2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, FredrikNilsen, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
swc2004 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Next week my daughter takes her first Cello exam. She has been entered at Grade 2 and over the past three years she has steadily progressed. She also plays at school and the local schools orchestra ensemble.

I would love to do something similar, get back into lessons and try to brush up on my reading skills.

I think the hard work would be good for me.

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
I'm waiting for my hard work on the piano to inspire my daughter to actually practice her instrument (guitar)!

I took flute from age 11-16. Actually trying to properly play piano now (instead of putzing around on it) has shown me how well I could have done at flute if I had worked as hard then as I am now!!!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Andy Platt
!

I took flute from age 11-16. Actually trying to properly play piano now (instead of putzing around on it) has shown me how well I could have done at flute if I had worked as hard then as I am now!!!

I think that I could substitute a lot of items for the piano.... if I had studied harder, if I had....... Thank goodness we've finally chosen something to buckle down and do well!

How lovely to be inspired by your daughter swc2004 - and good luck inspiring yours Andy!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

F
F
My daughter is inspiring me... we started lessons at about the same time and she's leaving me in the dust. She's reached that point where piano is not so much of a struggle, and practices multiple times per day without prompting.

The younger child has been complaining about how much her sister practices. I told her to get even by practicing her guitar so much that it annoys her sister.. we'll see how that works. It might work pretty well once she gets her electric.

Piano self teaching on and off from 2002-2008. Took piano instruction from Nov 2008- Feb 2011. Took guitar instruction Feb 2011-Jul 2013. Can't play either. Living, breathing proof some people aren't cut out to make music.
Originally Posted by FormerFF
My daughter is inspiring me... we started lessons at about the same time and she's leaving me in the dust. She's reached that point where piano is not so much of a struggle, and practices multiple times per day without prompting.

I'm waiting for that day to come. I have a 3-year-old who seems to have music permeating her entire body. Once she starts piano lessons (2 or 3 years, perhaps) I'm sure it won't take long before she runs circles around me!

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
1926 Heintzman Upright, Kawai ES7
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission