Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 227 of 234 < 1 2 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 233 234 >
Topic Options
#2299449 - 07/07/14 09:58 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I too am enjoying the EPP report.

I have not achieved the speed and fluency for my Devienne Sonata yet but getting close. I have two more days until I practice with my oboe playing friend. He is helping me prep for the workshop. From today, I will practice playing it all the way including page turning.

Handel piece isn't bad at all. It does not need to go fast and I am focused on giving string players steady tempo.

Everything else is at stop now until the workshop is over. I have to sneak in Schubert once in a day to maintain the current level since I have to play it on September 7th at the master class.

Good practicing everyone.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2299804 - 07/08/14 09:39 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Now that the EPP2014 is "almost" ending, I can relax and read some "classic" threads like this one. Congratulations to so many achievements, guys. And great stories, too.

As you can imagine, my AOTW was the EPP2014. Not only as the host, but mainly because I was a guest too. I had the opportunity to play some pieces and I listened beautiful pieces played by the other guests. It was great.

Edit:
I don't want to turn this AOTW thread in another EPP2014 thread. If you want to follow the related stories and pictures, just go to EPP2014 thread . Thanks.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2299814 - 07/08/14 10:14 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SigFigs]
Silver Keys Offline

Loc: Upstate N.Y.
Nice job, SigFigs. Nice choice on the Minuet in Rondo Form by Rameau. It is a great beginner piece and was one if the first pieces I learned.

And FarmGirl, isn't it something how a job loss can turn out to be a blessing in disguise? Been there.
Yamaha P155

#2299836 - 07/08/14 11:30 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Siver Keys, Aye to that.

Not piano related but I now have time to take care of my dogs. I cured my dog Charlie's hot spot too. Normally I take them to vet whenever I see something like that, but I did it myself (Haircut around the affected area, washing the wound with mild soap, disinfect it with peroxide and treated it with antibiotic cream). Also kept the AC at 78 - I figured since it's called as 'hotspots' cool air will do good for them. And it worked!!!
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2301685 - 07/12/14 11:08 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sand Tiger Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Thread is relatively quiet this week.

Week 122: my piano week is quiet too, but I will post. I finish my recent transcription project. The most exciting thing is trying to refill the ink cartridge on my cheap HP printer and getting black ink all over my hands. At first glance it looks terrible, but it is just ink. So far, the printer isn't working right and the ink isn't so easy to wash off either.

Have a good week everyone.

#2301695 - 07/12/14 11:52 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
SigFigs Offline

Learned half of the left hand part for sonatina in g major

Now just the other half

#2301699 - 07/13/14 12:10 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
My new book, "Debussy - 12 Selected Piano Works" arrived this week, and while it's another marvelous achievement of the international postal services it is not the AOTW specifically. No that honour is mine as I have decided to learn "La fille aux cheveux de lin" which is French for "So You Think Bach is Hard". After several weeks of telling myself I was just "investigating the possibility of playing it" I have had to come clean and admit no more fooling around, make a commitment. It is so far outside my comfort zone I am struggling just to decipher it. But with the books arrival and commitment made I have made an all out assault of the piece this week and the code breaking is going well (the actual playing is only so so).

Don't expect to be hearing it anytime soon on the quarterly recitals, indeed more likely it would turn up on the "Mistake of the Week" thread if there were one.

#2301700 - 07/13/14 12:11 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SigFigs]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: SigFigs

Now just the other half

Beethoven?

#2301722 - 07/13/14 01:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
I have been reading the thread, but life is very hectic right now.
Work has finally slowed down, but then I was away for 5 days, and then preparing to receive visiting family who arrive....today!!!

I'll be pretty quiet over the next few weeks too as we'll be doing a lot of sight seeing smile

ATOW....I guess it would have to be the Lisbon party smile
Last year I was pretty let down about how well I played my pieces - I even had total blank out - I couldn't even read the scores.

This year I played my solo pieces, yes, there were more flubs than I would have liked, but I made it through the pieces without freezing up and going blank. So, sure, it could have been better, but compared to last year, for me, it was a big improvement and a success.

For the duets, ...that was harder. I've realized that at my level, I can't play duets unless I've had "in-person" practice time.

I think those of you who are interested have already seen the thread about the party , so I won't add much more here - except to say WOW. It really was an Amazing time -and thanks again to Carlos and his wife Ana who worked so hard to make it such a success. It was a real pleasure to hook up with everyone in person (again for some smile )

I'm now looking for a couple of new pieces for the summer........

#2301820 - 07/13/14 10:25 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: earlofmar]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
earlofmar

Quote:
....as I have decided to learn "La fille aux cheveux de lin" which is French for "So You Think Bach is Hard".

thumb LOL Yes, an appropriate translation. I think Jane McGrath's book lists it as a level 9, so quite a stretch for me too. It is a real exercise in maintaining tension free fingers, hands and wrists. And some very tricky fingering. I've got the first page up to hands together.... but, as you say, it will be some time before I will be playing it.

It is fun when others are working on the same piece. Have you given measure 14 a shot yet? Have a ball... this is really beautiful music.

Edited by JimF (07/14/14 08:32 AM)

Estonia L190 #7284

#2301850 - 07/13/14 12:55 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: earlofmar]
SigFigs Offline

Originally Posted By: earlofmar

Now just the other half

Beethoven?

Latour

#2301934 - 07/13/14 05:58 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: JimF

It is fun when others are working on the same piece. Have you given measure 14 a shot yet? Have a ball... this really beautiful music.

It is indeed good to hear others are learning the same piece and no doubt going through similar struggles. I was apprehensive at fist about measure 14 only to realise all measures got incrementally harder after it lol. As to the grade level I have seen varying accounts, but most are higher than I normally go, we will see. Look forward to hearing your version in the not too distant future.

#2302144 - 07/14/14 09:43 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Well, I haven't been as industrious as Farm Girl or as ambitious as earlom, but even though I am have the summer "off" from work I am still working at our silly 6hr/week summer session and seeing an individual client 1 hr/week and a private client 3 hrs/week. I've also been brushing up my Spanish, in order to communicate with parents of children I work with--I'm fine with the kids, but I feel like I need to sound semi-competent when I am explaining language issues since that's my area of expertise!

We also adopted a young kitty who had severe eye infections, so the rescue organization removed her eyes. She's blind of course, but healthy and determined to explore everything. She's pretty funny and needs quite a lot of attention and supervision.

AOW is a complement from my teacher!
He said that 2 years ago when I started with him, he would never have expected that I'd be playing my current assigned piece (Kabalevsky op. 27 no. 18) as well as I did!

Reminds me of this by Piet Hein:

You'll probably find that it suits your book
To be a bit cleverer than you look.
Observe the easiest method by far
Is to look a bit stupider than you are.

#2302353 - 07/14/14 06:57 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: malkin]
SigFigs Offline

Went to my lesson today and my teacher had a surprise for me...

The next piece I will be learning will be the prelude in c major from the well tempered clavier. Finally, the fruits of many hours of practice..Such a feeling of accomplishment.

#2302375 - 07/14/14 08:34 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SigFigs]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

The next piece I will be learning will be the prelude in c major from the well tempered clavier. Finally, the fruits of many hours of practice..Such a feeling of accomplishment.

Grats. That piece is a masterpiece IMO.

#2302539 - 07/15/14 11:01 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Plowboy Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: SoCal
Lots to learn in that piece, too. This is my second year on that piece and I'm still learning from it. What's great is when you reach that point where you make the connection with Bach and realize, "That's what he meant!"

#2303069 - 07/16/14 02:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
wimpiano Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Returning from a Holiday and picking up just were I left. Very happy that it didn't have too much impact. Had a wonderful holiday in France btw.

#2303313 - 07/17/14 09:45 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: wimpiano]
barbaram Offline

This, word for word, for me!!

Originally Posted By: wimpiano
Returning from a Holiday and picking up just were I left. Very happy that it didn't have too much impact. Had a wonderful holiday in France btw.

Not an achievement (if anything, a dismaying non-achievement!), but on returning from my holiday I was struck all the more by my worst piano habit - I look at my hands ALL the time.
This is obviously one and the same thing as my terrible sight reading and my strong memorisation.
So, while I wait for my "Sight Reading Secrets" book to arrive, I'm trying to work on my keyboard orientation skills in a couple of ways. One of the challenges I've set myself is to play my Bach Invention #8 without looking at my hands. This was deemed "done" by my teacher and I at my last lesson before my holiday, but it is far from done if I look at the music rather than my hands.

#2303393 - 07/17/14 02:54 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: barbaram]
Saranoya Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Originally Posted By: barbaram
Not an achievement (if anything, a dismaying non-achievement!), but on returning from my holiday I was struck all the more by my worst piano habit - I look at my hands ALL the time.
This is obviously one and the same thing as my terrible sight reading and my strong memorisation.
So, while I wait for my "Sight Reading Secrets" book to arrive, I'm trying to work on my keyboard orientation skills in a couple of ways. One of the challenges I've set myself is to play my Bach Invention #8 without looking at my hands. This was deemed "done" by my teacher and I at my last lesson before my holiday, but it is far from done if I look at the music rather than my hands.

Just a suggestion, from someone who recognises a *lot* of what you just wrote from personal experience: it might help to just keep your gaze fixed on a random point somewhere above your hands, at first. Trying to actually follow along with the score introduces an extra layer of complexity, especially for someone who doesn't read that well.

The ultimate goal, of course, is to learn to jump back and forth between the score and your hands (so that you can look at your hands for big jumps, and look at the score at all other times). But with a piece that you know (and if your teacher pronounced it "done", I'm guessing you do), start by simply looking anywhere *but* at your hands. Or close your eyes. That works for me.

I've been away from this thread for too long, but then I've been feeling for a long time that I haven't made any big accomplishments.

Maybe this: earlier this week, I played my Chopin Nocturne for my mother, who was visiting. She is a ballet teacher and gets a lot of exposure to Chopin that way. She also plays the harp and the French horn in her spare time, and is a very discerning, sometimes exceedingly critical listener. And because of that, I was nervous playing for her, so it didn't go off without a hitch. But when I was done, she said: wauw, you've progressed a lot since I last heard you play.

Well, the last time she heard me play was about a year ago, so it would have been ... not great, at the very least, if she'd said that I *hadn't* progressed. But still, when my mother says something like that, I know that it means something. Unlike most of my unsuspecting audiences (my cleaning lady, friends, and the occasional colleague who passes through here), she knows what to listen for. She won't be impressed simply by the fact that I can play at all.

So yay, I guess.

Dismaying non-achievement of the week (well, a few weeks before this week, actually): I got 4% less on my piano exam than I did last year ... and I deserved the worse grade.

#2304807 - 07/21/14 11:30 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

I cannot believe this thread is pushed into the second page.
I finally have an achievement to report.

My 3 day chamber music workshop ended with Gala concert yesterday afternoon. I played piano for Handel g minor Sonata(Arioso) with Flute Oboe & Cello and Devienne Sonata #5 in D minor(Presto) with Oboe and Cello. The Handel piece went extremely well. It was so fun and gave me uplifted feeling like walking on the clouds. It was very musical. We were in sync and music was shaped beautifully! I wish I have a recording. It looked like the school recorded and I will ask them for it if I they recorded it. The second one Devienne piece was much more tricky. It has Oboe eighth note pick up throughout the piece and very fast. Whenever Oboe player takes a little breathing, we (piano and cello) tends to leave her behind. If I am experienced, I probably know how to match her but with only two rehearsal, it was very difficult to obtain. Let's say, we were together for the most of the time and ended together but I was frustrated that we were not in sync. Another thing I learned - in this kind of fast piece with lots of oboe notes, slowing down does not make oboe part easier. Anyway, I am pleased overall our performances. I only tried a little bit of chamber music at Summerkeys last year. This is a completely different event. It receives grants by American Chamber Music Society and the participants were not beginners. They were playing more than 20 years for each instruments. I was the most junior person in experience but I held my own though! I am glad that I approached the organizer before the event and asked for the easiest piece. In piano grade, probably the one I got was about grade 6 or 7. If I get the more than 10 minute pieces like others were doing, I could not have handled it in 3 weeks! Ok, nuff for this bragging. Now I have to change gear and work on the coming master class

#2304816 - 07/21/14 12:24 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
maleco Offline

I have decided to learn "Waltz in A minor, B. 15" but it is too difficult for me, I'm having a huge progress with this course that I bought last week, is cheap and very helpful, if you are interested in learn fast I recommend it: http://bit.ly/UgewEO

#2304838 - 07/21/14 01:19 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Donzo Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Ok... I've got something to report again at last.

About 6 weeks ago I put something in here about how I was trying to do my own arrangement of the Nick Cave song "People Ain't No Good" as an exercise. I have the music from the Shrek II soundtrack music book but it (like all the stuff in there) is too hard for me at my present level. So I decided to try to simplify it myself (which made me proud given I'm just over 1 year into piano).

Anyway, I keep planning to open a thread on ABF to discuss my progress... but it always seems like there is some new progress I "just need to clean up a little bit" before posting, and then once a week I discuss it with my teacher and she gives me lots of helpful feedback that I need to work on and, as it is in a continuous "work in progress" state, I haven't started that thread.

But I do have about 40% of the song reworked and I'm practicing it regularly and getting better. [BTW, it is a "song" and I have started sing along with my playing this week, a new challenge.]

So the AOTW is... this morning I was driving in to work with the music running through my head and I realized I am FINALLY playing a piece that is the kind of piece I started piano to play. Like I'm FINALLY playing EXACTLY what I hoped I could play. Although I know I have a long journey ahead of me, the feeling that "I've arrived" was so good that the world's biggest smile spread over my face... (good thing the cheek-cramp didn't cause an accident :)). (And the fact that it is my "own" (*) arrangement is just icing on the cake!)

Don

(*) "own" - well, I've gotten a ton of advice so I'm really just doing what more experienced people tell me to do smile

#2304868 - 07/21/14 02:16 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
wimpiano Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
@Farmgirl That must have been awesome!!
@maleco, good luck!
@Donzo singing a long is very good, my teacher advises it all the time. Also for pieces without songtext (the majority of what I play).

#2304881 - 07/21/14 02:42 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Donzo]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Donzo
So the AOTW is... this morning I was driving in to work with the music running through my head and I realized I am FINALLY playing a piece that is the kind of piece I started piano to play. Like I'm FINALLY playing EXACTLY what I hoped I could play.

Feels great, don't it!

#2305191 - 07/22/14 02:24 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

I have one more.
Ahem I lost 8Lb in two weeks. I had to practice in the college practice room because my husband was working on his exam. In the practice rooms, you cannot eat or drink. After coca cola spill on the soundboard, it's been enforced. Anyway I had to practice without munches. I usually have lots of food around me. I'm now motivated to practice. I would like to lose 6 more pounds before the master class.

#2305223 - 07/22/14 06:50 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
barbaram Offline

I have something that, for me at least, feels like a real achievement:
I went into a music store over the weekend and tried out a load of pianos. There is no prospect of me actually buying a "real" piano for a long time yet, I have to be satisfied with my digital and by and large I am. But I thought it would be useful to try and play a few real ones. The main part of the achievement for me is that I went and played in such a public place, and I didn't really get "the fear". Of course it wasn't a performance. No one was really listening, and there was lots of background noise to mask my playing. BUT just having the courage to ask if I could, and then going and doing it, was a HUGE achievement for me.
The difference between all the ones I played and my own digital was very significant. They were all, without exception, much heavier. I actively disliked the sound of most of them (but not all, and I didn't try the most expensive ones).
This same music store also has practice rooms available to rent by the hour, so I plan to try and go there maybe once a month and do that, I think it would be a good thing to have some regular experience on a real piano.

Saranoya, thanks for your suggestion on playing with my eyes closed, that definitely feels like a sensible step. I can do the first section ok-ish, middle section terrible, last section ok-ish again. I think it's a worthwhile exercise. I bought a big book of easy piano classics at the weekend (in that same music store) to get a plentiful and varied source of sight reading material. I have Mikrokosmos too but needed something else for variety and motivation. Still waiting on "Sight Reading Secrets" to arrive, I fear it has been lost in the mail as even coming from the US it should have been here before now.

#2305261 - 07/22/14 09:26 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: FarmGirl]
Silver Keys Offline

Loc: Upstate N.Y.
What an impressive accomplishment, FarmGirl! You should be proud.

Me, I'm back to practicing after a two week break full of some camping and spending lots of time with the kids.
Yamaha P155

#2307566 - 07/26/14 10:52 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
1000 Post Club Member

I am a fan of playing with eyes closed, though for pieces with big jumps a quick peek may help. I also sometimes like to play with the power off on the digital, to reinforce the memory. If a person can do eyes closed, power off, and also mental practice away from the piano, the piece is deep in memory and unlikely to be forgotten. Complex pieces may not be possible at that level, but sections can be done.

Week 124/123: I went away for a week. And the week before was light on piano. This year, I seem to have more minor aches and pains all over, including the repetitive stress issues with my hands and wrists.

I got back to piano on Friday, and it was mixed. I was pleased to sit down and immediately find a new line for the composition I am working on. Some of my eight piece beginner repertoire was shaky. Some I had to go back to sheet music for. It is coming back, but it is mixed. The sublime experience of free play composition is still there, and is a refuge from the pressures of the world.

Have a good week everyone. Get those recital pieces ready. Come one, come all. If a person wants to improve, recording and uploading for the recital is a good way to do that. While most that upload are quite good, and many sound quite advanced, true beginner efforts are often received the most enthusiastically. There is no need to wait. However, it is a good idea to give it your best effort (play a piece you know, sound checks, multiple recordings before selecting one to upload).

#2307588 - 07/26/14 11:45 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It's not an achievement yet but I decided after several poor performances of a piece at my last two lessons to really get stuck into it. Normally I would do three repeats of it a day but I have started to do ten and log the count so I don't miss any and give me a daily motivation. Combined with some very serious scale work after only a few days my fingers feel like my legs used to feel after back to back long runs (running on tired legs), exhausted but feel I have achieved something.

#2307599 - 07/27/14 12:16 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: earlofmar]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: earlofmar
It's not an achievement yet but I decided after several poor performances of a piece at my last two lessons to really get stuck into it. Normally I would do three repeats of it a day but I have started to do ten and log the count so I don't miss any and give me a daily motivation. Combined with some very serious scale work after only a few days my fingers feel like my legs used to feel after back to back long runs (running on tired legs), exhausted but feel I have achieved something.

Just a suggestion from my limited experience. If I am doing poorly at playing the entire piece in front of others, I find that going back to the drawing board of section practice to be a good way to get back to confidence. It takes about the same amount of time to do section practice vs. playing beginning to end, and I find it far more productive. Maybe 10% on the play through part, when I am doing sections. (For others reading along: section practice is doing the piece in small chunks, repeating each chunk plus the transition, until I can start at each separate section and play it smoothly).

As always, my perspective is that of a lowly beginner. Even though you have fewer months in, you are on the piano immersion program of intensive training (level 4/5/6 after 15 months!), and I am doing an hour a day with half spent composing (level 1+ after 2+ years). As such, you have already lapped me several times as far as skill and progress. Sometimes my physical problems or schedule limit my time to less than an hour.

Edited by Sand Tiger (07/27/14 12:23 AM)

Page 227 of 234 < 1 2 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 233 234 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much Are Piano Lessons Usually
by Korsario
09/18/14 01:56 PM
temperament setting in Casio PX-850
by Doritos Flavoured
09/18/14 01:33 PM
VI Labs True Keys: From ilok to Hard Drive Activation
by imyself
09/18/14 10:46 AM
A REALLY Indirect Blow Action
by Steve Cohen
09/18/14 09:01 AM
Bone chilling ending to pieces
by lacrymosa85
09/18/14 08:44 AM
Who's Online
140 registered (accordeur, ajames, 3times2, 36251, 38 invisible), 1479 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157603 Topics
2314996 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission