Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 225 of 230 < 1 2 ... 223 224 225 226 227 229 230 >
Topic Options
#2291931 - 06/19/14 05:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Jeremy SA Offline

Loc: Durban, South Africa
@Tararex
Great story, it is no wonder you are so chuffed.

I took my digital piano to my grandmother's so she could hear me play.
She broke down in tears, she was so happy there was someone to continue the music in the family as she sang soprano solos in the choir many decades ago, she was good enough to be on the radio a few times during church broadcasts.

It felt good to make her proud, even though the pieces are easy.

Started learning in March 2014
Alfred's Basic Adult All-in-one Book 1

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2291940 - 06/19/14 06:27 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Tararex]
UKIkarus Offline

Loc: England, South East
Originally Posted By: Tararex
I have a teacher!

My first ever real piano lesson was this afternoon. Earlier via phone teacher had asked that I bring in some music I had been toying with - but I decided to go in empty handed and ask that we start from the beginning.

I learned more in 30 minutes about posture, relaxation, positioning, hand rotation, etc... than I could have thought possible in that span of time. Now assigned the C scale with correct fingering and Bach Musette in D - which I incorrectly thought I knew how to play. eek

Small talk on leaving - she mentioned most of her students are kids who don't want to be there and don't last long. I laughed and replied "Well, I want to play Liszt - so you'll have me as a student for quite a while." She reaches over and picks up a picture of herself as a young woman seated next to an older man and asks "Have you ever heard of Emil von Sauer?" I nod yes.

She continues, "This was my teacher at the Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria. He was taught by Von Sauer. Guess what, you're in the school of Liszt."

Yeah, "stoked" doesn't even come close.

Haha, great story, promising indeed smile

#2292145 - 06/19/14 02:21 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: wimpiano]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
@wimpiano

Thank you sir. Appreciate it much, I'm quite excited to begin.

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2292146 - 06/19/14 02:23 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: jotur]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:

Yea, Ragdoll! Hope you're off on an exciting journey!

Thanks Cathy, yes I'm very excited to have found this opportunity and to take advantage of it within months.

#2292150 - 06/19/14 02:27 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: aTallGuyNH]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted By: Ragdoll

I have a teacher again YAY!

::: doin' the Snoopy Happy Dance:::

Yay!

Here's hoping there are no humans around to rain on your parade, as it were:

Thanks TallGuy, I'm pretty hard to discourage, big umbrella and a hardy carapace donchaknow grin

#2292290 - 06/19/14 06:37 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Tararex Offline

Loc: Middle Georgia, USA
SwissMs, you've got moxie. Congratulations!

RagDoll, I know exactly how you're feeling now. Yay!

And thank you so much Earlofmar and others.

You too Whizbang - that's why I decided to start from scratch. Starting up the ladder from the first rung should keep the bruising to a minimum. So...Who's having the family reunion this year cousin?

Jeremy, Wonderful! I'm a grandmom and I'm proud of you too!

============

I live in a medium-small town in the middle of nowhere, GA. I was worried about finding a teacher at all let alone one with mad credentials.

I'd like to highlight what a shock to the system a professional teacher is after almost three years of self teaching. I discovered within minutes I know nothing at all about technique. By the end of the lesson my book-only limitations were patently obvious. I'm not saying self teaching is certain to fail as I enjoyed plunking away these past few years. I can "play" a number of pieces to okay standards. But that's all. I want more and that necessitates a teacher who knows the subject. Everyone here who says "get a teacher", well add one more to the consensus.

#2293221 - 06/21/14 11:13 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sand Tiger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Another big week for this thread. Congratulations to so many. Thanks for the many interesting stories.

Week 119: I attend a concert featuring the Allant Trio, Beth Nam on piano, Anna Park on violin, Alina Lin on cello. All three have advanced degrees from Julliard. They perform some Haydn, Dvorak, and Murphy (modern) and get a couple of standing ovations from the crowd.

My piano week is on the quiet side. I practice and compose every day. On some days it is less than the hour that I aim for each day. It is mostly the same two pieces that I've been working on for a while, my new original Between Raindrops, and Killing Me Softly.

#2293241 - 06/22/14 12:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Silver Keys Online   content

Loc: Upstate N.Y.
Great story, Tararex. I've seen the "get a teacher" advice given many times, but never with a personal revelation such as yours. I hope to see you contribute the next time we see a "should I get a teacher thread"!

Me: I'm back to working on on Fur Elise after giving it a two month rest while I was busting my hump getting a place ready for a tenant. My achievement is that after playing the first section, my teacher said "that was wonderful; Horowitz couldn't have done any better." I actually felt like a pianist walking out of that lesson!
Yamaha P155

#2293320 - 06/22/14 08:19 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Who remembers Shel Silverstein's Melinda Mae?

The Dm Toccata is perhaps progressing more quickly than that; I predict that I will finish it in less than 89 years. My AOW was finally realizing that my teacher and the Alfred's editors are not completely out of their minds for assigning it and placing it in Alfred-3.

Still, it's plenty slow; I'm just taking a few lines each week.

#2293376 - 06/22/14 11:18 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
alans Offline

Last night I started to learn Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins. It is perfect for the style of music I love to play,slow and lush and very sentimental.i'm planning to go to the library this week to pick up some more easy piano broadway books.i find it really helps to play tunes that are already familiar in my head.
This morning first thing I worked on my new tune.i'm very excited about it. I plan to work it really well before I bring it to my teacher.

#2293773 - 06/23/14 08:43 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Malkin,

Quote:
...just taking a few lines each week

Nah, that's not so slow. I've just spent two weeks on essentially one measure of my recently started Debussy piece. Now, that's plenty slow. yawn cry

Estonia L190 #7284

#2293812 - 06/23/14 10:24 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
SwissMS Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Ragdoll - I am happy that you found a teacher that you are pleased with. My fingers are crossed for you that this one works out better! The right teacher makes all the difference.

Tarex- interesting story of your teacher's lineage. It sounds like she has a lot to teach you!

SilverKeys- Great praise from your teacher! It is nice to get positive feedback to let you know you are on track.

malkin - I remember that Dm Toccata from the Alfred 3 book. It is major finger puzzle, but once it clicks it will go together fast!

Well, I thought I was off to a swift start on my new Villa-Lobos piece (Samba Lele), but it seems I have some more foundation work to do. We spend 1/2 my lesson today getting the gestures on a four note phrase correct. Sometimes I think my brain and my fingers simply have a disconnect. It looks so simple when my teacher does it, but it doesn't consistently sound the same when I do it, and my left calf muscle tries to help. Seems tension will squirt out somewhere and my teacher spots it every time. So, my assignment this week, is to get this single phrase relaxed and correctly choreographed. So, I guess my AOTW is recognising that sometimes you don't know what you don't know until your teacher points it out!

Working on:
Handel - Allemande in A Minor
Bach - Inv. #14
Beethoven - Sonata #79 2nd mvmt
Kuhlau op. 88 - 3

#2293835 - 06/23/14 11:28 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Originally Posted By: SwissMS
...Sometimes I think my brain and my fingers simply have a disconnect.

Sometimes it seems like they are deliberately not speaking to each other, doesn't it?!

...my left calf muscle tries to help. Seems tension will squirt out somewhere...

I love how you put this!

So, I guess my AOTW is recognising that sometimes you don't know what you don't know until your teacher points it out!

And that's why we pay 'em the big bucks, isn't it?!

#2293980 - 06/23/14 05:18 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Tararex]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
RagDoll, I know exactly how you're feeling now. Yay!

It's a very good feeling for certain. I have been teacherless (except for short trials) for nearly 10 months now. AND it really shows!! smile

Looks like you have acquired a good one as well YAY for you too!

#2293983 - 06/23/14 05:24 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ragdoll - I am happy that you found a teacher that you are pleased with. My fingers are crossed for you that this one works out better! The right teacher makes all the difference.

Oh thank you SwissMS so am I. I had my first session with her Friday; it was both delightful and humbling. I had nearly forgotten how valuable a good teacher is. She is a former music teacher and a has very good way/style at the piano. Theory/harmony/technique... the whole enchilada. I think it will be an exciting ride. I'm inspired again. laugh

#2293988 - 06/23/14 05:33 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: malkin]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
So, I guess my AOTW is recognising that sometimes you don't know what you don't know until your teacher points it out!

And sometimes I don't know what I think I do know until I do it for my teacher and I realize that's why I need a teacher. ha
blush

#2293995 - 06/23/14 05:48 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

SwissMs,

Quote:
and my left calf muscle tries to help. Seems tension will squirt out somewhere

Isn't it weird how that happens? Same thing with the toes on my left foot...sometimes I realize they are all scrunched up like a fist....often happens when I have worked hard to get hands to relax on a difficult passage. Weirdo piano stuff happens!

Estonia L190 #7284

#2294702 - 06/25/14 07:23 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
I spent the week in Toronto at a conference (Media Ecology) and presenting a paper there could be considered an accomplishment. Making the bus tour to Niagara Falls was spectacular but probably not an accomplishment. I'd never seen the falls up close and personal and their power and beauty cannot be denied. We arrived home at 5:15 and the piano party (my teacher's adult group) was scheduled for 7PM. I knew I could choose not to show up or to show up and not play but a commitment is a commitment. I arrived at her house at 630 and she let me run through my piece (Soaring by American composer Jennifer Linn) to warm up. I played my contribution and it went very well...I hardly noticed my own mistakes. I also played a duet with a fellow student that we'd been practicing but we had never played it together. We started and ended together and had fun making music. Then after an evening of contemporary music (our theme for this party) we drank wine and enjoyed the moment.

Love to learn

#2294714 - 06/25/14 07:58 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
wimpiano Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
My AOTW is just having a blast playing and my teacher being impressed! Pedal work keeps improving. I will try to make another recording for the piano bar.

#2295254 - 06/26/14 10:06 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Jeremy SA]
Chrisl Online   content

Loc: Chicago, IL
I've reached half way thru my first piano book, Agay's Joy of First Yr Piano! I don't think I'll move as quickly thru this latter part...it's getting hard! ;))

#2295498 - 06/26/14 08:17 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
I've completed acquisitions and have very nearly completed all final preparations for EPP 2014-Lisbon. I've been on pins and needles since booking, and the wait has been brutal. But, we are very near now. I'll put in a half day of work tomorrow, lock down the fort over the weekend and meet up with my EPP friends on their side of the pond, Tuesday morning. The official EPP date is July 5th.

I'll be playing Bach. Hence the JS Bach Superstar, Avatar for a few weeks smile .

My recital piece is like a well worn shoe now. I think a couple of days rest before the EPP will be just fine. I may take up surfing. I understand they have some of the best in the world not far from Lisbon.

I'm thrilled to be participating. And very pleased to be welcomed. I will be the only foreigner (non-European) participating at the EPP this year.

#2295623 - 06/27/14 02:42 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
As always, I follow the news - I have the topic forwarded to my email and I read all the entries - I just don't have time to reply much.

These days my ATOW is simply keeping up MOYD and some days it has been a close call!

I'm finishing up the school year, doing scheduled make-up lessons, final reports, turning my office into a guestroom for my sister and niece who will arrive in a couple of weeks, and preparing for the EPP!

Greener---- my husband and I may live in Europe, but we're still Canadians smile
Looking forward to meeting you!

#2295685 - 06/27/14 08:37 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
barbaram Online   content

I'm making good progress on my Chopin nocturne, and really enjoying the process.
I'm breaking it into small chunks and the effort on each section really pays off as it comes together. So I suppose my AOTW is about adopting a good process and seeing that pay dividends.
There are a number of areas with really tricky rhythms that I haven't got my head around yet (11 against 3, 9 against 4 etc), I think for those I will need to work notes and rhythm separately (NOT an approach I usually take!).

I'm intrigued at how poor I am at judging how easy or difficult a piece of music will be for me to learn just from the sheet music. The Chopin looks incredibly intimidating to me on the score but once I decode it, it turns out to be more achievable than it first appeared. The Bach 2 part invention I am polishing meanwhile was so deceptively simple on the page and I totally underestimated the challenge it turned out to be for me to learn.

Tararex and Ragdoll - great that you have found teachers. I'm trying to work out what to do when my teacher emigrates shortly. It's difficult for me to commit to a set time every week. My current teacher is unusually flexible, I'm not sure I'll manage to find another like that!

Jeremy SA, what a beautiful experience to play for your grandmother. It must have brought her so much joy.

WiseBuff, your conference sounds fascinating and well done heading straight to the piano party after your trip

Good luck Greener, Casinitaly and all who are lucky enough to be attending the EPP in Lisbon. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for everyone.

#2295815 - 06/27/14 02:10 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: barbaram]
Greener Offline

Originally Posted By: barbaram

Good luck Greener, Casinitaly and all who are lucky enough to be attending the EPP in Lisbon. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for everyone.

Thank you, Barbaram for the kind words.

Originally Posted By: barbaram

I'm intrigued at how poor I am at judging how easy or difficult a piece of music will be for me to learn just from the sheet music. The Chopin looks incredibly intimidating to me on the score but once I decode it, it turns out to be more achievable than it first appeared. The Bach 2 part invention I am polishing meanwhile was so deceptively simple on the page and I totally underestimated the challenge it turned out to be for me to learn.

Me too. My observation now is, Chopin looks hard and often is. Bach is always hard. Sometimes impossible.

If you look up the Sonata Analysis thread and post a query, or just a cry for help, there are plenty of people who can help you with the Nocturne. If it's the famous no. 9 in Eb, I've been there, but have no idea how to describe anything that may help. Best of luck.

#2295849 - 06/27/14 04:13 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Tararex and Ragdoll Nice to hear you both found teachers that look like keepers. My teacher recently took a few weeks off for vacation...left me lost on a fingering issue that came up. It sure is nice to have that trusted mentor you can turn to whenever there are questions.

Chrisl
Quote:
I've reached half way thru my first piano book, Agay's Joy of First Yr Piano! I don't think I'll move as quickly thru this latter part...it's getting hard! wink
Yep. There's quite a distance from "First Serenade" to the pieces toward the end like "Dance with a Mosquito". So you should be congratulated for getting to the back half of the book. Well done!

Greener Hey, don't keep us in suspense...What are you going to play? I'm sure you and C will rep this side of the pond in high style.

Cheryl MOYD really does work wonders, doesn't it? Funny thing, sometimes when real busy and just able to get in minimal MOYD practice I will pick really extra small things to work on...like two or three beats that have an awkward fingering or just feel wrong or tense for some reason....Invariably that part will later turn out to be the rock solid part of my piece. Hmmmmmmm.

Barbaram
Quote:
The Chopin looks incredibly intimidating to me on the score but once I decode it, it turns out to be more achievable than it first appeared. The Bach 2 part invention I am polishing meanwhile was so deceptively simple on the page and I totally underestimated the challenge it turned out to be for me to learn.
Same for me. Sometimes the real dense scores turn out to be a little hard to read, but fairly easy under ones hand. Bach......not so much....polyphony is just plain hard. Oh, and Bach Chorales?....yeah, dense, hard to read, and 4 part polyphony. Yikes!

Estonia L190 #7284

#2295858 - 06/27/14 04:40 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Microdot Offline

Just ordered my first digital piano and looking forward to starting my piano journey once it arrives on Monday :-)

Got to start somewhere ....

#2295860 - 06/27/14 04:47 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
dynamobt Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
I visited and posted in AOTW when the thread first started. And then, the participants increased and I couldn't keep a handle on who to congratulate when and for what. I think I lost out. As the thread has flourished.

And now I find myself experiencing a huge leap in my piano endeavors that I want to share. Well, this here seems the place to do it. I hope I can catch up with what's going on with people and can contribute more than I did at the beginning.

Me and Mozart have a history. My first and only attempt to learn Mozart nearly ended in repetetive strain injury in my hands. So many notes. The tempo way faster than I could achieve. I got very frustrated too.

So now enter my new teacher. Who, after my discoveries this week, I believe to be a genius!! She's had me start on the Andante movement of K545. The C Major Sonata. Often called the easiest. But, that's why it is perfect. I got past figuring notes pretty quickly. And what was left was turning my attention to just how my fingers met the keys. Here's where Mitsuko Uchida came in too. Talk about wringing the most out of every note!! Well, part of my practice has been playing along with Ms Uchida as I play the right hand part. The whole process has been eyeopening. I'm thinking much more how I play each note than every before. Mozart's music is so transparent that the focus becomes how to make the music the most beautiful. And in trying to do that, I've begun to play in an entirely new way. The care and attention that goes into striking each note is intense. The concentration it takes to play this way is something else. But it's also very gratifying. The study of piano is certainly about striking the corect notes. But beyond that is an entirely new realm of study in how the pianist affects the shaping of each note played on the piano.

The key words my teacher left me with at my last lesson was to try and approach playing as if I was playing a "forte' piano". Well, it is amazing what a few carefully chosen words can do for changing ones pianistic exerience. As I say. My teacher is a genius!!

#2295867 - 06/27/14 05:02 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

While my teacher was away I got a good start on the new post-recital pieces. Ran into a fingering question about fifteen measures into the Debussy. Rather than push on through and maybe have to redo it later, I chose to put it hands together and really work the toughest measures. That turned out nicely as I was able to play that first section on her return last Tuesday. Also I played the first of the Ravel duets with her without us ever trying it together before. My first duet and it was fun! The second one we are doing (Entretiens de la Belle et de la BÍte) is a little more substantial and will take quite a bit more effort...but the music is so nice.

I also was able to revive the second movement of Mozart K545 which I had not touched in the two months leading up to the recital. It took about 10 days to get it to where it had been, which was less time than I expected, plus I feel like I've got a better perspective on it now for some reason. I played it at my lesson and she said she never heard me play it that well...that got a big smile from me! Maybe that is just what Richard(zrtf90) calls seasoning? Now working on getting back the start I had made on the First Movement of the same piece.

I have also decided to somewhat systematically start reviving a few much older pieces on a regular basis, starting with the famous aria from Tosca that I did as my first recital four years ago. Considering at least one Chopin revival (either the A minor Waltz or one of the preludes) and bringing back Beethoven's Moonlight from last summer.

This may sound like a lot, but I've stopped giving myself deadlines, so I can let it all unfold as it will. Just keep chipping away and trying to not practice any one thing more than twenty or thirty minutes at a time.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2295870 - 06/27/14 05:11 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: dynamobt]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Welcome back Dynamobt!! You don't have to comment....many of us do so only when time allows. Your teacher sounds wonderful and what you say about focusing intensely on the sound of each note is so true.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2295879 - 06/27/14 05:42 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Greener Offline

Originally Posted By: JimF

Greener Hey, don't keep us in suspense...What are you going to play?

Hi Jim, well it is no secret as it is public information on the EPP thread. More precisely though it is officially Bach/Hess, not Bach. As Bach did not write it for piano. Hess did. It is the Chorale from Cantata 147 that I recorded previously. Does it still count as one of those 4 part poly things, if Hess wrote it?

It is not technically difficult and not really very difficult to play overall anymore. However, it always requires intense concentration to play correctly as there are subtle differences throughout the repetitions.

Anyway, thanks for asking. It has been a fair bit of work to get this work presentable again and it always varies from performance to performance. Especially on a strange piano and in the presence of warm bodies, I'm sure.

~~~~~

Good for you dynamobt. Sounds like you have done well with your new teacher. best ...

Page 225 of 230 < 1 2 ... 223 224 225 226 227 229 230 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (ajames, aesop, accordeur, Anne'sson, 39 invisible), 1674 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75883 Members
42 Forums
156800 Topics
2304013 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Looking for an Android App....
by Ohio_Mark
08/20/14 09:17 AM
Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues
by kobethuy
08/20/14 02:00 AM
Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues
by kobethuy
08/20/14 01:33 AM
My Steinway M birth information.
by ciftwood
08/19/14 08:30 PM
Breathy tone
by JoelW
08/19/14 07:59 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission