2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 12 invisible), 1,867 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 74 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 73 74
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
There is a thread like this at the Pianist Forum right now, I just thought I would bump up this one.
I think there might be some new people joining the AB forum the last months, and since I have never introduced myself I would rather do it here than on the PF.

I am 41 years old and I am working in the aluminium industry, in the R&D-laboratory. I am a single mother with two children, 13 and 11 years. My daughter started this autumn learning to play the church-organ, I pray that she will go on enjoying it.
My son plays piano, but seem to be more interested in other things like computer games wink

I played piano as a child, first for two years with a non-professional teacher- she made me love Bach, Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven and I learned to read music, but she did not teach me which fingers to use. Later I played one year with a teacher who knew technique, she kept telling me I was doing everything the wrong way so I quitted frown

I took up playing again when the children were babies, playing some very easy children songs. In 2001 I bought the Bach Inventions and Sinfonias, and since then I have been practicing quite regular (but not every day).I would like to have a teacher, but have not found any.

I have also played the Bb Clarinet for 7 years. As a student I started singing and have been singing in different choirs/song-groups since. Now I am a soprano in the local church choir (we are about 15 members).

I live at the south-west coast of Norway, it means we have wonderful nature and a lot of weather. If I am not busy with some music I like to be outdoors (walking,hiking, skiing, swimming..)

Ragnhild

Trying to play the piano:
http://www.box.net/public/dbr23ll03e
O
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
O
I swear, every time I see the title of this thread, I think it's addressed to me. shocked

Happiness is a freshly tuned piano.
Jim Boydston, proprietor, No Piano Left Behind - technician
www.facebook.com/NoPianoLeftBehind
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Welcome Ragnhild! Nice to have you here!

You'll find a teacher soon, I'm sure, and your playing will improve each day.

By the way, it's very nice to have a soprano with us. I'm a tenor in the choir of one of the orchestras here in Valencia (Spain). And judging his nick, OperaTenor is also a tenor laugh

And in my twisted face... there's not the slightest trace of anything that even hints at kindness...
M
M
Ok, well, I'm a 21 year old guy who's always wanted to play the piano but only started to take lessons about 2 months ago.

My father used to play wonderful pieces by chopin and grieg but lacked the skills or inclination to teach me how to play... and then he sold our piano when we moved house!!!

Unfortunately dad passed away a few months ago and I thought now would be as good a time as any to start playing, so I've bought myself a little yamaha electronic keyboard that is touch sensitive but not weighted. I'm looking to buy a nice acoustic as soon as possible, probably a Kawai K3 or something equivalent.

Currently I'm studying education at university and working part time to make ends meet... and no, I don't have a girfriend/partner/wife.

Nice to meet you all! smile smile smile smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by AQP_87:
Welcome Ragnhild! Nice to have you here!

You'll find a teacher soon, I'm sure, and your playing will improve each day.

By the way, it's very nice to have a soprano with us. I'm a tenor in the choir of one of the orchestras here in Valencia (Spain). And judging his nick, OperaTenor is also a tenor laugh
I'll second that welcome, both to Ragnhild and Mt. Ash!

And, I'm a soprano, too- a couple altos and a bass or two and we'll have a group! lol

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
I'm a 53 yr old beginner on piano (already play guitar and fiddle). Would love to eventually be able to play some Chopin, some Bach, some Mozart, and some more modern things. I have had a Samick digital piano sitting in the den for years, and I finally decided to turn it on and have fun with it. And it is fun so far!

B
B
Hello, my name is Brian.

I live in Orange county of California.

I am married to a beautiful wife, no children yet,
so thus I have devoted some time to my interests (including her!), which some of them are:

chess, I used to be a good club level but dont practice that much anymore due to time.

i am a member of the forum www.chessgames.com

shoes (clothing,etc), I own over 20 pairs of high end dress shoes and continuing collection. from wearing them to polishing them to antiquing them.

i am a member of the forum www.askandyaboutclothes.com and www.styleforum.net

i just got into wristwatches as well, i am a part of timezone.com.

and piano (last but not least), i used to practice when i was in grade school but quit in junior high school and i had various teachers including my mother who was like Mommy Dearest to me in as a teacher to me. i didnt have great memories of the piano at all.

just recently, we purchased a Kawai ES4 and I have started to practice again, due to my love for Chopin.

ive been practicing a few Chopin pieces and some gospel songs and Hanon and Czerny. my wife plays well (something i never knew about until we bought the piano).

i am 34 years of age.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
What are we waiting for, Mak?

And in my twisted face... there's not the slightest trace of anything that even hints at kindness...
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by AQP_87:
What are we waiting for, Mak?
A couple altos and a bass or two... wink :p

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I thought you were going to mention a place to meet each other and practice. We're all over the world. But, yes, we need alto and bass.

I'm an alto

Ya lyublyu ruskuyu muzyku
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Great!

Bass... Where are you my dear friend?

O
O
Hello all!

I'm 20 and live in Hampshire, England. I took about 2 years of keyboard lessons when I was something like 8 and gave it up because, as you do when you're a child, my mind wandered into other things. At around the end of school, just before I started college at age 16, my father, after listening to the amazing James Horner piano solo version of "My Heart Will Go On", told me that he wanted me to learn to play this piece for his 50th birthday.

Then in my first year of college I became good friends with someone I'd known from school who was on grade 5 piano (now grade 6), who played some great Coldplay pieces while I was round his house one evening that completely amazed me and sparked something incredibly powerful in me that made me determined to take up the piano again.

So after practicing for a couple of months on my 14 year old keyboard that barely even played anymore, I took up piano lessons in September of 2003 with the very same teacher who taught me something like ten years ago on keyboard. I bought a Yamaha DGX-500 which, just like Bob found, I soon realised the 'semi-weighted' keys weren't exactly suitable for piano-playing.

In something like April 2004, I acquired a nice acoustic from my friend who was looking to sell it for the bargain price of £350 plus delivery, and really began to get the best out of playing the piano.

And now I am a university student, currently on my third year placement at IBM, looking for a high quality digital piano to replace my DGX-500 while I'm in rented accommodation, and still loving piano more and more every day!

So that's my long rambling story laugh

S
S
Ok, I'm sixteen so I guess I actually are the youngest around here, and I know I'm not adult but I hope I'm welcome anyway? As I said I'm sixteen and from Sweden (northern Europe) and when I found Pianoworld is was like finding paradise wink .

I've always been interested in music and in particular classical music. My favorites are (in this order):

Rachmaninoff (Vocalise for piano and cello almost makes me cry)
Chopin (Get goosebumps by the e-minor nocturne)
Beethoven (Can't get enough of the moonlight sonata's 3 movement)

and of course many, many more... I'm single, though I don't know if you find that very interesting? smile I'm the proud owner of a white Kawai (K 80 I think, but I'm not sure).

Well, that was my story, if you want to know anything more just ask!

Without music, life would be a mistake.

//Friedrich Nietzsche

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Welcome, seraf, and you're actually NOT the youngest. (Debussy20 has you beat). And you are very welcome. And you're also not the only member of the White Kawai club... Alvaro has a white Kawai grand. smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Oh how I wish they had websites like these when I was a lad taking lessons.

Full-Time Music/Entrepreneurship Major: (Why not compose music AND businesses?)
Former Piano Industry Professional
Steinway M
Roland Atelier AT90R
All Posts are Snarky Unless Otherwise Noted
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
I guess I haven't added to this thread since finding these message boards a month ago.

I am a part-time high school teacher with three kids (triplet boys) in 5th grade. My husband is a teacher also, so we spend the summers traveling toand camping at various National Parks where he loves to fly fish.

I took piano for six years as a child, quitting at the end of 10th grade. I took it up again five years ago because I wanted to meet the requirements for a Sonata certificate from one of the music teachers' groups. It took me three years to do that, playing over an hour of sonatas from memory, and I had thought I would quit when I finished. But my teacher kept tempting me with all the beautiful music written outside the classical period, and now I am an avid hobbyist. I take lessons every other week (one hour) during the school year. In the summer my teacher goes away, so I take from her son or his roommate, which is a nice change and new perspective.

All three of my boys are in their fourth year of lessons with my same teacher, so our piano is going all the time. I recently bought a very cheap piano ($50) off of Craigslist so we could occasionally have two people practice at once. The new piano is not a crowd favorite here, so we're usually taking turns on our Yamaha U3 upright. We may wear it out in record time.

Nancy

Estonia 168
O
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
O
I swear, every time I see this thread title, I think it's addressed to me!

shocked

Happiness is a freshly tuned piano.
Jim Boydston, proprietor, No Piano Left Behind - technician
www.facebook.com/NoPianoLeftBehind
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
I swear, every time I see this thread title, I think it's addressed to me!

shocked
I was trying to figure out why everyone wanted to talk to you - and for 10 pages.

M
M
Originally posted by kluurs:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
[b] I swear, every time I see this thread title, I think it's addressed to me!

shocked
I was trying to figure out why everyone wanted to talk to you - and for 10 pages. [/b]
So was I, what is OT supposed to stand for if it isn't OperaTenor? confused

Page 12 of 74 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 73 74

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission