2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, 4 invisible), 1,894 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Q
qunu Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Yamaha Upright Piano, Model MC10, 48' Is this the same as the U1 model, I would appreciate it if anyone has information on this model, what are other comparable pianos?

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
MC10 is a Japanese gray market mdl. which succeeded the traditional U1 in the late eighties /early ninties in Japan. It is similar to the U10BL from Japan but has the split hinged top with the fallboard lock. Both the MC10 and the U10BL though manufactured in Japan are not the same quality as a U1 structurally. They are a bit lighter with thinner arms,less substancial backposts etc.. They don't sound like a U1 either. Kinda thin sounding. Probably similar to the T118 though they were assembled in the Japanese factory. In the USA,the trade off is that they can be acquired preowned, a much newer vintage but a lesser piano than a U1.

www.pastperfectpiano.com
Largest selection in the USA
100+Steinway and M&H grands
Warehouse showroom Onsite Restoration
Preowned & Restored
Hailun dlr.818-255-3145
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z8RvhXGKzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voo0zumHGgE
Q
qunu Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Thank you so much, I have tried in vain to find out more information until you shared all this info. Someone is selling one in my area and I was wondering how it compared with a T118 and whether I would have trouble selling it some day if I decided to upgrade to something better when my son is older, I really appreciate all the info....thanks,

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
qunu,You're quite welcome! Persons all over the world email me inquiring about the diverse so called Japanese import gray market mdls.Depending on where one resides in the world they may not be considered a gray market mdl.
Over the years I've seen and had near all of them one time or another. Yamaha and Kawai market hundreds of different mdls.
worldwide and unless you sell them,you won't have a clue as for the differences as you are finding out or not finding out. Both Yamaha and Kawai are very vague as for disclosing the differences. What are they asking for it ?.

Last edited by pianobroker; 05/24/10 01:03 PM.

www.pastperfectpiano.com
Preowned & Restored
Hailun dlr.818-255-3145
Q
qunu Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Thanks again, they are asking almost 3k, the piano was manufactured in 1988. The warranty is good until 2017. You can see the ad on craigslist in the Washington, DC area. I just have no idea if that is a good deal at all even though the stores would probably sell it for higher.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I'm a bit confused in that there is no factory warranty available on this piano anywhere. Are you refering to a transferable store warranty? I did not know there was such a thing. Is the seller a retail store / dealer or a private party ?

You may want to compare as in AB this piano to that of a new T118 in that neither is at the performance level of a new U1 though the T118 is brand new and the MC10BI is 22 years new. wink

www.pastperfectpiano.com
Preowned & Restored
Hailun dlr.818-255-3145
Q
qunu Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
its a store warranty that is transferrable to the new owner. It is a private seller but they bought it at a local store around here and the store owner is good about transferring it. I will check out how much a new T118 costs and go from there, thanks so much.

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission