Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (AndyJoe, Anne'sson, aceydawg, accordeur, acollins, ando, 43 invisible), 1574 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#1484376 - 07/30/10 03:43 AM Chopin - Waltz in A minor
Rubén Plaza Ramos Offline

Well now its time for hollydays, but before i want to show you my last record.

The posthume waltz in A minor of Friederich Chopin. When you see the score its seems not to be finish, because there are no indications of dynamics, but it is still beautifull. I hope you enjoy.

In Spanish:

http://rubanetti.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/vals-en-la-menor-friederich-chopin/

or in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNgThf_i4U

regards

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#1484757 - 07/30/10 04:28 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
MF-Blues Offline

Excellent, what DP are you using?

Hopefully one day I'll be able to play like that.

Cheers

Martin

#1497909 - 08/17/10 01:36 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: MF-Blues]

Originally Posted By: MF-Blues
Excellent, what DP are you using?

Hopefully one day I'll be able to play like that.

Cheers

Martin

I use a Yamaha CLP-330 with the grand piano1 sound. With effort and practice everythings is posible, dont give up. If you need something tell us wink

#1498941 - 08/18/10 09:39 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
MikeN Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio
You play it very stiffly tempo wise. Remember, this is Chopin not Strauss. I don't think your playing this for anyone to dance to so use rubato and also pedaling the base chords would give it a far more lush tone.

#1499291 - 08/19/10 01:51 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: MikeN]
JustAnotherPianist Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: United Kingdom
I hear the notes, but not much else...
Listen to how the masters play Chopin waltzes.
Yours sounds like a machine is playing. This is music. You're allowed to play it musically. First things first-the left hand is not staccato. You need to use the pedal.

The general idea in Chopin is that the left hand plays strictly in time while the right hand plays freely. For advanced players it gets more complicated, but it's a good place for you to start.

Play around with it. Explore the possibilities of character which are present in this lovely music. It can be played in many ways, expressing many characters and emotions.

Yours failed to establish any character whatsoever. You butchered it cruelly.

I know you can do better.

#1516545 - 09/16/10 12:54 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
Pam T Offline

Loc: North Georgia
Your DP has a very nice tone - I'm also curious about what you recorded with as the sound is very clear.
1961 Baldwin Hamilton Studio
Korg SP-170
www.facebook.com/pamwt
www.PamTurnerPiano.com

#1520303 - 09/22/10 04:57 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Pam T]

Thanks you all for your comments. Instead of i havent reply i have take your comments and try to follow them. Thanks you so much for the help laugh

Originally Posted By: Pam T
Your DP has a very nice tone - I'm also curious about what you recorded with as the sound is very clear.

Hi Pam. I have a Yamaha CLP 330, the sound i use is the Grand Piano of yamaha which is in the DP. To record it i use the headPhones out, connected to a computer. This output is stereo and just i have to record it also in stereo. I never modify the tempo or anything of the record, just syncrhonize with the video recorded at the same time. If you have any doubt please tell me.

#1524040 - 09/27/10 11:37 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
Batuhan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Istanbul
Where is emotion ? You played it like a midi sorry but this is the worst Chopin a minor waltz interpretation i ever heard.

#1524044 - 09/27/10 11:53 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
Mark_C Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Rubanetti: With all due respect to the above post, what he said isn't true. smile

#1524236 - 09/28/10 10:13 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Mark_C]

Originally Posted By: Mark_C
Rubanetti: With all due respect to the above post, what he said isn't true. smile

Thanks you so much for your comment, i respect all the critics, i know im not the best player, and i play some pieces better than this one. I never take the critics like offense instead of that i always try to learn of my errors and look at the critics to improve my playing.

I really celebrate you dont think my playing is the worst. If there is only a person who like my playings its a good way to continue working. Thanks you so much.

#1524478 - 09/28/10 04:30 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
Batuhan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rubanetti
Originally Posted By: Mark_C

Thanks you so much for your comment, i respect all the critics, i know im not the best player, and i play some pieces better than this one. I never take the critics like offense instead of that i always try to learn of my errors and look at the critics to improve my playing.

I really celebrate you dont think my playing is the worst. If there is only a person who like my playings its a good way to continue working. Thanks you so much.

I didnt say your playing is worst i said your playing lack of emotion

#1525401 - 09/30/10 04:12 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Batuhan]

Originally Posted By: Batuhan

Hi Batuhan, you can believe me if i say that i appreciate your comment,And i can show that follow your comments, i have recently recorded The poet Speaks of Schumann as you recommend me. I always look at the critics to learn a improve my playing, and im very thankful for your comment, but if you want to say just that my playing is lack of emotion, which maybe is true, you have not explained yourself correctly, because you say:
Where is emotion ? You played it like a midi sorry but this is the worst Chopin a minor waltz interpretation i ever heard.

I hope i dont offend you with this comment, i really appreciate your comments but i preffer clear the question. Regards.

#1525431 - 09/30/10 06:04 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
Batuhan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Batuhan, you can believe me if i say that i appreciate your comment,And i can show that follow your comments, i have recently recorded The poet Speaks of Schumann as you recommend me. I always look at the critics to learn a improve my playing, and im very thankful for your comment, but if you want to say just that my playing is lack of emotion, which maybe is true, you have not explained yourself correctly, because you say:

I hope i dont offend you with this comment, i really appreciate your comments but i preffer clear the question. Regards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_rEhH5ocYE
You played here very emotional also i want to listen the poet speaks from you if you can put here. But your waltz in a minor recording indeed very disappointment for me. Maybe you have to use more sustain pedal, and rubato also your trills and mordents not expressive but your technique is good.

Edited by Batuhan (09/30/10 06:07 AM)

#1525485 - 09/30/10 09:07 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Batuhan]

I apreciate your comments Batuhan, i will try to follow your indications, i will try to put the video of "The poet speaks" on the forum, but im not fully conviced of my performance :S

#1525557 - 09/30/10 11:29 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
Batuhan Offline
500 Post Club Member

I apreciate your comments Batuhan, i will try to follow your indications, i will try to put the video of "The poet speaks" on the forum, but im not fully conviced of my performance :S

If you are not conviced about your performance of der dichter spricht watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8E_0glY3nI this video cortot played with perfection also you have to dream the piece rather than play it. This is the quote stuck in my head for 8 years.

#1526017 - 10/01/10 03:45 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Batuhan]

I have post the poet speaks in the forum, i hope you enjoy it.

#1539007 - 10/19/10 08:00 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Very good job. I think that perhaps you could use a bit more rubato (to make the left hand less metronome like) and maybe you could try to play a little bit more tenderly with a bit more legato (I find utilizing both finger and pedal legato very effective in Chopin). Also, you could use some more dynamic contrast. Even though it isn't indicated on the page, trust your fingers to let your heart feel where the dynamics should be. This valse is a beautiful one and dynamics can add to the beauty. Other than that, though, you played flawlessly and with a very waltz-like pace and a good tempo. Often I find the tempo of this valse overly dragged out or virtuosically fast, but this tempo was good. Keep up the good work!
--M

#1558947 - 11/16/10 11:39 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]

Thanks you for your comment, i will try to follow your indications and improve my playing of this waltz smile

#1572709 - 12/08/10 01:52 PM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
Ragip Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
i like how you play the grace notes.

#1575842 - 12/13/10 10:03 AM Re: Chopin - Waltz in A minor [Re: Rubén Plaza Ramos]
twilightindie Offline

Loc: Salamanca, Spain
The bass shouldn't be played in stacatto, you need to focus more on the pedaling.
You rush a little bit too much in some sections.
Try to fix that and post it again.
Good luck with it!
Bach Invention #1

What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Thanksgiving
by JoelW
11/27/14 01:12 PM
HAS ANYONE EVER PLAYED THIS?
by LuisFelix
11/27/14 12:29 PM
Piano evening at my teachers house
by Peter071
11/27/14 10:04 AM
Freelance collaborative pianist - money issues
by MiguelSousa
11/27/14 10:02 AM
Help for this student.... Notes!
by IPlayPiano
11/27/14 09:44 AM
Forum Stats
77067 Members
42 Forums
159398 Topics
2341513 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission