2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (bcalvanese, BillS728, APianistHasNoName, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, danno858, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Mark_C #1450587 06/05/10 01:47 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Who will answer the call?!
That was.

I write music! Find me under Noteflight as Axtrubanblaha,or Youtube as Axtrubanblaha. I challenge YOU!
W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Hayden Brooks
I challenge you to play these songs, record them, and post them. (I wrote all of these songs)

I'm not much into the song repertoire, since I don't sing.

Last edited by wr; 06/05/10 03:59 AM.
wr #1450618 06/05/10 04:33 AM
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Kinda neat pieces (on this forum we usually don't call them songs - people sing songs), fun to listen to. But I don't feel like bothering to learn them.

Steinway 1905 model A, rebuild started 2008, completed 2012
Yahama CVP-401
Will somone get my wife off the Steinway so I can play it!
H
OP Offline
H
-sigh-
You guys are real picky. Whatever, pieces of music then. One of them is a toccata, one of them is an instrumental rock 'piece', and one of them is a highly chromatic piece.

I write music! Find me under Noteflight as Axtrubanblaha,or Youtube as Axtrubanblaha. I challenge YOU!
J
J
Instead of blabbing about the music and the website he used, you guys could actually try to learn it... smile

Is there a time limit?

Chopin, Brahms, Schubert, Rachmaninov
H
OP Offline
H
I'm thinking that the best performer wins. Maybe time will be a factor, i.e. If you do it in one day, and it's okay, and someone else does it in a couple weeks and it's pretty good, the first one would win. But if the second person did it, and it sounded really good, he might win. Both will be in consideration. That first song though, I might have to say you might need a 2 track to cover because it was made for 2 piano players to play.

I think I might add that if this goes well, I have many more songs to post for this contest as well.

Last edited by Hayden Brooks; 06/05/10 12:49 PM.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JesseOffy
Instead of blabbing about the music and the website he used, you guys could actually try to learn it... smile

So, why not you? ha

Mark_C #1450792 06/05/10 01:01 PM
J
J
I am gonna try and learn it.

H
OP Offline
H
I am gonna try and learn it.

-cheer-
yippie

Well I look forward to that too.
Really!

Not just to see how he does, but to see if anyone actually does go ahead and learn it.

Mark_C #1450800 06/05/10 01:07 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Why don't you learn some of them, Mark? It'll be something to do, it'll be fun, I promise smile

Mark_C #1450801 06/05/10 01:07 PM
J
J
It all depends on how much spare time we have... got about an hour to waste starting now. :P

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'm so sorry but I don't get this. I hope this doesn't get off really rude...

First of all, your scores lack many details which might make them enjoyable for someone to play. Details about the tempo, the dynamics, etc. A performer shoudln't be forced to play whatever comes out of a sequencer by ear and with a help of a bad score.

Then, the "win" part and the "challenge" part. If there is a wining part there also needs to be a prize. For example, when I was looking for a performer for a piano piece of mine, I piad 400$ to the person who decide to go for it. When I was organising competitions at a website I was an admin, I always had sponsors with prizes of 500-600$ or so on, for the winner. An incentive to take part. If you are unknown, and you are not providing at least something to work with, I don't really understand what you are expecting.

In all honesty I wouldn't expect anyone to bother. As someone else said, be happy that some had a listen... And keep trying to improve in every possible angle of life. smile

Cool, Nikolas -- now he'll feel I was being nice!! ha

H
OP Offline
H
@Nikolas
It's not really a competition, I just said it would be fun. Sure the score lacks items that say what speed to go by, what feeling to have, but in my mind, that makes it all the more fun; you get to choose. I'd pick who ever interprets the piece the best as a winner (Time considered).
As for the competition part, it's not really a competition, and I'm not trying to get someone to perform it for something, it's just for fun. I don't know, maybe you don't like fun anymore. The 'winner' will just be who I say is the winner. You do not need to listen to the piece at all, if you wish, you could just go by the sheet music, and think of the best feeling to it for yourself.
I am glad though that there are people listening to the pieces, but why not try to get someone to learn it? I just think it would be cool.
Again, I'm not expecting anybody to play it, but I was hoping that someone would play it, for just the experience of knowing a different song.

Mark_C #1450812 06/05/10 01:16 PM
J
J
Yeah... what the heck is that middle g and upper d note at the same time on the third piece (I think). We aren't all Rachmaninoff's. laugh

Also, is there any way to download it?

H
OP Offline
H
We aren't all Rachmaninoff's. laugh

Also, is there any way to download it?

As for the big hands stuff, you can choose to leave out a note if you want, or move one up an octave, but yes there's a way to download it. You can print out the scores grin
It's under file → print. If you don't want to do that, you can export it as a midi file, and save it to whatever you want it to be one (i.e. Finale, Sibelius etc.).
That's under file → export → midi file
Then you would have to take the midi file and put it into [insert music notation system here].

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I dont want to see **** synthesia stuff on this forum and this piece of musics are completely garbage! waste of time. If you are too stubborn dont accept my criticism and complain me to admins.

Last edited by Kreisler; 06/05/10 04:34 PM. Reason: profanity removed

C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
I just learned it and played it. It was awesome.

Too bad I don't have a camera! ;-)

Semi-pro pianist
Tuesdays 5-8 at Vince's West Sacramento, California
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Batuhan
I dont want to see shitty synthesia stuff on this forum and this piece of musics are completely garbage! waste of time. If you are too stubborn dont accept my criticism and complain me to admins.

1: That wasn't very nice :P
2: they're not only on Synthesia; I posted them on there because I think they sound better
3: I didn't ever not accept your criticism; this is the first thing you posted on this thread o.O
4: I can accept criticism. If you don't like the piece, that's great, not everybody will or has to.
5: Maybe you should work on your English smile
Turkish music is pretty good, and so I can see why you wouldn't like the pieces since Turkish music has a completely different feel.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission