2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, 11 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 40 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 39 40
Well, regardless of whether they have them in stock or not, one can just use their price to do a match at the GC if he seeks to have the piano now.

C
C
As with most online stores, per GC policy, the item must be in stock by the competing dealer.

"GuitarCenter.com guarantees your satisfaction. If at any time within 30 days of your purchase from us, you find the identical item in stock and advertised by an authorized dealer at a price lower than what you paid, Guitar Center will fully protect you. "

dewster Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ClassicalMastery
I have ordered other products from RMC Audio and received excellent service. They offer very low prices, but sometimes you must wait weeks for an item to be delivered. If you are not in a rush, you can save a lot.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease ClassicalMastery! Their price can't be beat so if they come through, even eventually, I'll be singing their praises.

G
G
When I bought my NX from Sweetwater I also ordered the KSG8 stand which I really like alot. They also sell an upper rack for this stand which I also bought. Its made for a second piano so its pretty wide. I made a thick lexan shelf for the upper rack & rest my music & laptop on it & it works out fine as it tilts up & down. Clamped on a Mighty Brite light & I'm ready to go. Happy with this solution.

Last edited by Greg Curtis; 12/20/10 03:00 PM.

Greg
Roland RD700NX, KS-G8 Stand, RPU-3 Pedals
Mackie MR5 Speakers
May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...
dewster Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Shing
I also ordered an RD-700NX from RMC 10 days ago, but they've yet to tell me anything.

Shing, we just got an email saying ours will ship today. No tracking number yet though. Like an idiot, I didn't set up an account at RMC before I made the order, so I can't check the order status without pestering someone in sales.

[EDIT] Erik @ RMC sent tracking numbers, it may arrive Thursday...

Last edited by dewster; 12/21/10 02:34 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dewster
I also ordered an RD-700NX from RMC 10 days ago, but they've yet to tell me anything.

Shing, we just got an email saying ours will ship today. No tracking number yet though. Like an idiot, I didn't set up an account at RMC before I made the order, so I can't check the order status without pestering someone in sales.

Congrats again Dewster. I'm really excited for you and your wife. I really believe you will be very happy with the RD700NX first and foremost as a digital piano. Every time I play my RD700GXF after playing another digital piano, I just grin ear to ear with how much I love playing my GXF as a piano, especially with the addition of the RPU-3. It's just a really really great play digital piano, and the RD700NX is yet a small but nice step forward vs. the RD700GXF. I may yet end up with an RD700NX sometime next year...who knows!

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Good luck Dewster! We await your conclusions...

Steve

S
S
Originally Posted by dewster

Congrats! But no such luck for me =/

Hopefully it will also ship for me by the end of today.

S
S
Scratch that, I just called in and they said that they had shipped mine also =)

So I went into GC today with the RMC quote of $2099.00, expecting to be turned down. But through some sly haggling and bargaining, I was able to get them to price match it at $2200. While I still have to pay sales tax, which will still come out to be $2400, the manager threw in a keyboard amp (Roland KC 150) with a $100 discount, a free music stand, a music stand lamp. At the end, I ended up paying a hundred dollars more than my previous receipt, but I walked out with a sweet amp and a bunch of freebies. Sure, I could get everything online for a bit cheaper. But the good salesmanship that the manager showed me made me believe that they deserve all of my business, now and future.

dewster Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Othello
Sure, I could get everything online for a bit cheaper. But the good salesmanship that the manager showed me made me believe that they deserve all of my business, now and future.

Othello, it sounds like you got quite a bargain! Congrats!!

We bought flooring for our kitchen today (painful remodel). I could have gotten it a bit cheaper on-line, but I could actually see the product I was looking for at a local shop, the delivery was free (with me picking it up at the store), the delivery time very short (Tuesday), and the owner was super helpful with suggestions for installation. I like the pressure the internet exerts on prices, but where will we all be when these local shops finally succumb to the seeming inevitable?

Full disclosure, I haven't tried an NX in-town or anywhere - we're buying ours sight unseen. Not that that excuses my behavior.

Last edited by dewster; 12/21/10 03:21 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Othello
So I went into GC today with the RMC quote of $2099.00, expecting to be turned down. But through some sly haggling and bargaining, I was able to get them to price match it at $2200. While I still have to pay sales tax, which will still come out to be $2400, the manager threw in a keyboard amp (Roland KC 150) with a $100 discount, a free music stand, a music stand lamp. At the end, I ended up paying a hundred dollars more than my previous receipt, but I walked out with a sweet amp and a bunch of freebies. Sure, I could get everything online for a bit cheaper. But the good salesmanship that the manager showed me made me believe that they deserve all of my business, now and future.

This is interesting...I had quite the opposite experience with Guitar Center. I had been eyeing the RD-700GX for quite some time, and had patiently waited for their Black Friday sale, where they were giving everything in the store 15% off.

On their website, they were advertising the RD-700GX package (piano, bench, and stand) for $2199, and with the 15% discount, I would be able to get everything for $1869. I went into the store to pick everything up, but unfortunately they only had the beat up floor model, so the sales guy placed an online order for me, but the website said they were out of stock of the model, so I was told it would be 2-4 weeks. This was all okay with me at the time.

A few days later, I get an email saying all my stuff had been backordered, but in addition to the GX, bench, and stand, a NX had also been backordered. I called in to find out what had happened, and after being put on hold for 30 minutes, a manager told me that the GX line was being discontinued, that they wouldn't be able to fulfill my order for the GX package, and that in return for my patience, they would let me have the NX for the original price that I paid of $1869 + tax. The guy canceled by GX package order and said he would call me back once they got the NX's to place another order for me, and of course I said it was all fine and dandy.

Unfortunately, he never called back, even after I saw the NXs listed on their website. It seems like someone messed up big time, and knowing that I'd have no way of getting back in contact with the manager who said he would give me this deal, just decided to let me go. I also noticed that they raised the price on the GX package back up to $2599 (and its still out of stock), presumably to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

I'm still slightly bitter from being left out in the cold like that, but luckily I found RMC Audio, and it seems like my new NX is on its way, so I'm still happy =)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with GC. It seems difficult that some deal made over the phone in a few weeks can be honored. I would feel more confident when it's in writing.

When I said "sly haggling and bargaining," I meant that I really pulled their whiskers. I just told them that I really want to have enough money to get a keyboard amp (which I do), and given the steep discount RMC is offering me, I could return the NX to GC and get my piano cheap. I simply just asked them if they can do something for me, since I really want to support local workers (which I do). At that point, the manager had two choices: give me the price match and make the sales, or nothing at all. All in all, the bargain was done in a respectful manner, though not without some fast talking from the manager's part. I played it cool, while being upfront that I wanted to give them the business if they would work with me. And in the end, we both walked away winners smile

S
S
So dewster, since you seem to be the authority on digital pianos on this forum, what do you think?

For some reason FedEx decided to deliver mine at 8:00 AM this morning, when I was still fast asleep, and now I'll have to wait until tomorrow mad mad

S
S
I want to thank you all.

Looking to replace an aging Kurzweil RG200, I found this forum. You guys are great, lots of insightful comments.

In particular, someone pointed out that you can get similar quality with a stage piano as a home piano, especially if like me you play mostly with headphones.

I bought a RD-700NX yesterday. So far it seems to be adjusting to its new home quite well, though it is demanding attention at frequent intervals---it kept me up a bit late lastnight. Perhaps it has a bit of separation anxiety. It misses the warehouse, and isn't used to being outside of its comfy box.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S
stumbler, any thoughts on the piano? I look forward to dewster's review, but he seems to have disappeared...it must be the piano...

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Finally got time with the NX over at GC today. I have to say the 1st SN piano sounded very nice and the action felt really good. The other two pianos did not sound so good to me, but there were more things to like about the NX than not.

I have yet to get my hands on the MP10, but the NX just put Roland back in the picture for me.

Can someone summarize the USB recording/playback capabilities and limitations of the NX?

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
dewster Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
... he seems to have disappeared...it must be the piano...

A bunch of stuff going on today, too little of it musically related. Shing, sorry FedEx arrived too early for yours, what a bummer! I look forward to a report of your experience with it.

The NX arrived in a fairly beat up box (large tear looked like someone kicked it in) and the pedal unit came in a separate box. The pedal unit was actually double boxed, something I wish they'd done for the NX. I took a lot of pictures before I unboxed it just in case I needed to file a claim with FedEx, but it turned out the NX was fine (though I really don't appreciate having that kind of stress associated with a major purchase).

I took a DMM to the pedal unit, all three of the pedals are capable of proportional control, which is a surprise. It's pretty well made and rather heavy, with rubber strips riveted to the bottom.

Put it up on the stand and hooked it up to the amp / speakers. My wife says the keys are a little too springy compared to her Young Chang, and I feel this too, the keys on the YC kind of "give up" after you play them, rather than fight you afterward. She likes the piano and organ, and the first harpsichord sounds pretty good to me with key up pick samples. I turned up the pedal noise on the SN piano and the "scraping" sound the SOS dude was talking about wasn't evident. Voice selection is much easier compared to our old SL-880 pro & Motif Rack which is a plus. Interface I think is a bit cryptic compared to the GX when it comes to layers (I couldn't easily figure out how to edit the upper organ drawbars, on the GX it was simple). I need to listen to it through headphones and read the manual while playing with it before I pass any kind of judgment.

The white keys look like fake ivory, and the black are matte, though neither is overly pronounced. The fake escapement feel is actually better done than I imagined it might be, a slight resistance near the bottom of the key travel.

I will definitely do a DPBSD post on each of the three pianos, and perhaps an unboxing pictorial soon.

Congrats, Dewster! Hope you like the NX. I am really digging the Studio Grand 1 sound.

C
C
The keys on my NX are still giving me a battle with their heavy spring tension, though they have loosened quite a bit since I received the NX 3 weeks ago. I will have to pound them hard for a while yet to (hopefully) get them to react they way they should. Typical factory fresh Roland keyboard.

I hate FedEx. Your description has me worried as usual about them. On Friday I have another more expensive instrument being delivered. I don't know if it will be double boxed. My NX arrived double boxed from Sweetwater. UPS delivered it in perfect condition.

Page 27 of 40 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission