2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (AndyOnThePiano2, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, 11 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Diablo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Can anybody recommend the easier sonatas D. Scarlatti wrote?. I believe there are over 500 known sonatas. Most of them will be for ever beyond my capability due to technical and speed difficulties. However sonatas like K263, Longo 321 or K 466, are not only very nice but present no many technical or speed difficulties.

I`m really looking for the Largo to Allegretto tempo and frankly I find a bit daunting to have to go through the lot to find the easier ones, added to it I haven`t got the scores either.

Thank you and may the baroque spirit be with you.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
One of the most famous ones -- beautiful and not that hard to play because the tempo isn't very fast and actually it can go pretty leisurely: L. 23 (K. 380)

K.466\L.118 is also very beautiful and reasonably achievable because of its leisurely pace.

Here's a video, if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV3Avalm5KM

(How do you do that video thing where it shows up in the post?)

Two shadas at noon.
Good pick, Seabelle.
BTW I'm the guy who liked your avatar a few weeks ago. smile

Originally Posted by Seabelle
(How do you do that video thing where it shows up in the post?)

I imagine you usually use the "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page? It's harder to do if you use that, although I think it would work if you type:
[video:youtube][/video]

.....and then enter the video's web address between the two brackets.

Here's what most people probably do (it's much easier than the long explanation makes it look):

Hit the "Reply" (or "Quote") button on the post that you're replying to. That gives you a new page with a blank field for your post. Just above that field is a bunch of icons. Click the 4th one from the left (the one that looks sort of like a TV screen). You'll get a drop-down menu of 4 choices. The bottom one is YouTube. If you click on that.....well it turns out that the next step after that is a little silly. smile

You'll get a "box" up above for entering the web address of the video, and you could do that if you wanted, but it's unnecessarily hard. Just enter ANYTHING in there -- I usually enter just the letter "a". (If your computer allows you to copy/paste the web address of the video in there, do it. Mine seems not to.)

That puts a youtube link in your post. If you copy/pasted the video's web address already, then you're all set. If you just typed "a" or whatever (as I do), then you have to replace the "a" with the web address, by copy/pasting over it.

It's much easier than I probably made it sound. smile

Most concise. I implemented your advice and posted some pictures in another topic. Thank you. I also tried to PM you because I noticed someone said something rather unkind in another thread, but it didn't work for some reason. They said they had you on an ignore list, or something ridiculous like that, but I happen to find you consistently insightful and interesting.

And I do recall you mentioning my avatar recently. I enjoyed it.

Two shadas at noon.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
K. 466 is breathtakingly lovely. I don't usually aspire to play classical pieces, but that one is on my list.

L
L
L33 has always been my favourite. As for difficulty, I'm not sure. I've seen the score, and it appears to be manageable, but I'm yet to attempt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lmqDOjHx70

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Seabelle -- thanks very much -- I really appreciate it.
That guy doesn't bother me. As they say, you can't please everybody. smile

Originally Posted by lacrymosa85
L33 has always been my favourite. As for difficulty, I'm not sure. I've seen the score, and it appears to be manageable, but I'm yet to attempt it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lmqDOjHx70

It's very manageable for almost anybody. I think the hardest part is a little bit into the second section, where you have to do some tough things with the 4th and 5th fingers of the R.H. (I think the only way to get around that would require huge stretches of the hand, which I think would be even harder.)

D
Diablo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you to everyone for the recommendations. Somebody told me about www.cantorion.com and there they have all the sheets for G D Scarlatti sonatas and I now can choose the slow tempo ones.

I find them excellent for leaning and practising as some of them were composed for that purpose as exercises.

Yes. IMO they're great for just about everything -- exercises, warming up, performance, you name it.

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission