2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
38 members (benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, 3 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 128 of 136 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 135 136
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I've been busy, traveling a lot for work. Same for Wzkit. Don't know about Roxane though. smile

Originally Posted by chihuahua
Where is Snoopycar, Digitus, Roxane, Wzkit etc? All busy practising?

Jack! You're back!

By the way, I guess you should know the big names for piano in Singapore ... what brands are you thinking of?

You should try the Fazioli and Estonia (Emmanuel and sons), Shigeru Kawai (robert's piano), Yamaha S series, and of course, Digitus' baby - the Sauter!

Check out Bihua's blog:

http://piano-diary.blogspot.com/2008/07/piano-shops-in-singapore-piano-for.html

Nepotism: We promote family values here - almost as often as we promote family members.
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Chihuahua,

Thanks for the comprehensive list. With that big list, I will have no idea on which to visit.
Okay, for Fazioli and Estonia will be Emmanuel and Sons.
I played Shigeru here in Malaysia before, but will be happy to play somemore. Robert's Piano. (But which Robert's Piano to visit, they seem to have branches.)

Which store offers Steingraeber & Sons (that's a must play for me)?
Also, Sauter, Schimmel, Bechstein, Bluthner, Bosendorfer, Bohemia, Grotrian, Seiler, Mason & Hamlin etc.
Oh, will that be too many to visit? Or some of them are not available in Singapore as well.

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
This is so far my research returns.

Emmanuel & Sons ------- Fazioli, Estonia.
Chiu Piano ------------ Steingraeber, Schimmel, Bosendorfer, Wilh Steinberg
Robert Piano ---------- Bluthner, Shigeru (but which branch of Robert Piano to visit)
Piano Music Galleria -- Sauter, Schulze Pollmann, Pleyel
Gramercy Music -------- Bohemia

Seems to me that Bechstein, M&H, Seiler, Grotrian are not available in Singapore.
Did I miss out any important brands and piano stores?

Last edited by tanjinjack; 07/25/10 12:12 PM.
F
F
Seiler, Bechstein - Cristofori
Grotrian - You can try PIanomaster, which also has Hailun.

Haven't found M&H.

In progress

Beethoven: Op 109, Op 110
Pianomaster (ask for Jason) in geylang sells the Grotrian, but dunno whether he keeps any in his show room frown

there's no M&H in S'pore. I think Cristofori used to sell the Seiler, but since the ownership change (Samick bought Seiler), I wonder if they still do it.

Bechstein - not sure if available. many S'porean posters had disappeared; if not, you can ask them too.

Nepotism: We promote family values here - almost as often as we promote family members.
Problem is, even if you get a first class piano like the Steingraeber, who is the technician available to service and maintain that piano for you? I would love a Steingraeber in S'pore if I can find a technician to maintain it, and not just ANY technician.

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Chihuahua, that is really helpful. I guess it's worth a try. When I get into Singapore (tomorrow!!) and I'll give a call to Cristofori to confirm if they still take Seiler and Bechstein.

Is PianoMaster the one selling Hailun in Geylang that is opposite with Paya Lebar MRT?
Below is the entry from Bihua's blog. Is it this one?
Hailun Piano (better China make)
Showroom:
Blk 1016 Geylang East Ave 3 #01-143 Singapore 389731
(Opp Paya Lebar MRT & S’ Post Centre)
Tel: (65) 6747 7695 Fax: (65) 6747 9163

F
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
F
Problem is, even if you get a first class piano like the Steingraeber, who is the technician available to service and maintain that piano for you?
No worries, all pianos require the same maintenance. Settings may differ, but they'll be within a range. In any case, settings information can be obtained from the distributor. Your dealer should be able to do that.

One exception, which has recently been the subject of another thread, is voicing the hammers. Voicing is its own skill; not all techs have it. If you were to discover that you'd like to have the tone of certain notes altered, it would be a very good idea to be certain that your technician has received information re voicing directly from the factory. (Steingraeber probably uses Renner hammers, but that company makes a number of different hammers.)

Originally Posted by tanjinjack
Is PianoMaster the one selling Hailun in Geylang that is opposite with Paya Lebar MRT?
Showroom:

Yep! That's the address.

Do enjoy your stay in Singapore. Crowded and hot as usual. wink

Originally Posted by FogVilleLad
Problem is, even if you get a first class piano like the Steingraeber, who is the technician available to service and maintain that piano for you?
No worries, all pianos require the same maintenance. Settings may differ, but they'll be within a range. In any case, settings information can be obtained from the distributor. Your dealer should be able to do that.

One exception, which has recently been the subject of another thread, is voicing the hammers. Voicing is its own skill; not all techs have it. If you were to discover that you'd like to have the tone of certain notes altered, it would be a very good idea to be certain that your technician has received information re voicing directly from the factory. (Steingraeber probably uses Renner hammers, but that company makes a number of different hammers.)

hate to disappoint anyone, but piano techs in S'pore may not have the same expertise as those from the US. It's a far cry, to say the least. There are a few good ones though ... few, if you know who they are.

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Showroom:

Yep! That's the address.

Do enjoy your stay in Singapore. Crowded and hot as usual. wink

Thanks for the information. It has been a great help.
Wondering if I must make myself look like a prospective buyer or just merely someone to try out the brands (showing my true intention).

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Correct me if wrong.
Thomson Plaza (Chiu Piano) is near to Sin Ming Plaza (Music Galleria).
Gramecy (Tanjong Katong Road) is near to PianoMaster (Geylang).
Cristofori is further in Bedok.
Emmanuel is in Mackenzie Road, Little India (and is near to Alfa Centre or Mustafa Centre?)

Robert Piano has a few branch, so which one to go?

F
F
More or less. Not sure if Music Galleria is still open - you may have to give them a call since I have not been there before.

For Robert Piano, go to the Millennia walk branch for Steinway/Boston/Shigerus (or the Centrepoint one for Bluthner/Shigerus.)

Emmanuel is nearer Alfa Centre, not mustafa (which is some distance away.) For Cristofori you can go to the Funan Centre Branch too which is more central and has a Bechstein grand, Seiler upright and Knabe grand. Their housebrand is actually made by Young Chang and not too bad.

Remember to check their opening hours and call first to prevent a wasted trip.

In progress

Beethoven: Op 109, Op 110
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Thanks fj_s.

That is very very helpful.
I have been checking them out in the Google Map and it seems they are quite accessible through public transport. Good!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Digitus
I've been busy, traveling a lot for work. Same for Wzkit. Don't know about Roxane though. smile

Where is Snoopycar, Digitus, Roxane, Wzkit etc? All busy practising?

me busy too.....

wzkit beri free, always go piano shop to play piano smile hehehe

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Hey guys, just got back to Malaysia and had a very happy trip in testing out the great brands in Singapore.

Tried out the Chiu Piano in Thomson Plaza, then the Emmanuel & Sons where in the end I spent some time in Robert Piano, Centrepoint Orchard Road.

Tried Schimmel, Wilh. Steinberg, Steingraeber, Bluthner, Haessler uprights, and Steingraeber and Bluther is clearly a class higher than the rest.
Tried Bosie, Schimmel, Fazioli, restored NY Steinway, used Yamaha, Bluthner, Haessler and Shigeru grand. Wonderful NY Steinway (ivory keys!), others are very nice (Fazioli is not my cup of tea, but still a great piano), Haessler being less impressive, and Shigeru - to my surprise- being not better than I thought it could be.

Few facts though.
Emmanuels & Sons is located at 124 Mackenzie Road, instead of 148 listed on Bihua's blog.
Sauter is no longer available in The Music Galleria, Sin Ming Plaza. It's now in Victory Concert Mall/Hall (or something sounds similar to that).

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Just checking in to say Hi.

Has a "beginner piano" ever been found by O.P?

I've fallen behind reading...

Norbert wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I don't think the O.P. ever said whether he did or not, and hasn't been seen here for a long time. At least not using the same nick! smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The Sauter dealership hasn't been with Music Galleria for years. It is now with Raffles Piano, recently located in Victoria Concert Hall, opposite the box office on the ground floor. The VCH has just closed for a three year remodeling and Raffles Piano has moved elsewhere (but I don't know the address yet). smile

Hope you had a fun time visiting the various piano showrooms.

Hey guys, just got back to Malaysia and had a very happy trip in testing out the great brands in Singapore.

Tried out the Chiu Piano in Thomson Plaza, then the Emmanuel & Sons where in the end I spent some time in Robert Piano, Centrepoint Orchard Road.

Tried Schimmel, Wilh. Steinberg, Steingraeber, Bluthner, Haessler uprights, and Steingraeber and Bluther is clearly a class higher than the rest.
Tried Bosie, Schimmel, Fazioli, restored NY Steinway, used Yamaha, Bluthner, Haessler and Shigeru grand. Wonderful NY Steinway (ivory keys!), others are very nice (Fazioli is not my cup of tea, but still a great piano), Haessler being less impressive, and Shigeru - to my surprise- being not better than I thought it could be.

Few facts though.
Emmanuels & Sons is located at 124 Mackenzie Road, instead of 148 listed on Bihua's blog.
Sauter is no longer available in The Music Galleria, Sin Ming Plaza. It's now in Victory Concert Mall/Hall (or something sounds similar to that).

Page 128 of 136 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission