2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (bcalvanese, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, 13 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
U
U
Originally Posted by Daniela Danesi
Hi spanishbuddha and Mawima, yes I am so happy with my new DP. Spanishbuddha I couldn't assemble it alone because the keyboard was heavy fortunally a couple of friends helped me so it was easy and fast.
If I must be honest they did the hard work:-)
That should be interesting to know what setting are you using for your cn 33 to share some suggestions.
Greetings

Currently, I am using the Mellow Grand (Piano 1 / 3) for solo piano ... practicing and playing along. I set the damper effect and string resonance to 10. I saved these as default.

When playing together with natural instruments (Saxophone, Clarinete), I rather use Concert Grand or Studio Grand. Mellow Grand is just too mellow then and less audible as Sax and Clarinete can be very loud.

Pianos and Service - www.martinwidmannklaviere.de
Piano parts and Accessories - www.pianosupply.de
D
D
I saved as default:
Sound:Concert Grand 1
Reverb: Stage
Touch: Normal
Damper Resonance: 8
Strings Resonance: 7
Sometimes I also use the Mellow Grand 1 or the Studio Grand 1

carpe diem
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Hi spanishbuddha and Mawima, yes I am so happy with my new DP. Spanishbuddha I couldn't assemble it alone because the keyboard was heavy fortunally a couple of friends helped me so it was easy and fast.
If I must be honest they did the hard work:-)
That should be interesting to know what setting are you using for your cn 33 to share some suggestions.
Greetings

Daniela

When I first got the CN33 the main change I made to the standard settings was the touch. I set it to Heavy1. However, after a few weeks I have now set it back to Normal.

I also changed the default sound to Piano 1, #2. But I use Piano1, #1, #2, #3, also Piano 2, #2, all the time, depending on the music I'm playing (err, trying to play) or whether I have headphones on or using the speakers. As far as I can tell you can only save 1 default start up sound :-(

I also like layering Piano1 sounds with Piano2 sounds, but have not found a way of storing a preference for that.

I've played around with some of the other settings, reverb, echo, timbre and so on, but have left them all at the default.

As a beginner I have found the Concert magic demo's/lessons useful, especially the ability to decrease the volume of one hand so you can play along with the other hand. My Fur Elise is now nearly concert ready :-) But I'm not following Alfred's courses.

D
D
Hi Spanishbuddha,
I am also a begginer. I have started to play almost since a year ago not with a teacher but with some cdrom using a casio with 61 keys that seemed a toy. I know it's not the same as to get lessons by a teacher but anyway I play piano to enjoy and not to get a professional pianist.
Now I'm sure with the cn 33 I will able to improve my playing also about the weighted keys.
You're right it's very funny to play concert magic that also can help you to adjust the ryhtme in the pieces that you are going to play for yourself later as "Fur Elise".
Unfortunally in the european kawai cn 33 line that wasn't the Alfred's courses...ok that doesn't matter -:)
Enjoy your cn 33
Greetings

carpe diem
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
I was walking over the Malvern Hills, listening to Elgar's Cello Concerto on my MP3 player, when I had a text message from the German piano supplier telling me my CN-33 had been shipped. My guess is it may arrive on Thursday.....will I be able to sleep until then?
-

D
D
....and then after when you will get the new cn 33 you won't sleep anymore because you will be always playing it-:)))) You will see you will like the new DP a lot. Let me know when you will get it and I hope some friends can help you to assemble everyting because the keyboards is quite heavy.

carpe diem
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Hi again to Mawima and Daniela

About your settings.

Now the strange thing perhaps, maybe also a little sad, is that I have never played a real or acoustic piano in my life! So I'm curious about the settings you changed for damper and strings resonance. Does that make it sound more like a real piano?

U
U
spanishbuddha, so we seem to be the club of beginners with a CN33 cool

I also have not really played an acoustic piano other than some occasional playing at some friends pianos. Even my teacher has a digital piano for the lessons.

The string resonances enrich the sound with some more liveliness. You can check yourself. Press some keys very slightly and keep them pressed. Hit the same keys staccato one octave higher. You will hear some kind of ringing from the lower notes.

The same thing happens accidantially, if you just play a piece of music both hands together.

The effects settings are default at 5. So you can hear it, but not very loud. That is why I increased them to 7 first and currently to 10. 10 is probably a lot. But it is just a matter of taste.

Pianos and Service - www.martinwidmannklaviere.de
Piano parts and Accessories - www.pianosupply.de
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Hey, you should really try to find some place to have the opportunity to play a real acoustic piano for some extended time! It will help a lot to understand what makes playing the piano so unique! I still would love to own my own acoustic piano but cannot play it since I can only play at nighttime and my kids are sleeping then... It's a pity!

<~ don't test forever - play and enjoy! ~>
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by mucci
Hey, you should really try to find some place to have the opportunity to play a real acoustic piano for some extended time! It will help a lot to understand what makes playing the piano so unique! I still would love to own my own acoustic piano but cannot play it since I can only play at nighttime and my kids are sleeping then... It's a pity!

Yes I agree. There are some practice rooms in London that I plan to use on my next visit there, probably December. I could have done it last month but I was waiting until I had some pieces at a reasonable level. They have both uprights and grands available, at a reasonable price for one hour. It sounds like I should try a grand, but then maybe not, in case I want one :-)

D
D
Hi Spanishbuddha,
I tried some acoustic uprights only few times and for short because I was embarassed to play among some people when I'm not able enough.
So I thaught it was a good idea to buy a DP to improve my hands on the keyboard.
Of course the feelings of an acoustic one is different but for now I'm practicing on my cn 33.
In a future when I will get better anyway I would like to take an upright too.
It's a great idea to go to some parctice rooms to play an acoustic one.
Can you have the possiblity there to stay alone in a small room or must you share the room with other people who can lissen to you?

carpe diem
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Hi Spanishbuddha,
I tried some acoustic uprights only few times and for short because I was embarassed to play among some people when I'm not able enough.
So I thaught it was a good idea to buy a DP to improve my hands on the keyboard.
Of course the feelings of an acoustic one is different but for now I'm practicing on my cn 33.
Can you have the possiblity there to stay alone in a small room or must you share the room with other people who can lissen to you?

Daniela, the practice rooms in London have several rooms each separate with a piano either upright or grand. You can book in advance the type of room/piano you want. They are, AFAIK, private so us beginners can keep any embarrassment to ourselves. Here's the link for anyone else interested: Jacques Samuel practice rooms

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Hi Spanishbuddha,

Daniela, the practice rooms in London have several rooms each separate with a piano either upright or grand. You can book in advance the type of room/piano you want. They are, AFAIK, private so us beginners can keep any embarrassment to ourselves. Here's the link for anyone else interested: Jacques Samuel practice rooms

Thanks for the link spanishbuddha, next time I'm down the smoke I'll give that a try, we don't seem to have anything similar here in the Midlands. The only acoustic piano I have access to is an old Dale Forty upright owned by friend of mine, it sounds like an out of tune, honky tonk, piano but I don't like to tell him that. grin

Daniela Denesi, I'm sure I'll be playing the new CN-33 24/7 when it arrives, I've no one to help me assemble it but I'll get around it...somehow.
-
-

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
Thursday has almost gone, I'm still waiting on my piano, tomorrow I'll go see my doctor to get him to prescribe me tranquillisers. grin
-

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by bluebilly
-
Thursday has almost gone, I'm still waiting on my piano, tomorrow I'll go see my doctor to get him to prescribe me tranquillisers. grin
-

bluebilly, it might be more likely tomorrow now it should arrive. In any case I hope you've not made any other plans for the weekend, so you can have a CN33 love-in! smile

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
bluebilly, I strongly recommend you ask a friend or family member to assist with the CN33 assembly. The main keyboard unit is very heavy and ought to be lifted by at least two people.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
OK James, I'll get help...I'm still awaiting delivery.

BTW, OT, Any Brits buying from Germany, get yourselves a Santander 0% Credit Card otherwise you get charged ~3% foreign transaction fees.

Last edited by bluebilly; 08/13/10 01:58 PM.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
-
Why can't we get demo's like THIS in English?
-

bluebilly, these video clips are produced by Kawai Europe. They're very nicely put together, however I agree, English language versions should also be available.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
D
D
For the kawai cn 33 fans I think this video can be appreciated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8E7gNc1S_E
Greetings

carpe diem
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission