Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1375804 - 02/16/10 05:32 PM Anyone who HATES casio px330 here?
champy Offline

I got my PX330 about a month ago. I have been playing quite a bit. I have to say that this is not my favorite keyboard. The piano sounds good. Some of other sounds are not bad also. The key action is great. And it is incredibly light!...

BUT... I hates the speakers. I don't know if it happens to other PX330 owners. But mine happens to make some static noise when I press some certain keys. I think the frequency of the sounds create the vibration in some of the speaker's parts. So it creates the noise.

Also, the body seems very fragile as it is made from plastic. So it doesn't really look professional. It looks more like a toy rather than a actual instrument that go down the road with you. The auto accomp. function is a bit retard and you cannot really use it in a real gig. There is no expression pedal input. No EQ and lack of effects, so you cannot really tweak your sound that much.

However, I think about over again and I came to the conclusion that the problem is me... not the instrument, as it is very cheap compare to those RD-700 or CP1 etc... It is very very worth for its price. In fact, I cannot think of any keyboard with this much potential with this price. Everything has its own costs...

In short, PX330 is a very good deal. But I just want a more powerful keyboard without having to pay more... :P

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Your Next Keyboard is at Sweetwater

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#1375842 - 02/16/10 06:09 PM Re: Anyone who HATES casio px330 here? [Re: champy]
piRround Offline

Loc: Yarmouth, Maine
I've had my PX330 for a couple of months now. I hooked up a set of Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Stereo speakers with a subwoofer (on the advice of I think Snazzyplayer). What a difference they make and they cost under $150. I don't mind the "plastic" look I guess. I think the price was okay for what I got. It seems (from reading here) that no matter what you buy, you trade something off...I think the key action is not the same as a Yamaha 635, for instance, but that doesn't mean it's awful, it's just different. So are the tones. Some of the Casio tones are better, IMHO, than the Yamaha's and vice versa. If I had a few grand, I'm sure I'd trade way up but for the money I spent, I'm happy.

#1375857 - 02/16/10 06:18 PM Re: Anyone who HATES casio px330 here? [Re: piRround]
Vincent L. Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I had a buzzing noise with certain frequencies with my Yamaha P-120 as well. I was lucky to be able to fix it by tightening a screw here and there under the DP.
I have never had this problem with my Casio PX-320. So this is not specific to Casio.
However, I agree that the Casio speakers are on the weak side but Casio did set my expectations with the information provided in the specs: 2 x 8W.
I mostly use the DP with headphones anyway.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (angga888, Art_Vandelay, AndrewJCW, Anticlock, 28 invisible), 1348 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156079 Topics
2291998 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
4/4 measure in 3/4 time?
by caters
Today at 01:10 AM
Mac mini for software pianos?
by Mta88
Today at 01:10 AM
Installed an LX system on my Baldwin C
by SpectrumMan
Today at 12:04 AM
Join the false-beat revolution: get your wires straight!!!
by A443
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
What brand of solid string to use?
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission