Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1513206 - 09/11/10 02:09 AM the best digital piano with internal speakers
Gusiest Offline

Loc: venezuela
i want a great digital piano to use at home, so my needs are the standard ones:
-best sound possible..
-nice touch..
- portability (not clavinovas, privias or something like it)
-internal speakers..

so I think the yamaha p155 is a good one, but i dont know about the other brands...

what do you guys recommend me smile

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#1513208 - 09/11/10 02:15 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
TADutchman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
What is your max. budget for spending on a DP?

#1513210 - 09/11/10 02:20 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: TADutchman]
Gusiest Offline

Originally Posted By: TADutchman
What is your max. budget for spending on a DP?

just about 1500$ thats would be my budget... could be more if it worths

#1513213 - 09/11/10 02:32 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
TADutchman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Responding to the slightly 'more' side, given build-in speakers are needed for your portable DP: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Cont...mp;CTID=5042183

I've seen this one for less than 2000 USD...

#1513223 - 09/11/10 03:07 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
bsl100 Offline

This is exactly what customers are looking for - "the best DP available (to choose from) at different price points".

Here's what i'd posted on the RD-700NX thread.

Yamaha, Kawai, Roland have the following best key actions:
Yamaha: GH3 & NW
Kawai: Responsive Hammer (RH) & RM3 (wood)
Roland: PHAIII -S & PHAIII

Also for their best sound sample:
Yamaha: Pure CF sampling (4-5 layer)
Kawai: Ultra PHI
Roland: SuperNATURAL

Now, can someone come up with both these featurs as a combination in these company's DP's and at what price.
Lets add String Resonance as an important feature (if people are studying on Acoustics at their Teacher's place, this becomes important).

<USD 2000:
<USD 3000:
<USD 4000:

Am just trying to figure out the best combination of TOUCH and SOUND available from companies at different price points to enable people to shortlist and then tryout before buying.

LETS SEE WHAT DIFFERNT COMPANIES HAVE TO OFFER. DO THEY GIVE YOU A GOOD DEAL? AND IF SO, WHICH COMPANY AND WHICH PRODUCTS?

Brian

#1513227 - 09/11/10 03:27 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
Dr Popper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hancock Park LA (not again)
Originally Posted By: Gusiest
i want a great digital piano to use at home, so my needs are the standard ones:
-best sound possible..
-nice touch..
- portability (not clavinovas, privias or something like it)
-internal speakers..

so I think the yamaha p155 is a good one, but i dont know about the other brands...

what do you guys recommend me smile

The Roland FP-7F ....
About $1800
Currently the best portable DP with speakers on the market.

#1513237 - 09/11/10 04:41 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
bsl100 Offline

The FP-7F seems to be the hot one to wait for. PHAIII-S Key action (Have to wait and see if its as good as the PHAIII), SuperNATURAL sound engine, String Resonance, Onboard Looper, MIC-in for Vocal Harmony, Rhythm Session Partner (80 styles), Internal Speakers (with box). Cant wait to try it out. Due in Nov 2010.

The Kawai ES6 (1700$). AHA-IV action, Harmoninic Imaging (HI), String Resonance, Rhythm Section (100 styles), Internal Speakers (with box). Just hope they give it the upgraded RH key action and Progressive HI.

Edited by bsl100 (09/11/10 05:11 AM)

#1513248 - 09/11/10 07:05 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: TADutchman]
wildpaws Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
Originally Posted By: TADutchman
Responding to the slightly 'more' side, given build-in speakers are needed for your portable DP: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Cont...mp;CTID=5042183

I've seen this one for less than 2000 USD...

We recently bought one of these CP300s for our church for $1,750 at Guitar Center. We are quite pleased with it.
Clyde

#1513353 - 09/11/10 12:47 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: wildpaws]
ChrisA Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, California
First you have to decide what is important to you. Do you like Roland's key action or Yamaha's. If you happen to hate Roland's' PHA-III action then your options are thinned out a little. If both Roland's PHA and Yamaha's GH are OK then maybe you want some really big internal speakers, go with the CP300. Is the qquality of the sound more important than the volume level? Look at the new FP4 with "SN". I own the P155 and think it s a great home practice piano. The internal spears are OK if you don't want high (or even medium) volume.

The P155 has slightly more advanced internal sound samples than the CP300 bu the CP300 has MUCH better internal speakers and other features that make t a better MIDI controllers and stage piano. The FP4F has the best internal sound and many people prefer the keys too. The P155 is the lowest priced option. Wait for a sale. I got mine for under $1K.

But really, no portable DP has really great built-in speakers. Even low-end PA speakers are much better than the best built-in speakers

#1513358 - 09/11/10 12:57 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
Benjamin86 Offline

i agree with chris, if you want to go with the real thing, you gotta get some external speakers cause no piano with built-in speakers will offer the same as what is possible with some real good external speakers.
if ur still hooked up to the built-in speakers, go with cp300 or fp7f.

#1513380 - 09/11/10 01:48 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
emenelton Offline

The Kawai ES6's internal speakers always surprise me when I hear somebody else playing mine. It sounds like a very nice acoustic piano.

#1513433 - 09/11/10 04:21 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
bsl100 Offline

Emenelton,

Could you share your experience with the ES6? Key action, sound quality. The ES6 has 6 speakers with speaker box. Total 26W amplification.

I'm sure CHrisA meant Roland FP-7F. It has 2 speakers with speaker box. Total 24W amplification.

Would be interesting to know how the older FP-7 speakers (26W) compares with the ES6 speakers.

As far as external speakers go, a good pair of powered monitors placed on stands at ear level would sound better than any other combination. Small speakers are known to produce clearer sound in general. Though to get the lower frequencies, you'll have to go with at least a 6.5 inch mid/bass driver.

Tower/floorstanding speakers have their mid/bass drivers much lower than ear level. The lower frequencies are better represented. But to enjoy the lower frequencies/thump, you've got to be a little away from them.

Yamaha seems to be quite good in the in-built speaker segment. Even their DGX series (portable grand sries having graded soft touch and GHS actions) with 12W total amplication, gives good clarity and good sound.

Its more the components rather than size.

#1513467 - 09/11/10 05:47 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: bsl100]
Gusiest Offline

thank you so much, you help me a lot.. never heard about that roland before... so you guys you think the roland is the best instead of es-6 roland and cp300??

#1513471 - 09/11/10 05:52 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: bsl100]
emenelton Offline

Could you share your experience with the ES6?
I play it in a jazz combo through external combo amp and sometimes take it to our cabin and various people play it through it's internal speakers.

Key action,
light, but even with good control
sound quality.
very nice - while playing chords the string resonance gives a little extra dimension that allows different voicings to have more weight

The ES6 has 6 speakers with speaker box. Total 26W amplification.

When I've taken it on vacation at our cabin and had various family and friends play it through it's internal speakers it always displays a very rich and balanced sonority and just sounds like an acoustic piano, it's actually a bit 'uncanny' in that regard.
When I bought it I compared it at the same store to the P155 and FP7. I had Roland in the past and didn't want the dull roland sound and didn't like the shallow keybed(though the Kawai's keybed is probably not real different). The Yamaha P155 was bright and thin and had looping and stretching artifacts that the ES6 did not exhibit.

All in all I think it's a gem and has now for the first time only been matched by the new FP7 with the SN engine.

#1513478 - 09/11/10 06:10 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: emenelton]
Gusiest Offline

the deal with the speakers is about playing it in my room, and its 5x4 mts, so i dont really care about very high volume..

and a will use it for my christian band, and it will be amplified of course..

#1513648 - 09/12/10 12:53 AM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
bsl100 Offline

Gusiest,

NOTHING IS BEST. Its different people with different tastes for TOUCH and SOUND. You could look at features like Latest KEY action (of each Company), Latest Sound engine (of each Company), and additional features like String Resonance, On-board Speakers, 3 pedal compatibility, etc. Then check out personally these products to see which suit your style (and the acoustic if you study/play on one).

And more importantly, they need to fit into your budget.

Check out the websites of Kawai, Roland, Yamaha and compare the features of their Stage DP's.

Brian

#1513892 - 09/12/10 05:01 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
Knightsix Offline

Loc: Arizona
Gusiest; your request is going to garner you opinions from other musicians about what THEY think is best. In my own personal search, I spent about a week researching DPs 'functions' first. I focused on a number of DPs that had the characteristics I was looking for, and made note of them. I then visited four local music stores that carried the DPs I picked out and spent some quality time with their floor models. I narrowed it down to one pick and bought it. It's sitting on top of my Hammond C-3 now while I get to experiment with different music/rhythm backgrounds. That's my methodology for selecting instruments. If I bought a DP recommended by someone else and didn't like it, I can't very well blame the other guy. Knightsix

#1513936 - 09/12/10 06:32 PM Re: the best digital piano with internal speakers [Re: Gusiest]
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
FP7F +1

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
123 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, 37 invisible), 1250 Guests and 41 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153595 Topics
2251128 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
6 minutes 5 seconds ago
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Today at 10:23 PM
CA glue applications
by accordeur
Today at 10:01 PM
Casio PX 850
by ryand90
Today at 07:41 PM
Am I Too Old?
by HatemTarek22
Today at 07:34 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission