Fazioli and Ibach grands
Larson Piano Studio
http://www.stoneformsart.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission