Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
83 registered (Anita Potter, anamnesis, ando, AndyJoe, 36251, 18 invisible), 1285 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#1491431 - 08/09/10 07:49 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
Upright Offline

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: Daniela Danesi
Hi spanishbuddha and Mawima, yes I am so happy with my new DP. Spanishbuddha I couldn't assemble it alone because the keyboard was heavy fortunally a couple of friends helped me so it was easy and fast.
If I must be honest they did the hard work:-)
That should be interesting to know what setting are you using for your cn 33 to share some suggestions.
Greetings

Currently, I am using the Mellow Grand (Piano 1 / 3) for solo piano ... practicing and playing along. I set the damper effect and string resonance to 10. I saved these as default.

When playing together with natural instruments (Saxophone, Clarinete), I rather use Concert Grand or Studio Grand. Mellow Grand is just too mellow then and less audible as Sax and Clarinete can be very loud.

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Your Next Keyboard is at Sweetwater

Click Here

#1491438 - 08/09/10 08:07 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Upright]
Daniela Danesi Offline

Loc: Italy
I saved as default:
Sound:Concert Grand 1
Reverb: Stage
Touch: Normal
Damper Resonance: 8
Strings Resonance: 7
Sometimes I also use the Mellow Grand 1 or the Studio Grand 1

#1491649 - 08/09/10 02:07 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Hi spanishbuddha and Mawima, yes I am so happy with my new DP. Spanishbuddha I couldn't assemble it alone because the keyboard was heavy fortunally a couple of friends helped me so it was easy and fast.
If I must be honest they did the hard work:-)
That should be interesting to know what setting are you using for your cn 33 to share some suggestions.
Greetings

Daniela

When I first got the CN33 the main change I made to the standard settings was the touch. I set it to Heavy1. However, after a few weeks I have now set it back to Normal.

I also changed the default sound to Piano 1, #2. But I use Piano1, #1, #2, #3, also Piano 2, #2, all the time, depending on the music I'm playing (err, trying to play) or whether I have headphones on or using the speakers. As far as I can tell you can only save 1 default start up sound :-(

I also like layering Piano1 sounds with Piano2 sounds, but have not found a way of storing a preference for that.

I've played around with some of the other settings, reverb, echo, timbre and so on, but have left them all at the default.

As a beginner I have found the Concert magic demo's/lessons useful, especially the ability to decrease the volume of one hand so you can play along with the other hand. My Fur Elise is now nearly concert ready :-) But I'm not following Alfred's courses.

#1491886 - 08/09/10 06:04 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: spanishbuddha]
Daniela Danesi Offline

Hi Spanishbuddha,
I am also a begginer. I have started to play almost since a year ago not with a teacher but with some cdrom using a casio with 61 keys that seemed a toy. I know it's not the same as to get lessons by a teacher but anyway I play piano to enjoy and not to get a professional pianist.
Now I'm sure with the cn 33 I will able to improve my playing also about the weighted keys.
You're right it's very funny to play concert magic that also can help you to adjust the ryhtme in the pieces that you are going to play for yourself later as "Fur Elise".
Unfortunally in the european kawai cn 33 line that wasn't the Alfred's courses...ok that doesn't matter -:)
Enjoy your cn 33
Greetings

#1492657 - 08/10/10 01:23 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
bluebilly Offline

Loc: England
-
I was walking over the Malvern Hills, listening to Elgar's Cello Concerto on my MP3 player, when I had a text message from the German piano supplier telling me my CN-33 had been shipped. My guess is it may arrive on Thursday.....will I be able to sleep until then?
-

#1492677 - 08/10/10 01:59 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
Daniela Danesi Offline

....and then after when you will get the new cn 33 you won't sleep anymore because you will be always playing it-:)))) You will see you will like the new DP a lot. Let me know when you will get it and I hope some friends can help you to assemble everyting because the keyboards is quite heavy.

#1492708 - 08/10/10 03:02 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi again to Mawima and Daniela

About your settings.

Now the strange thing perhaps, maybe also a little sad, is that I have never played a real or acoustic piano in my life! So I'm curious about the settings you changed for damper and strings resonance. Does that make it sound more like a real piano?

#1492720 - 08/10/10 03:25 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: spanishbuddha]
Upright Offline

Loc: Germany
spanishbuddha, so we seem to be the club of beginners with a CN33 cool

I also have not really played an acoustic piano other than some occasional playing at some friends pianos. Even my teacher has a digital piano for the lessons.

The string resonances enrich the sound with some more liveliness. You can check yourself. Press some keys very slightly and keep them pressed. Hit the same keys staccato one octave higher. You will hear some kind of ringing from the lower notes.

The same thing happens accidantially, if you just play a piece of music both hands together.

The effects settings are default at 5. So you can hear it, but not very loud. That is why I increased them to 7 first and currently to 10. 10 is probably a lot. But it is just a matter of taste.

#1492753 - 08/10/10 04:19 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Upright]
mucci Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Munich, Germany
Hey, you should really try to find some place to have the opportunity to play a real acoustic piano for some extended time! It will help a lot to understand what makes playing the piano so unique! I still would love to own my own acoustic piano but cannot play it since I can only play at nighttime and my kids are sleeping then... It's a pity!

#1492764 - 08/10/10 04:31 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: mucci]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: mucci
Hey, you should really try to find some place to have the opportunity to play a real acoustic piano for some extended time! It will help a lot to understand what makes playing the piano so unique! I still would love to own my own acoustic piano but cannot play it since I can only play at nighttime and my kids are sleeping then... It's a pity!

Yes I agree. There are some practice rooms in London that I plan to use on my next visit there, probably December. I could have done it last month but I was waiting until I had some pieces at a reasonable level. They have both uprights and grands available, at a reasonable price for one hour. It sounds like I should try a grand, but then maybe not, in case I want one :-)

#1492862 - 08/10/10 05:57 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: spanishbuddha]
Daniela Danesi Offline

Hi Spanishbuddha,
I tried some acoustic uprights only few times and for short because I was embarassed to play among some people when I'm not able enough.
So I thaught it was a good idea to buy a DP to improve my hands on the keyboard.
Of course the feelings of an acoustic one is different but for now I'm practicing on my cn 33.
In a future when I will get better anyway I would like to take an upright too.
It's a great idea to go to some parctice rooms to play an acoustic one.
Can you have the possiblity there to stay alone in a small room or must you share the room with other people who can lissen to you?

#1493477 - 08/11/10 01:23 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Daniela Danesi]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Spanishbuddha,
I tried some acoustic uprights only few times and for short because I was embarassed to play among some people when I'm not able enough.
So I thaught it was a good idea to buy a DP to improve my hands on the keyboard.
Of course the feelings of an acoustic one is different but for now I'm practicing on my cn 33.
Can you have the possiblity there to stay alone in a small room or must you share the room with other people who can lissen to you?

Daniela, the practice rooms in London have several rooms each separate with a piano either upright or grand. You can book in advance the type of room/piano you want. They are, AFAIK, private so us beginners can keep any embarrassment to ourselves. Here's the link for anyone else interested: Jacques Samuel practice rooms

#1493622 - 08/11/10 04:34 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: spanishbuddha]
bluebilly Offline

Originally Posted By: spanishbuddha
Hi Spanishbuddha,

Daniela, the practice rooms in London have several rooms each separate with a piano either upright or grand. You can book in advance the type of room/piano you want. They are, AFAIK, private so us beginners can keep any embarrassment to ourselves. Here's the link for anyone else interested: Jacques Samuel practice rooms

Thanks for the link spanishbuddha, next time I'm down the smoke I'll give that a try, we don't seem to have anything similar here in the Midlands. The only acoustic piano I have access to is an old Dale Forty upright owned by friend of mine, it sounds like an out of tune, honky tonk, piano but I don't like to tell him that. grin

Daniela Denesi, I'm sure I'll be playing the new CN-33 24/7 when it arrives, I've no one to help me assemble it but I'll get around it...somehow.
-
-

#1494287 - 08/12/10 01:27 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
bluebilly Offline

-
Thursday has almost gone, I'm still waiting on my piano, tomorrow I'll go see my doctor to get him to prescribe me tranquillisers. grin
-

#1494307 - 08/12/10 01:46 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: bluebilly
-
Thursday has almost gone, I'm still waiting on my piano, tomorrow I'll go see my doctor to get him to prescribe me tranquillisers. grin
-

bluebilly, it might be more likely tomorrow now it should arrive. In any case I hope you've not made any other plans for the weekend, so you can have a CN33 love-in! smile

#1494572 - 08/12/10 07:02 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: spanishbuddha]
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
bluebilly, I strongly recommend you ask a friend or family member to assist with the CN33 assembly. The main keyboard unit is very heavy and ought to be lifted by at least two people.

Cheers,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#1495239 - 08/13/10 01:55 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
bluebilly Offline

OK James, I'll get help...I'm still awaiting delivery.

BTW, OT, Any Brits buying from Germany, get yourselves a Santander 0% Credit Card otherwise you get charged ~3% foreign transaction fees.

Edited by bluebilly (08/13/10 01:58 PM)

#1495321 - 08/13/10 04:24 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
bluebilly Offline

-
Why can't we get demo's like THIS in English?
-

#1495447 - 08/13/10 07:26 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
9000 Post Club Member

bluebilly, these video clips are produced by Kawai Europe. They're very nicely put together, however I agree, English language versions should also be available.

Cheers,
James
x

#1495463 - 08/13/10 07:53 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Kawai James]
Daniela Danesi Offline

For the kawai cn 33 fans I think this video can be appreciated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8E7gNc1S_E
Greetings

#1496587 - 08/15/10 04:07 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: Upright]
bluebilly Offline

-
O/T, I've created a new thread HERE for cyclist/pianists to talk about cycling, or post pics. I my case I could be loosely described as a piano player....perhaps a pianist one day.
-

#1496656 - 08/15/10 05:57 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
ak888 Offline

Hi - been searching for a piano and have settled for the CN-33 after comparing with various Yamaha and ROland DPs. I'm in London and wondered if anyone can point me to a decent dealer who can supply at a decent price! I have come across Rose Morris who initially pointed me to the Kawai over the Yamaha - however one of the comments was that they had wooden keys and hence a much better feel. Subsequent research shows otherwise (even though I still prefer the feel over the Yamaha). So have lost a bit of confidence in purchasing from them. Reluctant to also purchase from thomann.de as there have bee lots of mixed reviews and I would like more local support for warranty etc.

I have searched the kawai uk website but can't find a list of dealers. Any help appreciated.

#1496659 - 08/15/10 06:00 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
9000 Post Club Member

Great idea bluebilly!

I just posted some pics. wink

Cheers,
James
x

#1496722 - 08/15/10 07:50 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: ak888]
FogVilleLad Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco
Originally Posted By: ak888
I have come across Rose Morris who initially pointed me to the Kawai over the Yamaha - however one of the comments was that they had wooden keys and hence a much better feel. Subsequent research shows otherwise (even though I still prefer the feel over the Yamaha). So have lost a bit of confidence in purchasing from them.

Ignore your feelings about the rep and buy the DP that you prefer. Reps are trained to present the positive aspects/selling points of what they're selling. It's the consumers' job to balance that presentation with independent research. You've done what a consumer should do.

Frankly the dealer's main value, post sale, is as a conduit to the distributor if warranty issues arise. Those are rare.

If you like that Kawai, take it home and play it until you couldn't care less whom you bought it from;-)

If you don't already own a set of good headphones, you might want to try auditioning good 'phones.

#1496756 - 08/15/10 08:43 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: ak888]
9000 Post Club Member

ak888,

Some Kawai instruments (CA/CP range, MP8II) do feature wooden keys, however the CN range do not - they utilise a plastic key keyboard.

While this is an oversight from the Rose Morris sales person, however I don't believe this should dissuade you from purchasing from the store - especially if you like the feel of the instrument overall.

As for other UK dealers, may I suggest you email Kawai UK and ask for a list of the closest stores in your city/county.

Kind regards,
James
x

#1497193 - 08/16/10 03:23 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: ak888]
bluebilly Offline

-
Hi ak888, Here's a list of Kawai dealers in the UK, however there are two dealers omitted, Salop Music Centre, Shrewsbury and Broughton Pianos, Belbroughton, near Birmingham, there may be more.
-

#1497212 - 08/16/10 03:48 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
bluebilly Offline

-
I was walking on the Clee Hills in Shropshire today, I had stopped for my sandwich lunch at 12 noon when I got a call on my cellphone telling me the delivery driver was at my house with my new piano!! no one had contacted me with a delivery date!!. The good news is my piano is being delivered tomorrow before noon.
-

#1497269 - 08/16/10 04:50 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: bluebilly]
ak888 Offline

-
Hi ak888, Here's a list of Kawai dealers in the UK, however there are two dealers omitted, Salop Music Centre, Shrewsbury and Broughton Pianos, Belbroughton, near Birmingham, there may be more.
-

Thanks bluebilly - I've not even had a reply from Kawai UK yet!

#1497270 - 08/16/10 04:50 PM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: ak888]
Vectistim Offline

Loc: Reading, UK
In the Buying a DP CA63/HP307/CLP340 thread Vishal got a good deal from Sheargold on a CA93 - they have a branch in Cobham, so depending which side of London you are they might be relatively local.

#1497653 - 08/17/10 05:06 AM Re: Kawai CN-33 Arrived ! [Re: ak888]
bluebilly Offline

Originally Posted By: ak888
-
-

Thanks bluebilly - I've not even had a reply from Kawai UK yet!

You could always give KAWAI UK a ring, they're only in Milton Keynes.
-

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Just to say "Hello"
by JennyS
11/27/14 05:33 AM
Dyslexia and reading the rhythm
by Nahum
11/27/14 04:18 AM
Wanted to give jazz a chance, reverting back to classical
by Artur Gajewski
11/27/14 03:31 AM
anyone... listening to Greek Radio?
by Nikolas
11/27/14 12:38 AM
Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure
by jeffreyjones
11/27/14 12:32 AM
Forum Stats
77065 Members
42 Forums
159390 Topics
2341397 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission