Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 14 of 25 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#2100825 - 06/11/13 07:47 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: OperaTenor]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Originally Posted By: OperaTenor
Maybe this piano was owned by a time traveler?
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/3842500209.html

The daughter must have played that Bob Dylan song with the line,
"Ah, but I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now."

(ad PTG 568) Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
#2101065 - 06/11/13 05:38 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
Jim Frazee Offline

Loc: Westchester County, New York
"There are two keys that may need to be tuned." Yessiree, white ones and black ones.

#2103238 - 06/16/13 09:59 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
BrainCramp Offline

Loc: USA
I'd have trouble concentrating here, but of course I'm still a beginner.

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/3872662895.html

#2103248 - 06/16/13 10:25 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: BrainCramp]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Originally Posted By: BrainCramp
I'd have trouble concentrating here, but of course I'm still a beginner.

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/3872662895.html

Wow. Maybe it lights up too.
(I wonder if the door handle display on the right is also for sale!)

#2103827 - 06/17/13 12:45 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
Rod Verhnjak Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B.C. Canada
This shop is still using one of my photos from my shop. The Victorian Steinway "A" second picture. Seen this add in a few locations. Even though he said he would remove it. He has not. FUNNY????

http://spokane.craigslist.org/msg/3850876608.html

Exclusive Dealer For Charles R. Walter Pianos
www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

#2103835 - 06/17/13 12:54 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
Minnesota Marty Online   content

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014

Loc: Rochester MN
NOT FUNNY !!!!

This scammer should have legal action brought against him. Obviously the pictures he shows are not of his work. It is flat out false advertising, and I would like to seem him produce a rebuilt/restored M&H for $1.

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.

#2103952 - 06/17/13 04:56 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Minnesota Marty]
AndyJ Offline

Loc: Near Dayton, Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty
NOT FUNNY !!!!

This scammer should have legal action brought against him. Obviously the pictures he shows are not of his work. It is flat out false advertising, and I would like to seem him produce a rebuilt/restored M&H for $1.

Not to defend someone using pictures from another person's shop, but it's commonplace on Craigslist to use $1 ads like the one in this link when advertising a business rather than specific items.

I don't feel like wading through Craigslist's terms of use, but I imagine using pictures from someone else's shop violates them. Ron, you should click the "prohibited" link to the right of the word "flag".

Andy

#2103993 - 06/17/13 06:30 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
Allan W. Online   content

Loc: Michigan

#2104004 - 06/17/13 06:54 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]

#2104012 - 06/17/13 07:09 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
terminaldegree Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: western Wisconsin
For that very "retro" class piano experience...Yikes!! Don't show that to the administrators here...
Casio px-200, Bechstein A190 #192939 @ home
Steinway A #585209, B #416809 @ work
Schimmel 130T #339100, on loan

#2104022 - 06/17/13 07:42 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: terminaldegree]

Originally Posted By: terminaldegree
For that very "retro" class piano experience...Yikes!! Don't show that to the administrators here...

Now all I can think of is Three Blind Mice!

#2104116 - 06/17/13 11:15 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Minnesota Marty]
berninicaco3 Offline

Loc: iowa city, ia
http://dubuque.craigslist.org/zip/3871524913.html

It's a scam, no surprise. Just for "the lolz" (I hate that phrase, yet, it works so well...), I wrote the donor and am following through with the scam. I'm always curious with these things, exactly where the point is that money has to change hands. It's safe up until that point. Oh, and if they want personal information, just give something fake. Just in case; although unless they have my social security number I'm not sure what they could do with just a street address.

Our conversation was along the lines of, he's a god-fearing preacher moving from... Kansas? To north dakota.
Using a texan moving company (from the area code)
and he'll donate the piano (to someone in dubuque, iowa, of all places), IF I pay $300 to the moving company to cover their expenses in changing the destination.

Yeah, right!

I'll keep my kimball mechanics special smile

Edited by berninicaco3 (06/17/13 11:16 PM)

#2104121 - 06/17/13 11:24 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
berninicaco3 Offline

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/msg/3841030663.html

are they crazy, or, do 1960s electronics have some collectors value that I'm too much of a philistine to grasp?

Btw-- Mr. Verhnjak. I took the liberty to call out the poster on the false photo. It is NOT good craigslist etiquette, and, I like craigslist.
He very reasonably agreed with me and asked that I point out which photo is not his own.

That's kind of crazy, because, either he knows darn well which he pirated, or, he pirated all of them and none are from his workshop, and he just doesn't know which he pirated from YOU! smile
Either way, can you tell me which piano you restored, of his photos there, so I can in turn inform him myself?

#2104129 - 06/17/13 11:39 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
David, Las Vegas Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/msg/3877387436.html

Gee, Only a few little things missing? Who's idea was it to make those upper cut a ways. And how does a mirror make it any more special?
1931 Mason Hamlin AA

#2104137 - 06/17/13 11:46 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: David, Las Vegas]
berninicaco3 Offline

"Gee, Only a few little things missing? Who's idea was it to make those upper cut a ways. And how does a mirror make it any more special?"

you know, REAL musicians value the MUSICAL qualities.
Legs, lids-- those are but trappings, furniture. It's what's on the inside the counts.

Leaving it unrestored speaks to the character of the piano's day, the accumulated history of all of those who played on it in the decades past. Can you not feel their stories coming through in every blemish of the varnish? Is it not beautiful to behold?

Edited by berninicaco3 (06/17/13 11:47 PM)

#2104171 - 06/18/13 01:28 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: berninicaco3]
bkw58 Offline

Silver Supporter until December 19, 2014

Loc: Conway, AR USA
Originally Posted By: berninicaco3
http://dubuque.craigslist.org/zip/3871524913.html

It's a scam, no surprise. Just for "the lolz" (I hate that phrase, yet, it works so well...), I wrote the donor and am following through with the scam. I'm always curious with these things, exactly where the point is that money has to change hands. It's safe up until that point. Oh, and if they want personal information, just give something fake. Just in case; although unless they have my social security number I'm not sure what they could do with just a street address.

Our conversation was along the lines of, he's a god-fearing preacher moving from... Kansas? To north dakota.
Using a texan moving company (from the area code)
and he'll donate the piano (to someone in dubuque, iowa, of all places), IF I pay $300 to the moving company to cover their expenses in changing the destination.

Yeah, right!

I'll keep my kimball mechanics special smile

Presents the appearance of one of the oldest shill games in the con-world. Though they usually go for more than a few hundered bucks. We experience something akin to this when selling our harpsichord last year on ebay. We passed it by. Eventually someone else provided the cash and picked it up.

#2104175 - 06/18/13 01:33 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: berninicaco3]
Rod Verhnjak Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: berninicaco3
Btw-- Mr. Verhnjak. I took the liberty to call out the poster on the false photo. It is NOT good craigslist etiquette, and, I like craigslist.
He very reasonably agreed with me and asked that I point out which photo is not his own.

That's kind of crazy, because, either he knows darn well which he pirated, or, he pirated all of them and none are from his workshop, and he just doesn't know which he pirated from YOU! smile
Either way, can you tell me which piano you restored, of his photos there, so I can in turn inform him myself?

I have contacted him a few times. Told him what picture was mine. He said he would remove it but has not. He has this ad and a few others like it running in many areas. This is off my web site and the picture that is being used.

He was very polite to me as well but.....

Exclusive Dealer For Charles R. Walter Pianos
www.pianoman.ca
Verhnjak Pianos Facebook

#2104193 - 06/18/13 02:45 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
berninicaco3 Offline

that's too bad.
The greater danger is not to yourself, but if he's NOT a competent restorer, and falsely advertising work and skills beyond his own abilities, someone else (seeing this beautiful work) could be taken in, and commit their own piano to him.

Using tineye (reverse image search engine-- for finding stolen images just like yours), one of his other images comes from here:
http://www.antiquepianoshop.com/product/290/weber-rococo-style-victorian-parlor-grand-piano/
I can't say whether he could have done the work, and they're just the dealer-- or if he stole that image, too.

#2105385 - 06/20/13 03:00 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
Blues beater Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/3864951091.html

"in perfect condition as see in pix also it been tune up by professional so you be sure to get every note sound right "

Really?? Check out the pix of the hammers....

#2105532 - 06/21/13 12:32 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
David, Las Vegas Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
Here's an update on the Lindner "Plastic Piano". Hitting close rock bottom at $20.00. This thing gets posted about 4 times a year. I'm surprised it's even standing or maybe the wall is holding it up.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/msg/3884650681.html
1931 Mason Hamlin AA

#2105570 - 06/21/13 04:11 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
berninicaco3 Offline

that's not the first time I've seen "use it for parts" below a free (or near-free, I guess, @$20) piano ad.

for cars, there's always the possibility of an engine, transmission, or body components being re-used; if say the car was junked because of a front end collision but the engine wasn't touched and the trunk can be put on a vehicle that suffered a rear end collision.
There's a market.
Also, millions of a model may have been made-- so when one is junked, there are cars out there in need of a donor.

Realistically, do technicians here ever actually part out pianos? Or is that only possible with some gold standard, like a steinway, where there's a 100,000 copies that you can interchange parts between?
Most of the obscure uprights that are being given away 'for parts,' i suspect, you'll never find another one of that model around that needs exactly those parts that aren't broken on the freebie.

Edited by berninicaco3 (06/21/13 04:11 AM)

#2105980 - 06/21/13 09:40 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]

#2106008 - 06/21/13 11:30 PM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Minnesota Marty]
bkw58 Offline

Silver Supporter until December 19, 2014

Loc: Conway, AR USA

Style looks like "Early W---- H----."

#2107669 - 06/25/13 07:49 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]
BrainCramp Offline

They say it was worth re-gluing. I have no idea what that means.

I wonder if the bird sings along while you play.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/msg/3893432301.html

#2107722 - 06/25/13 10:32 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: BrainCramp]
AndyJ Offline

Loc: Near Dayton, Ohio USA

Regulating maybe?

-Andy

#2107730 - 06/25/13 10:47 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: AndyJ]
BrainCramp Offline

Originally Posted By: AndyJ

Regulating maybe?

-Andy

Oh yes Andy that makes sense now! The tuner said he was "regulating" it and the owner must have heard it as "re-gluing".

I was really scratching my head over where the ad said the piano was worth re-gluing for the move from Groton to Waltham. That's only about 30 miles.

What a scream! Oh, if only pianos could talk about their owners. What stories they'd tell.

#2107732 - 06/25/13 10:54 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]

I just wonder if Swiffers are included or are they optional, along with the glue?

#2107742 - 06/25/13 11:09 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Minnesota Marty]
BrainCramp Offline

I just wonder if Swiffers are included or are they optional, along with the glue?

Yes, it's a dusty affair, isn't it? I hope the bird gets more attention than the piano.

#2107756 - 06/25/13 11:39 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Eric Gloo]

The bird is probably as dead as the piano.

#2107759 - 06/25/13 11:43 AM Re: Funny craigslist piano listings [Re: Minnesota Marty]
BrainCramp Offline

The bird is probably as dead as the piano.

Not if they re-glued it in time.

Page 14 of 25 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
George R Walter upright
by landorrano
44 minutes 53 seconds ago
Does anybody know about Hayes London?
by Sam4
47 minutes 54 seconds ago
Mason & Hamlin Opinions
by Hunt
Today at 03:23 PM
contacting with someone of VI Labs
by imyself
Today at 03:02 PM
My Initial Thoughts on Left/Right Hand Independence
by Visalia
Today at 01:23 PM
Who's Online
122 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, 36251, Allan W., aesop, 42 invisible), 1484 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76251 Members
42 Forums
157632 Topics
2315310 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission