2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Charles Cohen, Animisha, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 9 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 119 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 118 119

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Welcome to Einaudi-addiction, Mohan! smile If you give us an idea of how long you've been playing and the kind of pieces you're playing now, we can probably give you better recommendations. Somewhere in this 44 page thread are some posts giving people's ranking of the difficulty of various Einaudi pieces. I think there's clear agreement that "Limbo" is the easiest. Nefeli is actually not that bad, with the exception of one 3-4 measure stretch that presents some hand independence challenges. I always recommend "I due fiumi" as one of the easier pieces that it also one of Einaudi's most beautiful compositions.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mohan Karthik
Hey all

Amazing thread! I came to know of Einaudi through Anthony's recital! I've it running for the last 5 days in my work computer on repeat mode. I just cant get the song out of my head!

Now I soo want to start playing Einaudi! Can you suggest any songs to start with? I definitely want to play Nefeli! Think thats my favorite (thanks to Anthony). But is there any other easier songs that I should attempt first before looking at Nefeli?

Glad to know that I've managed to inspire somebody. smile

The good part about Einaudi pieces (and sometimes bad) is that there is quite a bit of repeating going on. This makes most of the pieces easier to learn.

I'll agree with Monica that the hardest parts of Nefeli to learn are towards the bottom of page one. It's the part where the thumb is an alternating note on a C. Then you've got a jump right after that section where both hands move away from each other (left goes down and right goes up) that can take some practice to get used to. Heck, even I still miss that one from time to time.

The only way to see if you can play a piece is to try it and see where you need improvement. I don't think it ever hurts to give it a try even if you do manage to hurt your ego a bit. smile

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
Hey Monica and Anthony. Thanks for the replies smile.

Ok I'll listen to Limbo and I due fiumi and see if I like it!

@Monica: For the question on what kind of pieces I'm playing. Well I was playing a lot of piano about 8 years ago in school. Then had a long break. Now i'm starting again at Alfred's Book 1. But I have been attempting to play tougher songs. I've been working on Hes a Pirate for quite some time and have got it running at 70% tempo without making any mistakes. I'm also working on My heart will go on!

@Anthony: Hehe.. Dont worry.. My Egos already been battered and bruised! It can survive a little more smile. And I can see what you mean by the jump. Somehow Monica makes it look simple on her vid! I'm somehow scared of picking up Nefeli and starting it. Because I dont give up on the song and I might just spend another 2 months banging away at it without a result! Anyway, I'll look at your suggestions first and then go ahead from there.

Thanks for the suggestions smile. And keep posting your awesome videos. Its our source of inspiration!

Learning Music is hard. But enjoying ones own music makes it soo much easier!
Yamaha CLP-430
https://soundcloud.com/mohankarthik
http://www.youtube.com/user/nemesisnitt
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here's another new performance I've just uploaded to YouTube.

Tracce from the album Le Onde.

I had started on this one quite a long time ago but never worked on the 2nd half of the piece. So this time around when I picked up the piece I worked from the ending towards the middle part. It isn't a terribly long piece at only 63 measures so it didn't take all that long to finish up memorizing either.

I actually enjoy this piece quite a lot now as it is somewhat different than many of the other pieces by Einaudi.

Enjoy!

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Amazing stuff Anthony!! thumb
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
N
N
Sounded like the man playing it himself. Excellent job.

Beautiful performance, Anthony. smile I'm amazed at how little time it took you to polish that.

Can someone let me know if the book The Best of Ludovico Einaudi: Piano Solo from Amazon is spiral bound? If not is it suitable for use on a music stand without pages turning by themselves?!

Yamaha DGX-630
Moving slowly through The Piano Handbook...up to Bach Prelude in C Major
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sorry to say it is not spiral bound. Not a single Einaudi music book that I own is spiral bound either.

I've worked around the problem two ways. Either one does some photo copy work or I've also been known to typeset the pieces from the book into a music notation program to print out again. I did this process commonly in my early days of music which greatly helped me with my note reading skills anyways.

I think there might even be some people that had the book cut apart and spiral bound that way.

Personally, I never had much luck getting the book to stay open on the proper page while on my digital piano music rest. Of course, I do tend to memorize so that having the sheet music up is only an issue while learning a piece.

[Linked Image]
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
AnthonyB that was sweet, so good with the dynamics...

Mine doesn't stay open nicely on my music desk, either, 20thCenturyBoy. I photocopy the pieces I work on and deal with it that way. I have heard the same thing as Anthony of people who take their music books to Kinko's and have the binding cut off and spiral bound. I don't know how successful that is.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have had very good luck with Kinkos. I did it (had it spiral bound by them) with my Classics to Moderns because it wouldn't stay open and after practicing a few pieces I was beginning to crack the binding. If I remember correctly, it was about 3-4 dollars to do it.

Christine

[Linked Image]
Has anyone tried "La profondita del buio". Here's a version on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HFRQQ4qsdI&feature=related

It has nice ethereal quality and some interesting dissonance.
Is this on one of his solo albums?

Last edited by 20thCenturyBoy; 04/07/10 09:15 AM.

Yamaha DGX-630
I think I'm going to learn Canzone popolare first.

I know he didn't write it, but it's on Le Onde and it's only one page long grin

Last edited by 20thCenturyBoy; 04/07/10 09:24 AM.

Yamaha DGX-630

I haven't tried "La profondita del buio," 20thCenturyBoy, but it is pretty indeed. (Of course, I think they're ALL pretty!) It's on Le Onde, by the way. So you can learn Canzone popolare first and then fade directly into La profondita. smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Still working on Le Onde here. In fact, most of the time I am sitting at the piano, I am working on Le Onde. I bet the family is tired of it by now, but they've got another 7 weeks of it before Public Recital Time.

It is where my ABF Recital pieces usually are when I turn them in... not the point where I can (or even have, once) played through error-free. But it is memorized, I am working on dynamics, and in particular, trying to attack the descending arpeggios, and build the ascending ones, to create that wavelike feel. I am finding the sheet music to be remarkably well annotated, and he seems to closely follow the dynamic and tempo markings in the studio version (IE, the one on the Le Onde CD). Or perhaps the other way 'round: maybe he played the piece, then added the dynamics to correspond with what he did. Either way, if I pay attention to what is written, and attack / build as I mentioned before, I am about 90% of the way there.

Question to y'all: what does "poco tratt." mean? In listening, it is hard to distinguish that from an "allargando", which, to my ears, is difficult to distinguish from your plain ole everyday ritardando.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/

Google tells me that 'poco tratt' means "holding back with a sustained quality, similar to ritartando." Not sure that illuminates things any more. laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ritardando it is. Just like allargando (which is supposed to indicate that I play "broadly", just not sure how to manage that).

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/

Truth be told, I just ignore the Italian and try to make it sound like the recording. [looks around guiltily whome ]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey,

I have been considering giving new age music a try. I've only played classical thus far, so I'm ignorant with how one goes about selecting a piece to learn. Generally, I would choose a classical piece based on a combination of something I wanted to learn from it (technique etc.), and also from liking how it sounds. Is that how you guys approach Einaudi music? Thanks,

[Linked Image]
Page 55 of 119 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission