2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 6 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Are you an adult amateur pianist who lives in in Long Beach, California or in a nearby Los Angeles or Orange County city? Are you looking for a friendly group that meets monthly to play for each other, socialize and offer support and encouragement? Beginning students, those returning to piano study after an absence and advanced students--all are welcome to join our new Meetup group! Our first meeting is scheduled for Sunday, February 21st at 3 PM--see http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ for details!

ec
Long Beach, CA

Chopin - Nocturnes, Op. 62
Chopin, Fantaisie, Op. 49
Mozart - Fantasia, Op. 475; Sonata, C minor, K. 457
Bach -Toccata, D Major

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
We had a small but wonderful first meeting-great musicmaking (everyone who attended also played, even those who didn't think they could or would), good fellowship and tasty food! Our next meeting is Sunday, March 28th at 3 PM--please see http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ for all the details. We would love to see you there!

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Just stumbled across this! I'm hoping to host a party soon in 2010 and I will be taking a look and hopefully joining you guys on the 28th! thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Hi there!

Just came across this today! I would love to join tomorrow but unfortunately we have made plans with family.

Please let me know when the next get together is and I would love to meet up with fellow piano folks.

Cheers!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I hope to join you next time around! Didn't see this in time!

Last edited by jans88s; 03/29/10 05:46 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jans88s
I hope to join you next time around! Didn't see this in time!

Well there's a potential 2 more right there. It was a great meeting, great people, great location, great piano, (amazing tall ceiling!) and great hosts with awesome food.

Look forward to meeting more and broadening one's horizon (so to speak) thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
W
W
hope to join you guys next time~

winnie

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Wow, here's a whole conversation I didn't even know about! As you already heard from TTigg, we had another great meeting, and are gearing up for our 3rd event on April 25th. Take a look at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/, and if you like what you see, please join up and join us!

cd

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
If you've been meaning to look into what the Long Beach Piano Meetup Group is all about, this would be a great time to do it!
Visit us at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/, to check out our three previous highly successful events.
If this is the piano group you've been looking for all along, you'll be glad to know that our 4rd piano event takes place on May 23rd. Remember that we welcome pianists from all over Orange and Los Angeles counties (or from even further, if you don't mind a little freeway time smile

cd

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

Just putting another holler out there for any amateur pianists in the greater Los Angeles area to check out the Long Beach Piano Meetup Group .

Our next gathering and informal playing is Sunday June 27th @3pm.

Hope that we can get some Piano World Forum folks to share in the fun.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Long Beach Piano Meetup Group is celebrating our 6 month anniversary!!! After an amazing event at Ode2Joy's home in June, we're assembling again at my home on July 25th for more piano playing (solo and collaborative) and good times together. Curious? Why not take a look at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ and see what you think?
If you're an adult amateur pianist with a yen for companionship and performing opportunities, we look forward to welcoming you!

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
SoCal Piano folks, the Long Beach Piano Group (for pianists who play not because they have to but because they want to smile ) is going strong! Our 8th gathering of committed amateur pianists will take place on Sunday, September 26th at 3 pm.
For more details, see
http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/calendar/14606088/
and our home page: http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/

Maybe we'll see you there!

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by ec
Long Beach Piano Meetup Group is celebrating our 6 month anniversary!!! After an amazing event at Ode2Joy's home in June, we're assembling again at my home on July 25th for more piano playing (solo and collaborative) and good times together. Curious? Why not take a look at http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/ and see what you think?
If you're an adult amateur pianist with a yen for companionship and performing opportunities, we look forward to welcoming you!

Is there a Los Angeles Piano meetup group near the Hollywood area anytime soon?

Thanks

katt

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
SoCal Piano folks, the Long Beach Piano Group (for pianists who play not because they have to but because they want to smile is planning our 11th gathering of committed amateur pianists, to take place Sunday, December 12th at 3 pm.
For more details, see http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/calendar/15288479/ and our home page: http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/
This is a more casual event than our usual informal recital, with a relaxed play and mingle preceding a potluck dinner
Maybe we'll see you there!

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi Katt-

So far, we all meet in just one group--although we usually meet in Long Beach, we have welcomed members from all over LA and Orange Counties as well as a few from San Diego and San Bernardino counties. I'm not aware of an existing piano group in the Hollywood area, but perhaps someone who's reading this will chime in smile

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ec.. I took a tour of your last year of gatherings and have to tell you "I'm envious"!! and of course, very happy for all who have joined a piano gathering group.

Appears you've found places outside of your homes to gather; I like that idea. And I also noticed you charge a fee to attendees? We've never done that at our past gatherings but for those who don't desire to bring along a food contribution could be a good alternative. And I totally like the dedicated once a month gatherings.

Thanks for sharing the very impressive link to your 'meet up' gatherings.

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The Long Beach Piano Group (for pianists who play not because they have to but because they want to 3hearts ) is going strong! Our next gathering of committed amateur pianists (as well as a violinist, a cellist AND a vocalist!) will take place on Sunday, May 1st, 2011 at 3 pm.
Why not take a look at our website (http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group)??? We'd love to welcome YOU to our next musical event!

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi Terrytunes--thanks so much for your kind words!! As we meet monthly, we try to shake things up a little to give our members opportunities to play in different environments on different instruments.
As far as the fee goes, we don't charge it if we do a potluck (which we occasionally do), but it works better for me to prepare a meal in advance for the group than to have a variety of potluck offerings raining down into my small kitchen at the last minute when I too am planning to perform. So far, so good!!

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

E
ec Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Wow--it seems like only yesterday I was posting the inaugural meeting of the Long Beach Piano Meetup Group to this forum, but this Sunday, February 26th, 2012, we're meeting to celebrate our 24th meeting and our SECOND birthday wow ! (http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/events/49287092/).
Highlights of the past two years include a Schumann/Chopin/ Barber Birthday recital, a Franz Liszt and His Contemporaries recital and our first ever master class with Jim McCormick. If you're an amateur adult pianist in the SoCal area, why not check us out??
http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Piano-Meetup-Group/

ec
Long Beach, CA

Bach -Toccata, D Major

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission