Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 98 of 230 < 1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 229 230 >
Topic Options
#1967046 - 09/30/12 07:47 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Luna Offline

Loc: Rhode Island (USA)
FarmGirl, I can't do both (sing and play) simultaneously either but I'd love to be able to. That's definitely something to work toward.

JimF, now opera and piano....that would really be something!! smile

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1967169 - 10/01/12 03:18 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I practiced a lot today and enjoying last a few min of the weekend with the forum:)

I am also planning to have the 1st piano party in my house in January. The date is not set yet but I do have one Piano world participant. My new teacher said she would come. A few of my friends as well. I am going to start PM'ing those who live in Arizona and seems to be active in the forum. Everyone in the forum is welcome to my humble abode. I will make pizza and other finger food. I would like to create safe and non-intimidating performance opportunities for all of us adults beginners / re-starters. I will post it as a separate thread in the forum as soon as I got the date confirmed. I am looking forward to it. Let me know by PM if you would like to attend. I will send out contact information.

Edited by FarmGirl (10/01/12 03:21 AM)
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#1967209 - 10/01/12 08:13 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
I played last night at my teacher's relatively informal "adult recital practice" session. That's something they set up in the last year to try to get adults (and older, more advanced children) performing in front of their peers more regularly. Anyway, I finally managed to give a creditable performance of the Rameau so I think we can check that off the list now. Phew! (Well, need to get a reasonable recording too.)

So on to newer pieces ...

Kawai K3

#1967216 - 10/01/12 08:35 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
That's great Andy! I think it is good to play music with others- helps build up confidence. I am fortunate in that I have a friend who plays violin ( and is also learning viola and cello) so she comes to hear me play and brings her violin. I am going to be working on making some little tunes - chord based so we can sort of jam together. My Piano is a semitone down from concert pitch ( being antique) so she has to tune her violin down a bit and if I prepare something first makes it easier.
You are doing well with your playing learning Chopin and Rameau.
How long have you b een playing the piano?

Edited by EdwardianPiano (10/01/12 08:36 AM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1967522 - 10/01/12 08:30 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
CebuKid Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I know the week ain't over, but just wanted to share with everyone my new-found enthusiasm. smile

I sort of *quit* piano this year - not really quit, but just stopped learning new stuff. I tried maintaining a bit of my rep. though, so I can still play on command a few things...

Anywho....I FINALLY finished "learning all the notes" on Bach Invention 1!!! I worked on this piece on and off (mostly off during 2012) for over a year, and learned the notes on the last 6 measures this past week (3 this past weekend). I really put the "pedal to the metal" ---- LOL, even though you never pedal the inventions...get it?? ----- sorry, bad piano joke --- this past week and crammed the 6 measures in. The whole piece is now memorized!! (woo hoo).

It's nice to be *into* piano again, though...it's almost like an old buddy that I've neglected for months...but...the layoff has done me well. I have a new plan and goals and find myself thinking about piano again. smile

PS-EdwardianPiano: I like your avatar dude. grin

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

#1967587 - 10/02/12 12:14 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Hi all,

I message this forum a quite while ago. This year I went to the cookery school. But I was so busy studying. There was almost no time to play piano. Let alone to read this forum.

Finally, this week is my LAST week of school!!

I can play and study piano again!! WooHooo!!

I'm very excited!! And I can read the forum again too. smile

Anyway, this summer I tried to do some scales for the first time. Well, I found them too boring, so to make it more interesting I tried some chopin op 10 no 12 fingering at a very low speed.

I asked my teacher if she could learn me that piece at a speed ten times lower or so. And to my surprise she said yes! I can't believe I'm allowed to study this piece! I love my teacher! smile

Well, now I almost know the notes of the first page and almost succeed to do them to play in time. The chords are so beautiful. Can't wait to let my teacher hear my progress.

My hands are slow, but luckily big enough to make the piece not really impossible. Pfewww....

Playing since May 02 2009

#1967600 - 10/02/12 01:20 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
IreneAdler Offline

Loc: Washington
My enlightened moment was yesterday. I sat down to practice "Moonlight" and was treated to a glorious full moon right out the window to my left.
Now after two months of practice the piece it sounding like a whole piece not simply measures 8-32 sounding good, but wonderously whole. I was playing it from the begining and the sound was so bewitching I was entranced by it and I lost my focus around the 38th measure and missed the next note, came back to reality. At that momemt all those hours spent working on a single measure, attempting to understand it, was worth a thousand times over...

#1967620 - 10/02/12 02:46 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]

Hello again Paperclip, it's nice to see your post! I think you gotta buy yourself a gift to celebrate for your graduation from the school. I suggest 24 recipes for chopin 24 etudes since you are a chef and studying Chopin Etude. Here's link in Amazon ... http://www.amazon.com/Chez-Chopin-24-Etudes-Recipes/dp/B004YP3TZK
I cannot remember what dish was for op 10 - 12. Anyway, it's a fun book.

Andy, congratulations for playing well. I am jealous for your situation!! what a wonderful teacher who gives so much performance opportunities. i have to create my own opportunities - i am trying to set up a piano party now in my house since there is no opportunity for me to play for others.

Cebukid - It's a great accomplishment to get the notes for your first (i am guessing) invention down. I love every one of them.

Irene - Sounds like you are having an awesome time. Experiences like this make us see where life and beauty abound.. Cool

Luna and Jim F, could there be an opera duo?

Edwardian - It's nice to have someone to play with. I think you will be recording a duet very soon

My achievement is being able to play through the f minor prelude from WTC Book II. My teacher said that we would move to the fugue - I am so excited. i love this particular fugue. Brahms piece is going well as well. I like it so much I am now thinking that i might do the whole Op 118.. (just kidding), may be a couple more. I love short pieces like this. I am so happy that I don't need to do Chopin Ballade #1. My old teacher told me that I should try but I knew I would not be able to handle it at this time. I do not like to do anything so way over my level. I could do it if I spend a whole year - but it's not fun to do the same piece for a whole year... at least it's not for me. For Chopin, we will do an Etude Op 10 #3. It would be difficult but it would not kill me like the Ballade would have (LOL).
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#1967709 - 10/02/12 09:58 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: EdwardianPiano
How long have you been playing the piano?

I taught myself as a teen, but just playing from fake books and the like. That was a few decades ago. 2 1/2 years ago I decided to improve and wanted to play classical pieces so I started lessons. So I had a running start at it.

Kawai K3

#1967744 - 10/02/12 12:04 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
PaperClip and Cebukid, welcome back! It is great to see you here again and to know you're having fun with piano!

Farm Girl, sounds like you are really rolling along making great progress with your new teacher. I think it is so wonderful you'll be having a Piano Party! I wish I were closer so I could join you!

Andy -congrats on the Rameau!

Liz Anne - learning things that seem "basic" are fundamental - we all have to learn them at some point (and some of us have to take a step backwards because we missed the concept the first time around! ) All steps, even baby ones - are fun to be enthusiastic about!

Valencia - how great you were able to record for a friend, I bet she loved that!

Luna- it would be splendid to hear your singing...and in a Puccini piece played by JimF ! Well, how cool would that be!??

Piano Deb, glad you're happy with your tuning. I hope to have mine sorted out soon!

Irene - what a marvelous experience! You created a fantastic image in my mind!

I had my second lesson with the new teacher today. He was quite pleased with what I'd been able to achieve this past week and had some interesting suggestions for bringing out the "poetry" of the pieces, giving them a fuller, richer sound.
I really like the way he speaks and explains things and I feel on cloud nine with renewed enthusiasm !

#1968206 - 10/03/12 11:52 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
piano_deb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Memphis, TN
CebuKid, welcome back! I've dropped out before, so I know how wonderful it can be to return to the bench with energy and excitement.

PaperClip, congratulations on completing your cookery school program — and welcome back to PW! Your teacher sounds wonderful.

FarmGirl, great to hear of your continued progress.

Cas, fantastic to hear that your lessons with your new teacher are going so well. The right person can be so motivating!

My accomplishment this week is mostly mental. It comes down to focusing on the details of timing and dynamics during my practice *and* while playing during my lessons. After some rather sloppy playing in front of my teacher yesterday, I realized how much I'm impeding my own progress. So I'll be working on focus and consistency over the next two weeks at home and through my next lesson. We'll see how it goes. smile

#1968260 - 10/03/12 02:30 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
bessel Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA

Greetings everyone... it's been a long time since I've posted. It's good to come back and read how you are all doing...

I've been practicing less the last few months (because of... life), and dropped lessons altogether since my teacher's health went bad and is off in a care facility, probably for good. But, I never stopped practicing (nearly daily, even if for only 15 minutes)... I've managed to polish Schumann's "Happy Farmer Returning from Work" and learn and almost polish his "Wild Horseman". (Note: by "polish" I mean "can play through at speed with few errors but probably lacking a lot in the finer points". smile

Now I'm working on Fur Elise, which I can finally play through with some (serious) hiccups, but I've got it all memorized and roughly under the fingers... It's really fun to work on, but I'm sure it'll be months before it's fluid.

These were all things that my teacher had started me on, given me the fingering for... soon I'll be starting off into the unknown and begin a piece without "supervision". smile I think this is healthy for me, and that I'll be happy without lessons for a while, which is why I haven't tried to find a new teacher. Not having that weekly session both motivating practice and giving rapid feedback certainly has made my progress slower... but I don't feel it's made the journey less enjoyable, yet.

And FarmGirl, I'm jealous of the Arizonian's who get to go to your piano party - sounds like a blast!

#1968276 - 10/03/12 03:23 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]

Cad and Pianodeb
Thank you for the kind words

Bessel - I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you are back.

My piano party update - it will be in Jan 2013. I wanted have in Nov but was advised to avoid year-end social seasons. I have 4 piano world forum members including myself and my teacher who has DMA & teaches at a comm college. I also have two friend who play the piano. So that'll be 7 pianists:). I'm very happy about it. If you are going to come to AZ for sun, let me know. We still have some room. It will be a great night for music, food, drinks and conversation. I will put a formal post as soon as I confirm the date.

#1968280 - 10/03/12 03:37 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Quote:
I feel on cloud nine with renewed enthusiasm !

It is nice to see you back on track, C. I have a feeling you are really going to flourish with this new teacher.

Meanwhile, I've had a few frustrating weeks where I can't seem to get much done despite putting in the normal hours. I was beating myself up a bit till I realized that I've got three pieces going that are all at least somewhat above what I would call "my level" (whatever that is). Anyway, I'm trying to be kinder and gentler with myself this week, as well as narrowing the focus of my practice each day. Seems to be working so far.

Estonia L190 #7284

#1968283 - 10/03/12 03:50 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
dbush2765 Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
I was finally able to finish learning "Words Left Unsaid" by David Nevue. I'm self-taught and only have a little over a year under my belt, first 6 months of which I hardly played at all.

I remember listening to this song a few weeks ago and thinking it'd be ages before I learned it. It ain't perfect yet, but it's getting there.
Now to move on to trying to finish learning "Monday" by Ludovico >_<

#1968334 - 10/03/12 05:21 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
It's been too long since I've checked in here! Work has been very busy, and my daughter just made a big move to Austin, TX. *sob* I've managed to keep up with practicing every day, but haven't been able to keep up with PW. So it's so nice to see everyone's accomplishments again.

FarmGirl, a piano party sounds like so much fun. I thought that if Arizona were close to Texas, I could fit in a trip to your party while visiting my daughter. But I just looked at a map. frown The Southwest is a pretty big area, isn't it? You'll love Chopin 10/3! I worked on that last year, and I remember thinking that it was the most difficult but most interesting piece I had ever played.

PaperClip, congratulation on finishing up school! It must feel great to have accomplished that. And now you can get back to piano again!

Cas, I'm so happy for you, that having a new teacher is building your enthusiasm. It's good to hear your excitement again. Did you say he is a conductor too? That must provide an additional dimension to his teaching, which perhaps you are noticing.

Bessel, maybe we should have an Ohio piano party! BTW, if you ever go back to wanting a teacher, I have a recommendation for a great one in the Cleveland area.

I have a couple achievements from this past week. I wrapped up the Bach 3-part invention that I had been working on, and we've picked out another to start on. I'm actually enthusiastic about learning more Bach now. Fur Elise is memorized without much sweat and tears, so maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this memorization stuff. Still working on expression with this one, and trying to "play outside the box". My teacher and I have had a few interesting discussions about this process along the way. The Chopin Waltz (C# minor) is coming along slowly (literally). The goal for this week is to work on bringing the tempo up. I continue to enjoy it all.

#1968421 - 10/03/12 09:04 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: IreneAdler]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: IreneAdler
My enlightened moment was yesterday. I sat down to practice "Moonlight" and was treated to a glorious full moon right out the window to my left.
Now after two months of practice the piece it sounding like a whole piece not simply measures 8-32 sounding good, but wonderously whole. I was playing it from the begining and the sound was so bewitching I was entranced by it and I lost my focus around the 38th measure and missed the next note, came back to reality. At that momemt all those hours spent working on a single measure, attempting to understand it, was worth a thousand times over...

Awesome!!

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1968423 - 10/03/12 09:06 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Andy Platt]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Andy Platt
How long have you been playing the piano?

I taught myself as a teen, but just playing from fake books and the like. That was a few decades ago. 2 1/2 years ago I decided to improve and wanted to play classical pieces so I started lessons. So I had a running start at it.

I couldn't get on that well on my own- I really value having a teacher. What's a fake book? Heard the term but don't know what it means.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1968446 - 10/03/12 09:55 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Luna Offline

Loc: Rhode Island (USA)
JimF, I think that's a great point about being kinder to ourselves. It's been a terribly busy week for me with my mom visiting from Florida, restarting choir and singing lessons, working full time, and trying to get some piano in. (I have managed to continue practicing daily but I've had a couple of literal 5 minute practice sessions.)

I either need less sleep or more hours in the day.

#1968460 - 10/03/12 11:05 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Edwardian - It's nice to have someone to play with. I think you will be recording a duet very soon

Oh not yet FarmGirl- I am nowhere near grade one as yet! But one day...

I am rather excited because I was listening to Rule The World by Take That but the version by Jonathan and Charlotte (operatic duo) sung in Italian and I suddenly "saw" my piano's keys and saw B and B major. I had a look online for the chords and keys (only could see guitar...) and I was right. Not even anywhere near my Piano cos I'm in bed on my netbook!
I might have a go learning the chords on Piano.
Normally I'd have to try the keys out on my Piano to find the notes/chords and now it seems I can find it in my head...

I am so excited..I went for 40 odd years not being much musical, but always loved music and longing to learn Piano and I feel as though something is bursting out of me which had been trapped inside, yearning for expression. Sounds mad I know!

Edited by EdwardianPiano (10/03/12 11:11 PM)

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1968477 - 10/04/12 12:11 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]

MaryBee, Happy birthday! I thought of you when I started planning for the party. Too bad we are so far apart. I still want to do the mozart duet someday with you. Do you have a wonderful bike trail in OH, then my husband may want to visit OH with me. Biking (bicycle) is his passion. It's funny you and me keep doing similar pieces! Interestingly, I struggle more with romantic pieces than Bach. How about you? I think I will have lots of struggle with Chopin 10-3. Again, I am so glad that I don't need to try Ballade #1. It would have been suicidal.

Bessel - I think Piano party in OH is a great idea.

Edwardian - Excellent discovery. You seem to have good ear. My awakening to music was late in my life as well. I was forced to take piano and violin lessons when I was young. Never appreciated it until I was close to 30. It was Chopin's music (cannot remember the name) that did it. I marvel at young people who seem to understand classical music at early age. Anyway, we have to start somewhere. I am glad I have music in my life now too.

#1968484 - 10/04/12 12:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Edwardian - Excellent discovery. You seem to have good ear. My awakening to music was late in my life as well. I was forced to take piano and violin lessons when I was young. Never appreciated it until I was close to 30. It was Chopin's music (cannot remember the name) that did it. I marvel at young people who seem to understand classical music at early age. Anyway, we have to start somewhere. I am glad I have music in my life now too.

Ah Chopin...dear Chopin- I disliked (most) classical music til I heard his music, then one day whilst volunteering at an art gallery, attending the art history training lectures, the lecturer was talking about art periods and music and mentioned Chopin's nocturnes.I was intrigued and went on you tube and...was blown away. What had I been missing all my life? It was like seeing in colour after a lifetime of seeing in black and white.
I listened spell bound and then started listening to other composers and went right off pop music with the exception of Sigur Ros who I adore. I don't mind the odd song like Rule The World but that is more for chord practise!
I even like opera now and used to hate that.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (10/04/12 12:37 AM)

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1968494 - 10/04/12 01:09 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: IreneAdler]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By: IreneAdler
How cool! Is it Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, or Debussy's Clair de Lune? Or is there yet another Moonlight piece?

#1968688 - 10/04/12 01:12 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: MaryBee]
bessel Offline

Originally Posted By: MaryBee

Bessel, maybe we should have an Ohio piano party! BTW, if you ever go back to wanting a teacher, I have a recommendation for a great one in the Cleveland area.

Sounds like fun - and it even sounds like we could get FarmGirl here if we did it during biking season. smile

On the teacher front, even though I probably won't pursue it just yet I'd be quite happy to hear any recommendations... and not just for me but also potentially for my young boys. Please PM me with any names/evaluations!

#1968692 - 10/04/12 01:18 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
bessel Offline

Quote:

Ah Chopin...dear Chopin- I disliked (most) classical music til I heard his music, then one day whilst volunteering at an art gallery, attending the art history training lectures, the lecturer was talking about art periods and music and mentioned Chopin's nocturnes.I was intrigued and went on you tube and...was blown away. What had I been missing all my life? It was like seeing in colour after a lifetime of seeing in black and white.
I listened spell bound and then started listening to other composers and went right off pop music with the exception of Sigur Ros who I adore. I don't mind the odd song like Rule The World but that is more for chord practise!
I even like opera now and used to hate that.

Add me to the list of people who realized they liked classical music late in life. Well, for me it's because there's a lot of classical music I don't like, but there's some that strikes really deeply. I had to run into that stuff, and frankly start playing piano, before I fell for it. I wonder if this is a common experience for adult piano starters or re-starters...

#1968724 - 10/04/12 02:25 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Possibly Bessel! Wonder how many of us go off pop music and into Classical. Having said that started listening to some of it aain for chord study and practise.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1968822 - 10/04/12 05:53 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: MaryBee]
IreneAdler Offline

Loc: Washington
~MaryBee

By "Moonlight" I was refering to Beethoven's Piano Sonata no. 14. I should have specified which piece I was playing.

Edited by IreneAdler (10/04/12 05:55 PM)

#1968866 - 10/04/12 08:21 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
DMT3339 Offline

Loc: Utah
A couple of weeks ago I played Elegie for my teacher and it was just one of those bad nights, and it truly was awful. To the point that he started talking about putting it on hold and starting an easier piece!
Well last night I played it for him again and it was good enough that he told me to start learning the next page. smile
I also played Clair de Lune for him last night, he hasn't heard that one for about six weeks now, due to circumstances, and was still under the impression that I was still learning it.
I've had it memorized for most of that time and have been trying to put as much polish on it as possible and he was very pleased.
He only recommended a handful of things to give it that little bit more polish.

It was a good night.

On a sadder note though, he also told me he was applying to four music schools back east, I only recognized Julliard, but I have no doubt he will be able to pick which school he wants to go to.
I'm happy for him, but that means next fall i'm losing my teacher. frown

Dave T.

#1968875 - 10/04/12 08:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Well done Dave. Sorry to hear you may need a new teacher though.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1969164 - 10/05/12 04:11 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Toastie Offline

Loc: UK
My achievement this week was that I practiced an additional piece on my own and managed to play it reasonably in my lesson. I went on to the next book, which has now introduced some new things, so I am a bit like "oh my god there's an A?!" and the horror of different fingers playing different keys to what they did before. It's most unsettling, haha.
Grade 1 Sight Reading - finished
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
The Easy Piano Collection Classical Gold
Yamaha U3

Page 98 of 230 < 1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 229 230 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
71 registered (aesop, AndrewJCW, 16 invisible), 1137 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75908 Members
42 Forums
156882 Topics
2305123 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What kind of fingering should I be using for these phrases?
by Jormungandr
08/23/14 03:04 AM
Mason & Hamlin BB Long distance purchase – a few questions
by bigun
08/23/14 02:26 AM
MY NEW PIANO
by Jvmvidela
08/23/14 02:14 AM
Here's a Paranoid Question:
by Paul678
08/23/14 01:19 AM
Are you must always make A4= 440?
by Maximillyan
08/23/14 12:55 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission