2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, Barly, 1957, 10 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
OP Offline
W
I am a beginner piano player who recently purchased a yamaha ypg 635. I love the piano itself, i have only one drawback...i want it to be much louder! I was wondering what is the best way to hook it up to either an amplifier or pa system or even a voco pro karaoke system! Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated! thanks everyone! This is such a great place!

look for a thread about the logitec z-2300.

Roland FP7F
If it has a line out you can run a cable from that to your stereo or p.a. If not, you can run a cable from the headphone out to the stereo or p.a. I run my privia 120 to my p.a. from the headphone jack. Sounds great. You can get cables and adapters at your local radio shack. Just tell them what kind of jacks you're running from the dp to the p.a./stereo and they'll set you up.

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

The only thing nescessary for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing.
[Linked Image]
C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by wujekcity
I am a beginner piano player who recently purchased a yamaha ypg 635. I love the piano itself, i have only one drawback...i want it to be much louder!...

Here is what I just posted on the subject. Piano has a huge range. You want accurate not punchy bass and because yu tend to play mostly a few octaves around middle C. make sure the system does not cross over in that range.
My Sound System

W
OP Offline
W
can i run the ypg 635 through a good karaoke system? like a vocopro duet or better?

You can run it through anything that has the inputs to do so, but the quality of tone is going to depend on the quality of the unit you hook it to. I took a look at the Vocopro Duet online. IMHO you'll get better sound from the onboard speakers already present in your dp, but that's your call.

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

The only thing nescessary for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing.
[Linked Image]
S
S
Wujek,

Hi. I am new here as well.
I also have a Yamaha YPG-635, and I run the headphones out to a pair of M-Audio AV40's. You can get these for about $150 for the pair, and they sound GREAT! I don't know what your price range is, but I didn't want to spend more than $200 for speakers for a digital piano that already HAS speakers that I already paid for, heh.
But if this is your price range, you will be seriously challenged to find anything better, unless you buy something used. They are 20 watts apiece. Plenty of nice bass (a definite upgrade from the 635's onboard speakers) and the mids and highs are loud and crisp.) They come with all the wiring you could possibly need, even a cable to hook your mp3 player to auxilary in on the speakers so you can play along with your music. One problem I have noticed though" with headphones plugged in, the sound can still be heard faintly over the speakers. I returned them, and the replacement pair does the same thing. Oh well, I'll deal with it. Cuz it's nice to be able to play along with my mp3 player.
Good luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission