2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,916 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S

Hey, you are all right! However, in a piano store closing the pianos are reposessed by the finance company who want their money back, plus the cost of moving and business overhead. If it's old 'new' stock with a smaller amount owing on it, it is possible to be below the cost of a new from today piano, although I can't think of that ever happening when you add the collection costs and overheads. If it's a true deal, he should run and grab it. Marty is rightfully upset, as the poster who can buy a new piano for less than he can wholesale, posts publicly if it's a good deal and then wants to save on taxes. It's frustrating for the long term dealers, and others who see this post will be unwilling to believe a new piano costs what it does. After all, it says on the Internet that a new one can be had for blah blah.

Take care,

Steve

J
J
I'm still in the search for a piano. I've returned to the kawai/yamaha dealer (seems odd that he is a dealer for both... that's like a new car dealer selling chevy and ford). At any rate I really like the Yamaha C2 and the Kawai RX2. The Kawai has a slightly warmer (less bright) sound, but I'd be perfectly happy with either one in my home. After spending more than an hour of talking with him, he said he'd sell me a new (on the show room floor) C2 polished ebony for $16,800, a brand new RX2 polished ebony still in the box with the carbon fiber action for $15,600, or a 3 year old RX2 satin ebony (used only for 1 day rentals) for a little over 13K. None of the prices include tax, but do include delivery, a home tuning and the 10 year manufacturer warranty. Seems like all three are pretty good deals.... Its funny how you set a budget on what you are willing to spend, and before you know it, you are looking at pianos well beyond what you set for a budget....

JRod #1405227 03/27/10 11:32 PM
D
D
Wow, that is pretty incredible pricing. I was just quoted $23k for an RX2 Blak.

P
P
could they be quoting you on the GC2? I believe that is a newer model as of the past year or two.

If it is indeed a C2, sounds like a pretty amazing deal, but like others have advised, it sounds too good to be true.

Good luck!

Last edited by piano_tech chris; 03/27/10 11:57 PM.
J
J
I was talking directly with the owner, and the RX2 Blak was quoted at 15,600. Its slightly more than I wanted to spend, but what a great instrument...

J
J
Originally Posted by piano_tech chris
could they be quoting you on the GC2? I believe that is a newer model as of the past year or two.

If it is indeed a C2, sounds like a pretty amazing deal!

Good luck!

No, he quoted the GC2 at a little 15K.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
RX2 polished ebony still in the box with the carbon fiber action for $15,600,

Any dealer selling pianos straight from box is one I would run, not walk from.

Ironically some people, especially oriental buyers, believe a piano straight out of crate is better.

Dealers who know this often charge even more for such piano than the "old one" sitting prepped on dealer's floor.

These 'old ones' are sometimes being presumptiously called "Festival return" for which some dealers charge actually *less*

As for some kind of inferior product...

It's sure a wondrous world out there.

Or is it a case of almost fatal depreciation?

Norbert frown

Last edited by Norbert; 03/28/10 12:09 AM.

J
J
Do pianos from the manufacturer not come in a crate of some sort? I figured his point was that the piano was brand new, and had not been sitting for a year on a showroom floor, although I may be wrong, as I'm definitely not an expert (when it comes to the piano business anyway). I'm certain he would prep the piano, and tune it at his location, allowing me to audition it, before making any final decisions.

JRod #1405307 03/28/10 03:36 AM
S
S
Would $13,000 +tax for a brand new GC1 be a reasonble price? Again, thats fairly far off the mark from the prices on the ebookofpiano link.

S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
Of course he is going to prep the piano right out of the box. It sounds like you are getting some very favorable pricing and it sounds like you are going to have a new piano very soon.

"The true character of a man can be determined by witnessing what he does when no one is watching".

anon
J
J
I'm leaning towards the RX-2 millenium II, satin black. It's three years old, and has been used for 1 day rentals from the dealer. It's never been sold, so still considered "new" and comes with a 10 year warranty, free delivery, and a free tuning within 6 months or so after delivery. The price is $13,500 plus taxes. Seems like a pretty good deal, I'm a little concerned about it being a rental, but it looks flawless...
thoughts?

JRod #1405875 03/28/10 10:32 PM
S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
I remember when the new action, Millennium III came out and it was considered quite an improvement. If it were me I would make sure the older action was suitable to my taste or I would hold out for the newer action. Make sure you play the two side by side.

What does one days rentals mean? How many one day rentals?

"The true character of a man can be determined by witnessing what he does when no one is watching".

anon
JRod #1405882 03/28/10 10:49 PM
A
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by JRod
I'm leaning towards the RX-2 millenium II, satin black. It's three years old, and has been used for 1 day rentals from the dealer. It's never been sold, so still considered "new" and comes with a 10 year warranty, free delivery, and a free tuning within 6 months or so after delivery. The price is $13,500 plus taxes. Seems like a pretty good deal, I'm a little concerned about it being a rental, but it looks flawless...
thoughts?

Your concerns seem valid. But did you notice the title of this thread?
Why don't you start a new thread. You'll get more responses to your question. You also won't be hijacking the OPs query and taking away from what they are asking for.

Jazz/Improvising Pianist, Composer, University Prof.
At home: C. Bechstein Concert 8, Roland RD88
At work: Kawai GX2, Dave Smith Prophet Rev2 16-voice
AJF #1405883 03/28/10 10:50 PM
A
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
....assuming this thread isn't already long dead smile

Jazz/Improvising Pianist, Composer, University Prof.
At home: C. Bechstein Concert 8, Roland RD88
At work: Kawai GX2, Dave Smith Prophet Rev2 16-voice
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission