2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (brennbaer, AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, 11 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hi Carl,

Glad to hear you are planning to join us, looking forward to meeting you, your wife and your mother-in-law.

While I definitely want everyone who plans on going on the tour to let me know, I'd appreciate it if you would also contact Kimberly (Contact Kimberly Winters at 727-896-7161 or Kimberly@hillstravel.com ) as it helps them track things on their end if they hear directly from our participants.

Best,

Frank Baxter
Piano World

B
B
Early on in this thread I may have written "people need to put their money where their mouth is: or maybe I said that in a PM to Frank. Well, anyway I just sent in my deposit to confirm my place on this wonderful opportunity. I'm encouraging others to do the same.

In recent weeks many churches have been encouraging their members to make their pledges of contributions for the upcoming year. One over enthusiastic young preacher got carried away in his stewardship sermon and called out from the pulpit: "I upped my pledge...up yours!"

I don't know if he got his point across, but the sooner more of us step up to making our financial commitment to this trip the sooner we will know what the bottom line cost will be. That information will me helpful to me in my planning and I think that would be the case for many others too.

1904 Henry F. Miller Concert Grand * 2002 Estonia 190 Satin Bubinga * 2008 Schulze-Pohlman vertical 125 polished cherrywood peacock design * 2008 Schoenhut minature grand (49 keys) * 2008 Roland Digital Harpsichord, 2010 Roland FP-4 (88 key slab).
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
The latest update brings us to 31 who say they want to join the tour.

If everyone does indeed come through, we will be in the last (lowest) price bracket.

We still have at least 13 people who are undecided. Now is the Time!

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

I wrote to Kimberly Winters at the beginning of November asking about the 25% deposit. I got this e-mail from Elle Baumann:

Thank you for your e-mail. I will contact the tour operator and verify this information and will get back to you shortly

Elle
Hill's Travel Service

How much do I need to send in (there are two of us), who do I make I the check for and where to send it?

-Jim & Sandy

[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hi Jim & Sandy,

The reason we weren't asking for deposits until the start of Dec. was to
allow time to bring as many people on board as possible.

As you know, the more people the better the pricing (up to a point).

In addition some of the places on the tour wouldn't lock in prices too far ahead.

We had set Dec. 1 as the original lock down date for deposits, now extended slightly to Mid Dec. because we've gotten other people raising their hands.

I will be working with Elle this coming week to get the details we need.
As soon as we have them, Elle will be sending an email to everyone who plans to join the tour, and I will be posting the updates on the Forums.

Thanks for your patience, glad to hear your anxious to get this settled and reserve your spot.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

B
B
Hello...we don't need people "raising their hands"...we need people making financial commitments to the tour!

1904 Henry F. Miller Concert Grand * 2002 Estonia 190 Satin Bubinga * 2008 Schulze-Pohlman vertical 125 polished cherrywood peacock design * 2008 Schoenhut minature grand (49 keys) * 2008 Roland Digital Harpsichord, 2010 Roland FP-4 (88 key slab).
M
M
Hello, what a wonderful Trip - I wish I could join you but I have no money left after booking several journeys.
I am German and new on this forum. I know many of the places you will visit for sightseeing. When I saw your plans on the trip for June 12th I wondered how that will be possible and checked the time you need for transportation. By the way both cities -Nuremberg and Rothenburg are extremely beautiful and interesting. But on that day you will spent about 4 hours in the bus: 1 hour from Bayreuth where you stay overnight to Nuremberg, 1h 15 min. from Nuremberg to Rothenburg, 1hour 50 minutes from Rothenburg to Bayreuth. In the towns your program will be extremely tight. You might regret not to have more time there.

I thought I should tell you that so that you can check once more wether this is really what you want!

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hello Munich, and welcome to the forums.

Thank you for your comments.

I know we are cutting some things a bit close, we may need to adjust.
There is so much to see and do, we could have a month and not see it all.

But we have only 12 days, which no doubt will go by very quickly.
The tour will give everyone a chance to experience a little bit of a lot of things.
Some who, like myself, have never been to Europe will want to take it all in with the thought that they will return one day to spend more time with the places and people they liked the most.

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful country.

Best,

Frank Baxter
Founder / Host
Piano World

Hello Frank, Elle and All,

I sent my deposit in today. Frank and/or Elle, can you let me know when enough deposits have been received that the trip is a definite go? Airfare is nonrefunadable and I want to get my airfare after enough folks are signed up and paid, so that the trip is a sure thing.

Really looking forward to it! Are we going to be doing any Bach- related excursions?

Also will we be able to see Beethoven's grave?

Yours in Piano,

Last edited by qtpi; 12/01/10 07:51 PM.

qtpi
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Frank, you've put together a great trip - I'll be with all of you in spirit, just can't afford it at this time.

I know all PW travelers will have a great time and wonderful memories.

If time permits, keep us posted on your travels.

Bon Voyage smile

Last edited by musdan; 12/02/10 12:25 AM.
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Think about it ...

This Trip Would Make a Christmas Present of a Lifetime!

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
If you haven't done so already, it's time to...

Join The Piano Tour Now! Please Read On...
Do you know what a Catch 22 is?
Well that's what we are experiencing right now. Why?

Because a number of people have indicated they want to join the tour...
ONCE THEY KNOW WE HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE!

Well, if you are sitting on the sidelines waiting, you may well be the one(s) creating the challenge.
We need YOU to join us now so we will have "enough" people.

We Have Enough People IF...
You make the commitment to join the rest of us. You know you want to be part of this adventure.
It will be like no other tour/trip you've ever seen. Fun, educational, mesmerizing, musical, stimulating, interesting, unique.

Did You Realize?
We will be treated to private tours of top European piano manufacturers conducted by:
Steingräber u. Söhne Tour (Bayreuth, Germany) Conducted by Udo Steingräber himself. A gentleman and world class piano designer.
Blüthner Tour (Leipzig, Germany) Tour to be conducted by Dr. Christian Blüthner. Dr. Blüthner has a fascinating bio, as does Blüthner piano.
Hamburg Steinway Tour (Hamburg, Germany) Kyle Kirkland, Chairman of Steinway Musical Instruments has promised a memorable tour.
Bösendorfer Tour (Vienna, Austria)Thanks to the artist formerly known as Bosie Eric for putting us in touch with the right people.

And that we will enjoy a private concert (in a castle no less) by Pianist/Composer/Author Robin Meloy Goldsby (author of The Piano Girl, Rhythm, and ...)

Plus we will be touring composer's homes, music museums, cathedrals, and castles.
Not to mention staying in beautiful classic European hotels and dining in wonderful restaurants.

All this plus lots more, including traveling in a comfortable tour bus with our own guide (leave the driving to them), breakfast and dinner included so you don't have to think about it (of course you can do your own thing if you prefer), time to yourself to do tourist stuff (or nothing).

NOTE: We have single travelers who are interested in pairing up to save the "single" fees. Make sure you
let Elle (our travel agent) know if you are either looking for a travel mate or are willing to consider pairing up with someone.
Same gender only, we aren't match making here you know :-)

Please Don't Wait Any Longer - Commit Today! (this would make a great Christmas present :-)

Elle is our contact at Hills Travel (our travel agency). She can accept credit cards, or you
can mail a check. She is also available to answer any questions. Get your deposit in and hold your spot!

Hill's Travel Service
Saint Petersburg, USA
Trier, Germany
P: (877) 845 7437 ­ toll free
F: (727) 896 7167
Email: elle@hillstravel.com

We are so looking forward to meeting up with everyone in Germany!

Have a Very Merry Christmas & a Happy and Safe New Year!

Musically Yours,
Frank & Kathy
P.S.
We will be at the NAMM show (Anaheim, CA) Jan 12-17.
Hope to catch up with those of you who will be attending the show.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Have you sent your deposit yet?

You'll hate yourself if you miss this tour!

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

I'm wondering about arrival times in Hamburg. I would hate to have a flight delay and miss meeting up with the group on Sunday evening. Is anyone planning on flying in on Saturday?

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Yes Agilita, I am arriving a day early and will stay just south of the city in a small charming town. I'll travel on to Hamburg early on Sun. Don't we have something going on Sunday?

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Sorry to miss Sunday night meeting; My 50th high school reunion is Saturday night, and the best I can do is 7:30 Monday AM at the Hamburg airport. I've let Elle know about this.

There is no end of learning. -Robert Schumann Rules for Young Musicians
Lilylady,

What is the "charming town"? I think I'll plan a Saturday arrival. Not sure what I'll do with the extra time. I need to get a guide book and do a little reading.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
When willl second payment be due?

Steinway 1905 model A, rebuild started 2008, completed 2012
Yahama CVP-401
Will somone get my wife off the Steinway so I can play it!
Bart, the pdf with the pricing said this:

"25% of entire amount is due by December 1st. Another 25% is due on March 1st, 2011, with final payment due by April 4, 2011"

Since the first payment was extended until mid-December, I don't know if the other deadlines will change or not.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Since the first payment was extended until mid-December, I don't know if the other deadlines will change or not.

Why I asked the question. Hope it is.

Steinway 1905 model A, rebuild started 2008, completed 2012
Yahama CVP-401
Will somone get my wife off the Steinway so I can play it!
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission