2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Rus73 ...... first off, I must have missed the thread where someone said that
DP's or (Rolands in particular) are better or as good as acoustics.

99.9% of the people on this forum know that a DP can not match an acoustic.

You chose Kawai .... good instruments.

No need to come on here making Rolands sound like a piece of junk.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
@theJourney, please don't go this direction. That's defamatory and almost racist.

<~ don't test forever - play and enjoy! ~>
R
Rus73 Offline OP
OP Offline
R

This sounds like some kind of threat from the Russian mafia. What, are you going to break our legs if we don't agree with your personal choice of fake electronic piano in an faux-woodgrain Ikea-like case? [/quote]

HA!! That is very good brand new classification for those, who dislike Roland - "Russian mafiosi". You fogot Mucci as German mafiosi or CyberGene as a Bulgarian mafiosi etc.

In general, I have already noticed where is the difference in keyboards between Roland and Kawai. The keyboard of Roland is much more hollow, digital-like and noisy. It is not only my opinion. It is opinion of all mafiosi around the world! 3hearts

Last edited by Rus73; 05/14/10 04:47 PM.
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Some of my best friends own Swedish furniture. confused

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rus73

Dear Snazzy (if you do not like Rolandian).

I am happy that we both have different opinions. However, I am not talking about your or my opinions. Please, as a handsome, wise, and extremely old pianist, could you be a little bit more carefull when claiming that all of us who prefer Kawai are the very specific, odd and enthusiastic members of clandestine group.
As you remember, I've never said, that you or other victims of effective advertizing are idiots or illegal activists :

Well, Rus...you can call me Snazzy, and you can call me Pete, or you can call me Peter, or you can call me Snazzyplayer...but it just don't make sense to call me Rolandian...I don't call you Ruskawai, or Kawairus. wink

If you prefer a Kawai digital, son, that's fine...and, I certainly don't think (or have said) you are a member of any clandestine group...it is very impolite of you to misquote me.

So, now I can say you are impolite, and a member of an enthusiastic group...and I'd be right. wink

As far as your opinion of Roland pianos? Well, you are entitled to it, like we all are...but, it doesn't make Roland a bad piano because you say it is...it just means that it is a bad piano to you....to many of us, it is not.

Snazzy

Semper Gumby: Always flexible \:^)
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Chaps, let's look at this objectively:

(in no particular order)

Roland make great instruments.
Kawai make great instruments.
Yamaha make great instruments.

/thread

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Kawai James

(in no particular order)

/thread

But, but, but, you dinna get the order right! Heh Heh.

R
Rus73 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Kawai James

(in no particular order)

/thread

I agree, all of them make instruments...
That is genereal consensus smile

R
Rus73 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
[/quote]

Well, Rus...you can call me Snazzy, and you can call me Pete, or you can call me Peter, or you can call me Snazzyplayer...but it just don't make sense to call me Rolandian...I don't call you Ruskawai, or Kawairus. wink

[/quote]

Ok, I prefer call you Daddy (I am proud to be your son, Daddy, where have your been for all my life? Where is my alimony?).

About Roland:

Daddy, lets try to do the simple test.Turn off the volume in both Kawai and Roland and try to play both. Then go for real piano and compare. Which one keyboard closer to real piano?

Thats all. Nothing to discuss. However, I've told, that Roland is very good digital device, and many of users prefer good digital devices - it is normal, Daddy.
Thanks.

Last edited by Rus73; 05/15/10 02:28 AM.
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Let's do yet another test: prevent the hammers from striking the strings in an acoustic piano next to your above no volume test and tell us which of the three was most enjoyable to play. Let us know the results. Be honest.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
I'm sure it'll be (most of) the acoustic uprights / grands. I ALWAYS prefer playing on a decent real acoustic instrument, except

- when it's out of tune
- when it's one the cheap budget instruments built for beginners that have no idea of how a good acoustic instrument can sound

It's amazing though how many instruments in homes belong to these two categories.

And here's my statement regarding DP brands:

Currently I prefer my CA63, for budget and playability reasons.
BUT I would also be more than happy if I had a good Roland or Yamaha stage piano / DP at home, like HP-307, CLP-380 (which is a great instrument) and others. They are all more than satisfactory to me. At our church I'm playing (among others) on a very old CLP-950, and you know what: It sounds great through the amplifying system. What I couldn't stand would be a non-weighted syntheziser keyboard, but that's a completely different category.

At some point people have to decide what to purchase. I wouldn't buy anything without trying the major brands first, because then I would always wonder if I really made the right purchase that really fits me. On the other side I would never take "countless hours" to try for months, even years without deciding - this simply doesn't make any sense to me: Am I a professional tester of am I a hobby piano player that just needs a good enough / decent instrument to enjoy?

Last edited by mucci; 05/15/10 05:41 AM.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rus73

Ok, I prefer call you Daddy (I am proud to be your son, Daddy, where have your been for all my life? Where is my alimony?).

About Roland:

Daddy, lets try to do the simple test.Turn off the volume in both Kawai and Roland and try to play both. Then go for real piano and compare. Which one keyboard closer to real piano?

Well, then it's best to call me Peter? I'll be Big Peter, and you can be Little Peter (how appropriate). wink

Now, Little Peter, you behave, or Big Peter will take you over his knee, and give Little Peter a spanking, and he won't be able to sit and play his little toy piano. grin

Compare Roland and Kawai digitals to my Steinway B?

How utterly droll! You can't compare apples and watermelons...what dark basement have you been living in? smirk

That's it, Little Peter...you are disowned....I can't abide having a son with the brain of a mushroom. wink

Snazzy

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Hey daddy, you're up early! I hope I still can call you daddy... It seems like your own son can easily put you into rage, and certainly I wouldn't like to do so... wink

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by mucci
Am I a professional tester of am I a hobby piano player that just needs a good enough / decent instrument to enjoy?

Well, your simple presence on and repeated contributions to this rather odd forum makes this a valid question. After all, pianoworld is all about talking about pianos. If you want to play them, you are much better off logging out and doing so. wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mucci
Hey daddy, you're up early! I hope I still can call you daddy... It seems like your own son can easily put you into rage, and certainly I wouldn't like to do so... wink

Rage? Certainly not, son, I am a happy and content man, and I have the power of music to keep me that way.

One should not open a door, unless one is prepared to deal with what is behind it...is that not true? wink

Snazzy

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
mucci: 392 posts
theJourney: 2.420 posts

I love playing music, but I'm also having fun contributing my (not asked for) advice to others... wink I'm not always near my DP. I hope that's okay for you!

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by snazzyplayer

One should not open a door, unless one is prepared to deal with what is behind it...is that not true? wink

You're so right (whatever that means in this context).

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Rus73 ..... seems you've joined this forum for no good reason.

First you bad-mouth a good compnay
First impression - awful keyboard- hollow, limp, noninformative. I said - stop, it is impossible, this is Roland HP-307!!! If that is "top model" I am afraid asking you - what is the low-end model of Roland?

Then you bad-mouth the players that use them
It is understandable for kids, but not for pianists.

We do not have to agree on best brand names,
digital or acoustic.

But you should show more respect to your elders.

I say elders, because such jibberish would not come from someone who has lived life for awhile.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Yes I agree. To join a forum for the single purpose of slagging an instrument off seems very odd to me. I lurked around for ages, learning, understanding the views/preferences of others and the forum etiquette before daring to post!

James has summed it up...there are some great DPs out there and most of us are adult enough to appreciate the strengths of instruments that for any number of reasons we would not actually choose to own.

Steve

B
B

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission