Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 203 of 233 < 1 2 ... 201 202 203 204 205 ... 232 233 >
Topic Options
#2220873 - 01/26/14 03:35 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Sand Tiger
On the other side, the dots and lines look so simple, so beginner-ish.

Take a look at virtually anything by Einaudi. It looks quite uninspired as rendered on the page. Even when there are sweeping arpeggios, it just appears to be so repetitive and uninteresting. And yet... it's very sophisticated and beautiful in its simplicity.

It was mostly the product of hitting piano keys for hours on end, until something sounded interesting enough to keep.

Have you checked out Bill Hilton's videos on YouTube? He has a lot of content about improvisation there that can be applied to song-writing as well. He's my favorite for learning applied music theory online.

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2220956 - 01/26/14 09:41 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: aTallGuyNH]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH

Maybe I need to tape one of these to the piano right at eye level:

I have a beanie baby snail who sits on the music desk to remind me to slow down, and a rooster to remind me that the best practice time is morning.

#2220972 - 01/26/14 10:37 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: aTallGuyNH]
Sand Tiger Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
On the other side, the dots and lines look so simple, so beginner-ish.

Take a look at virtually anything by Einaudi. It looks quite uninspired as rendered on the page. Even when there are sweeping arpeggios, it just appears to be so repetitive and uninteresting. And yet... it's very sophisticated and beautiful in its simplicity.

It was mostly the product of hitting piano keys for hours on end, until something sounded interesting enough to keep.

Have you checked out Bill Hilton's videos on YouTube? He has a lot of content about improvisation there that can be applied to song-writing as well. He's my favorite for learning applied music theory online.

ATallGuyNH, thanks for mentioning Bill Hilton. I have watched a couple of his videos. Most are a bit too advanced for me. I can follow what he is saying, but when I try to apply it, it usually becomes a jumble. Maybe after I get past my year two, I will have another run at the windmill.

For improvisation, or writing music, it comes back to trusting my ears. Feelings aren't facts. I might feel like my composition is simple, but for Tracks in the Snow, getting the subtle phrasing the way I want it, is not for true beginners. I've been playing music for a long time, so my ears are a bit better than the average new piano beginner, even if my technical skill is still very beginner-ish.

I did want to make the point to anyone reading about inspiration. Many want to wait for inspiration before writing music. In my case, that might come once a year. If I waited, I wouldn't write very much, and writing and then performing is the most rewarding thing for me. Being able to write without external inspiration is the craft side of songwriting and composition. For those that are rarely inspired, like me, focusing on the craft side is a huge step to competency.

Also on the plus side, there are certain elements that I use a lot, so I am developing my own style on piano. I see that as a significant achievement. For some, it takes many years of writing to find a style. Like I said, the new piece is yet another mile marker on my journey. I can see the progress as I look back at the other markers.

Edited by Sand Tiger (01/26/14 11:01 AM)

#2221045 - 01/26/14 06:35 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

ATallGuyNH, thanks for mentioning Bill Hilton. I have watched a couple of his videos. Most are a bit too advanced for me. I can follow what he is saying, but when I try to apply it, it usually becomes a jumble.

I'm the same way. Most of it is much too advanced for me, and I don't have the time to come up that particular learning curve at this point.

However...

I was thinking of one video in particular:

I had posted about this one last year. [Editorial note: this was one of my rare AOTW posts that was an actual achievement laugh ]

Unlike Bill's other videos where he's talking about a particular musical style, type of chord, progression, and so on -- this is down to the very most basic concepts. I found it to be extraordinarily helpful in opening up my mind (and fingers) to this world, without requiring a great deal of technical knowledge and terminology about music theory.

XXIX-XXXII

#2221066 - 01/26/14 07:08 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: jotur]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jotur
Being a dancer, keeping the pulse going was really my first priority.

This inspired a thought...

I think virtually all of us -- almost certainly during the very first stages of learning a piece/song -- start from the mindset of "I need to learn this sequence of notes".

How many people are taking an approach of "I need to learn this rhythm/pulse", where the exact notes and melody are of secondary importance? That would be very different, but for comp/pop it has a certain logic to it in order to emphasize the primacy of not breaking the flow.

XXIX-XXXII

#2221477 - 01/27/14 02:04 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
My achievement was to play for an audience - we had some rather special friends over for lunch- which was great fun!

and someone else played too.......

#2221508 - 01/27/14 03:07 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
My achievement was to play for an audience - we had some rather special friends over for lunch- which was great fun!

And Casinitaly played her Sonatina very nicely too! I enjoyed playing her lovely plano, and I maintained my MOYD as well. We had a great visit with Casinitaly and Mr. Casinitaly on our way back to Switzerland. They prepared a wonderful regional Italian lunch for us, which was delicious! We had great fun!

Working on:
Handel - Allemande in A Minor
Bach - Inv. #14
Beethoven - Sonata #79 2nd mvmt
Kuhlau op. 88 - 3

#2221526 - 01/27/14 03:48 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: aTallGuyNH]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
Quote:
quote from TG: How many people are taking an approach of "I need to learn this rhythm/pulse", where the exact notes and melody are of secondary importance?

I always focus on rhythm first and if playing it is within reach ... but the rhythm or beat is generally what attracts me to a new tune anyway.

Edited by Rerun (01/27/14 03:49 PM)

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

#2221540 - 01/27/14 04:12 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Cheryl and SwissMs - Thats great that you two could hook up for some playing time and lunch. thumb Way to go on the Sonatina C!!!

Estonia L190 #7284

#2221669 - 01/27/14 09:06 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: JimF
Cheryl and SwissMs - Thats great that you two could hook up for some playing time and lunch. thumb Way to go on the Sonatina C!!!

Awesome smile

Kawai K3

#2221723 - 01/28/14 01:25 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Originally Posted By: SwissMS

And Casinitaly played her Sonatina very nicely too! I enjoyed playing her lovely plano, and I maintained my MOYD as well. We had a great visit with Casinitaly and Mr. Casinitaly on our way back to Switzerland. They prepared a wonderful regional Italian lunch for us, which was delicious! We had great fun!

Wow it makes me jealous.
Cheryl, I will have to go to London at the end of March. I may just fly out there if you happened to be in town. I will let you know as soon as the date is confirmed. It's the nature of business trip. I don't know until a couple of weeks before.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2221731 - 01/28/14 02:13 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

smile We had a blast, truly!

FarmGirl it would be a pleasure to see you --- keep me posted on your dates because we may actually be in Switzerland at the end of March !

#2221748 - 01/28/14 04:19 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Rerun]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Very minor AOTW -- I found my "How To Play a Fake Book" fake book, which had been missing for several months, and was driving me crazy.

Where was it, you may (or maybe not) ask?

Click to reveal..
In Mabel's bench.

Who the heck put it there?!?

whome

Also...

Originally Posted By: Rerun
Quote:
quote from TG: How many people are taking an approach of "I need to learn this rhythm/pulse", where the exact notes and melody are of secondary importance?

I always focus on rhythm first and if playing it is within reach ... but the rhythm or beat is generally what attracts me to a new tune anyway.

Ok, so there is at least one, good to hear!

I'll have to consider thinking in this way on my next pop music arrangement (current one is too close to complete) -- i.e. just starting with the chords and then slowly adding elements of the melody. To date I have always started from the full version and then simplify to what sounds sufficient and is within my grasp. As a result, it's very "melody-centric" in terms of actually learning to play it. If I build from the ground up, I expect that it will be easier to be "pulse-centric".

XXIX-XXXII

#2221761 - 01/28/14 05:18 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
UKIkarus Offline

Loc: England, South East
Originally Posted By: JimF

Brilliant smile looks like you had a blast.

#2221780 - 01/28/14 08:02 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Oh boohoo! My lesson is cancelled! My teacher has injured his shoulder and can't drive (he lives about 30 km from here and comes in for about 6-7 hours worth of lessons).

Darn.

I know we'll make up the lesson, but that's not the point...It is one of the big highlights of my week and I'm a bit bummed out. frown

I have to say though, this is the first time in a year and a half he 's cancelled on the day. There were 2 lessons cancelled last year but they were planned absences and made up at the end of the year. My previous teacher was much less dependable.

#2221781 - 01/28/14 08:06 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: aTallGuyNH]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Also...

Originally Posted By: Rerun
Quote:

Ok, so there is at least one, good to hear!

I'll have to consider thinking in this way on my next pop music arrangement (current one is too close to complete) -- i.e. just starting with the chords and then slowly adding elements of the melody. To date I have always started from the full version and then simplify to what sounds sufficient and is within my grasp. As a result, it's very "melody-centric" in terms of actually learning to play it. If I build from the ground up, I expect that it will be easier to be "pulse-centric".

Hey TG, I've used Bill Hilton's vids along the way but he can be a bit hard for me to understand too.

Back to the rhythm thing, the big payoff for me was once you get a rhythm pattern down with that LH, your ears will recognize other tunes that you can use the pattern with or you can improvise your own melodies like Hilton was doing in that tape above ... and you can improvise on the pattern itself.

Here's a classic case of everyone on the planet knowing the melody, but for me it's getting over that rhythm hurdle that's the puzzle. This guy brings a few RH fingers into the pattern at about 0:30 on the tape ... at 1:17 he stumbled a bit (like I often do) then rescued it (like I often don't grin) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dhQYrHsdlU

#2221787 - 01/28/14 08:29 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

smile We had a blast, truly!

FarmGirl it would be a pleasure to see you --- keep me posted on your dates because we may actually be in Switzerland at the end of March !

thumb ... Hey, I don't know who invented fellowship, but I'm glad they did!

#2222614 - 01/29/14 02:48 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
torquenale Offline

This month I'm really busy because of work deadlines. So I'm always tired and my practice time dropped dramatically.
Nevertheless, yesterday during my lesson I finally got a pass on the Bach Sarabande; wonderful piece of music, but after more than six months I was a little bit sick of it!
AND during the last week or so my husband and I booked the flights and 3 nights in hotel in Lisboa fot the European Piano Party!

#2222993 - 01/30/14 08:30 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: torquenale]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
My AOTW- "that was MUCH better" from my teacher on my Joplin. Sweet words indeed, after last week's struggle! I played it at slow tempo for her with virtually no errors. I still have some slurs and pedaling nuances to work out, but my slow is finally slow enough! Now I am moving to half a measure slow, half fast, then reverse. Then alternate measures fast/slow, then the whole piece at tempo. I hope to get this one recorded in the next couple of weeks. It has been a good learning experience, and I am glad I decided to participate in the Joplin themed recital! This piece had a lot to teach me and it is fun!

Working on:
Handel - Allemande in A Minor
Bach - Inv. #14
Beethoven - Sonata #79 2nd mvmt
Kuhlau op. 88 - 3

#2223250 - 01/30/14 04:58 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Stubbie Offline

Loc: Midwest USA
I had my third lesson today. My initial impression is that we're a good match and she's working me on things I need work on. However, I can tell already that 30 minutes is NOT enough time. I'm doing these lessons through a local community college, so I don't have flexibility in lesson length and I'm also committed to a semester's worth of lessons, which should be about 10 more lessons. At some later point, if things are still clicking with us, I'll ask about private lessons with her (she teaches just one afternoon at the cc).

My AOTW: As expected,* I screwed up badly today on the first piece I played for her, but then managed to calm myself and play it through reasonably well. Not as good as at home, but definitely servicable. smile

Originally Posted By: Ragdoll
Expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed again.

#2223252 - 01/30/14 05:07 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
How nice to have a thread celebrating success. I have finished memorizing a Chopin waltz for the PC recital and today I played through it at about 3/4 speed. I wanted to get to this point early enough that I can go back to some other things I was working on. I just want to give it a break and come back in a week or two. Meanwhile I might polish something else to submit for the ABF quarterly. smile

#2223550 - 01/31/14 10:15 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Stubbie]
shaolin95 Offline

Originally Posted By: Stubbie
I had my third lesson today. My initial impression is that we're a good match and she's working me on things I need work on. However, I can tell already that 30 minutes is NOT enough time. I'm doing these lessons through a local community college, so I don't have flexibility in lesson length and I'm also committed to a semester's worth of lessons, which should be about 10 more lessons. At some later point, if things are still clicking with us, I'll ask about private lessons with her (she teaches just one afternoon at the cc).

My AOTW: As expected,* I screwed up badly today on the first piece I played for her, but then managed to calm myself and play it through reasonably well. Not as good as at home, but definitely servicable. smile

Originally Posted By: Ragdoll
Expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed again.

I hear you about 30 mins lessons. I am going to change to 1 hr even if I only do it half the times. I feel I will get more of one single hour lesson than 2x30mins.

And my achievement yesterday...finally finished learning the so called Moonlight Sonata 1st movement.
Now to work on making it mine and as best as I can perform it. smile

*Baldwin Hamilton Studio '67 (gone)

*Young Chang Y150 (Del F design) (gone)

#2223672 - 01/31/14 01:57 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

TallGuy - interesing links and ideas on improv. I'm not there yet but hope that as I move along this path I'll get to working on that some day!

Torquenale, it is sometimes really great to simply get a piece "off the list" so to speak! I'm delighted you and your family are booked for Lisbon!

SwissMS- I'm looking forward to hearing your Joplin!!

Stubbie- glad to hear things seem to be working out well with the teacher! That's great news.

Pathbreaker- I will be curious to see - or rather hear - what you play for the recital AND I look forward to hearing the Chopin waltz. I love Chopin waltzes

Shaolin: good for you - just one question -- why do you say the "so-called" Moonlight Sonata?

My AOTW is that I decided just to run through the whole sonatina which I had not played for about 10 days (I've only been playing the 3rd movment). I was astonished at how well it went! It just flew off my fingertips. Wow. I was so thrilled. I still can't do that consistently enough to feel confident about recording it all for the recital but I'll play it again after the tuner comes and record everything I do - who knows, I may get an acceptable recording of the whole thing!

#2223754 - 01/31/14 05:31 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
stubbie - sounds like this teacher might stick. Hope it continues to go well.

C - Thats good news about the sonatina. Isn't it nice to put something aside for a while and then find it HASN'T disappeared. To me, that means you have learned it well.

My AOTW is I got my piano tuned today. It sounds wonderful. Actually had only moved by a cent or two, so it is really holding its tune nicely. And he fixed an annoying little squeak that had crept into my sustain pedal.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2223846 - 01/31/14 07:58 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

TallGuy - interesing links and ideas on improv. I'm not there yet but hope that as I move along this path I'll get to working on that some day!

Torquenale, it is sometimes really great to simply get a piece "off the list" so to speak! I'm delighted you and your family are booked for Lisbon!

SwissMS- I'm looking forward to hearing your Joplin!!

Stubbie- glad to hear things seem to be working out well with the teacher! That's great news.

Pathbreaker- I will be curious to see - or rather hear - what you play for the recital AND I look forward to hearing the Chopin waltz. I love Chopin waltzes

Shaolin: good for you - just one question -- why do you say the "so-called" Moonlight Sonata?

My AOTW is that I decided just to run through the whole sonatina which I had not played for about 10 days (I've only been playing the 3rd movment). I was astonished at how well it went! It just flew off my fingertips. Wow. I was so thrilled. I still can't do that consistently enough to feel confident about recording it all for the recital but I'll play it again after the tuner comes and record everything I do - who knows, I may get an acceptable recording of the whole thing!

That's awesome, I hope you can repeat this when you do your recordings. I love the process of recording my progress, I only started doing this last fall and it's been really helpful.

It's been a really great time learning this Chopin waltz. I've never really played much Chopin and this is my first waltz. I think I will be doing more of these. smile

For the quarterly I really don't know what I will do. I have one piece that I know pretty well and another that I've struggled to play decently. I'm leaning towards recording the second one because I need to get an official record of it and honestly this is about as good as it's ever been. I need about a week to get a good recording of it, I think. Whatever comes out will have to do. I'm not going to mention what they are! ha

#2223943 - 02/01/14 12:40 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
shaolin95 Offline

Well, I have taken a lot of interest in learning about Beethoven's life watching documentaries, reading and even the Immortal Beloved movie. In a way, I am trying to learn about the character of the man behind the music so that when I perform one of his pieces I have a better idea of what is behind it.
Aside from the "small detail" of him being a genius, gifted musician and I am not being any where near that, I find many things that I share in common with him (which for sure I wont explain here lol). And as you probably know, I only said that since it was not the name given to the piece by Beethoven so I usually refer to it by the so called now when on a forum like this so that others dont jump on me to correct me laugh

Edited by shaolin95 (02/01/14 12:40 AM)

*Baldwin Hamilton Studio '67 (gone)

*Young Chang Y150 (Del F design) (gone)

#2224003 - 02/01/14 05:16 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Jim, isn't it lovely to have your piano freshly tuned? My tuner is coming today! I can't wait!!
(I should also note that my husband asked how often I have it tuned "4 times a year" to which I replied..."Well I'd like to do it that often, but I have it done twice a year". To which HE replied..."Well, as you're playing more now, maybe you should have it done more". I love this man smile

Pathbreaker - try to resist the temptation to get a "perfect" recording. You can drive yourself insane!!! Give yourself a number and say - ok--- I'll take the best of 5. I find that if I keep working to get a better rendition I inevitably end up making more and more mistakes as I go on.

Shaolin, I really doubt anyone here would jump on you for that. Everyone here generally does call it the Moonlight -- just like some of Chopin's works are referred to as the "Raindrop" etc. I confess that until I joined this forum I had no idea that the names were given by other people, not the composers, --- live and learn! (Now if you posted in the Pianist Corner, it is quite possible that someone would feel the need to correct you - they are a different kettle of fish ! )

#2224027 - 02/01/14 06:28 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
My AOTW is probably the same for a few of us. I managed to make a recording for the recital without too many problems. Yes there was a few takes but happy how quick and painless it was. Must be getting used to the camera or as I suspect my piece was leaned months ago and only needed a bit of spit and polish.

#2224353 - 02/01/14 07:25 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Pathbreaker - try to resist the temptation to get a "perfect" recording. You can drive yourself insane!!! Give yourself a number and say - ok--- I'll take the best of 5. I find that if I keep working to get a better rendition I inevitably end up making more and more mistakes as I go on.

You're right, I usually have trouble letting go. But I won't be able to record it for about a week because it will take that long for me to get it back in my fingers. It's memorized but I haven't really been playing it lately.

#2224398 - 02/01/14 09:18 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Pathbreaker]
Sand Tiger Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
ATallGuyNH, I watched that Bill Hilton video about beginner irmprovisation. It has some good information, thank you.

SwissMS and CasinItaly, I'm sure it was exciting to visit. I am a bit spoiled by the number of musicians that I know locally.

Week 99: I do some more recording. Like almost everyone, it is a frustating process. I continue with the Mozart Coursera, and start a new one on songwriting taught by Pat Pattison at Berklee College of Music. The songwriting course makes a lot more sense and has much more potential for application for me, than the Mozart class. The homework for the Pattison course is another matter. I am used to just dashing off a song without giving much thought to the structure or grammar. I never liked grammar, so it will be a hurdle for me.

I am picking up bits and pieces from the Singapore University Mozart class, but much is beyond my playing skill, and the notation and jargon are difficult for me to follow. Slow exposure to the jargon is how I tend to learn. I know folks that intuitively understand all the jargon, but I am not one of them.

Page 203 of 233 < 1 2 ... 201 202 203 204 205 ... 232 233 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering for "Wind (Naruto)" excerpt
by longyodel127
52 minutes 35 seconds ago
A tune I wrote last night
by Arizona Sage
Today at 05:20 PM
Refusing "Every Other" week lesson
by ezpiano.org
Today at 05:09 PM
Undecided in an upgrade - Kawai MP7 vs CE220
by Giancarlo Robles
Today at 04:32 PM
Kawai Console
by landorrano
Today at 03:48 PM
Who's Online
156 registered (accordeur, analarana, Al LaPorte, ajames, 88 Fingers Jeff, acortot, 40 invisible), 1353 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76233 Members
42 Forums
157587 Topics
2314737 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission