Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#1484255 - 07/29/10 11:55 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Jeff, your portrayal of the Atlanta roads sounds pretty treacherous. Hamamatsu isn't quite so bad, thankfully, however it does have its fair share of cracks, potholes, and wheel-swallowing gaps at the side of the road.

I was in pretty good shape when I came off, but now I'm feeling my muscle tone start to decline - it's horrible. ;(

Cheers,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#1484406 - 07/30/10 05:19 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
Fred Lierman Offline

Loc: Germany
When I was practicing yesterday I discovered the "string resonance" in the CN-33.
I read about this before buying the piano but didn't think so much of it. But after experimenting a bit with it on the CN-33 I was pleasently surprised.

Another thing I'd like to point out again is the ivory key touch.
It was one of the reasons why I chose the CN-33 over one of the Yamaha's that I was trying out.
Looking back on it I am very happy this keyboard has the ivory touch. The keys surface feel so smooth and pleasant.

I will keep updating my continueing experiences with the CN-33.
And I'm very glad to see other people enjoying this piano as well.

Fred

#1484418 - 07/30/10 06:19 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Fred Lierman]
eyst Offline

got mine today in satin black!

don't think I can assemble it alone so will try over the weekend!

#1484458 - 07/30/10 08:41 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: eyst]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
Let the sun come up in this part of the world, Fred, and I'll send you a photo of my solution of where to put dangerous, wet things like coffee cups, and shreddy things like where to mark and erase scores with pencils--- yes, you can have it all. I like the mp8ii's features but wish it could have the form factor of your cn-33... except that it would be nice to have the foot pedal and expression pedal integrated into the pedal lyre. Thanks for including the photos, it looks like such a nice place to play.

"Jeff, your portrayal of the Atlanta roads sounds pretty treacherous. Hamamatsu ...[has] its fair share of cracks, potholes, and wheel-swallowing gaps at the side of the road."

Atlanta was actually a beautiful place to live back then. Every place has its hazards, and cyclists are uniquely exposed to them. San Jose has a tree that sheds thorns that will, 100% guaranteed, put your bike tires out of business. So we have to not only watch the road, but the air.

"I was in pretty good shape when I came off, but now I'm feeling my muscle tone start to decline - it's horrible. ;("

It will come back, James. You will be a stronger athlete in the end. Those tendon injuries are worth tending, they are uniquely unforgiving. I have to guard the left arm when playing the AP to this day because of a bike injury years ago; I should have done what you're doing now.

#1485282 - 07/31/10 02:56 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
YoungH Offline

Loc: CA, USA
James,

Thanks for your info on the various built-in Alfred lesson books for the different Kawai models.

Originally Posted By: Kawai James

Unfortunately it's not possible to upgrade the ES6's software to add the lesson functionality of the CN/CA. However by connecting the instrument to a computer and replaying each Alfred song as a MIDI (assuming that the MIDI files are available) it should be possible to recreate much of the Kawai DP's functionality (adjusting tempo, muting left/right hand) - albeit with the convenience of operating the lessons from the instrument directly.

Could you please elaborate on your comment that, by replaying MIDI files, one can adjust tempo and mute left/right hand? I presume some additional software on the computer will need to be acquired?

I have read on one of the forum threads that MacBook Pro has "Garage Band". I wonder if such functionalities are already built-in features of "Garage Band"? Unfortunately I am a PC user. What will I need to acquire such functionalities for PC? Or will I have to go the MacBook Pro route?

YoungH

#1485291 - 07/31/10 03:24 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
Johan B Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands, Grootegast-Gr...
Kawai James,

So you have been unlucky.......so sorry for you.

Wish you all the best and speedy recovery thumb thumb

Keep smiling boy. eek smile blush

Best regards
Johan B

Currently working on:Sonaten of Haydn/Mozart, Suites Bach/Händel, Sonate pathetique Beethoven
'Nil volentibus arduum'

#1485306 - 07/31/10 03:52 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Johan B]
Johan B Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands, Grootegast-Gr...
Mawima, Fred and Spanishbuddha....nice pics of the Kawai.

James you can be proud of the product you're working for....

Best regards,

Johan B

Currently working on:Sonaten of Haydn/Mozart, Suites Bach/Händel, Sonate pathetique Beethoven
'Nil volentibus arduum'

#1485356 - 07/31/10 05:07 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
More great CN33 pics from eyst are here.

#1485442 - 07/31/10 07:38 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: YoungH]
9000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: YoungH
Could you please elaborate on your comment that, by replaying MIDI files, one can adjust tempo and mute left/right hand? I presume some additional software on the computer will need to be acquired?

I believe most, if not all MIDI sequencing software allows the playback tempo to be adjusted, and for individual tracks to be turned on and off. As suggested, it's perhaps not as convenient as controlling everything from piano's control panel, however it's certainly possible.

GarageBand is only available for Mac OS, however similar applications do exist, ranging in price and complexity.

Kind regards,
James
x

#1485445 - 07/31/10 07:40 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Johan B]
9000 Post Club Member

Johan B,

Thank you, I'm trying to remain as positive about my injury as possible.

Cheers,
James
x

#1485645 - 08/01/10 01:35 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
YoungH Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Kawai James

I believe most, if not all MIDI sequencing software allows the playback tempo to be adjusted, and for individual tracks to be turned on and off. ...

GarageBand is only available for Mac OS, however similar applications do exist, ranging in price and complexity.

James,

Thank you very much for the info of MIDI sequencing software, and for your comment on GarageBand.

YoungH

#1488866 - 08/05/10 05:33 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: YoungH]
bluebilly Offline

Loc: England
-
I finally ordered my CN-33, I did one more trip around the piano dealers, re-tried the competition, and decided the CN-33 was the best buy. I did consider the CA-63 but decided the CN-33 had my basic requirements, a nice keyboard and a nice grand piano sound. I've only ordered my CN-33 30 minutes ago on-line so I'm not aware of the delivery date yet. I'll try to post pictures when I get it but the room it's going into is so small there's barely room for me, the piano, desk, printers and bookcases, I may have to take the door of the room off to get the piano in. Unfortunately my long legs negate my buying a compact piano and I can't compete with my wife's 42" TV, and constant soap operas, in our living room where I would have more space, so, in the interests of marital bliss I'm putting the piano back into my study.

BTW. O/T. James, I empathise with your recent cycling accident, I too am an avid cyclist, up until 10 years ago I used to make annual trips cycle-camping down through France into Spain. These days I do three rides per week of around 20 miles, just for the exercise.
-

#1488888 - 08/05/10 06:04 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: bluebilly
-
I finally ordered my CN-33, I did one more trip around the piano dealers, re-tried the competition, and decided the CN-33 was the best buy. I did consider the CA-63 but decided the CN-33 had my basic requirements, a nice keyboard and a nice grand piano sound. I've only ordered my CN-33 30 minutes ago on-line so I'm not aware of the delivery date yet. I'll try to post pictures when I get it but the room it's going into is so small there's barely room for me, the piano, desk, printers and bookcases, I may have to take the door of the room off to get the piano in. Unfortunately my long legs negate my buying a compact piano and I can't compete with my wife's 42" TV, and constant soap operas, in our living room where I would have more space, so, in the interests of marital bliss I'm putting the piano back into my study.

BTW. O/T. James, I empathise with your recent cycling accident, I too am an avid cyclist, up until 10 years ago I used to make annual trips cycle-camping down through France into Spain. These days I do three rides per week of around 20 miles, just for the exercise.
-

Yes! Another CN33 player from the UK and on PW. Congrats. Looking forward to the photo's when yours is delivered.

I ordered from a local store and got a price close to, but not quite as good as the best you can find on Google for an Internet retailer. I will update the prices thread after 3 months (at the request of the dealer).

OT: I'm a fair weather cyclist, so not that regular in the UK smile but cycling in the UK on public roads is dicey IMHO (probable understatement). I've been lucky so far, touch wood.

Edited by spanishbuddha (08/05/10 06:05 PM)

#1488891 - 08/05/10 06:07 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
9000 Post Club Member

bluebilly/crusader, congratulations!

Which finish did you go for, just out of interest?
And, if you don't mind my asking, is there a particular reason why you opted to purchase the instrument online, rather than from the dealer's shop?

O/T: A friend has recently returned from a cycling tour throughout Europe. It's certainly something I would also love to do in the future, however for the time being I shall just focus on returning to fitness and building back up to my regular riding schedule, before continuing to explore Japan. This time last year I was riding to Tokyo, currently I'd just be happy to make it to the supermarket and back.

Anyway, good luck with your CN33, getting the door off your study, and maintaining marital bliss. wink

Cheers,
James
x

#1489151 - 08/06/10 12:05 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
bluebilly Offline

Hi James,
I went for the Rosewood finish and saved around £200 purchasing on-line from Germany. However, I've only placed the order so far, I'm expecting to receive email confirmation today.

#1490421 - 08/07/10 07:23 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
Daniela Danesi Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi everyone,
I also got my new kawai cn 33 the last week: I'm very happy about the feel, the keys and the sound too. I took it mahogany and I like it so much. I had to buy it in Germany on line because in Italy it was selt in very few shops but everything went fine about the delivery.

#1490473 - 08/07/10 08:25 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
9000 Post Club Member

Congratulations on your new piano Daniela, and welcome to the forum!

Great choice of finish too - Mahogany is also my personal favourite (it looks really terrific in the brochure...).

Cheers,
James
x

#1490489 - 08/07/10 08:51 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
Daniela Danesi Offline

Hi James,
as soon as possible I will send a piano's pic. I also better like the mahogany forniture. I really think this piano is so great choise considering the price and the quality of the sound and the keyboard. I didn't think the speakers could work so good when I tried it in a music contest in Bologna ( I must admit that was a so big noise mess there) but they do so well at home even if the power is only 20 watts.
In the start I wanted to buy the ca 63 but then I decided for the cn 33 also to spare some money and I'm very happy now about my choise.

#1490494 - 08/07/10 08:57 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
Daniela Danesi Offline

I saw in a shop on line a new color forniture : the white one :-)
It seems kawai is going to launch other colors of our favourite piano. I think the kawai cn 33 is going to be appreciate on the market.
Greetings

#1490503 - 08/07/10 09:08 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
9000 Post Club Member

Daniela, yes, we're adding a white model to the line-up. wink

It's obviously not for everyone, however I'm sure some consumers will appreciate the ability to match the piano with the rest of their furniture.

May I ask where you saw the CN33W online, by the way?

Cheers,
James
x

#1490507 - 08/07/10 09:15 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
Daniela Danesi Offline

I saw it in a german shop on line called "bauer - music" and it was already on sell. Is that model different from the other ones only about the color or about something else?

#1490509 - 08/07/10 09:24 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
9000 Post Club Member

Daniela, thank you.

To answer your question, the technical specifications of the white CN33 are identical to the standard finish models. The changes are purely cosmetic (white cabinet, white panel strip).

Cheers,
James
x

#1490713 - 08/08/10 06:31 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Daniela Danesi
Hi everyone,
I also got my new kawai cn 33 the last week: I'm very happy about the feel, the keys and the sound too. I took it mahogany and I like it so much. I had to buy it in Germany on line because in Italy it was selt in very few shops but everything went fine about the delivery.

Daniela, welcome to the growing PW group of CN33 players. It's a great DP. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

#1490775 - 08/08/10 10:16 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: spanishbuddha]
Daniela Danesi Offline

Hi spanishbuddha I have already taken some pics of my new cn 33 but I don't know how I can send them on the forum from my pc. I'm a little clumpsy about all these technical things and I'm also new on the forum :-) The most problems is how I can put the pics on the display forum. Could you help me pls.
Best regards

#1490860 - 08/08/10 01:27 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...html#Post908865

This describes how to send images to the PW 'holding cell' and then insert them in a post. It seems clumsy at first, but it's not actually hard if you 'cut-and-paste' the image location from the e-mail PW sends you.

It would be great to see your photos of your music room.

#1490928 - 08/08/10 03:07 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Jeff Clef]
Daniela Danesi Offline

I hope it's working now that should to show my new DP Kawai cn 33. thanks especially to Jeff who explained me how to send the pics.
Greetings

#1490965 - 08/08/10 03:50 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Daniela, thanks for the pic. I had not seen a mahogany finish before, except in the brochures. Looks great.

I guess that you had to assemble it yourself if it was an Internet delivery?

Enjoy your CN33. It's a great DP from Kawai, really good value for the price.

#1491292 - 08/08/10 11:49 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
Upright Offline

Loc: Germany
Congratulation to your CN33. The Mahagony looks great as well. Also the bench matches the pianos color very nicely.

#1491416 - 08/09/10 07:09 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Upright]
Daniela Danesi Offline

Hi spanishbuddha and Mawima, yes I am so happy with my new DP. Spanishbuddha I couldn't assemble it alone because the keyboard was heavy fortunally a couple of friends helped me so it was easy and fast.
If I must be honest they did the hard work:-)
That should be interesting to know what setting are you using for your cn 33 to share some suggestions.
Greetings

#1491423 - 08/09/10 07:28 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
bluebilly Offline

I just received email confirming my order for my CN-33 is being processed, I'm just waiting for a delivery date now.....exciting ain't it?

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22
by amanda416
Today at 09:04 PM
Returning to piano, advice on slow learning process
by roninpro
Today at 07:57 PM
Anton Kuerti and Cyprien Katsaris
by pianoloverus
Today at 07:09 PM
Pianists' tessitura
by Riddler
Today at 06:54 PM
Fingering for "Wind (Naruto)" excerpt
by longyodel127
Today at 05:28 PM
Who's Online
124 registered (accordeur, 3times2, A Guy, ando, amanda416, 34 invisible), 1249 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76233 Members
42 Forums
157592 Topics
2314807 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission