Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1510227 - 09/06/10 04:58 PM Teacher stealing my student - UPDATE
Dark Dragon Offline

Loc: ON
I KNEW this was going to happen.

I took in this student 2 years ago, I boosted her marks, helped her win awards she never won before, gave her the confidence she definitely didn't have before. I don't expect much in return except to be paid and to be able to continue my teachings with her.

As many of you know, a new teacher made a move on my student and the father thought it would be ok for his daughter to be taught by 2 different teachers. At first he said not to worry because it was just a few free lessons before her exam.

I spoke with him today, he said "because of your rules, we have decided to go with the other teacher". My rules being - students will not have multiple teachers.

For those of you who gave me grief because I was suspicious that this teacher was making a move, what now? "Ohhhhh, let me give you a couple free lessons, if you like you can come with me!". Wasn't I right to be suspicious?

This is the only time this has ever happened to me in all my years of teaching.

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1510305 - 09/06/10 06:27 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
Piano*Dad Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Life goes on, move with it.

If you wish to bring this to the attention of your local colleagues, do so. This other teacher may pay a price in the long run.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1510326 - 09/06/10 06:48 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
AZNpiano Online   sleepy
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA
I would hesitate to label the teacher by her nationality; it sounds like the teacher is stealing students _because_ she is Polish. Your post's title comes across as racist, even though I find the content of your post to be acceptable. Can you write a critique of the teacher without mentioning her nationality or country of origin??

On the topic of stealing students: Just move on. You are better off not dealing with colleagues who resort to stealing students or using other non-professional tactics.

#1510333 - 09/06/10 06:58 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: AZNpiano]
Dark Dragon Offline

Oh I don't mean to sound racist at all. I just call her the Polish teacher because that's all I know about her. It was also one of the reasons my client decided to switch to her. They were Polish and she was Polish, so of course they had to switch right? lol

It burns because she was one of my top students, amongst many other reasons.

I'm not so bitter now, but on the off chance that this situation occurs again, I know that I will deal with it swiftly.

#1510336 - 09/06/10 07:01 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
sarah_elizabeth Offline

Loc: Texas, U.S.
Yes, you were entirely right to be suspicious.

The frustration must be immense for you, and I have much sympathy for you and your situation. You can't do anything about that student now, though, so let the situation roll off your back. I do believe that the other teacher's actions will probably catch up with him/her. And I'd feel free to say something to other local teachers if the opportunity presents itself, as it's obvious that the other teacher is not acting professionally or ethically.

#1510338 - 09/06/10 07:07 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
eweiss Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Beautiful San Diego, CA
Actually, if you have a clause in your contract that states no multiple teachers, you might have a case in small claims court. I don't know if it would be 'actionable' or not though. smile

#1510374 - 09/06/10 08:11 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: eweiss]
MarcoM Offline

not a piano teacher, but chiming in anyways.

Originally Posted By: eweiss
Actually, if you have a clause in your contract that states no multiple teachers, you might have a case in small claims court. I don't know if it would be 'actionable' or not though. smile

If the OP did that it'd probably be the easiest way to lose ALL their students, and the other teacher could easily counter-sue for slander. Honestly I think this is one of those ' ... to accept the things I cannot change' situations, dwelling over it is just a lose/lose proposition.

Also, btw

Originally Posted By: Dark Dragon
I took in this student 2 years ago, I boosted her marks, helped her win awards she never won before, gave her the confidence she definitely didn't have before. I don't expect much in return except to be paid and to be able to continue my teachings with her.

the first expectation is of course correct (being paid for your services), the second is something you might want to work on not expecting, because no matter what (another teacher, moving away, changing economic situation of the parents, loss of interest from the child, ...) nowhere is guaranteed that you'll see any of your student again at lesson, just do your best to help them, of course, but try to take a step back and keep your relationship with them on a professional level.

Edited by MarcoM (09/06/10 08:11 PM)

#1510449 - 09/06/10 10:06 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: AZNpiano]
Mark_C Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: AZNpiano
I would hesitate to label the teacher by her nationality....

I agree. It made me uncomfortable, even though I realized it was only what DD explained it was.

#1510467 - 09/06/10 10:31 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
danshure Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Although it is saddening to see a student go, especially one we have worked with for a few years, this is the danger of crossing the line from feeling sad, to feeling like we owned that student. The OP's comments have a tone of ownership, but ultimately they're free to study with whomever they want.

The feeling of another new teacher coming in and taking this student is even worse. But give it time - they may realize they made a mistake and come back to you. (I've seen that happen many times before!)

#1510501 - 09/06/10 11:35 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
Tune Offline

Loc: Malvern,Pa.
Sorry, I don't buy your explanation mentioning you only know the teacher as Polish. Who cares? So you lost a student. That happens. I'm more concerned of transference. Did you have a teacher who told you that if you were to study with anyone else, you had to tell them? I actually did. He had a HUGE ego. And that was his undoing. He turned down an offer to merge his school with a university. Today he has no school at all. As I see it, a teacher should prepare a student to move on. Mine wanted the opposite, to hang on. I'm glad the students parents got involved which shows they care. Don't take it personal. It's their money. You did your best.

#1510558 - 09/07/10 01:41 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
keyboardklutz Offline

Loc: London, UK (though if it's Aug...
+1 Eric and dan, all this ownership stuff gives me the creeps!

#1510564 - 09/07/10 01:47 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Tune]
Dark Dragon Offline

This isn't about my ego. When I am no longer of value or use to the student, I don't see anything wrong at all with them going to another teacher. The thing is, I've only had her 2 years. There was nothing I needed assistance with and there were no problems between us. Each year that she wrote an exam with me her marks went higher and higher. Interesting to note that the final exam she took while taking side lessons from this other teacher, she received her lowest mark ever.
I'm not saying that I own my students, but why can't I be at least upset that some random teacher feels that they can just swoop in and offer their services? Does this mean I can go offer my services to any random student because I feel I can teach them better?

#1510569 - 09/07/10 02:14 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
keyboardklutz Offline

It's called competition - what made America great!

#1510570 - 09/07/10 02:15 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Down Under
I'm not saying that I own my students
Not in so many words, but there's a vibe we're getting.
but why can't I be at least upset that some random teacher feels that they can just swoop in and offer their services?
I don't think anyone's saying you can't be upset. But whether it's helpful is another question.

#1510581 - 09/07/10 03:15 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: currawong]
keyboardklutz Offline

Originally Posted By: currawong
I don't think anyone's saying you can't be upset. But whether it's helpful is another question.
Agreed. Emotions and teaching just don't go together.

#1510603 - 09/07/10 05:15 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: keyboardklutz]
Dark Dragon Offline

I'm not from America, but if what this teacher did was in the name of competition, then I'm free to solicit students from any teacher now right? A student is free to roam from teacher to teacher and there is no consequence to taking a student from another teacher...is that what I'm understanding?

#1510612 - 09/07/10 06:38 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London UK
I'm not from America, but if what this teacher did was in the name of competition, then I'm free to solicit students from any teacher now right? A student is free to roam from teacher to teacher and there is no consequence to taking a student from another teacher...is that what I'm understanding?

Would you want a system of laws and regulations that made it otherwise? You get gigs, you lose gigs. Live with it.

#1510627 - 09/07/10 07:07 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
The "no multiple teachers" control freak clause is, besides being creepy, simply bad business. To my ears it screams inferiority complex and insecurity on the part of the teacher who apparently implicitly believes that his or her teaching will only be retained if comparison to potentially superior alternatives is forbidden. Those teachers I know with such clauses around here are the desperate ones begging for students (and tend to be the ones that, as soon as they find a potential student, force them to sign up for a year in advance and to pay for lessons not taken).

Teachers would be smarter to put their efforts into delivering superior value and building deep relationships with their students (and parents) in order to retain them rather than try to control others through onerous -- and ultimately anti-student welfare -- contract terms and conditions.

Perhaps if you did not have that clause, you would still have this student who might soon tire of their Polish adventure. Instead, your inflexible contract terms have cost you a star student.

Edited by theJourney (09/07/10 07:08 AM)

#1510631 - 09/07/10 07:24 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
LimeFriday Offline

Loc: Australia
It's funny about this multiple teacher thing - my teacher has in fact suggested I do some lesson with other teachers in order to benefit from what others have to offer in terms of expertise.

I can't understand the idea that to learn you MUST be with one teacher only. Sure... there can be a primary teacher - but supplementary lessons with someone else can only aid learning?

#1510638 - 09/07/10 07:42 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
keyboardklutz Offline

Yes. The student (or their guardian) should be able to tell the more suitable teacher. Jeez, you always go with the same make of car? Should it be illegal to switch?

#1510656 - 09/07/10 08:16 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
rocket88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

To me, the multiple teacher thing is not about ownership or control.

Instead there are other issues.

First, I would be concerned about the other teacher giving the student conflicting advice and information. For example, if I want my students of that age and level to practice, say, an hour a day, and the other teacher says 15 minutes is fine, then that is a problem. Conflicting advice can only cause confusion for the student.

Sure, a smart and talented student could opt for the best advice, but not all could do that.

One solution is if both teachers know each other, and are familiar with each other's teaching philosophy and style, and feel comfortable with such an exchange.

Second, why is the student wanting to go to another teacher at the same time?

If it is because the other teacher teaches something that I don't, that is fine. For example, I do not teach Jazz, but have had students who study with me and take lessons from a local Jazz teacher.

But if we both teach essentially the same thing, then why is it happening? Am I lacking something...if so, I want to know what that is.

But sometimes some other reason is why.

I did have one student who wanted to get ahead very quickly, and she thought that having multiple teachers would accomplish that. If one teacher is good, 2 is better, and I suppose 20 is even better than that.

She also said that she would practice at least 4 hours a day. She lasted about 6 months and disappeared.

So unless the other teacher has something distinct to offer that I do not, then multiple teachers is at least somewhat of a concern.

#1510672 - 09/07/10 08:45 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: rocket88]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: rocket88
To me, the multiple teacher thing is not about ownership or control.

You make some valid points. There can be practical issues with multiple teachers.

But that wasn't really the case here. The OP suspected immediately that the multiple teacher bit was a prelude to losing the student, and was correct.

We don't know why. The parent involved may have some specific reasons, or may just have a vague desire to change, or some combination. Regardless, they are under no obligation to explain why, and if you attempt to force them they may dissemble to avoid conflict. Most parents do.

#1510693 - 09/07/10 09:37 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Ownership is a non-starter. I don't think anyone has suggested that idea, even DD. Yes, the vibes suggest that DD is really put out by this situation, but there are many things swirling around besides the silly idea of student possession.

It is a fact that many teacher organizations feel the need to write ethics codicils for their members proscribing certain behaviors. Most professions have codes of conduct for how members are supposed to treat each other. Whether you call it student stealing or 'inappropriate solicitation' is immaterial. Teacher groups try to write language that gives the flavor of what they consider over-the-line attempts to pull students away from their current teacher. The fact that they feel compelled to write this stuff down suggests to me that the temptations are strong, and the behavior is actually occurring as opposed to hypothetical.

I am perfectly happy with these general codes of behavior. As external rules that one can point to, they may even make little societies like teacher organizations function more smoothly. Indeed, no code can be written to describe the full range of bad behaviors, and we can all describe grey areas where rules and 'what is right' may differ. For instance, is it student stealing to suggest to a parent that a particular, and particularly incompetent, teacher is harming the prospects of their child? Who decides that the other teacher is incompetent and is doing harm? If you offer your own services in place of the truly incompetent teacher, are you yourself over the line? (Indeed, you are).

Little teacher societies are not courts. It's hard to denounce bad behavior at a public meeting. The risk-reward tradeoff is all wrong. But frankly, sometimes that may be what is needed within little groups, no matter how uncomfortable it may make you feel. If there are people within the group who are engaging in arguably unethical solicitation of other peoples' students, someone needs to bring a coalition of members to exert moral pressure on the offender or at least to air the issue publicly. That way, everyone is alerted to the poisonous dynamic that is eating at the group.

Arguably, 'student stealing' is not just another form of healthy competition.

Yet switching teachers is absolutely the fundamental right of the family. To think otherwise, no matter how much you think you have helped the student, is to stamp your ego on what is fundamentally a professional relationship. The family is the sovereign decision maker in its own interests. You are only one advisor.

You may feel a twinge of pain if someone leaves, especially if that someone seems to be doing well and/or they leave without giving you what you consider a good reason or a polite exit. Welcome to humanity. Get over it.

Lastly, having multiple teachers is a horribly complex issue. As an advanced student, I think it may be fairly benign in most cases. Older students can compartmentalize better, and the teachers actually can coordinate (you teach classical and I teach lead sheets, for instance). For younger students, the risks of creating confusion and divided loyalty do seem quite a bit greater. It's difficult to lay out hard and fast rules here, and the teachers' own personalities and possible insecurities get mixed into the stew.

My son studied with two teachers for a while, one during the academic year and one over the summer. Did that raise some eyebrows in the little teacher community here? You bet. I've heard that this summer teacher (who is now a close friend) was even reproached for ..... yep, student stealing! smile

Ultimately, I think everybody got with the program. The two teachers didn't tread on each other and having different approaches to learning the instrument was a good idea. And it was MY idea in the first place (no improper solicitation involved at all). The academic year teacher at that point was taking the summer off, and I had no intention of letting the summer slip by with no formal music training. Thus the two-teacher relationship was born and then became routine even once the first teacher began offering some summer lessons.

When I switched my son to his current teacher, the two-teacher format ended. Yes, I did indeed pull a teacher switch, even though the initial primary teacher was doing a fine job. That was my choice and my son's choice. He was actively involved in the decision. I would not have formalized the switch without his positive approval. Although the initial teacher was doing quite well with him, that fact conferred no ownership rights.

Indeed, all teacher switches within a fairly circumscribed local community of teachers is likely to raise some eyebrows. But switching teachers should be a perfectly normal part of musical life.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1510704 - 09/07/10 09:51 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
Morodiene Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL

So, it was wrong for this teacher to steal your student, and now you're asking if it's OK for you to do the same? I understand your feelings are hurt, and you have every right to be upset. No one likes losing a student you've invested so much time and energy into. Yes, you got paid, but there is always an emotional attachment one has to their students - it can't be helped. However, when a student decides to move on (and it ultimately was their decision - right or wrong, influenced by this other teacher or not) it can feel like personal rejection.

The most important thing to learn from this to help you grow as a teacher is to understand that at some point EVERY student will leave you. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but the fact remains you will only have each student for a time. Was the time that you had with this student positive and uplifting for them? It sounds like it. Send the family a thank you card and let them know you enjoyed watching her grow musically and that you'd be happy to work with her in the future. End it on a positive note with the family.

As far as your dealings with this other teacher, do you and this other teacher belong to the local MTNA chapter or some other teacher organization? You may want to consult with other local teachers and see if they've been victimized by this teacher as well. If so, then perhaps the president of the chapter could write a letter to her warning her of actions. If she's not a member, however, there's not much you can nor should do. This sort of thing always catches up with them in the end, so don't think that she will get away with it. However, guard yourself against making yourself look bad or unprofessional by refraining from idle gossip about the teacher. Mention it once at a meeting, and then move on. Chances are if she's done this to you she will do it again to others or already has.

Edited by Morodiene (09/07/10 10:01 AM)
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#1510707 - 09/07/10 09:57 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: theJourney]
Morodiene Offline

Originally Posted By: theJourney
The "no multiple teachers" control freak clause is, besides being creepy, simply bad business. To my ears it screams inferiority complex and insecurity on the part of the teacher who apparently implicitly believes that his or her teaching will only be retained if comparison to potentially superior alternatives is forbidden. Those teachers I know with such clauses around here are the desperate ones begging for students (and tend to be the ones that, as soon as they find a potential student, force them to sign up for a year in advance and to pay for lessons not taken).

Teachers would be smarter to put their efforts into delivering superior value and building deep relationships with their students (and parents) in order to retain them rather than try to control others through onerous -- and ultimately anti-student welfare -- contract terms and conditions.

Perhaps if you did not have that clause, you would still have this student who might soon tire of their Polish adventure. Instead, your inflexible contract terms have cost you a star student.

I don't see anything wrong with this clause. A teacher can put whatever they want in their policy, and if the student agrees then there's no problem. In this case, the student did not agree and decided to choose this other than rather than the OP. Again, no problem there, because you're right, they have the right to study with whomever they want. It doesn't prevent a student from going elsewhere at all.

While I do not have such a clause in my policy, I agree with the concept of not studying with multiple teachers at one time. This is not the same as going to a master class, music camp, taking a lessons or two with a teacher recommended by me, etc. I think that if a student has two teachers that they meet with on a weekly basis, however, they can often be given conflicting information if they are studying the same pieces/style of music with them (a classical student going to study with someone for jazz would not be a problem).

Some parents may not understand this, however, and may perceive this as an odd thing to put in a policy. Sometimes these things are better dealt with in person on an as-needed basis.

#1510748 - 09/07/10 11:17 AM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
Morodiene Offline

I spoke with him today, he said "because of your rules, we have decided to go with the other teacher". My rules being - students will not have multiple teachers.

I have a question: were these "rules" in your policy in writing, or just something that you spoke to them about? I had previously made the assumption that this was in your policy.

#1510807 - 09/07/10 01:04 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
Lollipop Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia
I do have a clause in my student letter (not part of the policy that they sign, but part of the "welcome to my studio" portion) that explains that I do not want to be part of a two-teacher situation unless the other teacher is aware and approves. Just a couple times I've had students who come to me with the idea that they might like me better, but aren't willing to cut the strings with the previous teacher just in case. I'm not interested in these kinds of trial periods, and after the introductory meeting, when I learn this, I ask them to contact me when and if they decide to end lessons elsewhere.

In my experience, it is just good manners (and politic) to talk to the first teacher about lessons with another. My kids never studied with two teachers at once, but they did take summers to study elsewhere, or to have single lessons with other teachers. They did this to expand their experience and their network. To experience different teaching styles, and to get feedback from other than the usual source. It was valuable.

But each time, my son would go to his primary teacher and say, "What would you think about me taking a few lessons from so and so?" The teacher was actually very helpful - sometimes making contact on our behalf. And sometimes steering us in a different direction all together.

My nephew takes from two teachers. The "fun" teacher knows about the "classical" teacher but not vice versa. I don't know that the classical teacher has said no doubling up, only that they are afraid she will. It makes me angry that my relatives put their son in this situation, teaching deceit. And he is a busy kid, and guess which music falls by the wayside when he doesn't have time for both?

#1510826 - 09/07/10 01:48 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
I wouldn't take it personally. Things happen that make us sad sometimes. I would attribute the change due to the fact that the family was Polish as well.

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#1510829 - 09/07/10 01:58 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Piano*Dad]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: Piano*Dad

For instance, is it student stealing to suggest to a parent that a particular, and particularly incompetent, teacher is harming the prospects of their child? Who decides that the other teacher is incompetent and is doing harm? If you offer your own services in place of the truly incompetent teacher, are you yourself over the line? (Indeed, you are).

If the governing association punishes student stealing of this type, then they are in effect protecting incompetent teachers - unless there is also some mechanism in place for addressing that problem.

#1510842 - 09/07/10 02:27 PM Re: Polish teacher stealing my student - UPDATE [Re: Dark Dragon]
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington, USA
Perhaps, Tim, the question we ought to be asking is: "What business is it of Teacher A how student of Teacher B is doing?"

Why should they be commenting to a parent in the first place?

If the parent(s) didn't solicit the information, then the motivation of the teacher comes into question.

I see hundreds of piano students each year. I keep my comments positive and my criticisms to myself. I am not the judge of other teachers in the community.

Further, if a student is playing poorly, whose fault is it? The teacher, the student, the parent, or the learning environment? How can you possibly know?

We have auditions, adjudications, and competitions for judging the quality of students' playing. That, it seems to me, is the proper place for criticism. Not off the cuff remarks by a teacher who is suddenly feeling they are another Hanslick and can critique the playing and teaching of others. And which, oh, by the way, they are certain they can do a better job if only the student switches to them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thinking of trading up to a baby grand...
by Anne H
Today at 03:22 AM
Piano Lock Key -> what is it used for ?
by angga888
Today at 12:02 AM
Yurmauer Piano
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Books to Learn Notes for Teenagers?
by pianoheart
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Jim Laabs Music - my experience buying a grand sight-unseen
by ernani
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Who's Online
60 registered (AZNpiano, Anne H, alberto, BB Player, 13 invisible), 1571 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76712 Members
42 Forums
158629 Topics
2329777 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission