2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
74 members (20/20 Vision, brdwyguy, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jans88s Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,
Our website now has 4 tracks of my originals. Track 4 is "Endless Sunsets" with Killer Kawai RX 6, Sabrina Cabral, Goddess of Viola, and Double Bassist, Brian Wright. The project is being done in house. It's nice to have time and a comfortable place to record.

I hope all of you will enjoy the tunes. The player is at the top of the site-- on some screens it is hard to see-- mine for example an old Dell dude. I want a Mac!

Jan

Last edited by jans88s; 03/26/10 03:24 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Beautiful tracks Jan. Good website too.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
jans88s Offline OP
OP Offline
Joe,
Thank you so much. I appreciate hearing that so much as I have only been writing less than 2 years and my chops are also a little bit rusty. Thanks to Killer, they're coming back quickly. Our site designer is John Astwood and my bassist's cousin. It's his SECOND SITE and was done with Flash. Glad you like it.

As I've said in another post, I'm recovering from a chronic illness and throwing my whole heart into not missing a day spending time with Killer the Kawai RX 6. I haven't missed a day since he was delivered March 5th.

Last night we did a test track of an ambient/mellow version of "Wings Take Flight." We have AKG condensers, I set them up-- I'm no expert and still the sound was very warm and rich as always. The track isn't a keeper--close but it really was a "rehearsal" track to listen for feedback from my own recording; ideas I would keep or change.

I had to DRAG myself to the piano b/c I didn't feel well, but as always, within 15 minutes, Killer endorphins kicked in and I was able to practice for over an hour.... left the piano feeling better and slept well.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I liked your music also, I can tell that you enjoyed playing it - it communicates a great sense of tranquility.

jans88s Offline OP
OP Offline
Chris,
Thank you so much! What I think is ironic about how I play or what I compose, there's emotion that definitely flows through me which people have often said is "relaxing or tranquil." The odd thing is that I wish I didn't have a short fuse in traffic and with computer glitches + select other situations!

I do love to play and always have! I'm still getting to know Killer. We just did a test track of "Wings Take Flight" that will be a second version-- more mellow like "Endless Sunsets" with our violist friend Sabrina and Brian on bass once again.

I set the mics up and am realizing I love "digging in" when I play Killer, so next time, I think I'll move the mics a bit further away. I don't like the idea of not being able to "let lose." LOL

R
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Beautiful, smooth, mellow music.

Excellent performances and recording quality :-)

Rob

Rob
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Beautiful, Jan! Thanks for pointing out where the player button are, I missed them completely on my first visit to your site.

I got AKGs too (the 414s), which I'm learning to use... and a new digital recorder which is smarter than I am. So, I can relate. Nothing I've recorded has sounded anything like as great as yours... though it looks like you've applied yourself a great deal more than I to the craft.

Well. More later...

Clef

jans88s Offline OP
OP Offline
Rob,
Oh gosh, thanks!!!!!! My SO/bassist/engineer uses a Mac Notebook with Logic, Motu, Fostex studio monitors. We have AKG condensers-- think they're 190s. Brian, who patiently engineers, is SELF TAUGHT! Kind of a point and click and it soon makes sense type. He just gets the techy stuff and is a great player as you heard. He's Francisco Aquabella's (Afro Cuban Latin Jazz congero) bassist and free lances.

I love writing and imagining what instruments will fit together well while showcasing the piano, but still giving the other players their "props." Wayne Wayne that you hear on alto flute and alto sax has played with the REAL Temptations- hails from Detroit, Barbara Morrison, won 2 Interlochen (ay spelling?) scholarships on classical sax. BTW, WW is not a typo. He was once at gig and the female singer forgot his long, Polish last name...she was pumping up the crowd after his solo and into the mic said, "Y'all let's here it for Wayne Wayne!!! He plays so nice we had to name him twice!" The other story is that there were 2 Waynes in one band so at first they were W 1 and W2; Wayne Wayne, being the hilarious human he is started to call himself "Wayne Wayne"-- it stuck and is even on his business cards. LOL! Thanks again for making my night... Brian is at a gig and will be home soon..so I'm enjoying PWF while he's gone.

Last edited by jans88s; 03/29/10 04:28 AM. Reason: bone head mistakes :)
R
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
You are lucky to be surrounded by such gifted musicians.
I just have to make do with poor, computer based excuses for instruments.

I hope your health continues to improve, and we can hear more from you.

Rob

Rob
jans88s Offline OP
OP Offline
Rob,
Yes I'm fortunate to be surrounded by very talented people who happen to be good friends. I'm a very lucky lady-- they're both miles beyond me in notating, yet they both seem to like to record my tracks-- bare bones lead sheets and mp3s sent ahead. With Brian being a techy sort, we're going to experiment some more with mic placement after reading the thread-- I wish I could remember who posted it to give credit--which gives some details on piano mic placement.

Thank you for your wishes for better health. It is improving, I just need to stay away from certain food and coffee for awhile-- I'm such a rebel & Starbucks addict! Honestly, my symptoms improve within about 15 at the piano-- it's very much like a runner's high I experienced when I did that.
Brian is so easy going too... Last night on the way to night night land, I took one last glance at Killer.... mistake... sort of... I landed on the bench and was in a Stevie Wonder mood. Next thing I knew, it was 4:30 AM! I slept until 11 AM, woke up briefly and finally emerged from the covers at 1:30 PM!

I figured out most of "I Wish" doing the bass line w/octaves in the left hand.. now I have to figure out the modulation or whatever to the bridge. Brian said he woke up briefly and thought, "there she goes again." He could sleep through a train "bustin' loose in the house." LOL!

I don't know how to do this, but I know Brian does-- you need a bassist maybe we can work out something via Skype.
Jan P.S. I'm working on 5 tunes I'm writing so, you'll definitely hear more from us!

jans88s Offline OP
OP Offline
Rob,

It can be done linking computers if you need a bassist that can play ANY genre and read fly specks 20 yards away w/great accuracy.

Wayne Wayne can transpose anything from concert ON SIGHT first take. Sabrina, as you heard, is also a MONSTER talented violist.

If you ever have a project and want live musicians from SoCal via computer-- Brian can set it up.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission