Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 152 of 191 < 1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 190 191 >
Topic Options
#1700141 - 06/22/11 08:40 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
RyanMortos Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
My copy of Alfred's book 1 has a bunch of songs after Amazing Grace. Currently I'm trying to work on Over the Rainbow (anyone have any tips on that one? Looks like both hands jump an octave half way through and there's some sort of warble with two keys?). I'm still smoothing out The Entertainer but it's pretty much there. On the side I'm working with a Bach Prelude which is smooth & just starting a Tschaikowsky piece called Morning Prayer. My teacher suggests I'll be through the book by the fall smile .
Currently working on: Alfred's Level 2- Theme from the Overture (from the opera "Raymond"). Other stuff- Peter and the Wolf, Saber Dance, Emily (jazz tune), A fine romance (left hand chords only, right hand melody).

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1700197 - 06/22/11 11:15 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Jim Ost and Nicole94707, thank you for your encouraging words. I've decided I'm going to pull out all the proper practice stops on this, and practice playing, first the last note (chord) of the offending measures, first HS and then HT. Then the last two notes, HS and HT. Then the last three. And so on until I've glued it back into the part that I can play. I won't play the pieces through until I've done this.

My problem measures are the last measure of each line of Little Brown Jug, and the last two measures of each second ending in Chiapanecas.

#1700202 - 06/22/11 11:27 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

RyanMortos, the "warble" in Over The Rainbow when the hands jump an octave is a sign for a quickly arpeggiated chord. If you're in the Adult All-In-One course which has Over The Rainbow on page 144, this is explained on page 125 with O Sole Mio. One thing that's different in Rainbow is that the LH and RH chords each have their own arpeggio sign, whereas in Sole Mio there was one arpeggio sign spanning both hands. For the separate LH/RH signs in Rainbow, you arpeggiate the LH and RH at the same time. That is, play C (LH) and E (RH) on the beat, and then immediately after, while holding down those notes, play the second note of each chord at the same time as each other: that is, G (LH) and A (RH) sound at the same time. If the chords were taller you'd continue to roll through the successively higher notes with LH and RH rolling at the same time. In Sole Mio, the single arpeggio sign means the LH rolls first, and then the RH.

#1700340 - 06/23/11 05:29 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
clayts Offline

Loc: Banned
The most hardest piece to play on this 1 book is over the rainbow"correct" (yes..)

#1700402 - 06/23/11 08:38 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Further on the quick arpeggio sign: as you play each note, you contine to hold it down through the rest of the duration of the chord so that at the end of the roll you're holding the whole chord.

In other news: a miracle! I have got Little Brown Jug to lie nicely under my hands! I didn't have to resort to the full practice procedure. I took the book to bed with me last night and studied the piece visually and analytically until I had it memorized. Then I thought about the hand movements involved in the difficult measures, in particular the spread involved going from Bb-E in measure 3 to A-F in measure 4. I played the RH silently on the bedclothes. The next morning, I played it from memory (slowly) a couple of times, and then played it several more times looking at the music and found I could play it a bit faster and still hit all the notes. Amazing.

It's not up to speed yet, but now it is lying comfortably under my hands so I know my normal procedure of playing slowly and gradually increasing speed will bring it to full speed in time.

#1700418 - 06/23/11 09:08 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
Jim Ost Offline

PS88,

I like to study the song away from the piano as well (for the melody/harmony relationships, rhythm etc). I was relaxing on the back porch yesterday and ended up putting my hands on the edge of the table and "playing" a couple of measures of a new song to get a feel for the rhythm.

I also like to visualize my hands playing a song, I guess it's called mental play. This helps quite a bit, much more than I thought it would when I heard about it. It's like getting extra experience playing the song.

Jim

#1700438 - 06/23/11 09:56 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: clayts]
steveMac Offline

Loc: El Paso, TX
Originally Posted By: clayts
The most hardest piece to play on this 1 book is over the rainbow"correct" (yes..)

I would say, of the seven additional pieces, after Amazing Grace, Somewhere over the rainbow is the easiest.

At Last was more difficult and Singing in the Rain is a step up again. These last seven pieces all seem to get progressively more difficult which wasn't always the case with the rest of the book.

#1700916 - 06/24/11 12:00 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Jim Ost]
Nicole94707 Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Originally Posted By: Jim Ost
PS88,

I like to study the song away from the piano as well (for the melody/harmony relationships, rhythm etc). I was relaxing on the back porch yesterday and ended up putting my hands on the edge of the table and "playing" a couple of measures of a new song to get a feel for the rhythm.

I also like to visualize my hands playing a song, I guess it's called mental play. This helps quite a bit, much more than I thought it would when I heard about it. It's like getting extra experience playing the song.

Jim

This is an excellent technique for all learning. I have written some of my best essays as well as songs when I am relaxed and away from the computer, guitar or piano...

This works especially well when you do this just before you go to bed.

So, last night I tried my hand at "The Entertainer" I had tried to learn this about a year ago with very poor sight reading skills and got frustrated and gave up. Now, I could probably master this song rather quickly but I am going to go back to where I left off (page 51?) and work my way back up.

Edited by Nicole94707 (06/24/11 11:20 AM)
Les Paul Custom Deluxe
Fender Deluxe Strat
Sonar X Producer

#1701728 - 06/25/11 09:30 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: PianoStudent88]
RyanMortos Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
PS88,

Thanks for the tips you suggested I found the pages in the book you mentioned. I think the difference that was catching me was 2 note quick arpeggio as opposed to the 3 note quick arpeggios I seen before in Amazing Grace and such. I'm still working on it I'm sure it'll come together soon enough!

Ryan
Currently working on: Alfred's Level 2- Theme from the Overture (from the opera "Raymond"). Other stuff- Peter and the Wolf, Saber Dance, Emily (jazz tune), A fine romance (left hand chords only, right hand melody).

#1703130 - 06/27/11 05:30 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Glad that helped, RyanMortos.

Jim Ost and Nicole94707, good to hear of the benefits of mental playing cause that's all I've got for four days. (On a trip.).

I can now vouch for the method of slow practice note by note from the end of the difficult section, because, ta-da, Chiapenecas has succumbed to this method. It's still not reliably up to speed, but it's in that zone where consistent practice will increase the speed gradually. Let's hope it gets all the way there before my next lesson!

#1703410 - 06/28/11 05:23 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
fliper Offline

Loc: Angola (Africa)

I am now on "Got Those Blues". I liked the eighth notes played a bit unevenly.

#1703492 - 06/28/11 09:36 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
Lefty Chev Offline

Loc: NY
I'm working on Can Can but I haven't really put in too much time with it. I can play the right hand separately but I haven't done a lot with trying to play hands together. Old Smokey wasn't all that tough. Took a little bit of time to get it mistake free, but there wasn't any frustrating parts.

#1703618 - 06/28/11 01:38 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
scotpgot Offline

Stay loose.

#1705450 - 07/01/11 08:40 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

fliper, I like swinging the eighths in all the blues pieces. Hope my teacher agrees.

I've got my lesson tomorrow, and hoping to pass Little Brown Jug and Chiapenecas. I've started practicing ahead in the book, all the way through Amazing Grace, and playing (but not really practicing yet) the remaining pieces after that.

Starting from Amazing Grace, the pieces seem to be an order of magnitude harder than what has come before. We've been playing I-IV-V ad nauseam, and now they throw in jazz voicings and a zillion accidentals? Wierd. I'm glad of the challenge, I guess, but I hope it doesn't slow me down too much in getting finished with the book. I'm estimating 3-6 weeks remaining.

#1706148 - 07/02/11 11:28 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Having played Amazing Grace several times now, I have got to say, that is the most florid arrangement of it I have ever heard. Bah. A good challenge technically, but musically, ugh. In my imagination it is a much sparser song. It makes me want to try my hand at making my own arrangement. One verse with four voices, and one verse with a counterpoint in the bass, or maybe (wouldn't this be fun) a fugue.

#1706180 - 07/02/11 12:43 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
Jim Ost Offline

yes,at this level, it seems the pieces are much more for technical training rather than music appreciation.......lol

someday, I'll be able to play nice sounding music that my wife my enjoy hearing (headphones these days!).

The first songs, at the end of the book, I've been assigned are Scarborough Fair, He's got the Whole World...., and Amazing Grace.

The three note tremelo at the first note of the triplet is taking some time to play evenly but getting there.

Jim

#1706208 - 07/02/11 01:31 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
Michael Steen Offline

Loc: Sciota, Pennsylvania
I too have been working on "Amazing Grace." It's lovely, but I'm still having trouble making the transition between phrases. There's always just a little hesitation, and I can tell, and it's driving me batty. Sometimes I get rid of it entirely for two or three phrases, but then it creeps back in. I think it's because there are a lot of shifts in hand position.

OTOH, "At Last" came along much quicker than I thought it would, and I'm making good progress (after only two sessions) on "Singin' in the Rain." The end is in sight for Alfred's #1--I've been working at it since February--and then it's on to #2.

However, I'm not SO stupid as to think that once I'm through with #1 I need never go back to it. I fully intend to keep stepping back as I move forward, polishing the pieces every time.

#1706344 - 07/02/11 07:06 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Michael Steen, you may know this already but two ways to practice getting the transitions without a break are: 1. Look ahead during the last measure of a phrase to see in advance where you have to get to, and 2. practice the transitions alone, slowly: just the last measure of a phrase, and the first measure of the following phrase.

I passed LBJ and Chiapenecas today, and now I'm assigned everything through The Entertainer. This is good because it will give me an extra week to work on Amazing Grace. I've got to really buckle down on Whole World: it's deceptively simple, and finds umpteen ways to trip me up. Grrrrrrrr.

#1706371 - 07/02/11 08:19 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
Michael Steen Offline

Loc: Sciota, Pennsylvania
PianoStudent88, yes, I know to do those things, and I do them. But, sadly, knowing what to do and doing it does not always (or at least quickly) turn into having done it. It's a slow slog, but it will come.

As to "Whole World," welcome to the club. It's tricky in lots of ways that aren't apparent when you start. Good luck.

#1709186 - 07/07/11 03:57 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Today I played Whole World a bit slower than usual -- not slow, but not trying to start out racing through it, just relaxed -- and I got all the way through the first time through without a mistake! Hooray!

I've started practicing the remaining pieces in the book (as opposed to just playing them through). It's hard because I'd really rather just play them through, instead of picking them apart to focus on the harder parts. But today I seem to have gotten most of them to the point where *most* parts are pretty smooth, so the un-smooth parts stand out like a sore thumb. So I've been bracketing those bits and making myself give them individual attention.

I discovered another technique (I may have mentioned this before), which is *memorizing* the problematic bar. I don't memorize easily, no matter how many times I've played a piece, but if I focus on just one measure I can remember how it goes. Then I can practice it mentally away from the keyboard, and at the keyboard I can practice it with a little more attention because I don't have to look at the music, plus it helps me practice the measure as a unified physical gesture, instead of having the small gap of noticing which notes come next. I'm not entirely sure why it works (despite that list) but it has worked in a couple of places for me (including that dread D-major measure 11 of The Entertainer) so I guess it's time for me to try it on other pieces too.

Some pieces though, it's hard to know what to break down. For example in Amazing Grace it seems as if almost every measure it is a chore to transition from one LH position to the next for the following measure. So do I keep playing AG all the way through over and over? (Including some LH-only practice...). Or do I stop and play one transition over and over, and then go on and play the next transition over and over, etc.? Hmmmm, having asked the question I think I've found the answer: practice each transition several times over, to really cement in my fingers how *that particular* transition goes, before going on and doing the same for the *next particular* transition.

I had to go out of town unexpectedly so missed my lesson this week. On the plus side, that means I have my material down for next lesson *really* well, what with the extra practice. On the minus side, that's one more week that I'm going to be loafing around in Alfred 1. I'm eager to start some lovely Baroque repertoire after Alfred! On the plus side again, that's one more week of practice on the final pieces in the book I can use to pass them more quickly with when they *do* get assigned.

#1711159 - 07/11/11 06:20 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
fliper Offline

Finished "Got Those Blues". I need to practice the dynamics. I will start today "Chasing the Blues Away"

I made a few recordings:

018 - Dueling Harmonics
http://www.box.net/shared/1k58q806j3dz9oyd346m

019 - Brother John
http://www.box.net/shared/bfjr581g6ndediinan9h

019 - Brother John Broken Chords (not in the book)
http://www.box.net/shared/bjk2mhcleg8proseaolz

020 - Here s a Happy Song
http://www.box.net/shared/o38qghl0xkuicfcb4ida

021 - Merrily We Roll Along
http://www.box.net/shared/5aj5qf6ck14hpdnyzteo

022 - Largo
http://www.box.net/shared/i2auidr16n5vhm59jkd6

023 - Mary Ann
http://www.box.net/shared/4g567huxozr2st03q9yh

024 - Rockets
http://www.box.net/shared/ygr33xlpoxjfuue2zgcs

025 - What Can I Share
http://www.box.net/shared/t0tmfexh2uj3mvtivvt5

026 - Day is Done
http://www.box.net/shared/e11ns813d6cbvp7aooj8

027 - When the Saints Go Marching In v1
http://www.box.net/shared/b1hkvta3ql3zrnokia3t

028 - When the Saints Go Marching In v2
http://www.box.net/shared/oe0td8vjsc9ccmqr5t7a

061 - Joy to the World
http://www.box.net/shared/zh73vsc9x03j6n1hhid6

062 - Cockles and Mussels
http://www.box.net/shared/9gsgmaovxrb1sr1a8mk4

#1711241 - 07/11/11 09:56 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

You've been working hard, fliper! How do you like the blues pieces?

I've discovered a new trick for Amazing Grace, which is saying the names of the chords to myself just before I play them: C, C7, F, C, C, D7, G, etc. I'm not sure why this works, except maybe it's a way of making myself read ahead. Maybe eventually I'll be able to read ahead without the reminder of the sotto voce chord names.

#1711270 - 07/11/11 11:01 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: PianoStudent88]
Peace-Piece Offline

I'm also working on amazing grace/over the rainbow. I found amazing grace harder because of all the changes to remember.

I noticed most of the videos on youtube stop at amazing grace. Are there any recordings floating around of the last few pieces in the book?

Still waiting on the new DP and start lessons again. I think the biggest thing I need to work on at the moment is playing evenly. Does anyone have any advice on how to practice playing smoothly and evenly? My recordings sound fairly choppy and unpleasant. I know smoothness and musicality comes with time, but any tips to help me along the way?

Edited by Peace-Piece (07/11/11 11:05 AM)

#1711387 - 07/11/11 02:13 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Peace-Piece, when you mention "all the changes to remember," does that mean you primarily memorize the pieces in Alfred?

My challenge is definitely looking a measure ahead so I know if I should be moving my hand during the rest or keeping it mostly in place.

I found a new thing that seemed to help today, which was tapping my foot. I was playing on the fast side of the range of tempos I use for this piece so far, but tapping my foot seemed to discipline myself to stay really attentive to the music.

#1711646 - 07/11/11 10:29 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: PianoStudent88]
Peace-Piece Offline

Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88
Peace-Piece, when you mention "all the changes to remember," does that mean you primarily memorize the pieces in Alfred?

Yeah, I decided when I started I wanted to be able to memorize everything. In the process I neglected sight reading somewhat. Ideally I'd like to be able to do both equally well.

#1711778 - 07/12/11 05:27 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Peace-Piece]
fliper Offline

Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88
You've been working hard, fliper! How do you like the blues pieces?

I like the blues pieces. Swinging the eights is fun.

Originally Posted By: Peace-Piece
I noticed most of the videos on youtube stop at amazing grace. Are there any recordings floating around of the last few pieces in the book?

Here are some links taken from this thread of "Amazing Grace" recordings

Angelojf
http://www.box.net/shared/ysqmzrul60

Mark
http://www.box.net/shared/kayh4h3kss

Strings & Wood
http://www.box.net/shared/1evyg15ako

GracieCat - Recital #19
http://abf.make247.co.uk/recital_files/Recital_19/30.%20GracieCat%20-%20Amazing%20Grace.mp3

you also have the videos of PianoNoobAlex
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=PianoNoobAlexMan&p=r

Originally Posted By: Peace-Piece
Does anyone have any advice on how to practice playing smoothly and evenly? My recordings sound fairly choppy and unpleasant. I know smoothness and musicality comes with time, but any tips to help me along the way?

I read that practicing scales can help, because you memorized the scale and then you can concentrate in other things like play ebenly, speed, dynamics. I pratice those things with the Hanon and other exercises from Alfred AIO 1 book (4 or 5 minutes as warm up).

#1711995 - 07/12/11 01:46 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Peace-piece (one of my fav's, by the way)

Quote:
I think the biggest thing I need to work on at the moment is playing evenly. Does anyone have any advice on how to practice playing smoothly and evenly? My recordings sound fairly choppy and unpleasant. I know smoothness and musicality comes with time, but any tips to help me along the way?

It sounds like you just need to start practicing on smaller "chunks." Find a phrase in the music that you think sounds choppy and unmusical. Back up and start a couple notes before that phrase and end with a couple notes after the phrase. Decide how you would like it to sound and try to play it that way. Do not move on until you are satisfied that you can play that phrase musically and evenly. If you are still struggling, then break it up into smaller pieces and work on those one at a time.

Another tip is to practice a phrase very slow and very loud for 4 or 5 repetitions. Then go on to something else. Do it slow and loud again on day two. On day three try to play it musically as you wish it to sound.

Good luck, learning how to practice is half the battle IMO.

Jim

Estonia L190 #7284

#1712811 - 07/13/11 07:24 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
Pie Offline

Guys, how is the DVD? I've given in, and I'm going to order book one from amazon....for another 20 dollars I can get a DVD so I want to know if it's any good or if there's any point. Obviously it is easier to learn from a book, but I would still use it if it's good.

Also, I realized that there is a theory book and there's another book, which is the learning one or something. Am I supposed to buy both book one and theory book one?

Please help out if you have any answers....I resisted from making a new thread!

edit: I also realized there is a finger aerobics book...what about that?

Edited by Pie (07/13/11 07:30 PM)

#1712833 - 07/13/11 08:39 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: JimF]
Nicole94707 Offline

Loc: San Francisco

Quote:
I think the biggest thing I need to work on at the moment is playing evenly. Does anyone have any advice on how to practice playing smoothly and evenly? My recordings sound fairly choppy and unpleasant. I know smoothness and musicality comes with time, but any tips to help me along the way?

You might try taking some of the pieces that you have learned (pieces that you like) and improvising them and playing them in a different style. Like I remember in Piano I, I took Mary Had a Little Lamb and inserted into my final recital playing it swing style, it worked!
Les Paul Custom Deluxe
Fender Deluxe Strat
Sonar X Producer

#1712903 - 07/13/11 11:16 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 [Re: Mark...]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Pie, the most convenient book to use is Alfred's "Adult All-In-One Course, Level 1: Lesson, Theory, Technic." Here is a link to it at amazon. The idea is you only need to buy one book. It includes some theory and some finger exercises along with the pieces to play. It also comes with a spiral binding so it lays flat easily on the music desk.

The series you're looking at is probably the Adult Basic. It is not spiral bound so you have to clip the pages together to get it to lie open. It covers almost exactly the same pieces as the All-In-One. The Theory and Finger Aerobics books probably cover more material than the All-In-One, which you may or may not want. The idea is that for this series, you would buy all three books: the Lesson, the Theory, and optionally the Finger Aerobics.

Lots of people on this thread have used the All-In-One and found it sufficient.

Page 152 of 191 < 1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 190 191 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (accordeur, alex-kid, Almaviva, ando, 48 invisible), 1371 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153563 Topics
2250586 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
40 minutes 56 seconds ago
the conclusion on weighted keys and developing technique
by B.Petrovic
47 minutes 4 seconds ago
song i wrote about a coffee shop
by jedplays
59 minutes 19 seconds ago
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
Today at 08:48 PM
Supporting young student
by Cardinal201
Today at 08:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission