2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, 9 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by dewster

Gosh kawaian, you know I'm pretty picky. I certainly wasn't trying to upset you. Other than the V-Piano, I believe the SuperNATURAL piano is the only DP I've tested that doesn't have audible looping.

And of course the DPBSD isn't the only truth, I say that all the time.

hehe, I know that! But since now everyone (well almost) seems to see the value in your project I would like to take the opportunity to object... smile Yes you are indeed picky!

<~ don't test forever - play and enjoy! ~>
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by curt88
I never said that this product is crap, I just said that I can't find a tone that I'm happy with. No crime in that!
Of course not! I'll be blunt ; it ain't *my* $, so you're free to do whatever you want. If you want to continue to be dissatisfied without even *trying* to call & get some help,... I'm cool with that. But again, you have little to lose & loads to gain if there's a way to reverse the upgrade process.

There are always more people who suck at their job than those who excel. So talking to 2 people out of the hundreds who work doesn't necessarily yield the best possible results. I sometimes had to call certain companies a dozen times to get a good rep. So don't give up so easily.

Started playing in mid-June 2007. Self-taught... for now. :p
E
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
E
Hi Snazzy,

I'm happy with the RD. The V-Piano was a stressful time for me, I can tell you! I was lucky that Roland sent someone who understood what I was saying, although he didn't agree with me. He applied a bit of pressure to the shop (who were ok anyway) and the result was a full credit. I really had no realistic alternative but to go Roland on replacement gear. Technically the shop can supply Yamaha but they only had a CP-33. They had a few Korgs too. But the keys section is mainly a "Roland Planet" with a Roland guy demonstrating stuff.

Obviously I, like everyone else, have yet to play a CP5. But the demos of CP1 I've heard have really impressed me (soft CF in particular). There may be areas where the Roland SN thing is technically superior I don't know but my instinct is that if I had been given free choice I would go for the CP5 over the RD. I'd go as far as to say that I would've ordered a CP5 and waited if I felt that wouldn't have created some bad feeling at the shop.

The SN vintage EPs on the RD are very editable and I've yet to get into that but my first impression is one of slight disappointment. The demos of the EP sounds I've heard from the CP1 are breathtaking so if most of that capability is in the CP5 that would be very convincing for me.

I don't play organ at all and there is drawbar functionality on the RD but I can't comment. Strings and pads are good, not outstanding but I'm still discovering what is on the piano to be honest.

So the RD has basically saved me from a very difficult situation with the V-Piano and with a little bit of tweaking (making key touch slightly heavier) I am very happy indeed with the SN piano. But I think you know what I'm saying here...

Cheers,

Steve

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission