Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1412292 - 04/06/10 02:28 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: Karnevil]
MarcoM Offline

One thing I think Yamaha should do with the N2/N3 is to allow the digital 'guts' of the piano to be swappable, so if in the future an N12/N13 comes out with much improved samples/synthesis one could keep the N2/N3 action/cabinet/speakers and just upgrade the sound engine.

Of course Yamaha would prefer to sell a new 10k+ piano rather than a 2k+ sound expansion card, but then again if these were available a lot more N2/N3 owners would upgrade to those than sell their N2/N3 to buy a newer one!

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#1412332 - 04/06/10 03:42 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: MarcoM]
ChrisA Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, California
Originally Posted By: MarcoM
One thing I think Yamaha should do with the N2/N3 is to allow the digital 'guts' of the piano to be swappable,

They did. That is what MIDI and Line-In are for.

But I know what you are saying. it would be good if the sound were in a self contained box that could be swapped out. But I think Yamaha would rather (1) Not point out to potential buyers that the current technology will become obsolete and (2) they want to sell you a new piano when it does.

#1412339 - 04/06/10 03:58 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: MarcoM]
dewster Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern NJ
One thing I think Yamaha should do with the N2/N3 is to allow the digital 'guts' of the piano to be swappable, so if in the future an N12/N13 comes out with much improved samples/synthesis one could keep the N2/N3 action/cabinet/speakers and just upgrade the sound engine.

Of course Yamaha would prefer to sell a new 10k+ piano rather than a 2k+ sound expansion card, but then again if these were available a lot more N2/N3 owners would upgrade to those than sell their N2/N3 to buy a newer one!

Better yet, why can't Yamaha just build it right in the first place? Why they refuse to put a couple of hundred dollars of computer into something that costs >$10k is beyond me.

This is one of the big reasons I dislike high-end cabinetry DPs, the guts never live up to the promise of the outer trappings.

#1412348 - 04/06/10 04:10 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: ChrisA]
MarcoM Offline

Originally Posted By: ChrisA

does the avant grand transmit variable 'soft' pedal information over midi? or only on/off? can you have TRS availability while playing, say, pianoteq via MIDI/line-in or would you have to disable TRS entirely otherwise?

Originally Posted By: dewster
why can't Yamaha just build it right in the first place?

because it doesn't make any business sense to do so? If you can keep selling incremental improvements every few years for full price, why would you try to get to the complete bleeding edge knowing that for 10 years or more you wouldn't be able to really provide any sort of meaningful upgrade?

On the other hand I do think that for the price premium an N2/N3 commands, they ought to have been made state-of-the-art even in terms of synthesis, because part of this price premium is the 'once a person buys this it's unlikely they'll buy another DP for a long, long time'.

#1412461 - 04/06/10 06:29 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: snazzyplayer]
RDW Offline

Originally Posted By: snazzyplayer
That's why serious players use grand pianos...in fact they refuse to play on nothing less.

I can think of one or two exceptions! Chopin used an upright Pleyel at various times. Rachmaninov's early recordings were on an upright, he had one in his touring railway carriage, and specified 'a small upright' as an alternative to one of the harps in the 3rd Symphony. Gershwin composed most of Rhapsody in Blue on an upright, and Glenn Gould developed his early technique on one. These choices were likely dictated by circumstance or convenience (they obviously used grands for public solo performances), but Jacques Durand intriguingly notes that Debussy 'was very fond of his upright piano, a lovely instrument from which he drew ravishing sounds.'

I also find it curious that a modern concert grand like the Steinway, which only reached its current form late in the 19th century (and is very different from the pianos that many of the greatest works were actually composed for) is so often seen as the only instrument 'worthy' of the standard repertoire, or of emulation on a DP (at least without external sample libraries). How about chucking out the dreadful simulated choir and string sounds that every DP seems plagued with, and giving us some decent uprights, fortepianos, Broadwoods or Pleyels to supplement 'Grand Piano 1'?

#1412485 - 04/06/10 07:09 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: MarcoM]
dewster Offline
4000 Post Club Member

If you can keep selling incremental improvements every few years for full price, why would you try to get to the complete bleeding edge knowing that for 10 years or more you wouldn't be able to really provide any sort of meaningful upgrade?

Yeah, but I've never seen anything like this. The DP industry is so far behind the technology curve that it's joke. Maybe PCs caught them with their pants down, but how long do we have to wait for them to finally wake up?

Meanwhile we're reduced to cobbling together random keyboards and decent PC-based piano sounds on our own to fill the void. It's sad.

#1412489 - 04/06/10 07:16 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: RDW]
John_B Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bristol, UK
Originally Posted By: RDW
How about chucking out the dreadful simulated choir and string sounds that every DP seems plagued with, and giving us some decent uprights, fortepianos, Broadwoods or Pleyels to supplement 'Grand Piano 1'?
Too right! Perhaps a few really good harpsichords as well.

#1412499 - 04/06/10 07:30 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: Volusiano]
RDW Offline

Originally Posted By: Volusiano
But with the arrival of the modeling technology, eventually the "model" will become the new "source" (with many adjustable parameters to boost) and will replace the acoustic piano sound source. So emulation of the acoustic piano sound will not continue indefinitely like many people think.

I don't believe this will ever happen in the classical world, at least for the purposes of public performance (practice is another matter). The Berlin Philharmonic could replace their timpani with a drum machine tomorrow, but they aren't going to. What would be the point? Audiences want authenticity (hence the popularity of the 'historic performance'/'original instrument' style, where Mozart concertos are played on a fortepiano accompanied by gut-strung violins tuned to a period pitch). For rock/pop, of course, all bets are off.

But in terms of being a replacement technology, there are so many uncanny similarities in the digital SLR analogy that it's still my favorite analogy to use

The similarity that strikes me is between the way dSLRs are discussed on photography forums, and the way DPs are sometimes talked about here. Over on places like dpreview, there are endless threads discussing the relative merits of different cameras with respect to pixel density, noise levels, shutter lag, AF speed, chromatic aberration, and build quality. Certain brands and types of camera are seen as superior since they are what the 'professionals' use. Much less space is given to whether all these features are actually necessary for a specific style of photography, or to the mysterious process of using this technology to communicate a particular artistic idea. Sometimes how the camera feels in your hand is more important than the ISO range or the framerate it can deliver, but try suggesting that to someone who thinks a particular dSLR is the only camera worth buying! The typical reaction is enough to make me want to put down the D300 and pick up an 'obsolete' 'analogue' Leica...

#1412530 - 04/06/10 08:37 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: MarcoM]
kippesc Offline

Loc: United States

does the avant grand transmit variable 'soft' pedal information over midi? or only on/off? can you have TRS availability while playing, say, pianoteq via MIDI/line-in or would you have to disable TRS entirely otherwise?

Just checked my N2 through Pianoteq. The soft pedal is NOT continuous (you get either 0 or 127). The sustain pedal IS continuous (0 to 127 -- thus: 0, 4, 7, 12, 16, and so on . . . .).

In order to run Pianoteq audio into the N2 line in, you have to turn "Local Control" off. One effect of disabling local control is that you don't get TRS. If, however, you leave local control on, turn down the internal volume, and run Pianoteq through headphones or external speakers, you of course still get TRS.

#1412535 - 04/06/10 08:47 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: kippesc]
MarcoM Offline

it would have been nice if it was possible to leave trs on but have local control off to be able to play, say, pianoteq on the internal speakers with trs enabled... thanks for checking the soft pedal, surprised it's still modeled/sent only as on/off

Edited by MarcoM (04/06/10 08:48 PM)

#1412546 - 04/06/10 09:03 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: MarcoM]
Marty Flinn Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I have just read this thread from the beginning and through all ten pages. It occurs to me that many detractors of the AvantGrand are those who have never actually played and heard one. They are basing their arguments on their experiences and notions about digital pianos in general. Really not fair.

One item to note. When you turn on the N3 or N2 the default setting for the TRS (tactile esponse system)is 2. You should hold the TRS button and push the + button once to raise it to level 3 for the best AvanGrand experience. Yamaha is reviewing the default setting and may alter this on units in production.

The action in the AvantGrand is nothing like other digital piano action designs. It is a real Yamaha grand piano action minus the hammers (including let off after touch). The action is the same in the N3 and the N2.

I continue to hear folks tout the virtues of vertical acoustic pianos over small (less than 6') acoustic grands. This is just nuts. The action repetition sensitivity is demonstrably better and the tone and volume is nearly always bigger and better. We contrast the U3 and the GB1K(Yamaha entry BG) daily and there is no comparison. I don't get it. I guess it just makes them feel better about themselves and their pianos. Yes, if you took a S&S K52 and compared it to the cheapest 4'8" grand the tone would be better. Comparing like brand and/or like price points the contest always falls to the grand.

We have sold several N3s and all to folks who were seriously shopping 6-7 foot acoustic grands. A nearby college with a kickin' music department is buying four N2s this month!

Edited by Marty Flinn (04/06/10 09:04 PM)

#1412552 - 04/06/10 09:10 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: MarcoM]
ChrisA Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, California

does the avant grand transmit variable 'soft' pedal information over midi? or only on/off? can you have TRS availability while playing, say, pianoteq via MIDI/line-in.

I think "yes" in both cases. Most DPs that have continuous pedals do transmit the pedal position. And yes you could allow the TRS to run, it would be driven be the "old" factory samples. No need to disable the MIDI local control function.

#1412555 - 04/06/10 09:21 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: Marty Flinn]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Earth
Originally Posted By: Marty Flinn

We have sold several N3s and all to folks who were seriously shopping 6-7 foot acoustic grands. A nearby college with a kickin' music department is buying four N2s this month!

Understandably so, Marty...and a real plus, besides the savings from tuning costs, is that the Avant Grand has great electric piano patches as well as the awesome acoustic piano sounds.

Snazzy

#1412578 - 04/06/10 09:55 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: snazzyplayer]
Dave Ferris Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Glendale, Ca.

2005 NY Steinway D, Nord Piano 2

#1412593 - 04/06/10 10:24 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: ChrisA]
MarcoM Offline

I think "yes" in both cases. Most DPs that have continuous pedals do transmit the pedal position. And yes you could allow the TRS to run, it would be driven be the "old" factory samples. No need to disable the MIDI local control function.

according to kippesc the answer is in fact no to the first, soft pedal is on/off (wonder why), and sort of to #2 since you can leave TRS on, but there is no way to have TRS on *and* an external sound generator to play on the internal speakers.

Both of these could be easy fixes for Yamaha: the soft pedal should be made analog at least for MIDI, and it should be possible to have a hybrid 'local off with TRS on' setting, but it seems doubtful these will change, on the other hand if these were done they would definitely help in future proofing the N2/N3 even more.

#1412594 - 04/06/10 10:25 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: Dave Ferris]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Dave Ferris
Originally Posted By: snazzyplayer

.......and a real plus, besides the savings from tuning costs, is that the Avant Grand has great electric piano patches......

A " must have " for Bach, Mozart or Chopin. smile

But of course....but, quite likely it wouldn't matter much to those guys since they're fairly dead.

At least they better be dead...someone's after burying the poor fellows. grin

Snazzy

#1412623 - 04/06/10 11:12 PM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: Marty Flinn]
dewster Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I have just read this thread from the beginning and through all ten pages. It occurs to me that many detractors of the AvantGrand are those who have never actually played and heard one. They are basing their arguments on their experiences and notions about digital pianos in general. Really not fair.

I've heard the DPBSD MP3 of the N3. For that kind of money I expect heaven on earth in the sound department, not obvious looping.

DP fail.

#1412734 - 04/07/10 04:11 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: dewster]
Volusiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

I've heard the DPBSD MP3 of the N3. For that kind of money I expect heaven on earth in the sound department, not obvious looping.

DP fail.

If I remember correctly, the only "Cons" from that DPBSD test on the N3 was that looping exists, but everything else belonged in the "Pros" bucket. And even as a "Cons", the comment was that "looping isn't too badly done", although looping exists.

Sure, it would have been nice if there were no looping, but what if Yamaha decided that looping is that 1% of imperfection that nobody sees or cares really unless they look for it under a microscope? I know it's not an issue for me at all, and I play the N3 everyday.

Instead of putting priority to fix that 1% imperfection for very little ROI, maybe Yamaha preferred to spend the money on other things that matter more, like the grand action keyboard design, the 16-amp sound system, the TRS, the pedal pressure gradient, etc. I would want them to give those things priority for sure.

#1412764 - 04/07/10 06:44 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: Volusiano]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

DP fail.

If I remember correctly, the only "Con" from that DPBSD test on the N3 was that looping exists, but everything else belonged in the "Pro" bucket. And even as a "Con", the comment was that "looping isn't too badly done", although looping exists.

Volusiano, we both know that certain people here have a personal grudge against Yamaha...most of them have not even played an N2 or N3, and some of them are more techies than they are players.

I and many others, understand your happiness with the Avant Grand, because we have played and enjoyed the excellent sound and tactile response the instrument gives to the player...and note well that word "player". It is an instrument that must be played to be fully appreciated.

There are some individuals who will never be satisfied with a digital piano, no matter how good it is...even the software instruments get picked apart...these people will never be happy with whatever they play or buy...as my old Grannie used to say, "When they die, they won't like God."

This constant dissatisfaction can also be a disguise to cover the fact they aren't in the financial position to buy the best, or even the next-best...they are the very same people who believe they can do better than the manufacturers and create a digital piano and/or a speaker system for little or no money, building it from household materials, and cheap everyday components.

Now, would you consider a product recommendation from someone like that? I know they'd be the last on my list, and no doubt at the bottom of many other's lists as well.

These individuals can only be happy finding fault with everything they touch, and, rather than give an honest and unbiased review, they like to feel they are more powerful when degrading or besmirching a product or a manufacturer's reputation and good intentions...they devise tests and play detective, because it makes them feel important, their insecurity about their musical ability usually drives them onward and along.

Enjoy your piano, my friend...it is the best digital available at present, and you are very fortunate to be in possession of such a terrific piano....don't waste the time you could be indulging in musical bliss by reading the negativity posted by individuals who are quite probably envious of your situation.

Snazzy

#1412797 - 04/07/10 09:24 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: Volusiano]
dewster Offline
4000 Post Club Member

If I remember correctly, the only "Cons" from that DPBSD test on the N3 was that looping exists, but everything else belonged in the "Pros" bucket. And even as a "Cons", the comment was that "looping isn't too badly done", although looping exists.

Correct, and nothing personal, but I'm past the point of putting up with looping in any DP we might consider owning, particularly at that price point.

CONS:
- Obviously looped, both visually and audibly, particularly the lowest notes, though it isn't too badly done.
- Loop lengths are rather short.
- Loop lengths are (C2:C9): 0.7,0.67,0.67,0.67,0.56,0.43,?,? seconds.

#1412800 - 04/07/10 09:28 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: dewster]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Correct, and nothing personal, but I'm past the point of putting up with looping in any DP we might consider owning, particularly at that price point.

Well said, Dewster...and predictably so. grin

Thanks,

Snazzy

#1412810 - 04/07/10 09:48 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: snazzyplayer]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
I think you would have to be loopy to pay more than $10000 for a digital piano, but that's me.

#1412812 - 04/07/10 09:53 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: theJourney]
sucroid Offline

Originally Posted By: theJourney
I think you would have to be loopy to pay more than $10000 for a digital piano, but that's me.

If the sound engine can be upgraded, I think the $10,000 price tag is easier to justify.

#1412828 - 04/07/10 10:51 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: theJourney]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: theJourney

I'm very glad for Volusiano...he obviously sets his musical instrument priorities much higher than most people, and obviously wants the best for himself.

Now, if he had purchased a Young Chang acoustic grand for $10,000, I'd agree he'd be loopy, but he obviously recognizes and appreciates quality and went with the best digital piano available.

You'd think you'd be happy for the man, instead of making fun of him...but, as you say, "that's you." wink

Snazzy

#1412832 - 04/07/10 10:59 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: snazzyplayer]
jmmec Offline

Loc: New Mexico (yes, USA!)
Snazzy, you and your alter ego, colleen, are the epitome of mean-spiritedness; even spitefulness. It's shameful.

https://vimeo.com/58278342

#1412836 - 04/07/10 11:04 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: jmmec]
EssBrace Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Suffolk, United Kingdom
He's just robustly singing the praises of the Avant Grand (which he has owned along with a Steinway Grand so you have to agree he is qualified to comment)...nothing particularly spiteful about that is there?

Steve

#1412842 - 04/07/10 11:09 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: jmmec]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jmmec
Snazzy, you and your alter ego, colleen, are the epitome of mean-spiritedness; even spitefulness. It's shameful.

What's shameful, Jane, is you bringing someone into a conversation who is not here to defend herself.

That's very low...even for you.

Now, be a nice young lady, and take a long walk off a short pier...we'll even applaud....after the splash, of course. grin

Snazzy

#1412854 - 04/07/10 11:18 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: EssBrace]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: EssBrace
He's just robustly singing the praises of the Avant Grand (which he has owned along with a Steinway Grand so you have to agree he is qualified to comment)...nothing particularly spiteful about that is there?

Steve

Thanks Steve. Luckily for Jane above, that Colleen has left the forum (she's actually in Europe somewhere) and isn't here to make a complete and utter fool out of Jane....of course, Jane seems to be doing a pretty good job on her own.

How's the new HP-307 working out? Next to the Avant Grand and CP-1, it is every bit as great, based on it's own merits.

Did you get your RD-700 yet? I've been away a bit...selling my vintage cars and vintage synths in preparation for a move to Canada....I'm keeping the Steinway, and storing it at a friend's place.

My newest toy, a Yamaha PSR-S910 arranger/workstation, is a real hoot to play...I use my P-85 as a controller when I need more than five octaves. I'll send you a link in PM to a recording I did last week.

Snazzy

#1412861 - 04/07/10 11:26 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: snazzyplayer]
EssBrace Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi Snazzy

HP-307 going very well thanks. I'm happy with it. RD-700 and its Supernatural upgrade arrived as well and I was surprised to hear that they are different in some ways (I prefer the HP slightly). What I really wanted was a Yamaha CP5 (rather than RD) but I was tied to the shop by the credit note for the V-Piano (I miss its expressiveness but NOT its sound!).

If I could find something that could be really nice furniture AND top level piano sound(s) then I would in time go to a single box solution...maybe the next generation of AG for instance...having really studied the AG I think it is a fantastic looking thing, way ahead of my venerable old Gran Touch.

Best wishes,

Steve

#1412865 - 04/07/10 11:38 AM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N2 vs. similar priced Yamaha upright? [Re: EssBrace]
snazzyplayer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: EssBrace
Hi Snazzy

HP-307 going very well thanks. I'm happy with it. RD-700 and its Supernatural upgrade arrived as well and I was surprised to hear that they are different in some ways (I prefer the HP slightly). What I really wanted was a Yamaha CP5 (rather than RD) but I was tied to the shop by the credit note for the V-Piano (I miss its expressiveness but NOT its sound!).

If I could find something that could be really nice furniture AND top level piano sound(s) then I would in time go to a single box solution...maybe the next generation of AG for instance...having really studied the AG I think it is a fantastic looking thing, way ahead of my venerable old Gran Touch.

Best wishes,

Steve

I've been contemplating the CP-5 too, but I think I may hold off till after my move before I commit to anything...the next gen Avant Grand may be out by then...it's rumored to have more orchestral patches, which I missed on the N3.

I played an HP-307 again, while on my trip to Nova Scotia...I liked it even more than the last time I played it...the action is excellent, and I thought it felt very interactive with the sound...it's been a while since I played the V-Piano, so I can't actually compare, but I can see (and hear) why the HP appeals to you...the mids are far more robust, and they are much better that the ones I remember on the V-Piano.

Snazzy

I sent you a PM.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
119 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, A Guy, 32 invisible), 1253 Guests and 49 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153596 Topics
2251148 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
47 minutes 57 seconds ago
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
CA glue applications
by accordeur
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Casio PX 850
by ryand90
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission