2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 91 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 90 91
Here is my "piano room" with a view of the orange tree. Very California. smile
[Linked Image]

Not on Facebook, but pretty visible at Google+
https://plus.google.com/+DruMorgan
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by RaggedKeyPresser
[quote=Tuneless]Here is my AP, which needs some bridge work. The bridge caps in the upper treble, just to the right of the upper strut, have cracked, separated from the bridge root and shifted slightly. Shouldn't be too difficult to take the string pressure off and re-glue the caps back into place. I need to do this before any kind of professional tuning. But realizing that the piano would be out of commission for the time it took to complete this, and I have never done this particular tech job on a piano before, I bought a Roland FP-50 to tide my over and have discovered how truly inhibited I was with others in the house hearing my less than entertaining performance.
[Linked Image]

Wow, really super piano , I love the look of this style of piano...

I hope i don't regret posting this , but here is my recording/piano station!!! lol, room which is in my bedroom,
my real piano is downstairs in ..a lonnnnggggg story, but covered in plastic....
I just started wallpapering, tired of looking at old beer stains on the wall.....need new lampshades too, and No way , was I wearing it for fun..... cool
need a job too....
[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by earlofmar
is that you in the picture drumming?

No. That is my younger son, Daniel. I am behind the camera which is why you can't see me.

The red upholstery in the corner is the piano cover on the Bechstein upright. Once my study is ready the upright will go in there.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Wish I lived somewhere the oranges grow . . . frown ha ha

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Philip in China: I think I see a portrait of you and your wife in the background? Very nice.

My view is basically lower Delaware open farm land plus my neighbors houses. Maybe I should plant a fruit tree outside? smile

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tuneless
[Linked Image]

I had the idea to put a carpet under my AP, you did remove it just locally?

Actually, that tile is from what the previous owner of our log home did to put a pellet stove in. Heating this log house was tough because the grouting was never properly done, I've re-grouted the inside which cut the big heat loss, but we still have to do the outside. The pellet stove bit the dust, so we just pulled it out. When we finally took the piano off the dollies and placed in the living room, there was this tiled spot that just seemed perfect for the iron wheels of the piano so they weren't tearing up the carpet every time I pulled the piano way from the wall to inspect the backside/sound board. Looks kind of neat to, but the position of the piano is pretty much set by the allowable space in the room, and is total coincidence that the tile winds up under the piano so neatly.

Cynthia

Roland FP-50
Conover Upright, 1888/9, but a very low mileage piano. http://www.pbase.com/schnitz/conover_upright_piano__1888_or_9 .
Tuneless = Don't play piano yet but getting there.
I'm technically very capable. I love my piano and love tinkering with it.
G
G
Not exactly piano room , more likely keyboard room (musical or not LOL).
Yamaha P105B and MM6 , both connected to PC via USB and line outs and serving as midi keyboards on demand.
MM6 was my first instrument started practicing on it,now it waits there patiently for me to be good enough to use it.P105B was bought because it was a suggestion from teacher (it was a good one!!!!).

I use DAW (ableton) and Kontakt 5 for the galaxy pianos.M-audio AV40 and a NI komplete audio 6 (recent purchase) for the sound I/O from the instruments.
I use a 8 inch tablet to read tabs while practicing (but it is a small screen, i need bigger)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by George Gk; 03/06/15 02:03 PM.
I`d do away wi the piano stool. Why not roll from computer table to piano without leaving your seat? Notwithstanding a few grooves in the carpet that is . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
G
G
Yeah , you are right.
That is what i usually do.Last few days i am searching for the best position (but can't find it, now i have lowered the keys a few cm ).
Have to find a tablet holder, it is very nice to have it there (despite it's small screen)

Originally Posted by George Gk
Not exactly piano room , more likely keyboard room (musical or not LOL).

I use DAW (ableton) and Kontakt 5 for the galaxy pianos.M-audio AV40 and a NI komplete audio 6 (recent purchase) for the sound I/O from the instruments.

what speakers do you use?

Yamaha 155, Yamaha Motif Rack XS(with mLan), Roland Fantom XR, Alesis Vi61, Behringer UMC404HD, Yamaha HS7, Cubase 7.5.4
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BrianDX
Philip in China: I think I see a portrait of you and your wife in the background? Very nice.

My view is basically lower Delaware open farm land plus my neighbors houses. Maybe I should plant a fruit tree outside? smile

You see a portrait of my mother and father. The other pictures in the room are mainly family sepia photographs. Some go back to the 19th century.

I don't need to plant a fruit tree. The window looks out onto the front orchard.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
G
G
Originally Posted by Hitry Plan
what speakers do you use?

M-Audio AV40 I found them via a Tech site in my country.They are active speakers and they have quite good sound.
They have 3 different stereo inputs (TRS , RCA , stereo jack) and they all mix together .I used to work with the piano and MM6 while the PC was playing Youtube (i was trying cover on a song)

Last edited by George Gk; 03/07/15 03:52 AM.
Originally Posted by piano_primo_1

I hope i don't regret posting this , but here is my recording/piano station!!! lol, room which is in my bedroom,
my real piano is downstairs in ..a lonnnnggggg story, but covered in plastic....
I just started wallpapering, tired of looking at old beer stains on the wall.....need new lampshades too, and No way , was I wearing it for fun..... cool
need a job too....
[Linked Image]

So antique room... smile

Yamaha 155, Yamaha Motif Rack XS(with mLan), Roland Fantom XR, Alesis Vi61, Behringer UMC404HD, Yamaha HS7, Cubase 7.5.4
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
So old rddooom grin

L
L
I would post mine but my piano top is covered in empty beer bottles. I am an alcoholic(I am not an alcoholic) wink

Last edited by lean to tail; 03/11/15 04:56 PM.
I always enjoy viewing pictures of everybody's pianos and piano rooms. While our pianos and rooms vary in style, there is just something special about each of our instruments and the space that we escape to in order to play them. I got my new piano back in October and haven't gotten around to posting pictures of it until now.

[Linked Image]

As you can see in the next picture, I've been using under the couch as easy access sheet music storage. I've been looking around for a cabinet, but after seeing the prices I haven't committed to spending the money on one yet.

[Linked Image]

And now for my new piano. I have waited 20+ for a good quality piano. After trying various pianos in my price range, I went with the Charles Walter 1520. For me it is the perfect piano in terms of sound, touch, and the budget I was working with. I really like the beauty and craftsmanship of the cabinet as well. Unless we move into a bigger house where we would have room for a grand, I believe this will be my forever piano.

[Linked Image]

Before I tried the Charles Walter, I tried a couple of Schimmels and fell in love with them. Although they were quite a bit more than I was initially planning on spending, the price was still doable and I was seriously considering going with it. Then I tried the Charles Walter. Although these pianos have different sound and touch characteristics, I thought they were both great and couldn't tell which I loved more. So I went with the Charles Walter which was about half the price.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Benn; 03/11/15 07:47 PM.

Charles Walter 1520

Originally Posted by Tuneless
Here is my AP, which needs some bridge work. The bridge caps in the upper treble, just to the right of the upper strut, have cracked, separated from the bridge root and shifted slightly. Shouldn't be too difficult to take the string pressure off and re-glue the caps back into place. I need to do this before any kind of professional tuning. But realizing that the piano would be out of commission for the time it took to complete this, and I have never done this particular tech job on a piano before, I bought a Roland FP-50 to tide my over and have discovered how truly inhibited I was with others in the house hearing my less than entertaining performance.
[Linked Image]

Cynthia, now that is a majestic looking piano. Beautiful!

Charles Walter 1520

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Benn
I went with the Charles Walter 1520.
[Linked Image]

Wow, that is beautiful smile
And a piano room with a fireplace... I'm jealous.
Many happy years of playing!

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
Originally Posted by Jytte
Originally Posted by Benn
I went with the Charles Walter 1520.
[Linked Image]

Wow, that is beautiful smile
And a piano room with a fireplace... I'm jealous.
Many happy years of playing!

Thanks, Jytte. A wood fireplace was on our wishlist when we were looking for a house. Of course the piano tech questioned it's us during his first visit though, lol. I have been measuring the temperature and humidity of the room though and been taking steps to keep them in an reasonable range.

Charles Walter 1520

Page 24 of 91 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 90 91

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission